Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through March 02, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Misc. Discussions on The Mission » Archive through March 02, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Phenix

Post Number: 315
Posted on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 12:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peace in wisdom be with you!

Dear Wildberg,
Are you familiar with 'Desiderata'?
http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Desiderata_%28Desirable_and_Vital_Items%29

Salome.

Wildberg

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 02:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi guys, thanks for your responses.

Sanjin,

Yes, I think most school books are easy to read, and even books higher up in academia. That is not to say I grasp all the content right away or anything like that. It's just that it's laid out in a pedagogical manner and in clear, concise language. If Meier's material is truly an example of clear and pedagogical texts, I think myself and a whole lot of other people would have to completely change their paradigm of what those qualities are.

And what is the likelihood of those people's perceptions about clarity and pedagogy, that have developed and been refined for ages, are in the wrong?

Markcampbell

Post Number: 321
Posted on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you use words like pedagogy , then naturally you would want the material to be more complex and inaccessible .

Rarena

Post Number: 553
Posted on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 03:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How pedantically ostentatious... eh eh... Happy Holidays...

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 178
Posted on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 06:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The word 'pedagogy' itself is a fine and common enough word, and dictionaries are available to all Americans, at least in libraries or electronically by means of the internet. There may well be better and clearer words for such things, though, which are not of Greek, but of English origin.

In German, all language is much simpler because most German words avail of only a few thousand basic, concrete concepts which are expanded through recombination and a very liberal syntax into a full and perfect communication-means (the means being perfect does not imply that the understanding is perfect, since that is not entailed by the means alone).

You must learn German and free yourself of your weak understanding. Then, Billy's writings be not a pain, but the easiest and clearest writs of philosophy you have ever been opportuned to know.

If you already know German, then you must just be an illiterate idiot, or someone who has no business sowing pointless and petty arguments on this forum.

Salome,

- Matthew

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 179
Posted on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 06:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wildberg,

And, you make a weak argument from human consensus as to what is clear and pedagogical, that does not even have a whit of truth to it anyhow. Other authors with a similar style to Billy are, for example, Socrates, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa, Paracelsus, Jmmanuel, and Ezekiel, all of whom were extraordinarily wise. It may be therefore, that you are merely too stupid to see the truth in its simplicity, because of your overgrown and weedy, confused, entangled intellect.

Salome,

- Matthew

Earthling

Post Number: 343
Posted on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 04:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wildberg ... maybe you aren't that interested in what Meier has to say or the subject matter, and that's why you find it 'a pain to read' and therefore suspicious. Or maybe it conflicts with what you currently believe to be true so there is some cognitive dissonance on your part.

You certainly are not being forced to continue reading Meier material. You have chosen to take a stab at it and its all up to you whether you continue or go on your way.

Bronzedesk

Post Number: 53
Posted on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 07:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down. George Burns

Tobi

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Earthling
I agree with you and i had also a strange feeling about that 'pain to read' and asking myself how on earth someone should not recognize the absolute genius of the teachings over all ages, what academic zombie should deny the quality of that?
thanx for your post, you made my water feel good again.
Salome Tobi

Kingman

Post Number: 721
Posted on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The problem Wildberg, is not the system academia has utilized for its preservation of its knowledge, its the forced adherence to the established 'truths', fearfully adhered to. Once the stranglehold on the higher learning academy's are removed, we will surely be faced with knowledge being transfered in unique and unorthodox methods.

The attitude of "stay between the lines" has a controlling, stagnant effect compared to, "outside the box". Are Billy's stories "outside the box"? At this point I would say, 'yes'. Billy's managed to re-insert into our present what a truly humane civilization requires for it to evolve. It might be to simple of a concept for your advanced academic thinking.

Understanding the depth of 'wrong thinking' that continues to proliferate on our planet shows the need of simple, repetitive, and logical statements to help begin loosening the deeply impacted illogic the fear feeders have fed the masses.

