Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through July 21, 2009

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Translations » Archive through July 21, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Redbeard

Post Number: 98
Posted on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 08:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do agree that there must be careful responsibility to the accurate translation of the material. There is also the large task of putting the material as a whole into a comprehensible body of coherent, teachable and duplicatable form to help bring those open to truth along the path of spiritual evolution as quickly as possible!

I think the urgent need of this planet is obvious, but just like any form of communication and education the materials must be presented to a person in an organized way that is perhaps a bit lacking with so many bits and pieces of the meier material to be studied and interpreted by any seeker.

Many people that I know personally would not go to the trouble to pour over all the related documents as we all have and are. I don't advocate spoon feeding lazy and uninterested folks, it just seems quite an undertaking for limited minds to grasp without much guidance.

I ran across this from the A.A. as to the urgent need.

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/The_Spiritual_Teachings

(2. While most of mankind here on Earth lies in a deep abyss of ignorance and of consciousness' enslavement, it has become an urgent necessity, through thorough investigations, to find the causes of mankind's decline, and to demonstrate this to human beings in a correct, clear, and revealing message and lesson.

Matthew Beattie

Marcela

Post Number: 185
Posted on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 09:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jun:

I really think that Billy was talking to him in his own terms; in religious terms to convince him to join the trip because they needed his presence. Because Jitschi was Christian; Billy was phrasing the famous quote that I heard all the time too. Billy was not talking about a Plejaren Ishwish, but the Christian God.
Salome,
Marcela.

Borthwey

Post Number: 115
Posted on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 11:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jun,

The word “God” is used and understood by many as a synonym of Creation, more than as a deity. So, even though the original God or Gods were just human beings, since it was later claimed that they were Creation themselves, the word for whoever meant “Creation” became “God”.

“God helps those who help themselves” is just a common saying which will prove valid whether one believes in a deistic God or not (those who do can claim that whatever they regard as help has come from their choosen imaginary entity). It means that since Creation is not something that is separate from you, you may be helped by it through “chance” ocurrences but you will also have to become an active part of what you want to achieve.

“God” has become a completely imaginary concept and has such it's both meaningful and meaningless. You can appropriate the word and give it any meaning you want. I think that it's all about what you decide that it means, more than what the origin of the word was...
David

Earthling

Post Number: 271
Posted on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jun ... imo, Billy was simply using an expression that Jitschi would understand immediately, rather than introducing 'Creation'. There was no time for explaining creation and the subsequent necessary digestion of that concept in Jitschi, in the situation they found themselves in.

Sanjin

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elreyjr,

I think that the statement was meant figuratively. He was talking to the guy using terms which Jitschi could comprehend. Basically he just gave the person the advice to help himself instead of waiting and praying to get help from external sources.

If Billy started talking to him about the Creation, Jitschi would not understand the advice.

Sanjin

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, July 04, 2009 - 05:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Indi,
I am not part of the FIGU translation team, but I have corresponded with Marc Juliano a few months ago about my willingness to help out with the translation process. Now I want to see if there are other guys and gals who feel competent in English/German and would like to contribute.

Currently, I'm throwing out some ideas to see what you guys think before corresponding again with Marc. Also, I am not aware that there is a official FIGU translation team for the Kelch der Wahrheit, besides the one translator. From what I know, the "Documents in Progress" section is for individual documents, while I heard that the preliminary translations for the Kelch der Wahrheit will be posted publicly.

That is why I think that there should be a place where people can post their comments and recommendations for the translations. It would not be orderly to have many people post on this board or send e-mails. It would just be too hard to work through all the comments. But then again, maybe I'm just overestimating the number of people who are actually willing to contribute to a good cause.

