Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through September 27, 2009

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Translations » Archive through September 27, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Sanjin

Post Number: 31
Posted on Monday, August 31, 2009 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thomas, from what I know:

"Dyson and Vivienne from www.gaiaguys.net have the permission to make non-official and preliminary translations on their website, but they don’t have the right to publish their translations as official translations." - Billy Meier, October 2006.

This tells me that the couple is authorized to make preliminary translations, but they are not authorized to make official FIGU translations, so you are right. I'm guessing that FIGU translations go through a more rigorous checking and translation process, which I think are then considered as authorized official translations.
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Marksmanr

Post Number: 118
Posted on Tuesday, September 01, 2009 - 06:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been posting translations from the Myspace contact reports on futureofmankind.co.uk. with the original German next to the translation. Maybe in the future they could be reviewed for authorisation.

It takes a while formatting them, but I find it fun because I am reading them and sharing them simultaneously.

The most recent one I posted, Contact Report 134, is I'd say quite a good read.
Reece Stiller

Sparky

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, September 05, 2009 - 10:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get all the English translations of Billy's books and contact notes. (PDF or text version)
I am beginning to learn some German so that I can read the text in it's original form. I only seem to be finding bits an pieces of the translations.

Sanjin

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, September 07, 2009 - 08:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I noticed that the translators of KdW had difficulties translating "Recht" and "Unrecht" as in:

95) Thankfulness shall prevail for differentiating between right and non-right, as well as between truth and untruth, so that everyone may be led in the right way.

95) Dankbarkeit soll vorherrschen für die Unterscheidung von Recht und Unrecht sowie von Wahrheit und Unwahrheit, damit jeder recht geleitet sein möge.

Obviously, a proper translation for "Unrecht" was not found and was translated as non-right. It looks to me like "injustice", and the opposite "justice" or "justness" would be good translations for this. I still have to look through all the instances of these words to see if they are the proper ones, but it looks to me like a perfect fit and translation.

I checked through both the German and English words in dictionaries and wikipedia and they correspond very well. If someone thinks that it is not right to translate it as justice/injustice, could you please explain why.

Sparky, all the translations of the contact notes are not available anywhere. It will take a long time to translate all the information, mostly because the funds are not available for this and more so because we try to make sure that they are translated as accurately as possible, which is very difficult and impossible in certain places.

You will find the most translations in the four volumes of "Message from the Pleiades", released by Wendell Stevens, but some information is censored and inaccurate. I think that your best bet is to go to:

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/

James and Marksmanr are doing a great job of always adding new information and translations, and all the available content should keep you busy for a while. There, you will find the English and German side by side, which should also help you learn German a little better.

But if you want to quickly improve your German, your best bet would be to go to Germany and go to a school over there. If you want a good understanding of the German language, you must listen and observe German people talk, much like a child would learn a language. If you can find a way to take some German classes in Germany, maybe through an student exchange program, it will profoundly boost your understanding.

German words and the English counterpart words (translations) do not always have the exact same meaning and are not used in the same contexts. So just having an English translation of a German word does not always mean that the words have the exact same meaning and value.

Michael Horn also has a lot of books and translations on his website:
www.theyfly.com
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Marksmanr

Post Number: 120
Posted on Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 03:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone,

A new translation of Contact Report #476 has been posted on theyfly.com and futureofmankind.co.uk:
http://futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Contact_Report_476

It is about the year 2012, solar storms, climate change (and the negative effects it brings to human beings physically and psychically), the power of thought and some more things.

I find it to be very important information so be sure to read it.

From it you will realise how beautiful it is how we are interconnected/together in so many ways as Earth humanity, but also how there are some difficult times ahead (separately also of course possibility of WWIII etc.).

So there is some interesting times coming up soon, however mostly negative ones.
Reece Stiller

Cpl

Post Number: 485
Posted on Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for CR 476, Reece. Good to be forewarned.
Chris

Use to the full both your heart and your head; and never lose either.

Edmundo

Post Number: 17
Posted on Saturday, September 19, 2009 - 07:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Marksmanr,

there's no german text in contact 476 on futureofmankind.co.uk in second sentence.

And maybe you can change this record too :
http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/2012
because of new info from 476.

Salome

Marksmanr

Post Number: 122
Posted on Saturday, September 19, 2009 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Edmundo,

The German text actually is there, it is just that Christian worded it a bit differently when he translated it:

Zwar weiss ich aus privaten Erklärungen eurerseits, was sich da alles zutragen wird, auch über das ganze Jahr 2012 hinweg, worüber ich jedoch schweigen soll, um bei den Menschen nicht Ängste auszulösen und nicht Panikmache zu betreiben.

Admittedly I know from your explanation what will happen on that day and over the whole year, but I shall keep silent about this so as to not be causing fear and panic mongering.