The pain is in giving up your illusion of your savior and begin paying attention to the effects of your causes. The pain you allude to sounds more like fear, of course, IMO.
a friend in america
Shawn

Sitkaa

Post Number: 125
Posted on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 08:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just to throw another nut into the peanut gallery, I agree with Wildberg. The Meier material could be presented differently in an effort to make it more accessible to most people.

I have had the same argument with people who were developing Linux, and received the same responses, and look where that got us ; )
Love is always the way

Edward

Post Number: 1597
Posted on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 01:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Wildberg and All...

To some point I agree with Wildberg and to some point with the rest of you
all.

I have translated the TJ into Dutch in the past, and even the TJ has some very
'upgraded vocabulary'...definitions! What, came into mind, was: HOW can the
average Dutch individual comprehend the contents of this grand book!? With
such 'upgraded' language. I even told this to the individual who was going
edit it with me, at the time.

So, to some point, indeed, a dictionary would be wise, to One's reading of the
book; which would be quite logical for those with less comprehension factor of
what is written. In general, the Meier materials does have to be read a number
of times to comprehend (some of) the point(s). Every individual his/her own
pace and level of reading it.

That is WHY, I try to explain my input as - simple - as I can, in my postings;
so that Everyone...can understand it. [It is not the quantity that counts...
but...the quality!; Ptaah, has similar philosophy.]

And, we have to understand, that Billy (and Plejarans and Spirit Levels) want
the Teachings and all related to be translated in the most precise and
perfect, and comprehensible English, possible. Due, to the Teachings being of
such Value...it DOES...deserve such Destiny; and not be treated such as the
False Biblical writings, etc., of: Manyfold Distortions.

Thus, if One does have to utilize a dictionary whilst reading the Meier
materials: WHY not? It/this will only strengthen and expand One's Vocabulary!
Which is Positive! Thus, One learns from...what is being told/read, and two: a
greater access Library in One's own Vocabulary, will accumulate.

Pleasant Reading....

Edward.

Sanjin

Post Number: 93
Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 04:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Edward.

You may already be aware of it, but there are certain regulations which FIGU has for distributing translated material, especially for larger works like the TJ. I highly recommend that you to consult with Christian Frehner.

If the book was translated from the english version, you should be aware that this version is also not quite a perfect translation, so the errors are bound to compound if it is not translated from the original source.

Also, I completely agree with you that a dictionary should always be handy. The point is to expand one's consciousness, is it not?

Regards.
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Markjr

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 09:27 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I was wondering how long till the questions to Billy thread is opened back up?

Well I'll ask everyone here about this question.

Anyone know who is actually contacting Dr. Steven Greer (the guy from the disclosure project, CSETI, and the orion project)?

He has a footage of them (them meaning us or et).
Plus he sounds like he actually wants to help but I would like to know what his real agenda is if there is a hidden one, if anyone knows.

Thanks everyone!

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 907
Posted on Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 06:40 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Markjr, and a warm welcome,

My name's Dyson and my partner Vivienne and I were, according to the Disclosure Project, their "best" Official Representatives until whoever pulls CSETI's strings evidently decided that getting close to the REAL ETs (Billy's contacts) was a really bad idea, so we were summarily dismissed from the Disclosure Project, which we still support in an unofficial capacity. We never supported CSETI (and their moronic infra-red time exposure photographs of moths in flight, etc.), which is quite clearly WELL over into the "dark side" at this point, obviously in an effort to poison the good that the DP witnesses are trying to do, through "guilt by association".

http://www.theyfly.com/gaia/cseti.htm

There's more here, and various scraps are in various other places. http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/gaiaguys/CSETIneedstoknow.htm

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/gaiaguys/ufology.htm (scroll down a bit)

I was also asked by the DP to provide testimony.
http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/gaiaguys/radar.story.htm

A short answer to your direct question: "Anyone know who is actually contacting Dr. Steven Greer?"

