Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through March 05, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Translations » Archive through March 05, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Earthling

Post Number: 389
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2010 - 06:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To any and all, I don't know much about this Kal K. Korff dude, Israeli Special Secret Service - yeah, whatever ... {sure, exactly what the Mossad does - outs their agents and themselves}

My question is: he seems like such an obvious clueless clown, trying too hard to be important and intimidating; why waste so much time & space on him? Any focus on him almost gives him validity; iow, no such thing as bad press, as far as he's concerned. Why not just ignore him?

Indi

Post Number: 406
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2010 - 07:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back to translations please

Robyn

Thomas

Post Number: 838
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2010 - 11:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The German word that I translated as "book leaves" is "Buchblätter." I was under the impression that "Buchseiten" would be translated as "book pages," but not "Buchblätter."

Hi Ben, as you know I am no expert on german but in french the word "feuille" means leaf or page and I was thinking that maybe the same thing occurs in german. You might be right however :-)

Maybe an actual german expert could chime in?!? :-D
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Getknowledge

Post Number: 119
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 01:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

im sorry, Benjamin. Its contact 218 line 107. i must have scrolled up to high, on the page with all the blog entries, landed on 233, but typed in 223. Dont know why i got rid of the 1 and switched the 7 and 0. No wonder i failed Accounting.

i got this from the Billy Meier Contact Report MySpace (i assume it is your page).

107. Through deodorants and other sweat-stopping means, as you call them, the sweat also develops a very strong protection against antibiotics, and these are equally destroyed by too frequent washings.

Your version say sweat, an antibiotic, protects against antibiotics. (?)

Robyn and my version (mostly Robyn's) - 107. The sweat produces a very strong antibiotic protection, that through deodorants and other antiperspirants as you call them, is destroyed, also by too frequent washing.

Dyson's version - 107. Sweat develops, therefore, a very strong protection, of an antibiotic nature, which, however, is just as much destroyed by deodorants and other antiperspirants, as you call them, as by too frequent washing.

Both of the revised versions convey the same meaning, it depend if you prefer flow or accuracy.
Tien

Bennyray37

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 05:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Getknowledge,

I do remember having some difficulty in translating that sentence. Thanks for pointing it out. I replaced mine with Dyson's version.

Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Indi

Post Number: 407
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 06:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

re Buchblätter:

Das Buch can also mean paper, pages etc...

Blätter can mean leaves, but also sheets of paper, from

Blatt {n} [Papier]
sheet [of paper].

So, maybe in this instance, in the context of the translation, you could use 'page sheets' or even sheets of paper or paper sheets.

7. Actually, I was just about to call you when I saw the book leaves (page sheets) of the Talmud Jmmanuel on your desk and was astonished to find out that you corrected the entire script.

However, 'book leaves' makes sense as well. Billy of course uses sheets of paper for his writing, before they are pages in a book.

I guess someone who knows will eventually say.

Robyn

Bennyray37

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 07:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay. Here is another one that I want others to look at, in order to make sure that I have it translated properly. The following is my translation and its German counterpart of a section found in the 238th Contact Report, which is the one I’m presently working on:

Billy:
Your words refer to the prophecy that says: “Then many will succumb to the temptation, and they will betray and hate one another because they remained small in consciousness.”

Ptaah:
479. My speech is of that and of that which is recorded as a prophecy in the Talmud Jmmanuel.
480. “Very many won’t resist the hostility and will succumb to it, so they will fall away from the truth and begin to work against this.”

Billy:
Du beziehst deine Worte auf die Prophezeiung, die sagt: «Dann werden viele der Anfechtung erliegen und werden sich untereinander verraten und werden sich untereinander hassen, weil sie im Bewusstsein doch klein geblieben sind.»

Ptaah:
479. Davon ist meine Rede und von dem, was als Prophezeiung im Talmud Jmmanuel aufgezeichnet ist.
480. «Sehr viele werden den Anfeindungen nicht widerstehn und ihnen unterliegen, so sie von der Wahrheit abfallen und wider diese zu arbeiten beginnen.»

Here’s the dilemma:
The prophecy that Meier states is definitely found in the Talmud of Jmmanuel (TJ 25:15). The way that I presently have Ptaah’s line #479 makes it seem that Ptaah thought that Meier’s prophecy wasn’t in the Talmud Jmmanuel but that Ptaah’s prophecy that he quotes next is. Nevertheless, I cannot find anything in the TJ that comes close to Ptaah’s prophecy of line #480. Can anyone else find Ptaah's prophecy of line #480 in the TJ?

