Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

"Overpopulation Bomb"

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » "Overpopulation Bomb" « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Rarena

Post Number: 128
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 09:02 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear readers,

Read in a recent FIGU document that if we keep up with the current birthrate of 2.25 percent by the year 3000 we will have two centimeters (a little under an inch .7874") of space per person...

The limits of the planets' self sustainablity are severly limited now... Change in birthrate must be enacted, either that or build huge tall skyscrapers...

Having experienced overpopulation in some of the third world countries... it is obvious we don't want this for our children or our reincarnated selves.

Love and Peace to all

Randy Arena τΏτ

Tjames

Post Number: 262
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:33 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know many of you have read this quote, but does anybody know just where this Christian quote actually came from. I had a relative ask and I'd just like to give an accurate reply. thanks

Islam/Koran – Sure 4

"Men are above the women, because Allah has given the one part a superiority above the other."

Confucius

"One hundred girls are not worth as much as one boy."

Hinduism

"A woman must never enjoy independence."

Christian Bible: Paul to the Ephesians in the New Testament

"The women shall be vassals to their men who are their masters."

Thank you and salome
Salome gam nan been urda gan njber hasala hesporona!

Indi

Post Number: 137
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 01:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The following is from Paul's letter to the Christians at Ephesus. The authorship of the letters from Paul is in dispute though.

Even so, this section is amongst them and seems to cover the line you posted in meaning even though not an exact line here:

from Book 10 - PAUL'S LETTER TO THE CHRISTIANS AT EPHESUS

5:22-24 - You wives must learn to adapt yourselves to your husbands, as you submit yourselves to the Lord, for the husband is the "head" of the wife in the same way that Christ is head of the Church and saviour of the body. The willing subjection of the Church to Christ should be reproduced in the submission of wives to their husbands.

5:25-27 - But, remember, this means that the husband must give his wife the same sort of love that Christ gave to the Church, when he sacrificed himself for her. Christ gave himself to make her holy, having cleansed her through the baptism of his Word - to make her an altogether glorious Church in his eyes. She is to be free from spots, wrinkles or any other disfigurement - a Church holy and perfect.

5:28-33 - Men ought to give their wives the love they naturally have for their own bodies. The love a man gives his wife is the extending of his love for himself to enfold her. Nobody ever hates or neglects his own body; he feeds and looks after it. And that is what Christ does for his body, the Church. And we are all members of that body, we are his flesh and blood! 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'. The marriage relationship is doubtless a great mystery, but I am speaking of something deeper still - the marriage of Christ and his Church. In practice what I have said amounts to this: let every one of you who is a husband love his wife as he loves himself; let the wife reverence her husband.

The New testament consists of various works, and the letters from Paul to various groups is one section from what I can fathom.

in peace

Robjna

Mehraein62

Post Number: 85
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 08:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All Friends ,
and pardon me for a lot of question.
I did search the Archive and couldn't find good answer to my question as below:
- if 160 billion spirit forms waiting in beyond to come to this world(Earth), and now the population of earth is about to 7 billion , how it could be justified that now a dyes IT IS EXTREMELY RARE for the human spirit forms that remain 1/5 time more in beyond ,compare to their previous life span ?
Wish You Luck

Rarena

Post Number: 313
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 03:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Mehraein,

When a planet is overpopulated as is Earth it is my understanding the time spent in "the beyond" is less than one and one half (1½)life spans.

Mehraein62

Post Number: 91
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 06:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rarena,
thanks. yes sure and i also put this as a proposition in my quest.
Wish You Luck

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page