My well-educated guess is: corporate and/or CIA/Mossad's mind-control devices and fake (terrestrial) beamships, etc.

Salome,
Dyson

Markjr

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, February 08, 2010 - 04:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Gaiaguysnet,

Lots of information that I will look into that you posted and thanks for the information. I figure it has to be us contacting him. I might have some more questions after I go looking at this information but I might not.

Also, on a side note, I like how there are tons of people here who are intelligent.

Thanks again Gaiaguysnet!
Salome!!

Elreyjr

Post Number: 99
Posted on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 02:22 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings Jonsie,

Is there any news how come this Youtube source of audio file on Meier materials no longer works?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sukofu#p/u/92/-XEHLhYasE8

Jun

Sonik_01

Post Number: 126
Posted on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 06:36 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jun,

It works just fine on my machine. You should check your plug-ins or check your drivers for the program you arte using and see if they are up to date. I don't know uch about computers though.

Sonik

Elreyjr

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 03:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings Sonik,

You are right, it is my system. It must have been a poor internet connection/signal. Many thanks.

Jun

Jonzie

Post Number: 55
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 08:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just retried the link. It does work. Try another way in.
Old way:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sukofu#p/u/92/-XEHLhYasE8

new way, main page:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sukofu
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth."

Michael_horn

Post Number: 160
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2010 - 09:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want to support the idea that we basically ignore Korff. As some of you know, he's coming out with a big attack on the Meier case and lots of people associated with it. This is exactly as Ptaah had warned.

Ptaah said some things that I didn't publish in my rebuttal to him (http://theyfly.com/For_the_Record.htm) before and I think his comments reflect a level of knowledge and understanding that certainly exceeds that of our best psychiatrists, etc. So Ptaah's assessment that Korff:

"...in his maniacal delusion,... is suffering from a consciousness-related disorder connected with delusion, respectively that he is paranoid to a high degree. Besides, he is a selfish intriguer not accessible to reason, who is full of hatred against you (Billy) and is slanderously trying with all dishonest means to accuse you of lying and cheating, and trying to let the truth of our contacts appear in the same light of lies and cheating.... and to curse you worldwide again with slanderous claims of lying and cheating."

...paints a very clear picture of an enormously disturbed individual, who is bringing down upon himself the inevitable fruits/effects of his vile labors. I suggest that we don't stand in the way of his self-destruction and that we only respond if absolutely necessary.

A couple of months ago, when I withdrew from his project, he told me that he got "more than 200 emails" from people criticizing me, etc. The funny thing is that I never got even one such email, literally, despite how easy I am to find and contact.

He is clearly a legend only in his own disturbed mind and, unless there really are covert forces supporting his efforts, I doubt that most people will see, or actually care at all about, what he has to say, including many UFO skeptics.

I will tell you though that should his attacks gather any steam, I am already prepared with a succinct rebuttal, as well as an article from Chris Lock that totally scuttles the attempts by Korff's cohort, Phil Langdon, to show that the WCUFO was a model, etc.

So I concur with ignoring him. We can monitor and assess what actual impact/importance his latest sick machinations actually have and respond accordingly, only should a response really be warranted.

Earthling

Post Number: 390
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 04:02 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MH - thanks for the update. I agree with your plan.

Such lunatics as whats-his-name, thrive off attention and drive themselves nuts sooner without the feedback they misconstrue as validation to fuel their passion gone wrong.

As is said, if so much mud is thrown against a wall, some may stick; but until then, ignoring such persons will cause them to stew in their own vile juices.

Memo00

Post Number: 414
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 04:25 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mike

i agree with ignoring him

Billy has always said that it is the persons that are against him the ones that have brought more attention and thus helped him

Its like one time here that the church wanted to ban a movie and started a campaign against it, this caused a big controversy and the result was that the movie became the most seen in the history of mexican films...

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page