Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through January 09, 2008

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Meditation » Archive through January 09, 2008 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Thomas

Post Number: 383
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Neal. No that is absolutely not progress at all as I understand it. Progress would entail your concentration getting deeper and the absence of thought getting more and more complete. Again, as I understand it from BEAM's books, there should be no urges at all within you when achieving a real and correct form of meditation, only pure observation of the meditation object (such as the breath passing through the nose, etc). If meditation is done correctly and becomes deep enough, then the protocols may be used to go further and it is possible to recieve images with no urging nor emotions attached in any way. The book Introduction to the Meditation of course gives more details but this is how I have understood that book in brief.

Socrates

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas,

Perhaps I have spoken incorrectly. I was saying that the deep urging is caused on my part because I did not want to begin to channel and I instead want to gain progress. Let me be a little more detailed. I am at fault for being so vague. I have gotten to the point where I am so focused on my breath that I lose awareness of my body except for the movement of breath. This is what I have been trying to explain by the descriptions of the sensations for they occurred right after I would lose my focus on the passing of breath. I wanted to know if this is normal or not so that I may correct it before it's too late.

Markc

Post Number: 555
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 09:23 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Socrates ;

Meditation is not about channeling , perhaps you meant something else by it ?

Mark
Mark Campbell

Thomas

Post Number: 386
Posted on Monday, September 24, 2007 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Losing awareness of your body is COMPLETELY normal in the train of a real, true meditation. Mr Meier has in many places described this as being something to be expected (although during the meditation there should be no expectation of any kind) when concentration and meditation become in depth enough. I cannot evaluate you because you must do that yourself but I can say that during correct meditation, losing awareness of your body is not to be feared.

Socrates

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 02:16 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Markc,

Yes you're right. I was just worried that what I was experiencing during meditation was instead channeling.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the information!

Neal

Sirashwin

Post Number: 167
Posted on Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 05:36 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings to All

It seems nowadays no one is posting in the Spiritual Teachings Topic .
Well this might have been asked a couple of times, but couldn't find any results doing a search.

Sometimes when i meditate or rather most of the times; after a certain point i can feel a sort of sensation or concentration on the point between my eyebrows. I very well know that Billy has said that there is no nonsense such as third eye and etc. But what i wanted to ask was, is this normal? Is it something like i am imagining it; just like Billy said how we imagine the colours we see at times during meditation?

Salome
ashwin

Adityasonakia

Post Number: 97
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 05:06 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Ashwin,

Yes even I get that most of the times.
I get it through out my head also, as if the whole head has some sensation.

Salome
Aditya

The_original_dave

Post Number: 122
Posted on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 08:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey guys,

What types of meditation are recommended by FIGU besides the peace meditation. Billy always talks about helping your spirit evolve and activate your penial gland by meditating but there's only info on the Peace meditation.

Edward

Post Number: 943
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 03:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dave....

Concerning the Penial Gland:

Not only (the Peace) meditation is part of the process 'Enhancing' of the
Penial Gland; but, also One living One's life, and his/her Way Of BEING,
should contribute to the mentioned. The Creational Way Of BEING, is very
relevant, in order to achieve the mentioned.

Like the saying goes: One is marked by his/her Deeds and Actions, and not by
his/her words (only)![Lip service]

Thus, make your Daily Life as well as your WHOLE LIFE...: A Meditative
Enhancing Process for your Penial Gland Perceptiveness (as well as for your
Spirit-Consciousness and Beyond)!

Edward.

Indi

Post Number: 130
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 04:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

of course, the gland that you are all talking about is the 'pineal' gland the penial being another part of the anatomy :-)

Robjna

The_original_dave

Post Number: 131
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 05:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn typo. I didn't realise i mispelled it when writing the post

Anyways thanks for the info.

Edward

Post Number: 944
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 03:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dave and Robjna...

Yes, I WAS wondering about that! But, just took the Mistake over..:-)

Well, I guess we knew what we were talking about, though....

Edward.

Indi

Post Number: 133
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 04:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter wrote:

anything specific about colours, i see colours all the time, and when i close my eyes. am i to assume that i will have to order the book and read for myself if i want to know what is specifically meant by "percieving colours"? in regards to the meditative state?

