Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through September 18, 2011

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Meditation » Archive through September 18, 2011 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Michael_horn

Post Number: 406
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 04:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Hector gets a big gold star for this one.

Sitkaa

Post Number: 492
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 06:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jacob.
Fur leben.

Bronzedesk

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If any ability at all that I have tried to use and to help in correcting my thinking process has simply been one word... discernment above all else!
Creation doesn't give us what we want! We give creation what it ultimately needs!

Egerrt

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 04:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Sonik_01 for a good, detailed answer.

Sonik_01

Post Number: 224
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 07:34 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very well said, Hector!!

Jacob

Post Number: 649
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 03:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hector, that is right on the money, very well said.
Salome,
Jacob

Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona!

Adonna

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 09:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, Hector.

Hector

Post Number: 652
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 04:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you all for your support and for the flower garden, lol...my post was inspired by certain lessons from the book "Meditation from clear sight". I have not read Macht der Gedanken yet (The power of thought/s) by Billy, which may develop this topic about learning how to care, structure and order our thought world) in an even more detailed way. Billy and Ptaah constantly speak about the urgent need of developing and growing two factors called Vernunft und Verstand, which could be translated as "Understanding and reason/judgement". These two factors alone are vital in order to learn how to think in a correct, balanced, neautral way. Reason and understanding need incessant, never-ending practice, repetition until mastery.

VERSTAND (understanding, comprehension cognition, ability to perceive reality as it is, and not as it appears to be) can be improved applying certain basic advices:

- Excluding, discarding prejudices, cliches, ill-preconceived opinions. Be open to all possibilities and sources of information regardless of their origin. Evaluate all sources of information in a neutral, balanced way, without prejudices.

- Patience. Do not untimely or prematurely jump into conclusions. Take your time to evaluate and process the information that enters your mind through your senses.

- Be thorough, be detailed when you study, evaluate or analyze the information passing through your senses. If possible, let your consciousness do exhaustive (the contrary as light,flippant) evaluation of the information passing through your senses. Rigorous auditing of your thought patterns.

- Clarity and lucidity need a good health, a psyche in good condition and psychological/emotional balance. If you are permanently stressed and overloaded, overburdened, you won't achieve too many moments of clarity, clearness of thought, lucidity.

VERNUNFT (reason, judgement, sound sense, sanity, ability to associate simple, complex, concrete and abstract information/events and extract conclusions/lessons from it, alignment with common sense) can be improved with the following advices, according to my own experience;

- Participation and debate. Just compare what you know to what others know. If what you know is incorrect or incomplete, then correct or expand it with information provided by others.

- Alignment with common sense. In case of doubt and lack of answers, you should align with common sense. Common sense in my opinion can be described as intuition associated with experience (wisdom).

- Alignment with Creation's laws (principles). In case of doubt or lack of answers/experience, to align yourself, to adhere to Creation's laws and principles is always a winner. Best option available.

- Your opinion counts as much as any other "expert" opinion. Do not think as a rule that the "experts" opinion is always better than yours. Do not blindly accept as valid and definitive opinions provided by "experts", but do your own study and research, analyze the facts on your own. Once you have done that, confront your views with the experts' views, compare both and draw a conclusion.

- In case of strong disagreement, inevitable difference of opinion, irresoluble conflicts, let the common good (general interest) prevail. Everything that exists is interconnected in a material, energetical, mental or spiritual way, so the common good's gain is also your gain, even if your ego or your individuality suffers some loss in the process. Being generous means to favor the commong good instead of the ego or individuality. One part loses, the other part gains, = balance.

I don't know if this post would be better located at the Thinking and Thoughts thread. Moderators put it where you consider it is better placed.....Again, a pleasure to share this forum with all of you.

Jacob

Post Number: 654
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 05:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Die blumen sein deine eigene verdienste :-)

Hector, I share the same opinion as you.
Common-sense and reason with knowledge of the natural-creative laws and recommendations are THE most powerful abilities a human can have.

This in combination with knowledge about the so-called 'doppelspharen vorgang' as it is called in the Spirit lessons and deference and reverence, as explained in Genesis, for all that exists is the key to develop oneself in a consciousness-related/spiritual way.

