Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through November 14, 2009

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Translations » Archive through November 14, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Psycloud

Post Number: 86
Posted on Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 10:15 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think too much is being read into that. From a grammatical perspective you have a root word:
wissen
which is a verb, and an prefix is added, making it the opposite of wissen:
unwissen
which is still a verb. It it then Capitalized to make it a noun:
Unwissen
or "that which is 'unwissen'", which is the word in the second sentence. Adding -heit makes this word an adjective or participle, -heit also takes the meaning that something has the quality or is in a state of (whatever the base word was before it) further more the word is capitized and is clearly a noun, because neither does a noun come after it, nor were there any adjective declensions on the word. Therefore it:
Unwissenheit
would mean "that which is in a state of 'unwissen'" or "that which has a quality of 'unwissen'"

Hope that helps
Ken
I am truthful to the extend at which I know the truth.

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 123
Posted on Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 04:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Although Billy has commented on this in a recent German bulletin, it would be clarifying to explain that Wesen=wight=vegeta=vegetating existence-form in the sense of vigere, being active/thriving; an ACTIVE-LIFE-FORM (Aktiv-Lebensform), that is, a life-form partaking of the ACTIVE cosmic-electromagnetic bio-energy, as explained in the contact with Quetzal which I translated earlier.

entities = the mineral, etc, level of PASSIVE-LIFE-FORMs.

wights/vegetals = the level, including plants, men, mammals, animals, upon which there is a possibility for autonomous evolution (GENES, etc, partly why I suggested the French/Latin GENIUS before, though noted it can confuse due to its common usage). (ACTIVE-LIFE-FORMS).

This is why WIGHT matches, vegetal meaning 'wesentlich', vegete meaning 'lebendig' (vivacious). A vegetal life-form is distinct from a non-vegetal (mineral, etc) PASSIVE-life-form.

It is really quite simple. I don't understand why this word was not even brought up by Marianne, though I had mentioned it as being the best match from the English vocabulary that I know (I can guess why it wasn't).

Now that Billy has defined publically and extensively in his words what a 'Wesen' is, it is up to those who can speak German to rate if indeed VEGETAL, that is, WIGHT, for the original English term, fits.

One may freely discard those terms used for other purposes, such as 'courage' & 'dead' words such as 'unget', but I leave the definitions for those who desire to better understand/intellect these concepts and are learning German, so that they may have some reference in English for comparison:

empfinden = to spiritually sense

fühlen = to feel/sense (fine-materially)

erfühlen = to feel bodilily/tangibly/crude-materially

Gemüt = the spiritual consciousness (conscious-being) & anima of the spirit (anima as the soul/psyche); so spiritual anima (older usage of courage, now used to mean animus or bravery);

Due to the know-better-attitude of many on this forum, there is probably not much sense in involving myself in the above discourse/colloquy, but perhaps I should save y'all some time:

- Uncapitalized unwissen is not a verb; entwissen might be a synonym for the aequally illusory action of forgetting (Vergessen)

- Unwissen simply means NESCIENCE, or 'unwitledge', or 'unknowledge', or 'ignorance'.

- Wissenheit imports 'wittingness'/'knowingness', 'conscientness' (with to wit = to 'know' = to be aware of), in the sense of a personal quality moreso than 'Wissen'; it at least has acquired 'wissend' as its adjective, as if it were 'Wissendheit', but probably it is to distinguish from that word, being literally 'witledgeness'/'knowledgeness', especially the state of having witledge/knowledge (could be effectively seen as a state of potential energy, since scientia est potentia quite literally); if a word does not seem to make sense at first, I recommend thinking about its meaning and adding it to one's vocabulary.

Translations are only properly worthful to those who strive to learn and understand the German original, though. So is cultivated English only understandable to one, at this point, who knows another, simpler language, or thinks of English in a much different, more orderly and literal way than the usual (use-wise, that is).

Perusing the English vocabulary for correct, all-be-it often rare words were helpful to every human who is learning German.

