Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through June 05, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Translations » Archive through June 05, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Norm

Post Number: 1365
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Billy answered my question about Thule.

"Norm

The Thule society's relationship with Giza. Was there face to face meetings between the two groups?

Billy's answer.

"Yes."

My Website

Bianca

Post Number: 80
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 05:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone have a clear knowledge as to why the Giza and the Thule society helped Hitler rise to power and then deliberately try to eliminate the jewish people?

Bennyray37

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I need others to look at this beast of a sentence and tell me if I have it translated correctly. This one has given me quite a headache and I’m still not sure if I have it right. If one needs the further surrounding context, check out the German Contact Reports blog.

Thanks in advance.

From the 216th Contact, Quetzal’s 251st sentence:

251. Wenn nicht die amerikanische Bevölkerung den nach Tod, Rache und Verderben Schreienden dann zur Räson bringt und sich die Weltbevölkerung sowie die Regierungen der irdischen Staaten nicht eines Besseren besinnen und nichts gegen all den ausbrechenden und dann auch noch weiterhin drohenden Wahnsinn unternimmt und allem ein Ende bereitet, um die verrückten Machthaber zu stoppen und um damit alles zum Besseren zu wenden, dann steht im kommenden neuen Jahrtausend sehr Übles, Böses, Zerstörendes und Vernichtendes bevor.

Here’s what I’ve come up with:

251. If the American population doesn’t bring the shouting for death, vengeance, and destruction to reason at that time, and if the world population as well as the governments of the earthly nations don’t deliberate themselves to the better and don’t undertake anything against all that breaks out and against the further threatening insanity and don’t put an end to everything, in order to stop the crazy rulers and, through this, turn everything to the better, then a lot of evil, harm, destruction, and annihilation is coming in the new millennium.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Sitkaa

Post Number: 271
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2010 - 01:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In what language are the universal laws best conveyed? Do we have access to that language?

The language that best conveys the universal laws is the language of love.
Love is always the way

Sitkaa

Post Number: 272
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2010 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I apologize, I may not have been perfectly clear. This a question of what language to spend my time learning.
Love is always the way

Markcampbell

Post Number: 481
Posted on Friday, May 07, 2010 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is my correction of some of the artifacts that occured in Benjamin's posting . Can someone else correct the German artifacts ? I wasn't sure what letters were missing exactly .
Thanks , Mark

I need others to look at this beast of a sentence and tell me if I have it translated correctly. This one has given me quite a headache and I'm still not sure if I have it right. If one needs the further surrounding context, check out the German Contact Reports blog.

Thanks in advance. ( Benjamin)

From the 216th Contact, Quetzal's 251st sentence:

251. Wenn nicht die amerikanische Bevolkerung den nach Tod, Rache und Verderben Schreienden dann zur Räson
bringt und sich die Weltbevolkerung sowie die Regierungen der irdischen Staaten nicht eines Besseren besinnen und nichts gegen all den ausbrechenden und dann auch noch weiterhin drohenden Wahnsinn unternimmt und allem ein Ende bereitet, um die verrückten
Machthaber zu stoppen und um damit alles zum Besseren zu wenden, dann steht im kommenden neuen Jahrtausend sehr
Übles, Böses,
Zerstorendes und Vernichtendes bevor.

Here's what I've come up with:

251. If the American population doesn't bring the shouting for death, vengeance, and destruction to reason at that time, and if the world population as well as the governments of the earthly nations don't deliberate themselves to the better and don't undertake anything against all that breaks out and against the further threatening insanity and don't put an end to everything, in order to stop the crazy rulers and, through this, turn everything to the better, then a lot of evil, harm, destruction, and annihilation is coming in the new millennium.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Thomas

Post Number: 966
Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2010 - 04:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Future of Mankind Wiki:

