Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through November 14, 2004

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Meditation » Archive through November 14, 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Zoran_5

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 02:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is Billy`s opinion about transcendental meditation http://www.tm.org? J am practising TM for about 6 years, and have great benefit of this tehnique.

Claes

Post Number: 97
Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 07:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Jacobjn,

I have a question about your point 4 on your preparation list:
"speak half loud the spirit prayer, do this three times, this will cause the spiritual consciousness to be stimulated and connected with the material consciousness."

What is the source of this information? Did Billy write it, say it or is it mentioned somewhere else in the FIGU material?

I feel comfortable with the spirit prayor and use it now and then and it feels like it has a calming effect.
Why three times?

Salome,
claes

Phaethonsfire

Post Number: 299
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Claes,

I have taken that part from the spirit lessons which describe the Initiation process, the half load pronounciation of the spirit prayer has a strong psychological effect since you can hear your own voice saying those words instead of just thinking of those words.
Vocal or visual inpulses always cause to have a deeper impression on people then just thoughts.
The 3 times repetition is just to get the spirit prayer in the center of awareness after which it will do its effects.
Jakobjn

Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona!

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 58
Posted on Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hello to anyone
in times where i meditate i noticed my breath slowing down to the point were i cant even call it a breath.
a couple of times i have stopped breathing all together. does anybody else experience this while in meditative states of mind?

Zoran_5

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 09:46 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The same think happen in the TM.
But if it`s not hepen it`s OK too.
It`s important that your Salome sentence / mantra repeat softly ... then you will always have good result.

Salome Peter :-)

Scott

Post Number: 559
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2004 - 08:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Peter,

To the best of my knowledge Transcendental Meditation is not considered to be a true meditation according to the teachings. The meditation which is written about in Billy's book entitled " Einführung in die Meditation" is a very in depth teaching of the true meditation. This meditation can take many years and even a lifetime or more to master.

The Salome Meditation which you mentioned is to be spoken out loud. If you attend any of the Salome Meditations at the SSSC you will find everyone is definitely speaking out loud.

Meditation is an exercise in concentration. It may be advisable to learn the basics of concentration as stated in the book "Die Psyche", before venturing into the meditation.

At present neither of these books is officially translated into English.

Salome
Scott

Zoran_5

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 06:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scot

You should repeat Salome sentence softly ... even Billy said that. If you are speaking constantly loud, the meditation won`t work.
My TM teacher is always saying, that the mantra has to be repeated softly, only than it will work.

Salome Scot

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 61
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2004 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The same think happen in the TM.
But if it`s not hepen it`s OK too.
It`s important that your Salome sentence / mantra repeat softly ... then you will always have good result..."

i dont think i fully understand what your saying, i dont use mantras... if thats what you mean, i dont look for "results", i ponder and i learn. that's good enough for me.

"To the best of my knowledge Transcendental Meditation is not considered to be a true meditation according to the teachings. The meditation which is written about in Billy's book entitled " Einführung in die Meditation" is a very in depth teaching of the true meditation. This meditation can take many years and even a lifetime or more to master.

thanks for the suggestion scott

Zoran_5

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 05:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is the former Maharishi`s peace project in the Croatian city Dubrovnik, for stopping war in Kosovo:

http://www.dubrovnik-peace-project.cro.net

Scott

Post Number: 560
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 05:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Zoran_5

I don't know if you are aware of the Peace Meditation which is performed every 1st and 3rd weekend of each month. If you haven't already, please read the section about the Peace Meditation which is under the Spiritual Teachings on the English portion of the FIGU Website.

Here is a brief excerpt:

"At this moment you have 3,406 peace meditation participants on Earth. And all of you included in this number may be proud of performing the one and only correct peace meditation, which will prompt those peace impulses within terrestrial people that slowly permit peace on Earth to become a reality—“

Salome
Scott

Mhurley

Post Number: 60
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At this moment you have 3,406 peace meditation participants on Earth

Hi Scott,
I was a little baffled by that amount considering there are only a few hundred FIGU members. What's your take on that?

Regards
Matt

Hi Matt,

Good point, but you don't have to be a FIGU member to practice the peace meditation. It would be interesting to know who some of these "other" people are. Scott

Zoran_5

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 05:33 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scot
Yes, J know about that ... but J simply don`t know what is wrong with TM. Thera are whole organization out there, who practis this meditation. J am practising about 6 years, some of them are 13 or 25 years in that. People, can`t just stop with TM and change to Billys meditation ...
Maharishi sad that we musn`t change our mantra, becouse new one would not be so powerfull as the old one.
Altoug, we would lose all our friends in TM centars, which is very painfull.
This meditation and hatha yoga helps people to have good helth, and good marks at universtiys, ... they would risk bad marks at universtiy, which is complet disater.
J canot take that risk, and J don`t see a god reason why take it.

