Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

"Life in the Spiritual and Physical"...

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » "Life in the Spiritual and Physical" « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Jim Deardorff
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2000 - 10:28 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is in reply to a recent query from Michael Horn under the Talmud of Jmmanuel chap. 23 link. It concerns the books of Dr. Michael Newton. More than any other earthly investigator, he has gently quizzed subjects when under a deep trance after having regressed the patient into a past life, the death of that past-life's body, and then on into the beyond, where his main interest lies. His results are published in two books:

_Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life between Lives_ (St. Paul, MN: Llewellyn Publications, 1994) and

_Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life between Lives_ (St. Paul, MN: Llewellyn Publications, 2000).

These are available from www.amizon.com .

They provide the best earthly information I know of with which to compare the teachings Billy Meier has received.

Michael Horn
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2000 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jim, I'll check it out.

Michael

Richard Lunter
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 06:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

I read Life in the Spiritual and Physical
In the near end of this document is:

.... Simply stated, the real meaning of live in the material state is, in fact, the mastery over one’s ego, which constantly wants to dominate, and the subsequent evolution in the wholeness of the conciousness and the spirit. .....

1. it means, my/our ego want to be dominant and the mastery over this ego "I" is the real meaning of live?

2. What is real ego, my "I"? Is it some little , little part of Creation?

Thanks
Richard

Scott B.
Posted on Monday, April 23, 2001 - 02:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Richard

I think that life in the material world requires that a person looks at oneself and his/her relationship to all other creatures and nature, which exists everywhere.

I think as one comes to discover that all life does not revolve around him or herself, and that each is fulfilling a role, then a person starts to see his part in everything. When this starts to occur, the recognition is revealed that we have a spiritual counterpart to life in the physical world, which outlasts all physical personalities and or ego's. I think this recogniton can only come after we have gone through many trials and tribulations which have caused us to question our very purpose for existance.

Once we recognize the eternal existance of the spirit, the physical world is but a step in our journey back to the Creation.

Just a few thoughts..........

Salome
Scott

Savio
Posted on Tuesday, April 24, 2001 - 01:06 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Richard & Scott

I think that life in the material world can be taken as a driver and his car.

Each of us is born with a unqiue body just like a driver is equipped with his car.

There are many many types of car exist and they are all different in charactistics and behaviors... speedy, slow, gas thirsty, aged, no brake... This is the same as that some of us are young and healthy, some lost their limbs, some have to stay in bed all year long, some have big ambitions and some even look down upon others....

Anyway, all these unique characteristics of ourselves always tend to dominate our ways to the destinaton. If we do not manage/drive well, we will go nowhere. This is not escapable as this is the characteristics of our own car.

I agree very much with Scott that discover/awareness is of vital importance (Thanks to FIGU). First of all we must aware that we are the drivers of our vehicles and there is a destination to reach.

Our assignment is to master/manage our cars, going through highs and lows, experience and learn along the journey, bring ourselves en route to the destination.

With proper mindset, we can enjoy the sceneries along the way.....

Just some thoughts

Regards

Savio

Mark Campbell
Posted on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 09:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott said it very well .Material life is about awareness of yourself in relation to life around you , and the spiritual is more about balancing the awareness of your thoughts within yourself , which inevitably involve life around you , because other people , for example , affect your thought life .A person does himself a dishonor by self - importance .It's well established that conceit and other symptoms of pride are unattractive , even though some young people go through a period where they admire it over everything else . True maturity is overlooked , although it really is the most lasting and worthy character trait that inspires trust among people . A little catalytic afterthought to a great subject that has such versatile influence , all over life .

Mahigitam

Post Number: 305
Posted on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In Billy's essays, "Life in Spiritual & Physical"..he says, "The mystery a human body can solve only partially when it is abandoning life, can be manifested clearly & truthfully by the fragment of Creation in humans;namely, the certainty of absolute human permanence in the all-great-time."

Is this to be understood as the feeling of endless peace & joy when the dying one perceives before entering the beyond(which obviously cannot be passed onto to those living around him).
What a thing is relationship, if we closely observe, relationship is much more subtle, more swift than lightning, more vast than earth, for relationship is life - Jiddu Krishnamurthy

Edward

Post Number: 1968
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2010 - 12:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mahigitam....

I understand where you are going.

Well, indeed, that Spirit-form/-Consciousness, when still immature...is very
Unconscious. I would think that as the mentioned Evolves, Spiritually, than,
at one time of existence CAN Experience such sensation Consciously. The
Ultimate, would indeed be when...the Spirit-form has reached it's gaol, when
manifesting as Pure Spirit-form(at). But, I think the mentioned can be
experienced as explained in the excerpt; The more Matured....the more
Consciously experienced, Logically speaking.

Edward.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page