Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through August 23, 2014

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Meditation » Archive through August 23, 2014 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Ramirez

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2014 - 11:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the detailed explanation of what goes on at Munds Park.

Five to 6 hours is quite a decent meeting and the subject matter being discussions of Meier's material is also surely beneficial ..... if only something like that were available here i wouldn't turn down an opportunity to attend.

Last year there was one solitary Figu meeting in Sydney which i attended but it wasn't followed up with anything further so that attempt to establish a functioning group evaporated.

Having visitors from various parts of the state and even interstate attend is quite a testimony for the drawing power of well organized on topic events and considering Arizona isn't exactly in the center of a heavy populated region that's a further indication of dedication and interest on the part of everyone concerned.

Your right ..... with 310 million inhabitants one regular group meeting in a remote location is hardly much to boast about but it's a solid start sure to eventually lead to gradual expansion.

I think the secret might be ..... an absence of grab the limelight, claim the credit and project personal power scenario which stands behind the so far growing success of this venture.

Over here all that's available is the group energy work meetings so better that than nothing and your correct that a percentage of participants come because it's one of the few places they can discuss some of the more exotic ideas out there without ridicule plus do real life hands stuff than be a passive member of an audience or peripheral participant in discussions of subjects they might not agree with.

Have you considered this:

Reiki share after the meeting ...... if your familiar with it why not. That way it's possible to accomplish two sorts of things. Massage table via Ebay are often under $100.

And finally ..... is there an after meeting snack time courtesy of Amy ?
Cheers.

Votan

Post Number: 185
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 05:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ramirez

Do you know of any Adelaide South Australian meeting at all.
joe

Ramirez

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 08:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Votan,

No.

As far as i know the only other city where a meeting was held was Melbourne.
Cheers.

Michael_horn

Post Number: 820
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 08:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Ramirez,

Somehow we don't tend to be much of a touchy-feely group and by the time the meetings are over we all tend to want to go out and get ready to go to dinner. We do bring our lunches and have plenty to eat during the meeting. we're also fortunate to be able to meet in a beautiful area and, now that the weather permits, we make taking walks part of the process too.

I've been around, done a lot of, received, Reikie, massage, etc. Nothing wrong with that, it's just aht the energy of these meetings somehow hasn't vibed with that.

Bianca

Post Number: 119
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 01:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As Ramirez has said... Melbourne is the only place where people meet for a discussion. In fact we do it through Meet Up every 2 months or so. We had one very enthusiastic person who has traveled twice from Adelaide to meet with me and Vibka and he was an asset at our stand. So distance should not be an obstacle.
Otherwise we have a website and we come together once a year for our AGM but you must become a member.
As far I am aware, there are numerous people in OZ but for some reason they are sitting on the fence...
…Everything is in One, and One is in all, and everything is there in this infinite Creation for every single being, and the single being is there for the whole extensive All.
OM

Piyali

Post Number: 82
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 04:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nice to read this post from you Bianca, and be able to say "Hi" since we met for the first time last year at the Center!

Vibka shared this bit of news with me which I find encouraging. I am thinking of setting up a Meet Up myself soon where I live. Salome.
Salome with Love ~
Piyali

Vincent

Post Number: 95
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 07:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bianca,

Any idea when there might be a Figu Center in Australia so I can visit it?
I'm young and I do hope there will be one in Oz in my lifetime.

Hi Vincent, there is no FIGU centre planned in Australia in the near future. However, at this time there is a Landesgruppe functioning in Australia, the members and friends of the group being scattered over the continent and in other parts of Oceania such as New Zealand, who meet once a month for a study group and peace meditation on Skype. If you are interested, please go to the website and make contact about it there at http://au.figu.org

(Message edited by indi on June 18, 2014)

Vincent

Post Number: 97
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 08:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, thanks Indi!

I do hope however that one day there will be an Australian Figu Center that I can visit.

Andyv24

Post Number: 57
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I, like many I assume, am struggling with not being as productive as a likely could, not sticking to an agenda plan, procrastinating, etc. I want to live with a greater sense of urgency.

To that end, through Billy's teaching and all the new agey/self-helpy stuff I've been through, I thought it would be a good idea to do a "create visualization" each evening, where I mentally run through the next day, imagining myself going about the next days tasks with diligence and discipline and conviction and sense of urgency etc. Something I suppose like Meier's realistic "wish-dreams".

I did it a bit, but to little avail. Then I came across a study (don't have the link handy) about how this kind of meditation can actually have the opposite effect -- that after completing the meditation, one has a false feeling that they have accomplished something, and then actually get less done the next day.

Can anyone speaks towards how to do a truly effective visualization, one which would help one to be diligent and stick to the planned agenda?

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 617
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 09:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Andyv24

I can relate. I had those problems and even worse.

I too had been studying all the self-help books from Wallace D. wattles, Tony Robbins, Napoleon Hill, etc and things like The Secret, etc.

The Goblet of the Truth will answer these and so many other questions or issues. It is absolutely empowering. I now control my fate.

Salome,
Eddie

Votan

Post Number: 219
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 08:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Andyv24

Like most new ideas , they do not always work the first time. You have to go level in meditation. I use a 10to 1 and 3 2 1 repeated 3 times.I do not know how Billy does it.

Keep trying and it will work.
joe

Tom

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 04:06 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Andy,

Have you read Might of the Thoughts? With an understanding of the material in this book you will be able to answer your question. There are many factors incorporated into the thinking process which need to be understood and realized to ensure success. I find that goals such as yours can take months or years of continuous affirmations and visualizations, progressive thinking and application of new knowledge and ideas, and constant conscious behavioral changes, in order for the goal or aim to come to fruition.