Peter, in answer to your question about the colours and what is in the meditation book, I can simply say that there are 4 colours described as being indicators to the stage or depth of meditation you have achieved, and the idea is to focus on each colour until it passes to the next as you go down. When reaching the 4th colour Billy describes it in this way, that you will have then reached the level of the unconscious, and then, and there you will be able to experience images of a different kind to the dreams of sleep.

The process of coming back up, is the reverse order of the colours.

It is important to note that, you are not to try and create/generate the colours, they are to appear by themselves, and when they do you focus on them.

The 4 colours are, in order, Blue, Green, Yellow and then Red -- and the shades vary in intensity through the process.

Hope this answers your question, however, I had to buy the book to be able to tell you this information, and I would encourage you and others to see the purchase of the book as the means to the information when you choose to find it rather than waiting for another person to find it for you. There is no disrespect intended when I say this. I personally don't understand why there are people who have been on this forum for years and years who still have not purchased the source of the information.

in peace

Robjna

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 343
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 06:23 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey there robjna...
thank you for the helpfull reply :-)
see? was it really all that difficult and painful for you?
no ofcourse not.
i appreciate your answer very much. most of the time my questions here go unanswered, or simply ignored and cast aside, i have even been verbally attacked after trying to be as kind and peacefull as possible (amazing i tell you) so now you see that i do appreciate your answer.

dont think i do not appreciate the fact that you had to buy the book to be able to share such information in the first place.

i dont take it as offense in anyway at all, you got your opinion and every right to share it.
perhaps i can now in return help you...
you say you "do not understand why there are people who have been on this forum for years and years who still have not purchased the source of the information"...
let me offer you one possibility, as of my own experience...
i have been around the figu website since around early 2004. i take a healthy interest in meier and his spiritual teachings.
what i do not do is depend on them. i do however turn to his books when i am stumped and i am unsuccsesful in figuring out some bit of info.
to me billy and his materials are reference points, a reference that i trust in by way of credibility.
if one uses the figu material as reference for comparison or such things, then one would not necessarily feel the need to purchase the books and learn german, atleast not right away.
on the other hand, yes oneday i would like to know german and read billys many books, but until then i like being selectively ignorant, and yet always finding that when i question my conclusions, i come back here, and they go hand in hand with billy's own thoughts on matters of the spirit. all ofcourse conclusions brought on from logical thinking.
and to add here, i had only read about this colour phenomenon about no more than a year ago.
so am i too purchase a book everytime i come across some little excerpt scott or another person who reads the figu books posts?
i think that would be reckless.

but that's just me and my way of going about life, im sure there's a whole forum of people here that would think differently :-)

thanks again robjna
hopefully i returned the favour here.

Unluckyguy26

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 11:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would like to know that is there a process to get a good meditation because everytime i try to relax my mind seems to be wnadering a lot even when i stay relax and completly thoughts free i end up have something coming up in my mind that get me distracted. i try to do it many times i seem to always get lost, so i do it for 5mns at the time when i can.So one question that i have is that, since when im laying down going to sleep im more relaxed can i try do follow my breathing and try to meditate in that position or should i always be in that formal position of sitting down with shoulders relaxed and hads calmely open on my knees?

any advice?

Cpl

Post Number: 331
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 06:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi U26,

I find lying in bed at night before going to sleep an excellent way to meditate -- and of falling into sleep. This is called the "corpse posture" in yoga when used for meditating lying down at the conclusion of yoga or other activities - especially working hard all day.

Of course, there is the tendency to fall asleep in this posture because it is so relaxing, but at night in bed that is ones ultimate purpose anyway. I find the important point is to concentrate on relaxing and being at peace with all. If you think about "making meditative/spiritual (or any kind of) progress" in bed at night you'll likely make the mind active and find it more difficult to fall asleep.

I also think personally that this meditative approach in bed helps greatly in enabling remembrance of dreams and even psychic or premonition dreams.