Excellent post Hector.
Salome,
Jacob

Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona!

Pitbb

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unfortunatly not many people can do it. Critical thinking is foreign to them. If people would do honest research they would abolish religions/cults, politics and resolve many problems as overpopulation, greed, hunger, enviroment degradation.
I could not agree more, those "VERSTAND/VERNUNFT" are crutial if planet earth could be transformed to better place to live in. Its a pity that most of people do not grasp this concept.

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 539
Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 08:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hello there jacob, i have an idea and i would just like to hear your opinion to help determine wether i have looked at this matter logically and in a healthy form.

in regards to "Initiation", using the mirror and looking at ones eyes etc...

let us say for example that someone has never heard of the thing you mention, that is initiation. Let's say for example a person had on impulse/urge within him or herself began this act of initiation, only to hear about it 5 or ten years later. Both matter being identical to the other, am i correct in my conclusion that said person would thereby be reacting to impulses coming from his conciousness block?
is there also any significance to the following...
at the time that the person began performing this initiation, it was also occuring in the persons life that he/she began being honest with his/herself in regards to identifying that persons own faults, imperfections, less than spiritualy sound personality traits etc within ones self?

one of the big positive factors that i got from learning of billy and the spiritual teachings was how to identify my own negative traits and habits, and to honestly tell myself "how things are" in regard to myself and my behaviour.
thanks.

i am confident that this is within topic.

Ramirez

Post Number: 600
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 02:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Hector,

Your post 652 is I believe describes and summarizes the concept of expanded consciousness.

Whilst thoughts, ideas, observations constantly pass through a persons mind they are rarely dealt with thoroughly ... as thoroughly as you describe with logically graduated and structured reaches into the subconscious. After a while such processing power becomes normal & habitual .... it's how the minds of Semjase, Quetzal, Ptaah and off course Billy work.

Capacity, attention to detail, that's the difference and position evolution plus meditation eventually delivers. Whilst the mental powers of the principal contact persons might appear magical it's really the result of hard work, dedication and .... constant auditing.

...... a superb post. Thankyou :-)
Cheers.

Edward

Post Number: 2110
Posted on Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 04:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Hector...

Yes, I would agree with all, here.

Your long posts are just a 'breathtaking' as your sort insights!

Very Modest...you are....[Always, read your postings...]

Edward.

Bianca

Post Number: 92
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2011 - 06:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ve been doing meditations for some time and recently i realized how after repeating the S-P 3 times, i continued with only repeating the first sentence from the Spirit prayer: My Geist der du bist in Allmacht.
It felt very natural and somehow comforting & it made me feel calm.
Can anyone shed some light on how and what happens on any level when one tries to affirm the connection between the material consciousness and one's own spirit?
Thank you, b.

Jburris

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 06:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all, and thank you for your insightful discussions across the boards. I've been reading for some time but for the first time I feel compelled to ask help with a persistent issue I've been having.

I have history of being abnormally in tune with things outside of my own understanding. These things include guessing others' mental states, guessing peoples' history with knowing very little about them, and knowing when people lie, and while I'm not proud of it, I've also had a very good sense of how to manipulate people in general. I have always been extremely adept at just "knowing" many things about psychological concepts years ahead of my age which I started noticing in my early teens which was confirmed with some research into [then] current studies in the professional psychology community that was starting to research theories I'd had several years before. In recent years after many years of financial struggle, relationships, and changing priorities I have become increasingly concerned at the lack of such intuition. I have tried meditation many times but I can't focus enough to make it past even the earliest stages.

There are other abnormal things in my childhood but that is all that is needed, I think.

My question is multifaceted, in that I would both like to know what this type of behavior would typically indicate in a spiritual sense, and I would also like to know how one would happen to "lose touch" with such intuitions? Also, if someone knows a lot about this sort of thing could give me substantial advice/coaching through a private message I would appreciate it.

Again, thank you all for your interesting discussion, and especially to those most knowledgeable for their continued dedication to the teachings.

Jason

Indi

Post Number: 625
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2011 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a quick translation of the recent short article by Billy on meditation and meditating that was posted on the BEAM portal. This unofficial translation may contain errors:

http://beam.figu.org/
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/ch/deed.en.