Considering/contemplating these terms in their sense and effective meaning is also helpful.

I recommend the GRIMM for those who speak German or are making effort to learn.

Salome,

- Matthew

Sanjin

Post Number: 61
Posted on Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The whole point is that they should keep these words as how they are written right now in the Goblet of Truth. If they change them to the ones which they are proposing, then they need to apologize to Matthew.

Regarding the translation for Unrecht, "unjust" can not be used because unfairness is one of the major components of the word.

But I was wondering if you guys have ever seen the word "unright" being used. It is in the dictionary and it says that it is the opposite of right, but it seems to be an uncultivated word.

Also, what is the problem with using the word "wrong"?
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 124
Posted on Monday, September 28, 2009 - 03:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sanjin,

I don't know how well they know the English language yet, but basically, although often it is spoken of 'right and wrong', 'unright' is the precise opposite of 'right', while 'wrong' genuinely means 'irrig'. 'Correct' = 'richtig', 'false' = 'falsch', etc.

The old English word for 'irren' was 'to dwell', which later came to mean only 'to inhabit'. The alternate contemporaneous English word for 'irren' is 'to err'.

Salome,

- Matthew

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 125
Posted on Monday, September 28, 2009 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also, in Greek, it seems that the best translation for 'Gem�t' is 'Epithymetikon', which to the old Greek alchemists was associated with Venus (conscious-being over matter, copper, etc).

The word translates nearly exactly, too. It is probably the origin for much of the concept of 'Gem�t'.

In English, 'epithymy' can mean 'desire' or 'appetite', 'epithymetic' being the adjective, corresponding more the old German verb 'muten' (verlangen, begehren, wollen, zielen). To desire, or to desider, is very close to this idea, and so 'Gem�t' in English might well also be 'siderage', which incidentally also has the same numerical value, 30, as 'Gem�t'. This is connected with the idea of consideration (Betrachtung, contemplatio), and fits well, though is a neologism, although maybe it exists in some Latin texts.

A sidus in Latin is a constellation or a star, like the psyche-centre. To siderate is to 'trachten'.

The word 'aesthesis' could be used in English for 'Empfindung', with 'aesthetic' & 'aesthetate' (neologistic verb).

Salome,

- Matthew

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 126
Posted on Monday, September 28, 2009 - 04:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Their translation is frankly unnecessarily awkward (not in the sense of 'stuffy' or 'traditional' or 'farcically futile' or 'literary', etc, as Michael Horn accuses my method of being) in that it shuns perfectly English Latin forms, such as 'differentiation'.

Observe:

95) Dankbarkeit soll vorherrschen für die Unterscheidung von Recht und Unrecht sowie von Wahrheit und Unwahrheit, damit jeder recht geleitet sein möge.

95) Thankfulness/gratitude shall predominate/prevail for the differentiation of rectitude/right (normality in the original sense, other possibilities exist, too) & unright/unrectitude as well as of truth/verity & untruth/unverity.

'Justice' is properly 'Gerechtigkeit', not 'Recht', and 'Gericht' is 'jury' in the original sense, or 'jus' in Latin, 'court of law' in modern English, etc. To be just is to be even, normal, perpendicular, level, thus rectified, and gerechtig metaphorically. One might re-word 'just' as 'rectific' or 'rectified', corresponding the concept of the rectification of a court of law, which is also associated with it. Thus just = gerecht, justice = Gerechtigkeit, jury, court of law, rectifiance, justifiance = Gericht. Another word for justice is 'righteousness'.

A note to Billy & Marianne: Latin forms are completely assimilated into English, and the noun-forms of verbs corresponding '-en' in German, such as 'Sprechen', are most often represented by '-ing', such as 'speaking', in English. This makes -ment and -tion the closest aequivalents to -ung in most cases, even though this is not always the case. To shun Latin forms in English is as absurd as shunning Celtic words in French. The Latin/French and Anglo-Saxon/German (plus the Danish) are merged into a single new language in English, and both of those main sources (or all three of them if Danish is counted as separate) are now unseparably bound. English shall thus make free use of the roots from these languages which are used today; that is, if a German or Latin form is used at all in English, it dare get recombined with Latin or German word-parts respectively without care for which language they originated from. This is already common practise, but should be universally acceptable (e.g. 'talkative', 'bereavement', etc).