--
Benjamin Stevens

Thomas

Post Number: 840
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ben, this might not be the answer but remember that the Talmud Jmmanuel of the Plejaren is likely the actual word for word version spoken by Jmmanuel whereas the version by BEAM is a translation into German, then correction by Isa Rashid and BEAM respectively. This being the case, the quotes might not need to be the same in order to both be correct since the prophecy referred to can be worded any number of ways and still carry the exact same meaning. There might be a different explanation though I offer this as one possibility.
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Smukhuti

Post Number: 245
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 09:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least it is nowhere to be found in the fourth edition which I have. Still searching though.
Which edition was in circulation during this contact in 1991?
Salome.
Suv

Bennyray37

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Thomas,

Well, assuming that my translation is correct and that Ptaah was referring to a prophecy contained in the Talmud Jmmanuel and that such a prophecy is not found in the German version of the TJ that we have today, another thought that crossed my mind is that Ptaah could have been referring to the full version of the Talmud of Jmmanuel and not the one that is presently on Earth today. Thus, it could be a prophecy that was contained in one of the many chapters of the TJ that were said to have been destroyed and which are not available for our examination.

Of course, as this is the Translation topic forum, I don’t want to arouse too much debate on this. I just want to make sure that others can verify that Ptaah did, indeed, say in German what I have him saying in English.

Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Sanjin

Post Number: 115
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 07:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Benjamin.

Well, I looked through a major part of the TJ and could not find that quote. It's probably a good question to ask Billy on the next round.

The translation is very close. Just the tense is off on the second part of the sentence:

"...,so they are falling away from the truth and begin to work against it." But the basic meaning is the same.

Also, I'd like to point out that there is no English equivalent to the word "Anfechtung" from the first quote.

Just my three cents...
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Indi

Post Number: 409
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 08:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sanjin, could you please explain your comment re 'Anfechtung' having no English equivalent?

I don't quite understand why you would say that, as the TJ and all the dictionaries have English meanings.

Robyn

Sanjin

Post Number: 116
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 09:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As far as I understand it, Anfechtung refers to not acknowledging something that is right and arguing about it. Disputing or arguing about the validity of something is also what it means.

The word is used in several contexts, and depending on context one has to select the proper word. For example, Anfechtung can be used in law cases, as in filing an appeal. But the meaning in the context from the TJ quote is different.

In the GoT [2:193] it refers to this issue:

193)Do not quarrel amongst yourselves about the real truth, because the truth is given by the laws of the power of origination (Creation) and is unchangeable; ...

It basically tells us not to do Anfechtung against the truth. For the quote from the TJ, the closet words I can find are dissension or disputation.

“Then many will succumb to disputation, and they will betray and hate one another because they remained small in consciousness.”

As you can probably tell, it also fits much better with the context of human relations, whereby temptation is a different story. Temptation has a one-to-one correspondence with Versuchung.
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Bennyray37

Post Number: 20
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 04:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Sanjin,

Thanks for the input. I changed the tense of the statement on my site.

As far as the first quote goes, once I discovered that it could be found in the TJ, I simply copied and pasted FIGU’s translation of it from the 3rd Edition of the Talmud Jmmanuel, since it is easily accessible online as I’m sure many already know. I didn’t check to see if they changed it in the Fourth Edition, though. I usually try to quote FIGU’s officially approved translations whenever possible, so that every English-speaking person is looking at the same thing and is looking at what FIGU wants them to look at (except for the times when I translated sections of Contact Reports without knowing that FIGU-approved translations already existed. :-/ )

Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Bennyray37

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 01:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Sanjin,

I looked a little further into the word “Anfechtung.” Google Translator has “contesting,” “disputing,” and “temptation” as possible translations, depending on the context in which it is found. Considering verse 14 that comes before the quote in question, I think I know why FIGU chose the word “temptation” as the English translation in this case.

Verse 14 reads:

“Various religious cults will rise up against one another, and much blood will flow.”

