Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

"Attacking Questions from Japan"

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » "Attacking Questions from Japan" « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Older MessagesSavio12 11-30-00  07:50 am
Archive through October 03, 2016Cpl23 10-03-16  11:32 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Cpl

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 06:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In my post 815 above the 746 years in the third line should be 742 years. I don't have editing rights so cannot change it there.
Chris

Use fully to the best both heart and head and never lose either.

Matcha

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2021 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not sure where to best post this, here or in the General section. Since it relates to Japan and Billy's only comments on the satori experience, however, I will post it here.

After mentioning my satori experience here some years ago, someone suggested I ask Billy about it. I never felt the need or knew quite how to articulate the question. Just recently, though, I read the "fine-spiritual-perception" pdf (fine-creation-energy-perception?)and was very surprised to note it explained in succinct terms exactly the consciousness upon experiencing satori. I couldn't have explained it better myself. So I asked Billy via a rather long email to Christian.

Here is an abridged version of my question and Billy's full, if short, answer via Christian:

The satori experience is when powerful energies rush up through the body and into the brain in a very short period of time, creating what feels like a merging of consciousness with everything that is, a feeling of being completely at one with everything. A permanent change occurs, and there is no returning to the previous state. Satori usually happens after considerable periods of meditation. I realise from the experience that there are different levels to it and that it must be potentially possible for vast sections of the populace to experience it in one form or another if not everyone who wishes it. It is a beautiful change but very misunderstood and hoards of people heap inappropriate responses of almost if not actual admiration or adoration for those who have experienced it, and this is, in my opinion, entirely out of place and should be avoided. I had to break off communicating with a few people who insisted on calling me “master” some years ago. As we know, putting people on such pedestals is completely inappropriate since we all are our own masters.

After the satori experience, a specific type of consciousness is present that I have until now defined to various acquaintances as one’s inner core ever-present or permanent consciousness, the essential nature of what one is beyond the personality, or the eternal nature of one’s being, at least in this lifetime and presumably upon dying. It seems oneself is not present, in as much as there are no thoughts, feelings or even awareness of self, other than feeling like a spirit or consciousness just moving along when one walks alone in quietude. Or the feeling of the breath as it comes in and out of the body. The final paragraphs on the meditator in the article “Fine-Spiritual-Perception” explain it perfectly.

I wonder, Billy, if you have any comments on the satori experience and the resulting consciousness. Perhaps you have commented somewhere that I’ve not yet seen. I see you wrote the above on 4 May 1991 and it is my first time ever to see it. Or perhaps you are unfamiliar with this satori experience? It is not a trance state, and no visions or audio sounds are a part of it (though it seems some who do not control the mind may experience these). There was an apparent rushing or roaring sound within as the energy races up the body. A minor form of this sound can be heard by some people when creating a little tension by simply gritting the teeth.

Thank you, again.
Salome.
Chris Lock

Here is Christian and Billy's reply:

Hello Chris

In the meantime (at last) I could talk with Billy about your letter. Here's what he said:

He never occupied himself with that Japanese satori experience.

Regarding those 3 excerpts from "Introduction to Meditation" (page 342 and 344), or rather the state of "Körperlosigkeit" / Feeling of Bodylessness:

It's a mergence (Verschmelzung) with everything that lives, a co-existence with everything. Actually the exact experience cannot be described, but just experienced. If a person makes/has this experience, he/she knows. There's no thinking, not thoughts. Everything is perception (Wahrnehmung).

Kind regards and Salome
Christian

All I will add is that the final paragraph explains exactly the consciousness resulting from the satori experience.
Perhaps the pdf has been or will be retitled Fine Creation-Energy Perception?
Chris

Peace in wisdom be on Earth and among all creatures.

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 1355
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2021 - 08:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chris, thanks for sharing that. I think I have experienced what Billy describes.

Some years ago, while the questions to Billy section was open, I had come across an explanation from Quetzal that really sparked something in me and I had to investigate for myself.

So I walked around a park contemplating Quetzal's words and at one point, which indeed was just like meditating, I had a profound realization of what it means to be a human being, our interrelationship with each other and all that exists.