I would like to know if it would be possible to start a section either there on the wiki or here in the forum for nothing but strictly publicly available snippets of the actual Spirit Lessons from BEAM. No comments or exposition, just the snippets. To be more clear, in many of BEAM's books and other shorter writings, there are clear excerpts from the Spirit Lessons. Since it is forbidden to share the actual lessons themselves as I understand, I was wondering if it would be acceptable to gather the authorized excerpts which ARE in public in one place with exact page numbers and Lesson numbers. For example, in "Meditation from Clear View/Sight" there are several citations from the Spirit Lessons with Lesson Number and page number included. This is also the case in other FIGU books from BEAM and others, as well as in some of the shorter FIGU offerings such as the Wissenswertes publications. There is a treasure of information available and this would be a big help for those who do not master the German language yet. In addition the snippets tend to stand alone as far as being understandable without reading the entire lesson (although that is definitely preferred).

I would offer also that only translations including the original German side by side with the English translation should be allowed and that the source be clearly noted (meaning the book or publication in which the snippet was found).

I have many of these located and those of us who are not completely without capacity to translate could pitch in. I am no expert but I would gladly supply a starting batch of these myself and those more expert in translating from German to English could clean up any mistakes they find since the German would be right there with my attempts at translation :-)

Anybody from Future of Mankind or the forum moderators care to comment? Especially welcome would be the advice of Christian or any other FIGU core group members who might have an opinion!
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Borthwey

Post Number: 185
Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2010 - 03:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Benjamin, you have left “Quetzal 100-106” out of the translation of contact 216 (by lapse I imagine).

David
I am a terrestrial

Borthwey

Post Number: 186
Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 08:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A beast indeed! I would liken it to a giant octopus.

Here is my version (loosely based on Benjamin's):

251. If the American population then doesn’t bring the shouting for death, vengeance, and destruction to reason, and the population of the entire world as well as the governments of the earthly nations don’t recollect themselves, and don’t undertake anything against all that will be breaking out and against the still threatening insanity, so that everything can be put to an end and the madness of the ones in charge be stopped and through this, everything be turned to the better, then a lot of evil, harm, destruction, and annihilation is coming in the new millennium.

251. Wenn nicht die amerikanische Bevölkerung den nach Tod, Rache und Verderben Schreienden dann zur Räson bringt und sich die Weltbevölkerung sowie die Regierungen der irdischen Staaten nicht eines Besseren besinnen und nichts gegen all den ausbrechenden und dann auch noch weiterhin drohenden Wahnsinn unternimmt und allem ein Ende bereitet, um die verrückten Machthaber zu stoppen und um damit alles zum Besseren zu wenden, dann steht im kommenden neuen Jahrtausend sehr Übles, Böses, Zerstörendes und Vernichtendes bevor.

David
I am a terrestrial

Bennyray37

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, May 10, 2010 - 03:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like your translation a lot, David. Thanks.

I'm going to go with it, unless I learn otherwise.

Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

PS- Does anyone know a fail-safe method for posting German characters on this blog so that they appear properly in all browsers? I've been trying to copy and paste from certain programs, and it always appears right on the browser of my computer at work but not always on my home computer.

Thomas

Post Number: 1017
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 06:17 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

An official FIGU question about translation of a particular phrase in one of Guido Moosbrugger's charts in "Existing Life in the Universe":

In the chart there are several terms which are easy enough to transliterate but not so easy to translate. They are:
Selbst-Idee
Selbst-Impuls
Selbst-Kreation
Selbst-Existenzwerdung
Selbst-Existenz

I interpret these to mean:
Self generated idea
Self generated impulse
Self creation
Self birth
Self existence

If anyone, either a FIGU Core Group member or anyone having a very strong understanding of both German language and the FIGU official material, could lend a hand, I am trying to convert several of Guido's explanatory charts to an English form for us to all discuss.

Thanks in advance!

Schantz

Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations to Benjamin Stevens for receiving official permission from BEAM and FIGU to translate the contact reports.

http://www.myspace.com/billymeiercontactreports

Ramirez

Post Number: 479
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 03:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Second that. Superb effort. Thanks Benjamin :-)
Cheers.