It means the same thing but he said "explanation" instead of private conversation, and "that day" instead of 2012.

I'll update that 2012 page later today.

Salome.
Reece Stiller

Sanjin

Post Number: 51
Posted on Saturday, September 19, 2009 - 10:36 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just to set straight one of the previous conversations, the proper English phrase for the German word "Idol" and for the twisted (through Hollywood/MTV/etc) version of the English word "idol", is role model.

Edmundo

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, September 20, 2009 - 01:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Marksmanr,

I have meant second verse or paragraph - first Ptaah statement.
There English version on both side:

"Ptaah
... As regards the 21st December 2012 and the entire year,
..."

And should be:

"Ptaah
... Was nun den 21. Dezember 2012 und dieses Jahr überhaupt betrifft,
..."

Excuse me of my bad English, it's sometimes hard to choose appropriate words. ;)

Salome

Michael_horn

Post Number: 40
Posted on Sunday, September 20, 2009 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is now a corrected version of SB 49 at my site.

Marksmanr

Post Number: 123
Posted on Sunday, September 20, 2009 - 04:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok I fixed it on futureofmankind too. It looked so obvious but I actually never noticed it! lol
Reece Stiller

Sanjin

Post Number: 53
Posted on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From my previous post about "Recht" and "Unrecht", the proper translations are "just" and "unjust", which have the meaning of a moral right and its counterpart respectively.

"Justice" or "injustice" are more related to the the exercise of law in a court setting (authoritative) and therefore the exercise of being just.

Justness is used when one refers to objects, while justice refers to persons.

Michael_horn

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is from Mariann:

Non Unrecht cannot be translated as unjust. Unright would be logic, but unright does already mean unfair, and that is wrong. So you see how illogic the English language is. Just and justice is a legal thing, but right isn't. Billy only want's to accept "justice" if it is court-related. They do not hear all the discussions we have with Billy, so I don't blame them. They can be sure we use the best possible expressions we can find. Often together with Billy. We are also going to change Unwissen and Unwissenheit and Unwissende to unknowledge, unknowledgeness and ones who have/possess no knowledge.

Sanjin

Post Number: 55
Posted on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 11:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Horn,

How could I get in contact with Mariann?

Earthling

Post Number: 292
Posted on Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 03:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Micheal_horn - I see you have used a translation from 'The Investigator' on your site.

http://http://www.theyfly.com/Surpising_Natural_Origins.htm

Glad to see you employing that valuable resource. Whomever that is, they do fabulous work & are very fast with the translations. Perhaps not as accurate as gaiaguys but certainly plenty good enough for us English-only speakers looking for more to read.

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 803
Posted on Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 08:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear all,

re: http://www.theyfly.com/lost/Archives/meiersb37.htm & http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/meier/gaiaguys/meiersb37.htm , etc.

For a second time, Mariann has found a mistake we made back in July 2007, when we did our preliminary translation of Special Bulletin 37, which went to Michael’s and James’ websites, and also naturally need fixing by whoever else may have archived this work.

We do as we did with our previous mistake, and post her correction here on the forum so interested parties can make the required alteration, commensurate with her suggestion.

We have changed, “Truly, climate change deals with a purely natural process …” to: “They also say that climate change deals with a purely natural process…”

It’s right near the top of the page.

Salome und danke,
Dyson (& Vivienne)

P.S. More of our translation of SB49 has just been sent to Michael and James. Email probs meant that we did not know that our work was being duplicated. :-( But there's stuff about Michael Jackson that's interesting ... if you BELIEVE it! ;-)

And a belated episode of Asket's Explanations has also been sent off. Originally sent three weeks ago.

Edward

Post Number: 1477
Posted on Friday, September 25, 2009 - 01:34 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michael....

Concerning: Unwissen and Unwissenheit and Unwissende to unknowledge,
unknowledgeness and ones who have/possess no knowledge.

That is why I sometimes use - Unknowing-ness -, at times instead of Ignorant.

They may seem to have the same definition, but...which is in fact not the
case.

Ignorant can even be associated in a Negative manner. That is WHY some people
get upset when you tell them they are Ignorant; not Ignorant in a Negative
way....but...Ignorant is a Positnve way, in the sense - Unknowing - to the
information, facts or what ever, is concerning, which is no shame.

Thus, Ignorant and Unknowing-ness, and what you mentioned should indeed, be
written in the correct context, of what is being written(; and to be
understood...).

When it comes down to the point, it is HOW it is utilized in the context of
what is written(, as usual...).

The Dutch and German language have many similarities...when writing. Similar
as to the mentioned clarification above.

Edward.

