Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through October 05, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Meditation » Archive through October 05, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Aburns87

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2010 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

icic... thanks for the reply thomas!

Bodhran

Post Number: 99
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 03:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ramirez,
Thanks for that, I'll check them out.
Cheers.
Salome

Tony.

Lth

Post Number: 39
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 04:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> ur welcome Aburns :-)

Aburns87

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 03:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...i am again following up on my recent question about the ability of a copper pyramid to block the earth vibrations when outside... here is a post from jacob a bit ago... i haven't followed up on every post after, but from what he is saying there is an effect to the direct area surrounding where the pyramid is... perhaps this was an error... ill keep looking

post number 323 by Phaethonsfire
"Hi Scott,

The home or travel pyramid when its positioned correctly with one of its sides pointing north-south will generate a forcefield that will enhance the concentration and will enable you entering a meditative state of mind with more ease.
The home/travel pyramids enhance the impulses during the peace meditation, but they also enhance neutral energy that is generated during a 'normal' meditation.
Through this enhancement it becomes easier to concentrate since the neutral energy pushes the negative influences away to some extend."

Lth

Post Number: 42
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 07:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Jacob is or was a spirit lessons passive member and thus has access to > much more info then I do. I will defer to his superior stores of knowledge > on this point but it is possible that he has misunderstood, which has > happened only once before on this forum to my knowledge. I will put the > issue on the back burner until BEAM or his writings clarify the issue (which > may never happen, but who knows?!?)

Davidmg

Post Number: 65
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 08:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Question...

Is the alignment of the pyramid to be magnetic North, or true North?

Lth

Post Number: 55
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Magnetic north

Scott

Post Number: 2017
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 08:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

I have been practicing (again) the concentration exercises outlined in the book "The Psyche" The first part of the exercise involves staring into the base of a candle flame for progressively longer periods of time while thinking of the word "sun".

What I have not been able to grasp from this explanation is how do you think of the word "sun"? I can see the word in my mind and I can also repeat it to myself, I wonder is this what is meant by thinking of it?

Thanks
Scott

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 530
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 09:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since your visual focus should be trained on the candle flame, do not try to see the word “sun” in your mind as that would be a distraction. Neither repeat the word silently to yourself. Rather hold the concept of the sun gently in the background. That is my understanding.

Markcampbell

Post Number: 525
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott ;

Try to envision the sun as an object , see how that feels .

Also , don't stare at the middle yellow flame but the blue bud at the bottom of the plume . Otherwise it's hard on your cornea .

Mark

Lth

Post Number: 64
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 11:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Bob/Phi-spiral is correct.

Scott

Post Number: 2018
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you everyone, I will work on this..

Calenwath

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 07:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has the appointed time for the peace meditation changed? My calculations dont seem to be adding up. Could someone let me know at what time it is scheduled for this weekend? Thank you and Salome!

Shane

Hi Shane,

Yes the peace meditation is this weekend, but depending on which time zone you live in, will have a bearing on when to do it.

Scott

(Message edited by scott on September 18, 2010)

Markcampbell

Post Number: 549
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 01:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The time for the PM will change when Winter officially begins . As I understand it , we are still on Summer schedule through the fall , unless I am wrong about this , then I would really need to know .

MC

Andyv24

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 08:23 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone, new to the forum.
I'm just beginning my meditation practice, starting with Billy's concentration exercises... What I'm wondering about, maybe it's been addressed in the forum but haven't come across it, is these audio discs that claim to greatly enhance and accelerate the gains made in meditation through "syncing the left and right brain hemispheres..." Was thinking about testing one out but they cost a pretty penny...so naturally, my question, are they worth it? Is there utility in using sound technologies to enhance meditation? Thanks much

---------
If you do a search using 'Holosync' in the least, you will find various comments about it. As you will find, they are dotted over various topics, hence the usefulness of the search engine.

Robyn

(Message edited by indi on September 22, 2010)

Andyv24

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The search engine, of course. Thanks Robyn

Peacelovefreedom

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2010 - 02:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear all, I have a question about the origin of Billy's method of meditation. When Stephan Licauer( it maybe wrong spelling) talked about the linage or origin of the Billy's Sapattina(? not sure this spelling is right) meditation. As I remember, there was a relationship with Pali canon of Buddhism. But I couldn't write down the important names of people who were told of this practice, and I couldn't figure out the time when Sapatina method was told. In order to tell other people about this meditation, I would like to know the correct historical info. Would someone explain how it came about? In Japan, some people told me Sapatina meditation was discovered by Billy. Is it right? Thank you all again.

Indi

Post Number: 550
Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2010 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

post re the origins of Billy's meditation method has been moved to the next page

(Message edited by indi on October 18, 2010)

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 35
Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2010 - 08:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> > > > Fascinating! Please share as soon as possible, > Eddie

> > >
[7:-)

Elreyjr

Post Number: 194
Posted on Monday, October 04, 2010 - 01:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Robyn.

we will wait.

Jun
My will be done

Bianca

Post Number: 82
Posted on Monday, October 04, 2010 - 05:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am having troubles with the flame constantly flickering, which is obviously very disruptive. Can someone please explain how to get the candle flame steadily burning? I tried the following: cut off/ not cut off the end of the burned wick before lighting the candle again, I put the candle inside a glass cone with the top open which helps for a little while only, and of course I make sure that there are no droughts.
I just like to add that having the pyramid is beneficial, or at least it feels that way. I use it to do my daily affirmations but if i skip one night or more, then its harder to get into it again. I feel that if i practice the meditation nightly it gives me strength the next day to cope with life's turbulence and i also notice improvement in my psyche's health. Doing any form of meditation alone is naturally very different to when i did it with the members at the centre, but still i enjoy it immensely because it helps keep the negativities at bay.
Cheers,b.

Davidmg

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, October 04, 2010 - 08:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bianca;

I will assume that there no fans or windows that may cause a draft not felt by anyone near. The candle that is held by a small glass consumes the surrounding oxygen inside the glass candle holder and therefore draws more air from a top the glass. This process repeats several times causing the flickering you experience. It also causes the candle to produce small amount of smoke which can over time stick to the surrounding wall and ceiling of the room. I suggest using "T-Lights" or longer candles that are not contained in confined area. Or, use a bigger candle holder.

Happy Meditations

Bianca

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 05:46 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks David,
I will start the process of eliminations.
B.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page