Translation by Robyn Foley 16th September 2011

Meditation and Meditating

14th of September, 2011
Billy

With regard to meditation we must consider that it can have many different meanings and applications, such as logical-analysis (analytical meditation), betrachtend-beschaulich-besinnliche (contemplative meditation), which is in a high degree consciousness-related attentiveness with effort (concentrative meditation), self-immersion in something particular (immersion meditation) and the liberation from awareness (liberation meditation) etc. Especially the liberation meditation is of great importance because the thoughts and feelings (Gefühle) are completely switched off through this way, and one is placed in a state, which is recognised as the pure Empfindungs-state fine-elemental form of perception.In this state the coarse-elemental perception is completely switched off, consequently neither ones own body nor feelings (Gefühle) or the environment are perceived, but only fine-elemental Empfindungen.

This state results in an absolute freedom from all burdens and a oneness with everything and complete endlessness and timelessness, with infinite duration – the All-Great-Time that is, into which the meditator finds himself shifted. The actual freedom from- and Empfindungs-state cannot be described with words, but can be perceived and understood only according to empfindungs-related perception. This state promotes the meditator’s modesty (as in selflessness), the venerability for all existence and the comprehensive understanding of this, as well as true all-encompassing (universal) love, and as well the all-encompassing empfhindungs-related contentment. To explain this, it must be considered that an Empfindung is a transmission from the spiritual Gemüt and has absolutely nothing to do with feelings (Gefühlen) that come from thoughts out of the consciousness area. This form of meditation, through which the all-emcompassing, empfindungs-related contentment develops, is connected also with true all-encompassing love, and is the only one of this kind through which these high values can be attained, and unfortunately, it is not even well known to well-known meditation practitioners at all or only fragments of it are.

If some things are aimed for meditatively, eg., ordinary contentment which is simply founded in a psychological state, that is expressing some thoughts and feelings and they do not appear to be empfindungs-related, then this suffice it to say is the practice of analytical meditation.It is generally also logically-analytically-considered, how detrimental is a lack of contentment to ones’ own thoughts and feelings, as well as on others and the whole environment. It arises of course if it is really analysed, how also thoughts and feelings can affect how healthful contentment should be in all respects. Keep in mind the pros and cons of many forms, because only thereby does it become possible to acquire a capacity for consciousness-mental-feeling-related-psychic contentment and to increase these gradually. However, it is not enough to develop an all-encompassing, empfindungs-related contentment. Any other form of meditation except the liberation-meditation, cannot bring about this kind of contentment, thus also not the immersion-meditation, not the contemplative meditation, not the consciousness-related meditation and also no other. For the so-called ordinary contentment, only the analytical faculty of thought can be applied, and this not least because this one kind of meditation practice exerts a direct influence on the material everyday life, during the meditation exercise. Thereby all forms of behaviours are determined in the material realm of existence, so also those of interpersonal relationships, the behaviour of the plant and animal world etc. as well as in respect of actions and deeds.

SSSC, 20th of May, 2011, 00.04 h, Billy

---------------

Meditation und Meditieren

14. September 2011
Billy

In bezug auf die Meditation muss bedacht werden, dass diese viele verschiedene Bedeutungen und Anwendungsformen haben kann, wie z.B. die logisch-zergliedernde (analytische Meditation), betrachtend-beschaulich-besinnliche (kontemplative Meditation), die in hohem Grad aufmerksame mit bewusstseinsmässiger Anspannung (konzentrative Meditation), die Sich-Versenkung in etwas Bestimmtes (Versenkungs-Meditation) und die Befreiung vom Bewussten (Befreiungs-Meditation) usw. Besonders die Befreiungs-Meditation ist von sehr grosser Bedeutung, denn durch diese werden die Gedanken und Gefühle vollständig ausgeschaltet und wird einem Zustand Platz eingeräumt, der als reiner Empfindungs-Zustand feinstofflicher Form der Wahrnehmung erfasst wird. In diesem Zustand wird die grobstoffliche Wahrnehmung völlig ausgeschaltet, folglich weder der eigene Körper noch Gefühle oder die Umwelt wahrgenommen werden, sondern nur feinstoffliche Empfindungen.