This is then immediately followed by:

“Then many will succumb to the temptation, and they WILL BETRAY and hate one another…”

The prophecy mentions that various cults will rise up against one another. As I know cults, cults likely try to convert people to themselves, which necessitates that the cults cause people to leave whatever faith or world-view that they previously belonged to, before killing those who won’t convert. So in the context above, it seems that “Anfechtung” refers to the acts of the cults in trying to get people to follow them. Once the people decide to follow them, they then betray those to whom they formerly belonged and, thus, side with the cult. To me, “temptation” would do a good job of describing this act of the cult, in that they “tempt” people to follow them and, upon success, the people will then betray those to whom they formerly belonged. However, trying to make “disputing” or “disputation” fit isn’t as easy for me. If I consider someone “succumbing to a dispute,” I don’t necessarily conclude that they side with the person with whom they were disputing. It could be that the dispute simply gets to them and brings them down or something similar. But I was curious to know how you look at it and, thus, why you would choose “disputation” over “temptation.”

Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1025
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 04:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Bruce, (et al)

On February 28th you asked, "Dyson ... since 3 1/2 years have elapsed since the date of the 433rd contact, do you know if the riddle of the source of the disappearance and alteration of material objects, at the center, has been solved?"
http://forum.figu.org/cgi-bin/us/discus.cgi?pg=next&topic=12&page=10904

I promised to try to find out some more, and get back to you.

I asked Mariann. She replied, "Soviel ich weiss, konnte der Ursprung dieser Energie und Kraft nicht eruiert werden. Im "Gotteswahn" hat sie auch gewirkt. Bernadette schrieb darüber vor ihrem Nachwort. Das fertige Werk wurde auch beeinträchtigt." 

(As far as I know, the source of this energy and power still cannot be identified. It (this energy and power) was also at work in (the book) "Gotteswahn" ("God Delusion"). Bernadette wrote about it in her postscript. The finished work was also damaged.)

The Earth's magnetic field doesn't do this.

But please feel free to believe that it does if that makes you feel better.

Salome,
Dyson

Bennyray37

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 08:25 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

Here’s that word again, now seen in the 248th Contact Report, which I first saw when translating the 134th Contact Report over a year ago. This time, I want to make sure that others can verify that it is translated right or else see if someone else can give a better translation.

The German word is “Schlitzohr,” and this time, I’ve decided to translate it as “sly dog,” since I don’t think that a literal translation makes any sense. Any other suggestions?

Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Indi

Post Number: 412
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 08:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ben
Which word you choose depends on the context. If you could show the sentence or whatever is needed to give the context would help -- the German included.
There are a few choices.

Robyn

Markcampbell

Post Number: 405
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Benjamin ,

“Schlitzohr” translates to 'Rogue' , and it implies a somewhat honorable status , that one is able to negotiate through social situations easily . It was used in describing both Mohammed and Jmmanuel .

Mark

Sanjin

Post Number: 117
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 09:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A search through the Goblet of Truth showed that Anfechtung is used in one sentence: 2:354.

354)Now, those who drink out of the river of untruth are deepening themselves in (in bondage to) the lie, but those who drink from the wellspring of truth promise to lead their present existence in righteousness (conscientiousness) and equitableness (fairness); and the righteous ones (conscientious ones) and the equitable ones (fair ones/responsible ones) and all those who have knowledge of the truth have great power against all Anfechtungen by the unknowing and inequitable ones (unfair ones/irresponsible ones), because they know with certainty that they will lead a joyful and a good life through the truth; and therefore the knowing ones in the truth as a small group will achieve victory over all large groups of the inequitable ones (unfair ones/irresponsible ones) and the unknowing ones in the peaceful struggle for the real truth, because the prosperousness of the truth is on the side of the stalwarts.

Instead of the translated word I have kept the original word Anfechtung, to emphasize the usage of the word. In this case it was translated as attack.

I think that the meaning in the translated TJ quote is slightly altered, also because of the switched punctuation and because of the additional "they" after the comma.

The original expresses that many will:

-succumb to Anfechtung
-betray each other
-hate each other

...because they remained small in consciousness. They way it is split up in the translation implies that only the last two are the result of unknowing. Maybe I'm just concentrating too much on making it "exactly exact", but I am also eager to see the context of that quote in the 238th contact.