Marcela

Post Number: 186
Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 02:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sanjin:

I also wanted to help with translations into Spanish, because while we have some books in English, there are none in Spanish. So I wrote to the person in charge, and they answered that only native speakers of German can do translations. The native speaker then learns the language, and this is how Figu is doing their translations. But of course, there is a section on this forum to submit errors and mistakes in translations. The only thing we can do is proofread the books and let them know about terms and words incorrectly used.

Here is the section:

http://forum.figu.org/us/messages/2200/9155.html?1240107538
Salome,
Marcela.

Elreyjr

Post Number: 46
Posted on Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings,

thank you for your thought and clarifications.

Jun

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 800
Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear all,

Thanks to all of those of you who expressed appreciation for Vivienne's and my work.

Just to let you know that I just emailed pages 338-341 of Asket's Explanations off to www.futureofmankind.co.uk and also to Jose & Michael for their information.

It's nice to see the story on Jame's site, but it would be even nicer :-) to see all these little pearls strung seamlessly together into one continuing block of text, since the threads are a little hard to follow. But I agree with the idea that serious students will make the effort. And nice work, James! I'm glad to have a place to send this work, which will continue apace well into the future, if all goes according to plan. And when Asket's stories end, there will be lots more. I'm working on the glossary of Billy's recent fluidal forces book at the moment, in which he reveals the reality of every imaginable, and several unimaginable, human powers of consciousness - conventionally misunderstood to be "paranormal", "supernatural", "miraculous", "magical" and so forth. You will be astonished.

Salome,
Dyson

Thomas

Post Number: 672
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 04:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dyson, I know that you and I have not always been on the best terms, but I would like to say that you are kind to share your efforts with everyone. I already have the things you have recently translated but unfortunately am not as skilled in the German language as you. On that note I just want to give you a kind word because it is very unselfish of you to continually share of the knowledge you have access to that others don't yet have. Thank you...

Thomas

Ramirez

Post Number: 220
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 06:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jamesm.

James.
Regarding your recent entry about Lobsang Rampa.
Just a brief note that from somewhere (dont recall) I read a statement that Lobsang Rampa is a purely ficticious character created by someone named Cyril ...... (surname was quoted) from England.
Apparently Cyril wrote the Rampa books in his backyard shed.
Cheers.

Ramirez

Post Number: 221
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 07:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dyson.

Looking forward to the next episode, thanks for your continued efforts :-)

"I'm working on the glossary of Billy's recent fluidal forces book at the moment, in which he reveals the reality of every imaginable, and several unimaginable, human powers of consciousness - conventionally misunderstood to be "paranormal", "supernatural", "miraculous", "magical" and so forth. You will be astonished."

This should be most interesting.

What particularly absorbs me at present is the work of Dr Erik Pearl and Reconnective healing which from personal experience is not exactly anchored in purely human consciousness related principles.
Maybe in that body of knowledge regarding fluidal forces passed on by Billy would be some usefull information to help solve the mystery.
Cheers.

Paarth

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its difficult to put into words how amazing and unique one's life becomes every time a significant translation enters our thought process. Hours, days, years of thought-provoking logical food for thought best digested slowly.

Thanks so much for all you all do.
Paarth

Jamesm

Post Number: 151
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 05:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Dyson and Viv! Your translations are highly valuable. Hope the Tasmanian Tigers dont harass you. Not to mention the devils....

Your translation is already on the Wiki although I may split it up into 3 separate articles soon.

Ramirez, interesting what you said about Rampa/Cyril. I think I came across the truth about him a while back on another website. I read quite a few of his books years ago in my late teens and they were quite convincing to my gullible mind at the time. His stories/"facts" about things such as how his third eye (the pineal gland perhaps) was "opened" using an operation with a natural local anaesthetic straight through the forehead, the domestic cat supposedly being from another planet long ago (where they were as advanced as us but chose to mutate into their current form), an ancient derelict undermountain alien base with a super healing pool and cryogenically stored bodies ready for incarnation by spiritforms who cant be bothered with going through childhood, known only to certain lamas etc etc. He was entertaining but is there conclusive proof that he is a fraud? Billy said he doesnt know him.

http://forum.figu.org/us/messages/12/5659.html#POST16679

I'm trying to think about whether any info from Billy contradicts what I can remember were in Rampa's books but cannot recall anything that does contradict him off the top of my head. Rampa's claims about cats being an ancient intelligent race? Surely thats false because we know races dont degenerate to that degree (from humanoid to four-legged), or do they?