Dieser Zustand ergibt ein absolutes Freisein von allen Belastungen und ein Einssein mit allem und dem Ganzen der Unendlichkeit und Zeitlosen, mit der endlosen Dauer – der Allgrosszeit resp. der Ewigkeit –, in die sich der Meditierende versetzt empfindet. Das Tatsächliche dieses Freiseins- und Empfindungszustandes kann mit Worten nicht beschrieben, sondern nur empfindungsmässig wahrgenommen und verstanden werden. Dieser Zustand fördert im Meditierenden die Bescheidenheit, die Ehrwürdigung für alle Existenz und das umfängliche Verstehen dafür, wie aber auch die wahre allumfassende Liebe und die ebenfalls allesumfassende empfindungsmässige Zufriedenheit. Zur Erklärung hierzu muss bedacht werden, dass eine Empfindung ein Übertragungswert aus dem geistigen Gemüt ist und absolut nichts zu tun hat mit Gefühlen, die aus den Gedanken des Bewusstseinsbereiches entstammen. Diese Meditationsform, durch die eine allesumfassende, empfindungsmässige Zufriedenheit entsteht, die auch mit wahrer allumfassender Liebe verbunden ist, ist die einzige dieser Art, durch die diese hohen Werte erlangt werden können, und leider ist sie selbst namhaften Meditationspraktikern überhaupt nicht oder nur bruchstückweise bekannt.

Werden irgendwelche Dinge meditativ angestrebt, wie z.B. die einfache Zufriedenheit, die einfach darin beruht, dass eine psychische Befindlichkeit gegeben ist, die sich als Gedanken und Gefühl zum Ausdruck bringt und die nicht empfindungsmässig in Erscheinung tritt, dann genügt dafür das Praktizieren der analytischen Meditation. Dabei wird in der Regel auch logisch-zergliedernd darüber nachgedacht, wie nachteilig ein Mangel an Zufriedenheit sich auf die eigenen Gedanken und Gefühle sowie auf die Mitmenschen und die ganze Umwelt auswirkt. Es ergeben sich dabei natürlich, wenn wirklich darüber analysiert wird, aber auch Gedanken und Gefühle, wie heilsam Zufriedenheit sich in allen Belangen auswirken kann und sein muss. So ist das Für und Wider in vielen Formen zu bedenken, denn nur dadurch wird es möglich, eine Fähigkeit zur bewusstseins-gedanklich-gefühlsmässig-psychischen Zufriedenheit zu erlangen und diese nach und nach zu steigern. Doch das genügt nicht, um eine allesumfassende, empfindungsmässige Zufriedenheit zu entwickeln. Auch jede andere Meditationsform, ausser der Befreiungs-Meditation, vermag diese Form der Zufriedenheit nicht herbeizuführen, so also auch nicht die Versenkungs-Meditation, nicht die Kontemplativ-Meditation, nicht die bewusstseinsmässige Konzentrations-Meditation und auch keine andere. Für die genannte einfache Zufriedenheit kann nur das analytische Denkvermögen angewendet werden, und dies nicht zuletzt deswegen, weil diese Art Meditationspraxis während der Meditationsübung einen direkten Einfluss auf das materielle, alltägliche Leben ausübt. Dadurch werden alle im materiellen Bereich des Daseins angesiedelten Verhaltensformen bestimmt, so auch in bezug auf die zwischenmenschlichen Beziehungen, das Verhalten zur Pflanzen- und Tierwelt usw. sowie hinsichtlich von Handlungen und Taten.

SSSC, 20. Mai 2011, 00.04 h, Billy

(Message edited by indi on September 21, 2011)
Salome
Robyn

Rules & Netiquette
http://forum.figu.org/cgi-bin/us/discus.cgi?pg=instructions#rules

Earthling

Post Number: 590
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 06:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Robyn,

Thank you very much for the above translation. Not to take advantage of you (too too much ), would it be possible to translate Billy's previous blog writing http://beam.figu.org/artikel/1315368000/der-mensch-muss-wieder-die-welt-entdecken ??

Using google-translate http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbeam.figu.org%2F&act=url , it seems very poetic. However, while getting the gist of this writing, I know I am missing out on the finer points.