Salome

Zoran

Memo00

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi zoran

according the the plejarans the one and only meditation that really works FOR PEACE is FIGU´s Peace Meditation
all the other ones are completely useless (A WASTE OF TIME)

if you are really interested in PEACE
and in the well being of our planet,
the fact that other people are going to think this or that about you is completely meaningless and superficial

if someone is going to change the way he treates you just because you dont belong to this or to that group, THEN HE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND

and about mantras. . .
the only thing that i can tell you is that
the way they are commonly used
they more like a drug . . .
like a pill that you take when you cant sleep

the SALOME sentence is used in a completely different way

Phaethonsfire

Post Number: 307
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 12:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Zoran,

Transcendental meditation is in fact not a true meditation, its much more like selfsuggestion and the mantra's used have a suggestive effect on the psyche.
True meditation is total passivenes of the material consciousness towards ones own spirit, no thoughts, no emotions or feelings, no control over breathing, there is no consciousness (=thinking) just passiveness. In this state of mind, it is possible to understand ones spirit better and learn from it.
The Spirit is always passive and never active in meditation, its the material consciousness / personality which is the active evolutionary factor in the human itself.
This will change only when the spiritform reaches pure spirit levels and no material body is needed anymore.
Mantra's (keywords) are used in true meditation, but are absolutely unique for every person, with other words, meditation-keywords are used to induce rapid a deep meditative state, but those words can only be used after the whole measure of meditation is learned, that means at least 7 years of hard practice.
The peace meditation is a true meditation since it uses the Lyranic language which carries the code to access the akasha banks which trigger positive (peace-impulses), those impulses hit everybody and also the people in power.
Those impulses trigger peace-making ideas in people.

Its absolutely your own choice to follow the Transcendental meditation but I can tell you that all effects from it are solely suggestive and not based on true spiritual effects.

I suggest (if you can read German) to buy the meditation book of FIGU and make your own informed choice.
Jakobjn

Zoran_5

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 04:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Memo

"Transcendental Meditation opens the awareness to the infinite reservoir of energy, creativity, and intelligence that lies deep within everyone."

- Maharishi

There is a moment when my breathing stops ...
There is a moment when J touch the Silence ...
There is a moment of pure Perfection ...

The moment of total bliss and enlightment ...

There exist noting more powerful in the entire universe ! :-) ( big Budha smile )

Thomas

Post Number: 65
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 07:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Jakobjn, it has been a while since we spoke last...I have an honest question about your last post: How can the material consciousness learn about the spirit when there is no conscious thought during true meditation? I thought that thinking was necessary for the material consciousness to learn. Can you help me to understand this? Thanks! -Thomas

PS-It is good to see that you still are helping people! :-)

Dplotmach

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, i have been meditating for a while now, and I am achieving some elements of inner peace, harmony, and a more constructive way of thinking.
My question is; where is the border between feelings, intelligence, and spirit? How does one separate them in mind, for so combining them as one? A little hard to describe for me.

Phaethonsfire

Post Number: 309
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 03:51 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas,

During true meditation every conscious thought will hinder the conscious state in which the spirit can be perceived as it is.
When you get far in meditation will see things from the past and from the future in your meditative state which you have to think about after your meditation, not during your meditation.
See meditation as a purely passive state of consciousness where you are alone with your spirit and in this state of consciousness any thought will taint your perception.
So meditaton exists of two parts:

1. passive meditative state where you 'absorb' information (you dont think just 'receive')

2. active post-meditative state where your consciousness thinks about the things it experienced during the meditation.

Thinking is done after meditation, never during meditation, because the act of thinking alone would hinder a meditative state totally.

I hope this is clear.
Jakobjn

Phaethonsfire

Post Number: 310
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 04:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dplotmach,

Welcome, meditation is much more then just a way to achieve inner peace, it also brings the personality (material consciousness) close to the spirit.
To answer your question, I will have to elaborate:

Feelings are an exclusive part of the human psyche, the Psyche aka Soul is a half-finematerial / half-coarsematerial structure in the humanbody, on the coarse material part it consists of the various nervous systems in the humanbody like the periphere and central nervous systems.
On the fine material part its a fine-material electromagnetic energy that has proporties of a sender/receiver.
The Psyche is absolutely able to receive and send feelings in the form of electromagnetic vibrations which can be picked up by people who are sensitive enough, those people are called empaths.
Feelings are felt mainly in the Solar Plexus, that is a spot of the size of your hand directly on your chest which radiates to all directions, strong feelings can have their effect on the nervous system and will affect the stomach, heart, lungs and ultimately the whole body.
So when people have strong feelings they will feel it in their chest and will falsely associate feelings with 'heartache'. Logically, the heart is an organ that is totally uncapable of experiencing feelings.
Feelings reflect exactly the thoughts a person has, true happiness is caused by logical thoughts, although not all thoughts cause feelings, some thoughts are purely rational and trigger no feelings at all.

