Welcome to this discussion board! This document gives you the basic knowledge
that you need to use this board effectively. If you experience any difficulties
with the board, please
contact a moderator.
Anyone with WWW access can read discussions on this board. To read discussions,
navigate to the discussion of interest by single clicking on the links from the
list of topics and subtopics. You can navigate backwards using the navigation
bars at the top of each page.
Contributing to Discussions
To post a message to an existing discussion, fill in the "Add a Message" box at
the bottom of the page. You may use
or basic HTML tags to improve the appearance of your post. At the
discretion of the moderators, the discussion may allow public posting or may
require a user account (username and password). Follow the instructions on the
form to supply the necessary credentials for posting.
Where available, you may click on a "Create New Conversation" button to start a
new discussion. This will add a subtopic with the subject you specify and start
a conversation with the initial message that you specify. After filling in the
subject line, post a message as described above.
Searching the Board
This discussion board can be searched by time of post and keyword from the
Search screen. This searching
mechanisms provide convenient methods to locate discussions of interest.
Getting an Account
Having a user account on this discussion board gives the following benefits:
- Ability to specify your full name and e-mail address to be included on your post
- Ability to enable e-mail notification of all posts to topics you select
- Ability to change your own password
- Ability to specify miscellaneous preferences for operation of the board, and to give more information about yourself that others can view
To obtain a user account, go to the
Where to get further information
For additional information on using this system, read the
Formatting document and the
If you have additional questions or concerns, post them to an appropriate area on the
discussion forum, or contact one of the moderators or the board administrator from the
Rules and "Netiquette"
Welcome to the English FIGU Forum! We would appreciate it if you could spend a few minutes reading the below guidelines and policies, as being a member of the forum you must agree to follow them.
- Members must post in a way that is respectful of other members. Be civil, be sincere, be coherent in your posts, no flaming, no trolling. Members should avoid posting comments that could cause offense or be generally construed as objectionable in content or tone. Posts of this nature will not be tolerated. Some degree of good humour is always welcome; it helps to keep the fundamentalists and fanatics at bay.
- It is advised to use the search function prior to posting any questions, as there are many topics, issues and questions discussed in the past years.
- The forum was created to discuss the publications and topics relating to FIGU, and the ideas and comments of forum members may contain errors and therefore not accurately reflect the original FIGU material. Thus, unless otherwise stated, FIGU cannot guarantee the information posted by the forum members.
- Remember that this forum is for a large group of people, with the interest of studying FIGU material. Members must avoid imposing their own ideas or theories on the group.
- Abuse of the forum is not permitted. Examples include such things as posting copyrighted material without permission, advertising, lobbying and creating activist groups without FIGU's approval first, prescribing or advising on medical related problems, excessive unsubstantiated disagreements. However, a healthy disagreement or criticism is always welcome. Information or images taken elsewhere must accompany mention of the source.
- Posts containing text or images made by members other than yourself must not be posted or published elsewhere without their direct consent.
- Translations posted on the forum should be referenced to include the name of the person who translated it, and/or mention the source if from a book or pamphlet. Only short translated sentences are permitted to be posted on the forum, and are part of a discussion.
- Posts should always be posted in relevant topics and related to the FIGU material. Members are asked to read the topic descriptions before posting.
- All Posts should be consistent with normal writing, written in a coherent, readable format and must make sense. Excessive use of emoticons, large text, capitalized text, punctuation or coloured texts should be avoided.
- Posting links to other publications or articles without discussing it and relating it to the FIGU information will not be posted. Links outside of FIGU websites and affiliates must not be active links.
- The moderating team reserves the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what to edit or remove, or what is construed as indecent, vulgar, offensive, spam, etc. is up to moderators and not users.
- We will not pass on or trade any personal information to third parties. But the information such as email may be used by the moderators for correspondence purposes only.
- Every user must provide an active email address. If the emails becomes inactive, the username will be deactivated.
- If usernames are chosen that are not real names, appropriate terms should be chosen.
If anything that occurs in this forum that disturbs you, please report it to one of the moderators.
Lastly, a reminder: Any posts submitted which do not meet the above guidelines will be rejected by moderators; any posters who become repeat offenders will be banned from the forum.
Copyright © 2002, DiscusWare, LLC, all rights reserved