Salome,

- Matthew

Schantz

Post Number: 91
Posted on Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

New translations from the source below.

http://clemmm.googlepages.com/

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 127
Posted on Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Note:

'for differentiating' = zum Unterscheiden

for the differentiation = für die Unterscheidung

'For' has in some contexts in English the same meaning as 'zu' in German.

I am not taking the position of the 'Besserwisser', but simply constructively criticizing for the sake, mostly, of the understanding/intelligence of specifically those who will learn German and will to understand it well, and for sake of making possible a better English standard.

I would appreciate no more 3rd party commentary and distortion of my statements, too.

One must be sceptical of the seriousness of those who would use worthless slang but condemn High English as a farce.

It may also be mentioned that Michael Jackson was a serious occultist who even practised Enochian Magick. He was very mild-natured, the ISFP type (Princess of Cups in the Tarot), but was probably severely programmed and abused.

Salome,

- Matthew

Edward

Post Number: 1482
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 01:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All....

Just error corrections on what I previously posted, concerning:

NL: Onwettendheid heeft mij toegetreden....helaas.

NL: Hij is Onwettend over de feiten...helaas.

'Onwetendheid and Onwetend' should be written only with ONE 't'.

Very good example of myself: Memory...Refreshing...:-)

Edward.

Markcampbell

Post Number: 250
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 01:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks , Schantz . Upon reading these new translations again separate from the book , I understand them better .

Mark

Earthling

Post Number: 294
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

btw, in Contact 182, some fascinating converstation btw Billy & Quetzal, regarding past lives, present lives, evolution, etc

translation not complete yet

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=386805075&blogId=512155354

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 128
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 01:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Edward,

Like I said, 'Unwissendheit'/Onwetendheid does not seem to be properly synonymous with 'Unwissenheit'.

Salome,

- Matthew

Sanjin

Post Number: 62
Posted on Saturday, October 03, 2009 - 03:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Matthew. You certainly do have an exceptional grasp of English vocabulary. Maybe if you just balance it out a little bit, you'd gain a better acceptance.

If anyone is interested, I spend some good time improving the "Meditation from Clear Sight" excerpt and posted it on the Futureofmakind site.

The original emphasized too much on the "I", which is not expressed in the original German, and might develop on overbearing ego if used too much. Also, all the words were checked to make sure that they are the appropriate words, and sometimes an alternative word is presented in parentheses if it suits you better.

Here is the link:

www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Meditation_from_Clear_Sight_(Alternative)

Feel free to leave a comment if you notice an error, have suggestions for improvement, etc.
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Sanjin

Post Number: 65
Posted on Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The translation for the Arahat Athersata is completed on the Futureofmankind wiki.

Again feel free to leave any comments or suggestions for improvements. If there is something you feel that is not translated properly or can be improved, instead of just correcting it, help me understand what the issue is. There is a talk tab for every page, so you can comment on anything if have an account.

Thanks.

Earthling

Post Number: 305
Posted on Monday, October 26, 2009 - 08:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=386805075&blogId=515650278

Contact 191 ... pretty fascinating .. have a look

Mgilbo1

Post Number: 96
Posted on Monday, October 26, 2009 - 11:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for posting Earthling... Great stuff.
Mark Gilbo

Earthling

Post Number: 308
Posted on Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 09:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://us.figu.org/portal/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=DQ20zUFGvSg%3d&tabid=37&mid=415

for those who haven't seen this yet .. a fascinating look from Billy and Ptaah at the history/folklore/legend of King Arthur & Merlin the Druid

(Message edited by marc on November 05, 2009)

Smukhuti

Post Number: 77
Posted on Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 09:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Earthling,

Thanks for bringing to notice this Intriguing information.

