Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through November 01, 2012

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Planet Earth » Religion/Relegeon as discussed in FIGU material » Archive through November 01, 2012 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Ferbon

Post Number: 93
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2012 - 06:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jacob,

my post, September 07, 2012 - 5:13am , do you honestly think I mean something against you?
"you" is for whoever reads this also -can't you see through my words at all?

Salome my friend,

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 146
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2012 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When You place yourself on such a high pedestal,
when You have placed yourself above their reach,
don't be surprised when You get knocked off
by the wind.
Life

Piyali

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2012 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Michael, I really like the quote by life that you have shared here with us. It is so very true and few people in their arrogance forget this profound, simple and practical piece of wisdom.

May I share this? If not, I perfectly understand.

Thank you. Have a lovely restful weekend and I wish the same to all friends here. :-)
Salome with Love ~
Piyali

Piyali

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2012 - 08:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Michael, I really like the quote by life that you have shared here with us. It is so very true and few people in their arrogance forget this profound, simply and practical piece of wisdom.

May I share this? If not, I perfectly understand.

Thank you. Have a lovely restful weekend and I wish the same to all friends here. :-)
Salome with Love ~
Piyali

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 147
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't claim the rights to anything I say here. If anything, statements posted on the FIGU board should belong to the FIGU, IMHO.
Life

Michael_horn

Post Number: 564
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 02:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Since rights and responsibilities often go hand in hand, should what you say also be FIGU's responsibility, with all that may entail?

Stephen_moore

Post Number: 323
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 05:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Each person who posts here is responsible for what they write. Self responsibility.

No one else can be made responsible for what someone else has written in this forum. You thought of it and then wrote it.

Salome
www.ufofacts.me.uk - www.thecircleforhumanity.net

Ferbon

Post Number: 94
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 06:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friends
My consciousness and knowledge has experienced some rapid changes in the past few months, and I do apologize if any of you felt offended because of my convoluted way of communicating. I am working on my style and promise to be more exact and clear with things that can be explained in such way ,and indeed, without any further misunderstandings. Please have patience as I mean no insult to any of you, but rather wanted too much at once.
My name is Chris, and there is no pedestal...and never will be.

Salome

Patm

Post Number: 162
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 07:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Piyali,

It was good of you to ask.

This forum's Rules and "Netiquette" states:

6. Posts containing text or images made by members other than yourself must not be posted or published elsewhere without their direct consent.

Which from my understanding means everyone here owns the copyright on anything they post. It also means you need to identify the source when it is not your words you post.

For some of the new members, you may want to check out all the "rules" in the link above that you have committed to when joining this forum.

Thanks again Piyali for following the rules.

Salome
PatM

Cpl

Post Number: 634
Posted on Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All,

Just to be clear: two here are now Chris.
Ferbon and Cpl (my initials) are two different people. (Before anyone asks.)
Chris

Use to the full both your heart and your head; and never lose either.

Ramirez

Post Number: 739
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 02:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Darwin was searching for the missing link he only needed to look at who was sitting on the vatican throne instead of filing down monkey bones.
Cheers.

Ferbon

Post Number: 95
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 03:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ramirez

There were 6 popes during Darwin's lifetime. Could the sense of your conclusion be explained further?

Salome

Ramirez

Post Number: 741
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 06:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's self evident for persons with a sense of humor Ferbon with the conclusion being he would have found 6 examples of the missing link occupying a throne at different times.

If asked about that they might have replied ..... errr maybe though you'd need to ask the organ grinder.
Cheers.

Michael_horn

Post Number: 565
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 07:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Really, gentlemen, does this not tell you everything?\

pri·mate   [prahy-meyt or, especially for 1, prahy-mit] Show IPA

noun

Ecclesiastical . an archbishop or bishop ranking first among the bishops of a province or country.

any of various omnivorous mammals of the order Primates, comprising the three suborders Anthropoidea (humans, great apes, gibbons, Old World monkeys, and New World monkeys), Prosimii (lemurs, loris, and their allies), and Tarsioidea (tarsiers), especially distinguished by the use of hands, varied locomotion, and by complex flexible behavior involving a high level of social interaction and cultural adaptability.

