Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through October 15, 2007

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Mission related documentaries, presentations and interviews » Archive through October 15, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Melli

Post Number: 284
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 04:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I cannot remember where exactly is the info about this year (I think in AYTF book) but as far as I recall it has to do with the full effect being felt of the Age of Aquarius. There is a well of information in this book.

Scott

Post Number: 1248
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 09:06 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the year 2029 based on the Christian Calendar, or is it different as Der Beobachter mentioned this is really 2013 and not 2007. Which would mean 2029 is 16 years away and not 22 years away??

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 94
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, that's right, Melli, the full beginning of the Aquarian Age will be on February 3, 2029. It is fully explained, Dave, in APPENDIX A of Guido's, "And Still They Fly". Right now, we are in the transitional period. As he puts it, the high frequency and spiritually energetic vibration of the centrul sun will flood the earth and all evil forces will have to change their ways if they want to survive.

Vestri

Post Number: 131
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 03:38 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know when the new Meier UFO documentary would roughly be out?

Sirashwin

Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Vestri are you referring to the one being made by Michael Horn?

Salome
ashwin

Markc

Post Number: 537
Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Vestri ;

It will be finished in about a month , but as to how soon it will be ready to ship , will be known very soon , I'm sure .

Mark
Mark Campbell

Vestri

Post Number: 132
Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 02:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks very much Mark! I eagerly look forward to getting it then, and when I do, I also intend to get the other Meier merchendise there that I haven't got yet, which is The Talmud, The Silent Revolution of Truth, and maybe also the MESSAGE FROM THE PLEIADES Vol. 1 & 2.

btw can someone give me some info on what the MESSAGE FROM THE PLEIADES Vol. 1 & 2 DVD is all about. What do both Discs actually contain, and how much info is on them too. Also is the info on the discs similar or the same as what is posted at this site - http://www.gaiaguys.net/ContactPleiades.htm
and are they worth getting? My budget is a little tight at moment is all.

Hector

Post Number: 310
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 07:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6sCz7GFtkYQ

A documentary featuring lee,brit elders, jim dilettoso, wendele stevens, marcel vogel.I don't know if it belongs to FIGU material, but it is extremely helpful to complement visual information about the meier case.

Regards

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 120
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 04:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That IS a good documentary, indeed! Thanks, Hector, for posting that! There are some interesting personable filmclips everyone should check out; Meier's kids running up to jump on his tractor while he's driving; a camera shy and reluctant Kaliope trying to be interviewed by Brit Elders while she's kneading bread dough in the kitchen; and Billy takes Lee, Tom and Wendelle to the very spot where Semjase first landed and where they sat under a tree. I'm surprised this was never released as a DVD. Or has it?

There are ten parts of about ten minutes each to this documentary (Part 10 has not been uploaded yet as of this posting). But do not be thrown as I iniatially was - you have to click on "MORE FROM THIS USER" to get the other eight segments to display.

Thanks again Hector,
Bob

Scott

Post Number: 1279
Posted on Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 10:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

The clips you are referring to come from the Video "Contact", which was released in the 80's, here is the link to the FIGU Online Store:
http://shop.figu.org/product_info.php?cPath=49&products_id=342

Regards
Scott

Kaare

Post Number: 50
Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 04:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

In the magazine Fortean Times special editon 2007 – 60 years of ufo’s , there is an article titled:
The stamp collector’s guide to the galaxy.
The article displays a collection of 18 different stamps from around the world with UFO motives. One stamp, from Turkmenistan issued in 1999 has a picture taken by Billy. It is of Semjases’ new third variation 7-meter Beamship . Billy took several photos of this ship in 1976. See stamp attached
Semjases' beamship

Scott

Post Number: 1289
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kaare,

Thanks for posting this, I have been on the track trying to get a copy of this stamp for Billy, but so far have not been able to locate one. There was even mention of this in the contact notes when I brought it up a few years ago. Please read the following post: http://forum.figu.org/us/messages/863/3559.html#POST11312

Regards
Scott

Scott

Post Number: 1291
Posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 05:59 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kaare,

Found this on the Fortean Times Magazine sight:
stamp

Scott

If you want to continue this discussion we should carry it over into Mission/Misc.

