Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through December 20, 2009

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Meditation » Archive through December 20, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Paul

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 03:28 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you everybody for your answers.

You are all very helpful!

SALOME

Bianca

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 03:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Pentra Meditation isn't mentioned anywhere here but its one of the simplest forms of meditation. The Figu members practice it to create cohesiveness, unity and harmony amongst themselves. It can be practiced by anyone who feels the need to feel one with the surroundings, etc. Personally, since I have been practicing it just before falling asleep I wake up feeling calmer in the morning, and my night sleep is peaceful, in fact if I don't do it I feel the exact opposite the next morning. I was told to say the Spirit Prayer first then simply repeat it in the mind, not to sound it out.

Smukhuti

Post Number: 94
Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings All,

I had tried to meditate but could not concentrate for more than 5-7 minutes. As a result I try for 3-4 days, loose interest then start trying again somedays later. This has happened a couple of times now.

I cannot read Germen nor have access to Billy's meditation book. So far I have been trying to concentrate on my breath and doing this at night before I sleep.

Could anyone advise me what is the easiest way to meditate and what regime to follow?

Also I have seen that in days I have a rough going in my professional front, I could not concentrate even for a second - but these are the days I need to calm myself the most. Please advise.

Salome.

Indi

Post Number: 361
Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 04:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Subr....
I suggest you look through the archives for suggestions for your query. There have been previous discussions about this and members have posted info from the German texts.

I will add that learning to concentrate, is the key to being able to meditate. As with any other skill, it is something that must be practiced - keeping in mind that the end goal is an open one.

You need to practice rather than 'try'

See it as a process over many many years, rather than a week!

I agree, though, it is difficult for most in the beginning, but after practicing for a while, on reflection one can see how one has progressed.

Robyn

Sitkaa

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Concentration is easier when the focus is upon something that is fascinating.
Love is always the way

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 77
Posted on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 03:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And here is the problem to be able to control the mind so as to be able to concentrate on the dull and mundane or on what one must and not let the mind take the easier of paths with thought wanderings. It is so boring concentrating on breathing.
I too find it difficult to practice concentration exercises consistently. At first it bothered me greatly that I was failing through my own laziness and beat myself up over it. Now I go with the flow and strive when I can.
This past year has been one of personal achievement for me in that I have actually learned to meditate.Which to me was a massive first step.It with the aid of Billy's wisdom has helped me immensely in controlling all those emotive issues that arise now and then. Instead of losing the plot with anger and/or depression I now turn inwards and face the emotion. This has been and still is a very difficult action but I have stopped taking my happy pills for twelve months and I am not in fear of the future.
I have introduced meditation to my youngest son and daughter,13 and 14 respectively, as a concentration test.My son took to it aggressively and now has a basic understanding, of which I will gradually expand upon with time.The daughter is a work in progress.
I do not see meditation as a vehicle to attaining a goal but more of an exercise to conduct when inclined so as to stay in control of one's own mind/thoughts.I do find that this is never boring.
Peace John

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 468
Posted on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 07:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The success of a meditation is really dependent on how successful you are at denying energy to the thoughts you do not want to pursue. And this is also the essence of concentration. If you are just starting out, you should know it is quite acceptable to take breaks within the meditation session itself. Billy writes in Die Art zu leben, that a good advice for meditation is to sit a short time in complete relaxation and then to take a short break of 30 to 60 seconds. Attentiveness should be practiced on that occasion in order to not lose the natural serenity of the moment. After the short pause, a concentration should follow again. If many such short meditations are done, then the short breaks within the meditation are able to lend much more reality and inspiration.
Such exercises remove any unnatural ceremony as well as any tiresome tension of expectation from the still clumsy practice by which a bigger internal calmness comes about. Through the change-game of meditating and pausing, the border between both will dissolve gradually, through which the contrasts between everyday life and meditation also dissolve, consequently increasing the ability to remain without distraction in the natural, pure presence. This leads to a condition of the everyday-meditation, which is an integration of meditation into everyday life. The meditation becomes a state continuing in the everyday life in a quite special form in which the person lives their everyday life fully-conscious as well as influenced by the effect of the meditation.