On the Schlitzohr issue, rogue means:

1 : vagrant, tramp
2 : a dishonest or worthless person : scoundrel
3 : a mischievous person : scamp
4 : a horse inclined to shirk or misbehave
5 : an individual exhibiting a chance and usually inferior biological variation

Schlitzohr means:

Schlitzohr das; gespr; jemand, der schlau und listig ist

-someone who is sly and clever

Schlitzohr das <schlitzohres,> (umg.) jmd., der schlau und listig seine Ziele verfolgt

-someone who is sly and cleverly goes after his goals.

The river of untruth tends to stream into and mix with the wellspring of truth, so make sure to always filter the water with reason. Sly dog is the best I could find as well.

Bennyray37

Post Number: 23
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 05:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

Thanks, Sanjin, for the input. I've posted the German version of Contact 238 here, if you want to look at it:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=471477691&blogId=530163534

Also, for Robyn, here’s the context in which “Schlitzohr” is found:

Billy:
Thus, the next question. Actually, I wanted to ask Quetzal about this, but in want of the fact that he is not present now, which I had expected, I now ask you in your visit, for maybe you can give me information: almost two years ago, I lost my revolver belt, before I then finally found it in a plastic bag, hidden in my office and, indeed, in porch furniture. The belt was completely rotten and full of grayish white mold, just as though it had been used somewhere, where a leather-destructive atmosphere prevailed. Do you, perhaps, know something about this? Did Quetzal, perhaps, mess around with it?

Ptaah:
45. The belt wasn’t at its usual place?

Billy:
No, it wasn’t, for otherwise, I wouldn’t have searched for it for two years.

Ptaah:
46. An unfortunate thing, because the belt shouldn’t be damaged and also should have been at its original place.

Billy:
So then, Quetzal isn’t the sly dog [Schlitzohr] but rather you?

Ptaah:
47. Both of us – Quetzal and I.

Billy:
Oh no, you’re a nice pack of crooks to me. Aren't you ashamed, then, in your old age?

Ptaah:
48. We certainly didn’t want to sadden you, and we also didn’t want to cause you any harm.
49. We figured that you would understand us and that you’d even have your fun with it.

Billy:
Also die nächste Frage. Eigentlich wollte ich ja Quetzal danach fragen, aber in Ermangelung dessen, dass er nun doch nicht anwesend ist, was ich bei diesem, deinem Besuch erhofft hatte, frage ich nun dich, denn vielleicht kannst du mir Auskunft geben: Beinahe zwei Jahre lange vermisste ich meinen Revolvergurt, ehe ich ihn dann letztendlich in einem Plastiksack fand, versteckt in meinem Büro, und zwar in einem Möbelvorbau. Der Gurt war völlig vergammelt und voller grauweissem Schimmel, gerade so, wie wenn er irgendwo gebraucht worden wäre, wo eine lederzerstörende Atmosphäre geherrscht hat. Weisst du vielleicht etwas darüber? Hat vielleicht Quetzal damit herumfunktioniert?

Ptaah:
45. Der Gurt war nicht an seinem gewohnten Ort?

Billy:
Nein, war er nicht, denn sonst hätte ich ihn nicht zwei Jahre lang gesucht.

Ptaah:
46. Eine leidige Sache, denn der Gurt sollte nicht beschädigt werden und auch wieder an seinem ge&#8232;wohnten Orte sein.

Billy:
So, so, dann ist also nicht Quetzal das Schlitzohr, sondern du?

Ptaah:
47. Wir beide - Quetzal und ich.

Billy:
Ach nein, ihr seid mir ein schönes Gaunerpack. Schämst du dich denn nicht in deinen alten Tagen?

Ptaah:
48. Wir wollten dich bestimmt nicht betrüben, und Schaden wollten wir dir auch nicht zufügen.
49. Wir rechneten damit, dass du uns verstehen würdest und selbst auch deinen Spass daran hättest.

Also, while we're at it, it would be good for others to verify if I have "Möbelvorbau" translated correctly as "porch furniture," which is why I have them in bold above. It seems strange to me that Meier would have porch furniture in his office, which is why I think it might be translated incorrectly, but it was the only thing I could find online.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Elba

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Everyone !! This is my first posting .. I want to start saying thank you to all members that make posible the translation to English .. from the german Billy's writings!!. I figure it's a huge task trying to find out the right word/meaning .I want to say special thank you too for the translations in spanish.
My favorito Desiderata -
Hugs (It's a warm way to say bye in my culture)

Elba

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry , I have a question, Why the german language have many capital letters in a same sentence ?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page