You can meditate at almost any time of day doing anything if you can remain mindful of what you are doing. There are whole schools of Zen associated with mindfulness meditation disciplines while performing activities. This is easier when performing mundane activities like walking somewhere, washing up, or cleaning; and obviously one should not be in a hurry when doing these.

Regards,
Cpl

Unluckyguy26

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Cpl

Thank you very much i wasnt sure about the laying down part, im not too familiar with yoga positions.I had a feeling that would work work but ii was scared of falling asleep. i did try it once but i got to a point where i gad a feeling that i was gonna see some sort of shape, with my eyes closed it look like i was looking into a dark room with the feeling that there are objects in that room. it felt a tv screen with an image that us getting clearer the more i look deeper into it, i dont know if that has some related part in meditation;it didnt make sense to me and i got up jumping gasping for air like i was depraved of oxygen for a long time.
And other time was about 4 in the monrning after reading and watch a lot of videos about Billy i laid down and in less then 10mns i would say,that i was having the feeling that something was trying to inhabite my body and i was transported somewhere in space, i had a nice view of something that look like earth but seemed as a bigger planet i saw a lot of stars and other stuff...and i saw a face(being) in the dark wispering something to me like "dont be afraid..."All that happened with a metalic huming sound really loud that was coming from somewhere, the faster i felt my body was going the sharper became the sound when i got out of it i was scared cause my family wasnt home that night so, and sudently i had that feeling of peace that came over me and i fell asleep right there.I try to explain it to a friend and she tought i was crazy, and im not making this up i have no reason to.
Now i know sometimes when we read and see certain images that we aspire to these things and the brain could record that and replay the scene in our sleep as we would like it in our imagination, but the whole thing was so real,so vivid that i couldnt help myself from calling it real till this day i cant believe that it happened to me(well i can believe its just a way of saying that it was a beautiful experiment) and i would like to have it again. now i wonder was it a dream really or something else? Also i was laying on my back with my hands with thumbs and pointers and a pyramid shape like form on half way down on my stomac, could that have aything to do with it? or as crazy as it would sound, could that have been some sort of impulse from a visitor as the plajerans would call it that activated some part of my brain?. i wouldnt mind that idea cause so far i havent seen or red anything about billy that doesnt make sense thats why i wanna know more so i can understand where the lies are from what they(religions) told me was true.
How could i aproach the people that i know on that mater that is the mission and the spiritual teachings cause i so would like to share these info that when i tell my family and friends they say that i lost it, or they dont need the info or the websites references? i even posted info on my myspace profile www.myspace.com/26noah(videos and blogs)They say that i dont believe in god anymore or why do i believe in these things (aliens)... and im trying my best right now to explainn to them the concept of god as i learn in the Talmud of jmmanuel and the origin of the human race alll they keep doing is giving me references in the bible that i already know from front to back. The even say that these teachings are from false prophets as Jesus predicted them himself... so how do i aproach those ppeople that i care about but dont wanna hear what i have to say or even try to have a little critical thought of their own?

Sorry if i seem all over, i got so much that im trying to learn at once that sometimes i feel overwhelmed with informations and i dont know which one to process first or where to begin
Anyone care to give an idea on my experiance and the people that i would like to help?

in peace.

Cpl

Post Number: 334
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 06:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi U26,

Regarding your "the people that I would like to help": I would add here that you are by no means alone. You may find that you can never explain to them so that they understand because they are just not ready yet. I realized 40 years ago that no one in my family understood, nor would they understand in any near term. You have effectively awoken from the dream world of religion and belief systems that most inhabit -- and are happy to inhabit. If they need to sleep and dream on there may be nothing you can do directly to awaken them, for it is to each to awaken self when the time is right for each. Living ones truth oneself -- being an example -- is the best teacher. This can often be in silence. People will ask you when they are ready if they know you are interested in these things. It is not often possible to get others interested in what one is interested in oneself because others have their own interests or tendencies to certain interests (if not yet developed). You will likely find you develop new friends that have the same or similar interests and leanings and leave older ones behind. You sound to me as if you are at such a crossroads in your life. Don't overly worry about it; just be your own good self and let the future develop as you fulfill yourself in the best possible way.