Regards
Bob

Paul

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 02:09 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

What exactly is the Pentra meditation?

And how does one practice it?

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 469
Posted on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Pentra Meditation is usually done with a group sitting in a circle for duration of 20 minutes, wherein the meditation word, PENTRA, is used as the concentration point. It should be preceded by the prayer to the spirit, Mein Geist, der du bist in Allmacht. Every participant of the meditation group then concentrates quietly upon the meditation word PENTRA. It is helpful to have the FIGU traveling pyramid to balance the energetic strength of the participants. The word PENTRA originates from the old Lyranischen language and basically means, This itself in love yields.

Regards
Bob

Markcampbell

Post Number: 302
Posted on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It can be performed without 20 people , yet , one person must be present during the meditation .

Mark

Jakester

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 09:40 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Bob,
I've read that contemplation of death is very important, do you, or anyone else out there have any info on what a death meditation is and how it's done?

Jake

Hector

Post Number: 536
Posted on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 07:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jakester the moment when a human being must face the end of its material existance is a very special moment. It is a unique, personal, special moment, which can (perhaps should) be lived (experienced) in an intensive way. This is possible if death does occur by natural death (natural ageing), and the dying person is free of fear, guilt, or remorse.

In Billy's books i have read that it is very important to prepare oneself to be ready to face death as a natural phenomenom/process. Contrary to what most religions promote, it is advisable to regularly think about death and its connotations. Religions and pure materialistic thinking always avoid to meditate, contemplate, reflect about the nature of death.

One of the consecuences/effects of practicing meditation is a clear identification, clear observation, clear perception of any object, thought, idea or abstract concept. So if you meditate, think, reflect about the nature of death in a neutral balanced way, you will be able to identify, categorise, understand and unveil some of its characteristics. For me, to meditate about death means learning to know more about it. I describe the moment of death as the distinctive mark where evolution (learning, striving) finishes its cycle in the material realm, to be continued in the pure spiritual realm.

Smukhuti

Post Number: 107
Posted on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Hector,

"it is advisable to regularly think about death and its connotations"
Which of Billy's book tells that? Is it the one on meditation?

Salome

Norm

Post Number: 1306
Posted on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 11:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excerpt from "The Psyche"...

"Seat yourself comfortably at a table and place a burning candle in front of you about one yard away. Relax in your seat and look at the lower rim of the candle flame...thinking constantly of the word "SUN".

Do this for exactly five minutes the first day, then add one minute each day.
Once you have reached twelve minutes, concentrate only on the lower rim of the candle flame and eliminate all thoughts for twelve minutes during the following six days.

After these additional six days, the time span of the exercise is increased to fifteen minutes. While looking into the lower rim of the candle flame, think of a red or a golden rose, which one contemplates or gets acquainted with in their imagination. This exercise should be conducted for six days also. Then continue this exercise daily while allowing yourself to daydream, observing the fifteen minute time span...

Through (this exercise), concentration is learned or relearned. Depending on the attitude of the individual and the intensity of the exercise, the point of light will change into a little sun, slowly growing larger as time passes. Finally the "sun" will grow so large that it takes on a radiant brilliance, filling the entire field of vision.

Once this has been accomplished the individual can remain in this blissful state without any thoughts which might dominate him for hours or even days. The manner in which this blissful feeling is produced is called meditation."

Billy

My Website

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 150
Posted on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hector,

For 'erleben' I would say 'live up'.

Salome,

- Matthew

Hector

Post Number: 537
Posted on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smukhuti, in the book "Wiedergeburt, Sterben, Leben, Tod und Trauer" several pages are dedicated to this quite important matter. It's the first Figu book i ever ordered, because no other man on the earth's surface seemed to know anything about death, and Billy really provided me with satisfying, valuable answers.

Syn

Post Number: 242
Posted on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 11:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

need some good meditation music. anyone hook a brotha up o.0?
They must find it difficult...Those who have taken authority as the truth, rather then the truth as the authority

-Gerald Massey

Marbar

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I can ask, how many pages does "Introduction to Meditation" and "Die Psyche" have?