Sirashwin

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 06:37 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Scott

Sorry i put my last post in the wrong section.

I already know that the movie would be releasing within a month(i.e. from August 8); but i wanted to know the exact date.

Salome
ashwin

Scott

Post Number: 1292
Posted on Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ashwin,

I don't know if Michael Horn has released a specific date. If I hear anything I will post it, or he will as well.

Salome
Scott

Sirashwin

Post Number: 91
Posted on Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 06:15 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings to all

Here is, if one could call a trailer of Michael's new film (just copy-paste this url into your browser, which does include the braces '}')

http://flowplayer.org/video/1_20/fullscreen.html?config={baseURL:'http://www.theyfly.com',initialScale:'fit',embedHeight:262,embedWidth:320,fullScreen:true,controlsWidth:320,videoFile:'VTS_01_300_mx.flv'}

Salome
ashwin

Sirashwin

Post Number: 93
Posted on Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 03:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or else one could try

http://www.theyfly.com/

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFh9AOVuqYI

Salome
ashwin

Hector

Post Number: 327
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 06:25 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This year is the 25 anniversary of the movie "Blade Runner".I see this movie as a metaphor, as an allegory of Contact 251.

They depict genetically altered humans, the replicants, who represent the earthhumans with a manipulated lifespan who had to flee.And they are shown as agressive, as slaves, as a tool to be used by other more evolved humans.

Also, Harrison Ford could and Edward James Olmos could depict the benefactors, non-degenerated humans who tried to help and assist some of the replicants.

In the end there is a feeling that any kind of human beings, be them replicants and non-replicants could-should coexist peacefully, in harmony.

The movie did no gain too much recognition back in 1982 but somehow has reached cult status today.I think this has to do with the collective and individual subconscious, that is able to receive impulses from past and future events.So many viewers of this movie feel strongly atracted to the matters shown represented in it.

Has anybody here watched the movie and drawed similar conclusions? Thanks in advance,

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 162
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 10:02 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I can see the parallels now that you mention it. If you get the chance, see the extended director's cut and commentary (if you haven't already).

Regards
Bob

Vestri

Post Number: 182
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 03:40 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blade Runner is a masterpiece. I have seen it at least 5 times and is my all time favourite film behind "Lord of The Rings"

I was left with a similar conclusion to Hectors.

Here is "The Internet Movie Database" review of Blade Runner.

my picture

Blade Runner (1982)

This is truly one of the greatest science fiction films ever made, one that requires a thinking viewer in order to understand and appreciate it. The director's cut is the recommended one to see as it omits a somewhat distracting narration and avoids an unnecessary Hollywood-style ending that is at odds with the rest of the film's tone.

A true science fiction story or film is about ideas, not spaceship battles, futuristic gadgets, or weird creatures. "Blade Runner" fully qualifies as this in its examination of the impact of technology on human society, existence, and the very nature of humanity itself.................."Blade Runner" is a masterpiece that deserves recognition and long remembrance in film history.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083658/

Vestri

Post Number: 183
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another excellent Science fiction film similar to Blade Runner is Gattaca.

Here is IMDB partial review of Gattaca.

(ps in previous post, for the full IMDB review of Blade Runner go to webpage at bottom)

Gattaca (1997)

my picture

Tagline: There Is No Gene For The Human Spirit.

Plot Outline: A genetically inferior man assumes the identity of a superior one in order to pursue his lifelong dream of space travel.