Emotions are impulses which originate from the a center called 'basal ganglia' this center is located in the core of the human brain and consists of the material and primordial drives and impulses, like aggresion, etc.
Emotions are often an uncontrolled reaction to external impulses, especially when the consciousness is overloaded.

Intelligence has many 'faces' so to speak. Everywhere where a intelligence is present, a consciousness is there also, and vice versa.
The Spirit has its own totally independant and absolutely logical intelligence in its spirit consciousness, this intelligence is perfectly logical so it will never make any mistakes.
The material personality / material consciousness aka brain has a material intelligence that can be divided in 7 forms of intelligence:

1. Linguistical intelligence (example: language experts, poets)
2. Logical mathematical intelligence (example: physists, scientists
3. Body-physical intelligence (example: Athletes, etc)
4. Spacial intelligence (example: Artists, painters)
5. Musical intelligence (example: composers, singers)
6. Inter-personal intelligence (example: leaders, politicians)
7. Intra-personal intelligence (example: psychologists, philosophers, etc)

There are 3 main ranges of people with a mix of those intelligence forms:

1. Idiot Savant: A person who has 1 of those intelligenceforms developed, and all others neglected, for example a mathematical scientist with no social skills whatsoever

2. Normal people: most people have about 3 forms of intelligence developed the others lesser developed. However it must be told that a 300lbs man will never have the physical-kinetical intelligence of a ballerina, this obviously because of material limitations.

3. Homo(=human) Universalis(= Universal) / Genius: A person with a more or less equal development level in all 7 forms of intelligence, in a normal way these are so called 'spirit'humans who are able to use their spirit and are actively evolving.

Material intelligence can be logical and illogical depending on its cooperation with the spirit, with out a connection with the spirit, logical thinking is impossible and will cause the material consciousness/intelligence to become confused.
This is named wrongly as spirit illness, while in truth its the material consciousness/intelligence that is ill.
The spirit can never be ill or confused.

The Spirit is a part of Creation aka Universal Consciousness aka Universal Spirit aka OM, the spirit was, is and always will be a part of Creation, will never die, or grow older, its the motor of every life in a human, the spirit is genderless because it has equal parts of positive and negative.
Every spiritform will incarnate as a male and female in the course of evolution, people who are now male WILL be female in a future life and people who are now female WILL be male in a future life, this with absolute certainty because the spirit has to deal with the positive(male) and negative(female) to evolve.

I am sorry if I went overboard with this answer for you, but I thought a thorough explanation would be in order.
Jakobjn

Phaethonsfire

Post Number: 311
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 06:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A little correction is in order, I have said:

"Every spiritform will incarnate as a male and female in the course of evolution, people who are now male WILL be female in a future life and people who are now female WILL be male in a future life, this with absolute certainty because the spirit has to deal with the positive(male) and negative(female) to evolve."

It must read this:

The Spirit-form never changes gender because it is genderless, it occupies male and female bodies during the course of its evolution, and only in human bodies since the human Spirit-form can only incarnate in a human and never in another lifeform outside the human-lineage, no matter what false incarnation teachings say.
Jakobjn

Michael_d

Post Number: 86
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 09:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Jakobjn,

Regarding the third range of intelligence form you speak of, the Homo Universalis or the so-called spirithumans, have these individuals all attained high and balanced levels of all seven forms of intelligence? In other words, have these individuals all attained genius levels of all seven forms of intelligence? Or is it just that they have attained balanced levels of all seven forms of intelligence? It would almost seem that a person striving for mediocrity as a generalist would qualify as a Homo Universalis. In that regard, the person that is a "jack of all trades and master of none" would qualify as a Homo Universalis. Is this correct?

Michael_d

Pureharmony

Post Number: 121
Posted on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 09:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Scott, whats up.
I was just noticing your post from Sept. 11 saying "I don't know if you are aware of the Peace Meditation which is performed every 3rd weekend of each month. "
I think it is the first & third weekend (2 weekends) of every month.
RE:
http://www.figu.org/us/spiritual_teaching/peace_meditation.htm

Hi Pureharmony,

Thanks, a little brain fade on my part. I will correct my original post.

Regards
Scott

*pureharmony*

Dplotmach

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2004 - 04:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been meditating for a while now, almost daily. I use a meditation for relieving all the muscles of tention, and afterwards go into a meditative state of mind. This is very effective.
When I meditate for lets say about 10-15 minutes, I get a kind of feeling that reminds of an incredibly long pre-orgasm. Sensational. Ive heard that Nirvana is supposed to be something like that. I think Im getting so fast results of the meditation because Ive been studying the spiritual teachings for a very long time. I have alot to catch up on personal experience.
Anybody here who have had the same?

Dplot

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page