I read Tony Robins works and phycology texts for affirmation development before finding Billy's books and reading Might of the Thoughts, and I now realize that they only deal with a small portion of the total process of thinking, and how to use the thoughts to bring goals, ideals, aims and values to fruition.

Cheers,

Tom.

Andyv24

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks everybody.

Hi Tom, yes, I have read the book. Half way through my second go. Obviously, an amazing book. Perhaps thin in some areas on the nuts and bolts though.

Working through learning German so I can alas get my hands on Billy's meditation books.

But, as it stands, if my experience with the method, and the study mentioned above are to be believed, I may be doing something wrong, potentially harmful. Even Billy cautions (in either MoT or The Psyche) that affirmations and such can backfire if not done correctly, or if you are already too sick or something like that. This part of the book was confusing to me.

Here is what I think I know about well-formed affirmations:

1) They should be stated in the positive (e.g., "I am industrious" opposed to "I am not lazy").

2) They should be stated in the present (i.e., "I am ..." opposed to "I will be ... ").

So I say things like this to myself while picturing myself having those good qualities and expressing them during the next day. Is the consensus then that this practice, if done consistently, should be an effective tool for building up the desirable character traits?

I am aware enough to know that the thoughts control the destiny, I know they are extremely powerful -- I just want to be sure I'm wielding that power appropriately to get the most out of my life. If anyone can add any more specific comments to this method and my question in the preceding paragraph...please and thank you.

Bianca

Post Number: 121
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 03:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Below is the link to Bruce's webpage- thank you heaps for helping translate Billy's material.
I still cannot understand how I am suppose do do a meditation on 'death', and if anyone here can explain what it is, hopefully I will be able to understand and learn the full meaning of it.
Many thanks,

Salome
Bianca

http://beam2eng.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/meditation-about-death-is-important.html?view=mosaic
…Everything is in One, and One is in all, and everything is there in this infinite Creation for every single being, and the single being is there for the whole extensive All.
OM

Tom

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 05:27 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Andy,

What you stated about affirmations aligns with what I have read. Additionally, I have read that making things specific also helps – ie. using dates to achieve milestones, quantifying the milestones if possible, using words like “always” or “constantly” if the trait should be permanent.

I recall MoT states that if the psyche is already too heavily burdened, then neutral-positive-equalized thinking (positive affirmations/visualisations) needs to be used in conjunction with psychotherapy techniques, or psychiatry in extreme cases.

I find there is a lot of value in thinking through specifically what achieving a specific goal/ trait/ideal means – what steps are required to get there(causes), what is affected by having a certain new trait (effects). What does it mean to be more diligent, disciplined and have better conviction – less distractions, better concentration, using time in a manner to benefit ones evolution & to benefit the external environment as best possible, working on single tasks for longer blocks of time in order to be more efficient, maintaining creative and constructive thoughts in relation to all things, removing destructive thoughts which create anxieties and fears etc. . From what I recall, consciously trying to implement the new traits through conscious changes to actions & behaviors is also critical to the process of change/growth (in addition to consciously using visualizations & affirmations).

From what I understand, the continued use of visualizations & affirmations will continue to build momentum and might, the more they are used, and even afterwards. I have had cases where I have used these techniques intensively over a month without seeing much result, stopped for a month, and after that second month I realized that the affirmation and visualizations are starting to create changes – Billy is spot on when he says patience and persistence are key.

The concentration program prescribed on futureofmankind website(from The Psyche) features the use of visualization wish dreams towards the end of the concentration program, once the concentration has been improved. This makes me think that the extent of concentration may have an influence(amongst other factors) on the might of the thoughts (Although I cannot recall this specifically being mentioned anywhere). "Upgrade the motor in the car and get there quicker...perhaps".

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Concentration_Exercises

Keen to know your thoughts. I am in the same boat as yourself, trying to work it all out and optimize the whole process.

Cheers,

Tom.

Vincent

Post Number: 128
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 04:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regarding BEAM's Concentration Exercise, I am having trouble trying to keep my mind still. It keeps wandering off. I cannot complete the Concentration Exercise in the set order and time frame it lays out. I'm still stuck on the "No Thoughts" part.

Newinitiation

Post Number: 1227
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2014 - 05:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pinching yourself works and more extreme version would be slapping yourself over the ears.
That'll do it

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 619
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2014 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Vincent.

Last night in class, I explained to a friend I had given this very meditation exercise, that what you experienced is "the exercise".

For example; it is the same as giving someone the "push ups" as an exercise. Without your brain chatter, there is no Concentration Exercise.

So you are in fact doing quite well.

Salome,
Eddie

Vincent

Post Number: 129
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2014 - 06:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Eddieamartin,

I thought the "no thoughts" part was to stop the brain chatter?

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 620
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 06:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Vincent.

That's correct. Neutralizing the chatter is the very part of the "exercise" in the Concentration Exercise.

This is the meditation that prepares us for/to do the various meditations.

You are on point and actually on course.

Salome,
Eddie

Markcampbell

Post Number: 901
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 10:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You have 'found the enemy' and now to 'decrease it's influence' . Good point , Eddie .

Billwilson12

Post Number: 43
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2014 - 03:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looking for Meditation stool design, can anyone suggest a place to to look the correct design or where to buy one?
123OM

Adamjhs

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this is the correct section to be posting this in.

I think I recall having seen somewhere, a few symbols that is used for spiritual telepathy, from the symbol language.

I am looking for these, but I am not sure where to find them.

If anyone could provide me with a link it would be very appreciated, and I appologise if I am posting this in the wrong section of the forum.

Thanks

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page