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 148
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 07:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a good question Michael, or at least one which I was also mulling over when I stated that FIGU should have the rights to what is said here, if anyone. I personally don't wish to claim the rights to what I state here because this is a public, non-copyrighted venue. This stance is simpler, and the things I state here are presented to an audience for the express purpose of questioning and clarifying information, and inspiring other people to pursue the Meier/Plejaren subject. I feel that by posting something here, I have already presented my thought in a permanently publicized form, if only electronic. If someone takes what I write and quotes it in a book or article, then I feel I have already relinquished any right to compensation by posting it here. Do note that I don't hold anyone else to this standard.

FIGU does moderate this board, and the moderators do edit postings from time to time. There are some things which have been said (most notably by me) which should not have been posted for public consumption. I do rely upon the FIGU board moderators to act as a fail-safe, lest I say too much again, (not that I want to). Because of that, because they exhibit a certain amount of responsibility in moderating the forum, I do think they have some culpability as well. From what I understand, the law would agree to this presumption, which is one reason why issue-specific boards are often moderated. And because they do have some responsibility in what is posted here, I do think that since I don't claim rights to what I post here, the secondary party (FIGU) can claim them if they ever wish it.

This is what makes sense to me. I don't seriously expect to generate an income from my FIGU statements in any case, not in my lifetime, so this is really a non-issue for me. I am sure other people might see this differently, and I again, I am not applying this standard to anyone else here, just myself.
Life

Ramirez

Post Number: 742
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

An exhaustive list Michael though missing the link that being Primatus Celestia Vaticanus.

When a holy papa is about to be confirmed there is an old tradition going way back to when inadvertently the good cardinali voted in a female as papa so to avoid that sort of hoo haa occurrence being repeated they have a tradition including .... a chair with a hole in the bottom so that one or maybe several of the lucky cardinali can have a short grope just to make sure the newly elected one has .... a tail.

Is there a latin name for that initiation ceremony ?
Cheers.

Michael_horn

Post Number: 566
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2012 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My point re primate is only that the term is used for both the human and animal species of monkeys.

Michael_horn

Post Number: 567
Posted on Monday, September 10, 2012 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While it's awful enough that the various priests and clergy were molesting the innocent, this gives new meaning to a"primate in his pants":

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/10/world/asia/india-airport-primate-smuggling/index.html

Schantz

Post Number: 145
Posted on Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 09:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BEWARE of God.

Colorado_dirk

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 05:38 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was a statue 'The Iron Man' that was carved from a meteorite. I think it is a depiction of Immanuel, because if you look at his right hand, you can see what looks like a sign from the crucifiction. There is what appears to be a scar in his right hand which the figure is openly displaying.

"The statue is is believed to represent a stylistic hybrid between the Buddhist and pre-Buddhist Bon culture that portrays the god Vaisravana, the Buddhist King of the North, also known as Jambhala in Tibet. "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2209017/Discovered-Nazi-expedition-1936-incredible-1-000-year-old-Buddhist-statue-METEORITE.html

It could be that it was a depiction of Immanuel because of the injury in the right hand, which subsequently became a religious item in the local culture.

Earthling

Post Number: 650
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 04:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's a not-so in-famous quote I'd like to share, regarding this topic of religion/belief as it pertains to life (& death) on planet earth -

Justin Halpern's Dad: "We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."
Bruce

Ramirez

Post Number: 765
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha,

So valid.
Cheers.

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 191
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 04:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The other forum I frequent, an NDE forum, has a few religious people who are constantly trying to explain people's spiritual experiences in terms of the commonly established religions. They don't care for my perspective. I have been called names, most intriguingly "AntiChrist". I don't think they take this mudslinging too seriously though, since they still argue with me, which I doubt they would do if they really thought I was the head honcho Fallen Angel. But still, it has me wondering about the FIGU position on a related few subjects. If you know of some FIGU perspective to add about any of these topics, please let me know.

1. The Devil
2. The AntiChrist
3. The Wailing Wall in Israel
4. The meeting of the armies around Israel
5. Jesus's return
6. The Rapture
7. The number 666

Where did this set of myths come from? Was is it a product of the Bafath (sp?) influencing the Catholic Church? Or was this a product of Zionist machinations of American Christianity?

And one final question for this board: What is the nature of Christhood or Christliness? What does the word 'Christ' mean?
Life

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page