Peace
James G. T. Moore
Webmaster www.futureofmankind.co.uk

Ramirez

Post Number: 222
Posted on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

James.

Cats were considered sacred in ancient Egypt where they were utilized by the priests as "watchdogs" in temples to guard texts, statues, jewelry etc being apparently more reliable than anything else available.
Rampa may have expanded on this theme as he seems to have with others & woven them into his stories.
From what I recall Cyril made some deathbed confessions about his writings.
The books publishers apparently knew nothing as manuscripts were delivered by post or a mysterious woman who simply dropped them off.

In one of the Rampa books is a warning about overpopulation.

Whilst I haphazardly read through a couple Rampa books in my early teen years without becoming convinced Erich Von Daniken's Return To The Stars and Chariots Of The Gods caught my attention big time.

BTW.
Carlos Castaneda is also ficticious.
Cheers.

Redbeard

Post Number: 103
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 06:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The biggest point with the rampa credibility to overcome is the transmigration issue. He claimed to replace the spirit of cyril with his previous rampa/tibetan monk one.

There is a lot of technical issues to work out there besides just tying the silver cord! Maybe a little research with a dash of mental instability thrown in to cook up a good idea.
Matthew Beattie

Cpl

Post Number: 445
Posted on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One area where Rampa and Billy clearly disagree is their respective descriptions of what happens after death. Rampa's descriptions are decidedly Spiritualist in content -- going to some other realm, meeting other spirits and talking with them etc before coming back for another life. That is completely different from What Billy says and what my own experience of the Mythic Death brings and implies. There are no amorphous personality spirits gallivanting around communicating with all and sundry on the spirit level before being reincarnated.

The alleged Cyril identity is an old "explanation" that may have truth to it. It's certainly popular among all theologists as it means they can just conveniently relegate Rampa's ideas/teachings(?) to the trash heap. The alleged bed-ridden confession is also a convenient "write off" that can only lack any proof as the subject is not there to defend himself.

One real doubt about Rampa is his inability to produce any Tibetan writing when asked; instead he produced, while people weren't watching, what was actually some Chinese characters. He later claimed the transmigration had made his hands and other limbs move differently in the different body and so he'd lost the ability. That sounds like a pretty weak defense and highly unlikely to me.

As Redbeard noted that really comes down to the transmigration of souls issue.

I tend to think that transmigration is impossible. It's that idea which led to the ridiculous idea of the "Walk ins" of New Age pop.

Billy has said that at the instant of death the spirit leaves the body, and the instant the spirit leaves the body is dead, does not, and cannot come back to life. For a transmigration of souls -- what Meier calls "spirits" -- to occur the body would have to be left if only for a microsecond without a spirit in order for the next to come in. Personally, I do not see this process of transmigration as possible, and that's the way I interpret what Billy says on this matter.

Also Rampa said guides were present to assist in the transmigration process. If the Plejaren cannot bring a spirit in to a body I do not see how any supposed guides that most likely do not exist in the form described during the process by Rampa could do so. The spirit is guided by Creation itself into the life form it is to inhabit. Of course Rampa might just have argued (although he didn't) that that was the case and the guides were just assisting. I don't think Creation needs assisting. If that was what It wanted It could have found a way to do so alone.

BTW I have all Rampa's books and once wrote to him and received a reply after he was confined to bed. IMO his main contribution was to help people of the 60s and 70s to think and expand their horizons. Surely for many it was easier reading Billy's material after being primed on Rampa's.