Indeed, it has changed me, as a human being and the recognition of what that is, what it means and its inherent oneness with everything and everyone.

I also recognized the law of love and the law of fairness, which is recognizable through the evolution of the consciousness.

In the questions to Billy, BEAM answered in the affirmative, telling me to now "act accordingly". This is something everyone needs to experience.

I dream of the day that everyone on Earth is studying the spiritual teaching, because when that happens, life on Earth will be a paradise.
Salome,
Eddie

In the *Goblet of the Truth* there it says:
Live always in love and in peace, foster freedom and harmony on Earth and never forget the real truth. Foster your life always in goodness of heart and live in the true BEING of the Creation. The *Goblet of the Truth* will wake you, not to the bane - but to the boon. (pg.3)

Matcha

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, July 15, 2021 - 09:51 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry for the delay, Eddie. Only just saw this. Yes, act accordingly indeed. I had many similar but different experiences when younger. Satori is like the Mythic Death that Joseph Campbell lectured on in his college classes throughout his life and that is found in his books. It is what the Buddha experienced -- or what is written as being his experience when for him in a mythic sense the forces of mara attack in a fierce battle that ends the former self. We see the same images of the powerful energies, that course up through the body and into the brain, killing death itself (as it was thought of, as a concept, as a fear) strewn throughout Asia in countless pictures and icons.

The "blowing out of the candle" is another metaphor because once the flame is gone, it is completely gone and nothing like when the flame was flickering there. That metaphor also elicits the peaceful state and the end of restlessness. Another metaphor is "reaching the other shore" because one has arrived and there is no going back, ever. The consciousness never returns to the former state. Of course, one is in no way perfect or better, because life then truly begins again with all its adventures and lessons to be learned including mistakes to be made and learned from, just as Billy says. As has been popularly said by those who have experienced it, "After enlightenment the laundry."

I have sometimes wondered why Billy and the Plejaren have never precisely mentioned this experience and permanent change in consciousness. Perhaps, and only perhaps, they were born already like it, so there's nothing for them to experience there. But with no specific comments, again, perhaps not, as Billy did have to travel and study many things including meditation in India.

I look forward to the day when everyone is doing their best to fully live the spiritual teaching. That's one reason I love The Way to Live: It expresses living the teaching in daily life.

Studying is one thing, doing, and living it is another. Still, the study comes first, and we will all get there. It is just a matter of time, and there is time enough in the age of the universe, and even within two millennia from now on this planet to see everyone living it to the best of their ability. It helps to remind oneself of this knowing how much hardship must transpire in the near future. As the other popular metaphor says, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Chris

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 1705
Posted on Friday, July 16, 2021 - 12:17 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beautifully expressed - Thank you, Chris.

The many moments of being surrounded by complete and never-ending peace.
Yes, one still carries on in this “make-belief” world.
But it is as a growing observer: One watches the “I”. And the world.
The restless “greed is good” consciousness is gone for good.
There is the knowledge of this and that.
And there is the knowledge of all knowledge.
Oneness.

Salome, Bill

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 1706
Posted on Saturday, July 17, 2021 - 07:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is the knowledge that all reality is united in one creative principle.

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 1707
Posted on Wednesday, July 21, 2021 - 03:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Imagine ….

Imagine all your lives as portraits hung up in an art gallery.
There is peace. There is harmony. There is golden sunshine.
Think of your “real you” as a curious visitor.
Who slowly walks down the long alley way.
Stopping shortly at each painting.
Moving his eyes - for a moment - into the eyes of each person’s painting.
To explore – for a tiny moment – the hustle and bustle of the life the portrayed person lived.
All his senses! All his desires! All his ups and downs!
But then you take a deep breath. And move your eyes back out again.
And you are so glad when you feel this great peace again.
That this is the true reality. That is with your true being.
And you think to yourself:
These many “personalities” that you “lived” – are they not but the dreams you had -
In these make belief dreams.
Which you called “life”… ?

Bill

(Explaining the term “Make Belief World” in post 1705)

Matcha

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, September 02, 2021 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for your comments, Eddie and Bill. Again uni duties kept me away for a while.
Chris

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page