Rarena

Post Number: 536
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

What is your name? How do you do... Mine's Randy...

Die Psyche is about three eights of an inch thick and Intro to Meditation is about an inch thick... so maybe 100 and 300 pages respectively...

You may buy them here:

Die Psyche: http://shop.figu.org/product_info.php?cPath=21_27&products_id=44

Intro to Meditation:http://shop.figu.org/product_info.php?cPath=21_27&products_id=43

Techieatwork

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 06:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi all.

regarding this paragraph:

"The Pentra Meditation is usually done with a group sitting in a circle for duration of 20 minutes, wherein the meditation word, PENTRA, is used as the concentration point. It should be preceded by the prayer to the spirit, Mein Geist, der du bist in Allmacht. ....PENTRA originates from the old Lyranischen language and basically means, This itself in love yields. "

- So PENTRA is like a mantra?
- Could you please tell, the prayer to the spirit, Mein Geist, der du bist in Allmacht, is this it? or this is just the title? if so, can you please share the full text?

--
Salome
Carlos
techieatwork@gmail.com

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 471
Posted on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Carlos, welcome to the FIGU forum. Yes, the word PENTRA in the example given would be considered a mantra. A mantra can be vocalized aloud, meditated on silently, or even sung as a song. Billy explains in Die Art zu leben, that in every used form, whether singing, speaking, or thinking, an essence of the sound originates from the mantra which swings as an embodiment of the truth by the consciousness and every syllable of a mantra is filled with spiritual strength which floats serenely in the consciousness and brings in harmony and love as well as a positive balance. By the use of a Mantra and its strength, the consciousness co-operates with the spirit and the fine-material fiber net of the body by which the person is able to protect them self, especially to negatives. However, Billy warns that neither mantra, nor other meditation exercises may be carried out in a form of overzealousness or in a religiously fanatical way, but they must be always controlled and in a form that the person remains consciously self-decisive in their thinking and action as well as in feelings and sensations etc. always freely so that a dependence does not form.

The full text of the prayer is as follows:
"Mein Geist, der du bist in Allmacht. Dein Name sei geheiligt. Dein Reich inkarniere sich in mir. Deine Kraft entfalte sich in mir, auf Erden und in den Himmeln. Mein tägliches Brot gib mir heute. So ich erkenne meine Schuld und ich erkenne die Wahrheit. Und führe mich nicht in Versuchung und Verwirrung, sondern erlöse mich vom Irrtum. Denn dein ist das Reich in mir und die Kraft und das Wissen in Ewigkeit."

Regards
Bob

Techieatwork

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Bob.

A preliminary translation into English gave me this. I have a few words in brackets, where I would like your confirmation, whether it makes more sense. Please advice if you please. Thanks in advance again.

My spirit, which is you in omnipotence. (who arts in omnipotence)
Your name is sanctified. (Be your name sanctified?)
(Be?) your realm (incarnated) itself in me.
Be your Kraft (will-power?) unfolded in me, on ground connection and in the skies.
My daily bread give me today.
Thus I recognize my debt (duties?) and I recognize the truth.
And lead yourself (me?) not in temptation (lead me away from temptation?) and confusion, but release me from the mistake.
Because yours is the realm in me and Kraft (will-power?) and the knowledge in eternity.

--
Salome
Carlos
techieatwork@gmail.com

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 472
Posted on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 06:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Carlos,

There is already an official English translation to be found in Chapter 6 of the Talmud Jmmanuel, Alms, Fasting, Treasures, Concerns (verses 12 -18). If you are new to the Meier material and have not read the TJ yet, I would suggest you start there. Also, there is an excellent English translation available right here on this forum provided by Jacob (Phaetonsfire) and can be found in the forum archives. Within the same post, Jacob goes on to explain each line and you might find that additionally helpful to you. Look in the section called, Spiritual Life In Everyday Life, Phaethonsfire post #58.
http://forum.figu.org/us/messages/13/3573.html
New members to the forum find it helpful to read all of Jacob’s (Phaetonsfire) posts first since the answers to many of the frequently asked questions can be found there.

Regards
Bob

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page