Is notable that the translation puts it this way:
"He was also a bard, a doctor, a teacher, a prophet, a historian and ultimately the king and prince of druids of the Demetier tribe from South Wales."

It looks like Merlin had prophetic ability who erred from his righteous ways and misused his skills.

Here's additional but interesting information on Myrddin Wyllt:
http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/celtic/ctexts/myrddin.html

Marc

Post Number: 201
Posted on Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Earthling, there was a double "http://" in the link you gave, so I corrected it.

Regards,
Marc

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 129
Posted on Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 09:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sanjin,

I began simply trying to translate into modern English with a mostly common vocabulary, cognised that that was impossible, moved on literally attempting in cognate words to give an idea of what the German actually said (in order to encourage learning German to read the original), then moved to producing High English forms with the tendency to convey more of the original meaning with less change of the English vocabulary-base.

In that last phase ('High English'), which has actually been going on for nearly a year despite what Michael implied earlier (that it was something new, which it was not), I have indeed increasingly been able to transmit more of the original sense and meaning with less overall change of English vocabulary.

I have disinterested myself in the preparation of other translations because I feel that English can be let free of some of its illogical bonds and thus allowed to grow more productively. All languages do have a formative development which congrues with natural law, which, if cultivated, literally weeded out and worked consciously upon, gives loving, reverent potential to the growing language; but the intervention of diseeased human intellects, human ego weeded over owing to unindustry, left hemispheres booby-trapped with emotional mines, etc.

However, one must learn a language which was already properly cultivated in order to grasp fully what do to with the English language and all others which suffer from ego-itis (the disease of flattery, political correctness, rewording to suit expectations and beliefs, etc). So LEARN GERMAN, reguardless what one will believe or opine about English.

Salome,

- Matthew

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 130
Posted on Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 09:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just keep in mind, all, that upon observation it is a fact that the USA is a psychically, feeling-wise and subjectivity-over-objectivity-wise dictatorship. So is most of the 'Americanized' world to a lesser degree. Instead of a gun pointed at your head, you have a falsified language, culture, programmed desires, beliefs, emotions of all kinds, etc, IN your head.

Salome,

- Matthew

Earthling

Post Number: 314
Posted on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would just like to give the young man who works so hard translating the contact reports from German to English my sincere thanks for his honest efforts.

http://www.myspace.com/billymeiercontactreports

I don't care if he makes an unintended mistake here or there. The quality and speed of his work is unmatched and until it is matched, I suggest his detractors put up or shut up.

Smukhuti

Post Number: 89
Posted on Saturday, November 14, 2009 - 09:08 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Earthling,

I agree that Benjamin has been making a very good effort in making the translation the way he does and his promptness. I always check out his myspace site and eagerly look forward to his continued work in this respect.

I noticed recently Sanjin had an e-mail exchange with Benjamin regarding his (Benjamin's) translation effort and the errors they may contain. Sanjin approached Benjamin in a polite manner, but unfortunately his well intended suggestion (good or bad whatever) was replied by Benjamin with a defense of his methodology and the same was posted in the blog...I mean I do not understand why not Benjamin and Sanjin co-operate with each other to produce lightening fast translations? They are both well intentioned in spreading the contact notes to English speaking world in their own personal way.

Benjamin can continue his translation, the way he does which is much quicker than any other method, while the draft translation can further be reviewed by Sanjin. This would save Sanjin some of his effort. It is always good to get a computer translated contact note reviewed by a German knowing person.

Some trivial errors would be there - a translation can only be perfect up to the point the translation language is perfect and we know that English has limitations compared to Deutsch. Remember that the Plejarens tried to put their computers and their language expert in translating some of Bill'y work, but the result was not satisfactory that they abandoned the endeavour.

Sanjin,

If you are reading this - whats your take on this idea?

Salome

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page