Salome,
Bruce

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 286
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 08:37 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Robyn,

Did you by any chance get the opportunity to translate Bulletin #71?

Salome,
Eddie
[7:-)

Monkafe

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 09:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Robin!

Cameronjamieson

Post Number: 26
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 03:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thankyou Robyn,
Would these be an example of the Meditations

With regard to meditation we must consider that it can have many
different meanings and applications, such as logical-analysis
(analytical meditation), betrachtend-beschaulich-besinnliche
“It is logical that we are not the only reason thinking conscious beings
In our beautiful universe because of the almost incomprehensible size
And diversity as well as similarity with in the universe.”

(contemplative meditation), which is in a high degree
consciousness-related attentiveness with effort
“It is beautiful to think that spirit is behind everything within everything
without everything creating everything”

(concentrative meditation)
To learn one of the 77 meditative cultivation of thoughts and feelings
“In all things that I do, I always take the Creational laws and directives
As my partners.”

self-immersion in something particular (immersion meditation)
To fully understand and become the above statement.

and the liberation from awareness (liberation meditation)
To focus on the breathing to the point where you lose focus, thoughts, feelings
And become aware.

Saalome gum naan ben uurda gun neeber asaala hesporona

Alagna

Post Number: 36
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 07:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Robyn,

I think the thing that many people, including myself, make the mistake in thinking that meditation is one thing. But what we learn from Billy's latest article, is that a lot of people who meditate, are 'missing the boat' so to speak and not doing this "liberation meditation."

I tend to think of meditation as focused attention on a particular subject matter I want to contemplate or analyze. For me personally, I do this type of meditation while walking, or biking or rowing or whatever individual sport I'm into. For example, I might use my exercise walk to focus on Figu subjects and run things I've learned through my head. A lot of times when you combine several things said about the same topic, you get larger realization. But this still is just a material perception.

But this liberation meditation, "...this state the coarse-elemental perception is completely switched off, consequently neither ones own body nor feelings (Gefühle) or the environment are perceived, but only fine-elemental Empfindungen." Obviously, this type of meditation could not be accomplished while taking a walk. So I would guess that this form is best accomplished seated? I also wonder how best to "switch off" the material realm, so to speak? This specific meditation exercise makes me think of Billy's 7 minutes on the great spacer trip when they went into hyperspace, and he was completely experiencing the spiritual realm.

I would love to continue this discussion on these different forms of meditation. Comments from anybody would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Anthony

Alagna

Post Number: 37
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 07:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Eddie,

Honestly, how can you expect so much? This is a huge bulletin. I have noticed that this is the second time you asked this of Robyn.

My friend, in my modest opinion, I think you need to be more self-responsible; and it is hurting you when other people 'feed you by spoon.' I mean brother, send the bulletin through google translate. I have no problem understanding the just from the translation when I did it. You may need to read it several times; reading anything over again and again is good with any translation. Or you should just learn German and do it yourself.

Kind regards,
Anthony

----------
Anthony, thankyou for your concern about the request, however, I think Eddie may be referring to a comment I made about doing a translation of the section from that bulletin about prayer, which I said I would be doing.

Eddie, in fact I have done the translation - although it has not been reviewed by anyone for errors, but It is not appropriate to post it on the forum due to our own guidelines in that regard. I will have to find somewhere to post it and when I do will provide the link.

Robyn

(Message edited by indi on September 18, 2011)

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 287
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 06:59 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Robyn,

I understand.

Anthony,

I can appreciate what you meant and you are correct. I am presently learning German and have a German friend at Northrup Grumman with whom I will practice with when I get half way decent enough, but this is once a week he and I meet for something else for an hour. I do not know how the words I'm learning are spelled since it is conversational German I'm slowly learning. But I'm having fun with it and all things in their time. There's just so much on my plate right now and I sometimes feel overwhelmed. It's just that I have challenges in life I must deal with and any thing that can help me is like water to a thirsty man in the desert. Not to mention my personal studies of the the Goblet of Truth and so on which I must find time for no matter what. Thanks for your input, I can feel you meant well and I appreciate that.

Salome,
Eddie
[7:-)

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page