Vincent is one of the last "natural" babies born into a sterile, genetically-enhanced world, where life expectancy and disease likelihood are ascertained at birth. Myopic and due to die at 30, he has no chance of a career in a society that now discriminates against your genes, instead of your gender, race or religion. Going underground, he assumes the identity of Jerome, crippled in an accident, and achieves prominence in the Gattaca Corporation, where he is selected for his lifelong desire: a manned mission to Saturn. Constantly passing gene tests by diligently using samples of Jerome's hair, skin, blood and urine, his now-perfect world is thrown into increasing desperation, his dream within reach, when the mission director is killed - and he carelessly loses an eyelash at the scene! Certain that they know the murderer's ID, but unable to track down the former Vincent, the police start to close in, with extra searches, and new gene tests. With the once-in-a-lifetime launch only days away, Vincent must avoid arousing suspicion, while passing the tests, evading the police, and not knowing whom he can trust...

Review

Thoughtful Science Fiction,

Gattaca is in many ways the best film I have seen about prejudice. Just as people have been judged for centuries by the color of their skin, Gattaca predicts that in the future there will be a more subtle discrimination. It being a science fiction film helps make it more effective by allowing us to feel the emotions of the characters with little of our own history getting in the way. A haunting musical score goes well with the feeling of the film.

The film that Gattaca most reminds me of is Blade Runner. They are both about genetic engineering gone very wrong but Gattaca takes a very different approach. The problems are more subtle in Gattaca involving our own desires for success for ourselves and through our children. Amazingly, Gattaca is a superb science fiction film with a small budget, few special effects and mostly filmed in existing modern buildings.

After seeing this film for a second time I liked it even better as the plot seemed more plausible. If you would like to see a sci-fi film that is based on interesting characters and situations and not explosions or special effects, try Gattaca.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119177/

Vestri

Post Number: 183
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 09:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

btw, "Internet Movie Data Base" is the Biggest and the Best Internet site for Movie sales, rentals and reviews. This is the site where everyone on the net goes for movie's. As some sort of comparision of how big this site is on the net, it was estimated to be worth over 300 million dollars.

This is the most bookmarked movie site on the net because it is simply the best.

http://www.imdb.com/Top/

Edward

Post Number: 919
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 03:02 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All....

Hector, very good for you to have mentioned "Blade Runner"!

I just watched it last week. Have the DVD. And it was always also, to me, one
of the best Futuristic Si-Fi's made. I had the same though many years back
when I saw it and noticed the resemblance with what Billy mentioned.

With the knowledge, that Billy did once mentioned that certain Movie writers
and so forth, were - Impulse Induced - to write of our future-like events, via
the cinema: to give us a 'glimpse' of what we can expect!

Blade Runner, is indeed a MASTERPIECE! A 'Must Have' in One's collection!

And just this weekend, Rutger Hauer(Dutch actor: one of the best around in the
Netherlands!!; and a favorite of mine), the white haired 'artificial' android
human, was interviewed on a talk show. He too, said that Blade Runner is, if
not, one of the best films and role he had to fulfill. And I guess, his acting
combined with the whole cast and the film in its whole, brings this all into
focus.

Vestri, I have seen some segments of it but have not the possibility to see it
yet. One film I do want to see.

Hector, I liked very much Steven Spielberg/Stanley Kubrick's - A.I.(Artificial
Intelligence) -, this is a Must See, also. It is almost as a modern version of
Pinocchio, as some say it to be.

Plot

The story is set sometime in the future. Global warming has led to an
ecological disaster resulting in a drastic reduction of the human population
and rising sea levels. Cities like New York City, and Venice lie in ruins.
Mankind’s efforts to maintain civilization lead to the creation of android
artificial intelligence. These efforts culminate with the creation of David,
an android child (or "mecha") programmed with the ability to love.
Cybertronics, the company that created David, wish to test their latest
creation on a loving couple wanting a child. They approach one of their
employees, Henry Swinton, with the idea.

Artificial Intelligence: A.I. is a 2001 science fiction film co-produced,
written, and directed by Steven Spielberg. It was the last project on which
filmmaker Stanley Kubrick worked - he died before the film started shooting,
and Spielberg dedicated the film to him.

There are other films, but can not think of them at the mean time.

Edward.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page