The position of your hands would not have affected your experience to any appreciable degree. Visions much like dreams -- and sometimes they are one and the same -- are of every conceivable kind. When trying to "do" too much, and so many do in the early stages, the meditation can get quite wild and imaginary. I am not saying this is what happened with you, but you might benefit from just sitting or lying and relaxing, not thinking of anything, but just being aware of the simple reality of your body; where it touches the floor, where the air comes in and out. That's it. Meditation is a very simple thing, but the mind wants to make it complicated or fantastic as proof to it that the "exercise" is real or worthwhile.

Do you have any tendency to asthma or bronchitis?

Maybe I can get to your post at the weekend as I'm really busy now.

BTW where are you from in Japan? I'm from Osaka now. Been here for 28 years.

Regards,
cpl

Unluckyguy26

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Cpl,

I thank you on the answer and as you say i also realized the same thing that there always gonna be people who will choose to gladly stay asleep.For me ever since a young age findind the truth was always one thing that i always go for. Ive been looking up stuff for 4 months now and each information is as good as the last on any topic it may be. Sleep seem to be really difficult for me to get cause i cant stop myself from reading and when i do stop its to wake up to it in my way analizing the facts. so my brain is constantly working.
Speaking of being in a crossroad, i have already been there a lot of my"friends" diserted me in a way that they feel ashamed by being around me just because that they see that my way of talking is different to them cause of my spiritual reform that seem to throw out everything that they still believe that is true.I probably shouldnt cause im not seeing or feeling myself above them at all as in a im better kind of way, but sometimes i rejoice just to see that they would be the one missing out on this great project, and at the same time feel bad to see that they refuse to observe and see whats going on even in their own" christianity/paulism" society.I just found out today according to a response from another room in this forum that figu doesnt encourage people to go on their own personal mission. would that make any harm if its just there on mypersonal profile? Its not like im saying to my visitors: here this is what you should believe in. After all they do make their own choice, the info that i put there is just in case someone might stop by and say: oh this makes sense let me try to find out some more.

The reason why i ask about the position of my hands is that i read about that pyramid on the figu home page about the peace meditation, so i figured that as a powerful shape if its part of any maditation could incite some sort of booster if i may say.I know that the mind is a very powerful thing in term of imagination but i just didnt think that it could have been so vivid in color and clarity.So from now on im going to try to relax more often as you say and see how it works for me.

To answer to your last questions:
No ive never had any of those respiratory problems ive always been ok as far as i know.
Secondly, no im not from japan im originally from Haiti and im curently in the US. been here for 6 years.

Regards
U26

Cpl

Post Number: 335
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 07:36 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi 1Lg,

I believe an additional post has answered your question above. Proselytizing it would seem inappropriate. Having it up on your website is not proselytizing. Others have to hack through the Internet jungle to arrive at your site. Internet proselytizing would be more like spamming; sending out uninvited mail to people, or generally making a nuisance of oneself in some such similar way, as missionaries do.

A pyramid needs to be constructed to exact dimensions to really work well. Any pyramid made by the hands would be extremely add hoc in comparison.

LOL! I thought you looked a bit Japanese in the photo on your website.

Regards,
cpl

Unluckyguy26

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 03:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi cpl,

Thank you again good thing i didnt start doing that cause i thought of it when i first started but i only talked to a couple "sleeping people" that didnt want to wake up but after talking to you guys i realize it wasnt the wisest thing to do, so i stopped approaching people. but i did accidentally find someone that is interested probably as much as i do. Will see how thats gonna turn out.
Well like i told you previously i really dont know much about meditation.My question was reasoning from that pyramid shape object that i red about in the peace meditation, just thought it could be connected but i doubted it.
Yes i know you might see some pictures in my slide show that are related to meditation, they are just there as a reminder for me just in case i stop trying for a few days . Also about the quotes, they just make a lot of sense to me.(hoping that im not going wrong with them)

regards,
Lucky guy
1luckyguy

Mehraein62

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi to All
I wonder if I can find 12 Afirmation according to Billy, any how?

Thanks
Best Regards
Salome

Scott

Post Number: 1388
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 02:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mehraein62,

http://forum.figu.org/us/messages/13/6827.html#POST24713

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page