Sanjin

Post Number: 56
Posted on Friday, September 25, 2009 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To come clean, she is right that the word unjust, as well as "just" can not be used. I have not done the proper research, because I have only seen the second reference which states:

"Not an intellect-, rationality- and logic-related right. "

By not being careful, and overlooking the first reference, and also since the font is so tiny and unreadable for the reference numbers, I had come to the conclusion that they wanted to explain that "right" refers to a moral right. Thanks for setting me straight (making me more right).

But there are many other things which I need to discuss with her.

For example: unknowledgeness does not make much sense. The word unknowledge, although not an English word also, could refer to and would probably be interpreted as knowledge in a book that is not real knowledge, like a false teaching. The word by itself can not refer to a person who possesses knowledge in him/herself. The usage of the term knowledge is different grammatically and in value from the German word "Wissen".

I concur with Edward that "ignorance" can not be used. Ignorance usually refers to someone who denies knowledge, that is, does not want to have knowledge while not having much of any knowledge. It is quite often an insult, rather than being a neutral word of significance.

Unwissende can be translated as "ones who have/possess no knowledge", but there is certainly no difference between that and "unknowing ones", because that is its definition.

Sanjin

Post Number: 58
Posted on Friday, September 25, 2009 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, I made a lil mistake again.

"The word [unknowledge] by itself can not refer to a person who possesses no knowledge in him/herself."

Maybe I'm stressing out too much, because I'd like you guys to have the best translation possible and I'm not yet satisfied with the current results. Here are some examples:

quote:

4) You (human beings) allow prosperousness in yourselves, then you do not create any displeasure in yourselves and you live in the ‹Goblet of Truth›; live according to the truth, that is certainty in recognising reality.

"allow" is a very loose translation. The German word expresses "give yourself and hold it in", where the English word for this is "grant". Also, from the sentence structure, this should be an "if" sentence. Besides that, the sentence should tell you that you should not feel displeasure if you grant prosperousness to yourselves. So it should be:

4) If you (human beings) grant prosperousness in yourselves, then do not create any displeasure in yourselves and live in the ‹Goblet of Truth›; live according to the truth, that is certainty in recognising reality.

The point of this sentence is to tell you that it is good to prosper, and that people should not feel bad (stir up bad feelings) about being knowledgeable and successful and wise.

Next:

quote:

5) There shall be no going into confusion and no cursing of the laws and recommendations of Creation, because such acts generate rejection from those who are connected to fairness (equitable/responsible), and therefore inequity (unfairness) contradicts the ‹Goblet of Truth›.

The word confusion means a state of someone when he/she is not clear or is not sure about something. This would often happen when a teacher explains something in a way that the students do not understand it, and then the students would become confused. This should never generate "rejection" of the confused students because of their confusion. This is a normal behavior and even Mr. Meier has an essay about it. So this sentence is absolutely false. Instead of rejecting the students, the teacher should or must explain it better, possibly with an allegory. The students would then understand what is being talked about and would not be confused anymore.

The German original says that there shall be no going into evil and crazy ways.

Cpl

Post Number: 497
Posted on Friday, September 25, 2009 - 11:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Edward and Sanjin,

"Knowledgeable" for people means "Possessing or showing knowledge; well informed; intelligent. Also aware of." (Shorter OED.)

So why not "un-knowledgeable ones" for those who do not have knowledge and may be somewhat unintelligent or slow to knowledge?

"Unknowing ones" would suggest those who just do not know or lack awareness of ...
Chris

Use to the full both your heart and your head; and never lose either.

Edward

Post Number: 1480
Posted on Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 01:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Chris....

Precisely!

Just what I mean....am aware of the Distinction.

As I mentioned: When it comes down to the point, it is HOW it is utilized in
the context of what is written(, as usual...).

Edward.

Edward

Post Number: 1481
Posted on Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 03:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Chris....

[Right Randy: best to post further...here....]

Just some simple examples. So you can understand, and whom ever.

NL: Onwettendheid heeft mij toegetreden....helaas.
DL: Unwissenheit ist in mich eingegangen...leider.
ENG: Unknowingness has entered me...alas.===> At that moment I lost/forgot/
has slipped my memory, the information. Still, Knowledgable of the information
though...but just forgot the information concerning, due to not thinking
clearly for example, which can occur. [I think many of us, here...has had such
experience/moment, so every now and than....when you KNOW(are
Knowledgable)...but just forget a detail or so. And need a - Memory Refreshing -, so to speak...]

NL: Hij is Onwettend over de feiten...helaas.
DL: Er ist Unwissen der fakten...leider.
ENG: He is Unknowledgeable of the facts...alas.===>i.e.: he knows NOTHING
of(/about) the facts; at this moment being an 'Unknowing one'. [Which is NOT
Knowing! And has (still) to accumulate a/the concerning new information to
KNOW what it is all about; the/a concerning (subject...), of course.]

Edward.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page