I tend to think the Ps would say Rampa's work is all worthless. They don't mince their words, do they? For them it probably would all seem totally worthless, anyway. And perhaps it was all just made up by someone who could write engaging books. One version says Cyril -- or the other alleged "real name" as there's also another -- did go to Tibet and acquire some knowledge there, but who knows?

Best,

Chris

Ramirez

Post Number: 223
Posted on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 02:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CPL.

The greatest social damage from such writings is the continued support for the existence spirit guides, guardian angels, ascended masters sort of ficticious entities which have religious origins & connections.
The new age healing & spiritual guidance industry is literally bulging with various sects & practitioners claiming an ability to connect with, utilize the wisom of and even help clients obtain the personal assistance of such entities who are all .... external .... whilst a more tangible though difficult pathway toward growth & awareness is accepting personal responsibility.

Just like papal indulgences of the middle ages spirit guides & angels are simply a commercial scam designed to take advantage of the naive.
Cheers.

Cpl

Post Number: 446
Posted on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 08:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quite so, Ramirez. And others through ignorance, knowing no better, just believe it all and parrot the delusions on to yet others. Still others have hallucinations of such fueled by their own erroneous beliefs. Beliefs and thoughts can and do fuel visions just as they fuel dreams.

Chris

Curlymoses

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, July 18, 2009 - 02:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've read books by Carlos Castaneda, Florinda Donner Grau, Taisha Abelar, Merilyn Tunneshende, and Lujan Matus. Beautiful, funny, direct writing I found full of feeling. I see many key similarities between the figu spiritual teachings and paths of knowledge described in the works of the above authors such as:

1. Take responsibility for one's acts
2. Accept one's fate as a man in humbleness
3. Practice developing keen attention
4. Live one's life with balance and harmony
5. Base knowledge on energetic facts
6. Pursue freedom

Themes that seem in accord with creation, no? Overall, I found broad themes similar to the figu spirit teachings and other Meier writings. Other specific information in common with figu material is incomplete, at best, in my opinion. Perhaps, that is what the authors I mentioned intended since great emphasis in those works is placed on the ideas of abstraction and the infinitude of perception. Any other takes?

J_rod7

Post Number: 974
Posted on Saturday, July 18, 2009 - 03:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Curlymoses,

Good to make acquaintance with you. Welcome to the Forum.

As you rightly point out, there are authors which have come to great perceptions and comprehensions of Spiritual Truths. The fact that this IS the New Age will mean there is an awakening of Spiritual Knowledge coming into the entire Human population.

Certain writers of Philosophical, Science, Social, and Spiritual themes have pierced the dogma of the "old-school" thinkers by virtue of their Logical thinking and insights.

Authors such as Paramahansa Yogananda, Carlos Castenada, Alan Watts, Lobsang Rampa are included in my own early library from many years ago, along with Lao Tzu, W.Y.Evans-Wentz, Jane Roberts, Jose Arguelles, and Robert A. Monroe, among others. For me, these writers and thinkers were invaluable in a Spiritual awakening which showed me that the churches had it all wrong. This was part of my path by which I was able to recognize the Truth in the Teachings from the Plejarens when I first encountered the Contact Notes in the late 70's and early 80's.

It would be a mistake to ignore the ideas of those expressing the Spiritual Wisdom from their own efforts.

My take.

In Peace ... Salome

You say you want an Evolution, well you know, we're all doing what we can. -(Beatles revamped)
Rod

Earthling

Post Number: 274
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://us.figu.org/portal/Default.aspx

Hot off the presses .. the first four chapters of The Goblet of Truth, have been translated into English.

J_rod7

Post Number: 978
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Earthling, Thank You VERY much for the "heads-up" on The Goblet of Truth

Truth must come before Peace

Salome

You say you want an Evolution, well you know, we're all doing what we can. -(Beatles revamped)
Rod

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page