Smukhuti

Post Number: 380
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 08:01 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

**********CONGRATULATIONS Benjamin**************

I am really pleased that FIGU have decided to supply you with pdf's thereby reducing your expense and your effort.

1 question - from hereon, your translation would be regarded as "Official" or "Authorized" or "Official Authorized"?

Salome.
Suv

Smukhuti

Post Number: 381
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Benjamin, Rod,

Following up on your discussion, I think it would be great if FIGU USA agree to accept donations for paying professional translators.
I have seen (like for example) charity sites which posts a chart on their homepage depicting target donation of $5000 for a task against current collection of $250 and names of the top 2 contributors. Such charts could serve a constant reminder for FIGU of the "where we are" situation and also remind potential contributors of the "what FIGU needs" situation and could allows big contributors to plan/save for a donation. Payments can be accepted through PayPal.
Salome.
Suv

Calenwath

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations Benjamin! I hope to learn German myself one day to somehow contribute in such a way! Another translator will be a great help of this I am positive!

Salome

Shane

Sanjin

Post Number: 145
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 08:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kudos, buddy.
Love makes the world go round.

Bennyray37

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words.

To answer Smukhuti's question, I am "authorized" to make translations, but my translations are not "official" translations. FIGU USA would have to correct my translations and have the results be approved in order for "official" translations to be made.

As for my current question: does anyone know how to translate this sentence into English?

Vielleicht werden mir deshalb die irdischen Wissenschaftler an den Karren fahren und mich als Laien in Grund und Boden beschimpfen, aber ich nenne die Biester jetzt einfach einmal so.

It is a statement from Meier that appears before Quetzal's 71st sentence in the 221st Contact Report. Right now, I don't have anything for Meier's first phrase, which seems to be an idiom that doesn't have an English equivalent, so I just have it as:

Perhaps the earthly scientists will insult me as a layman in the land, but I now name the beasts just like that.

Thanks and Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Indi

Post Number: 491
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 12:15 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ben, this might help:

an den Karren fahren = zu nahe treten, jmdn. grob beleidigen = to offend, insult; grossly insulted.

in Grund und Boden = outright, totally, completely, absolutely, utterly, thoroughly

here is one possibilty:

Perhaps I insult the earth scientists as an outright-absolute layman, but for now, I name the animals this way.

Robyn

Bennyray37

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 06:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Robyn,

Are you sure that Meier is the one insulting the Earth scientists, or is it the other way around?

I managed to find a German to English Dictionary of Idioms online. Based on what it gave me, here is what I now have for the sentence:

Perhaps the earthly scientists will call me all names under the Sun and insult me into the ground as a layman, but I now simply name the beasts in such a way.

Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Indi

Post Number: 492
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you are probably right Ben.

Marcela

Post Number: 211
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ben:

Let me ask a friend of mine; he speaks german and english and he knows idioms too. I think it would be a good idea if you could talk to each other directly, for he is a translator for figu in french. I don't know how much time he has, but could help with a few sentences.

Salome

Marcela

Post Number: 213
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Benjamin:

I went and ask my friend and he agrees with your translation.

You can also translate it like this:

"Perhaps the earth scientists will come down hard on me and will badly/hardly/ insult/curse at/ me as a lay person/novice (opposite of expert), but i just name/refer to/state/ the beasts like this."

He told me that "I just name the beasts like this" one can also write " i just name the beasts like that" because Billy has no other term for the "beasts" or does not have the term used by the scientists.

In fact he is worried that the scientists will insult him because he uses a different term than the scientists themselves.

"mir an den Karren fahren" is an idiom or metaphor which means "to crush with their car in mine" or "they will argue against my saying or idea" ect.

My friend (authorized figu translator) told me that you can contact him for this idiom frases and difficult sentences, just let me know

Salome, Marcela

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page