Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through June 24, 2009

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Translations » Archive through June 24, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 02:15 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Semjase is a conspiracy theorist:

Contact Seventy
Thursday, 6 January 1977, 00:01 o’clock (12:01 a.m.)

(Semjase)
144. Ruhe wird es auf der Erde erst dann endgültig geben, wenn dieser macht- und mordgierige und sich selbst zum Volke ernannte Hebraonbund völlig aufgelöst ist, der sich in verschiedene weltherrschafts-süchtige Sekten usw. aufgespaltet hat.

144. There worth (will) first end-validly (definitively, conclusively) be tranquility (quiet, rest, peace) upon the Earth, if this power (might)- & murder-greedy, itself-adnominated-into-a-folk Hebraon (Hebrew, Israeli, Jewish) alliance is fully (completely) dissolved up, which has split up into various world-domination-addicted sects, &c.

Salome,

- Matthew

Sanjin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone.

I am one of the people who has proposed to help out with making sure that the Goblet of Truth is translated correctly. From my information, separate preliminary (W.I.P.) sections will be posted online, so that others can check the material.

Since there will be many people checking it, there should be a specific format so that we can efficiently work through the checking process.

I have some ideas concerning how we should go about it, and I'd like to see some of your thoughts. I think that we should place each individual numbered paragraph on a separate webpage. The original German should be on the top, then the Official translator's work should be below it. Underneath that there should then be a comment section where people can write what they think about the translation, if they see any flaws, errors, ideas for improvement, etc.

Let me know what you think, and I'll talk so Mr. Frehner or Mr. Juliano to see what can be worked out.

Cpl

Post Number: 443
Posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like a great idea, Sanjin.

Chris

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 45
Posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 08:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sanjin,

Such a work must be translated according to the proper values of English words, not merely by etymology, but by context (cohaerance, Zusammenhang) in the English language as compared to the German. This requires that one truly understands the German & English words independently of how they may presently be misused by most speakers. This is especially the case with English, which is very abusively, sloppily, and loosely used by most of its speakers at the present time. I have found that the only kind of speech that suffices is a creatively modified (through the conjunction & composition of new words from English verbal parts) and cultivated form that fully disreguards (sic) conventions when these are fundamentally wrong, as well as reflects in many ways older, more poetic styles which, like modern High German, did not so abusively and falsifyingly tear transferred senses from their concrete symbols.

See my translation of Contact 216 a couple pages back.

Salome,

- Matthew

Sanjin

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, June 07, 2009 - 07:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matthew,

I am hoping that you will help out as well. I noticed that you do have a good grasp of the meanings and values of words, but we should also make sure that the average English speaking person can understand what is written. Word combinations can be quite difficult to comprehend for some.
A perfect translation is impossible, so we must find a good balance between the meaning/value of the words, comprehension by the English speaking reader and also readability of the final text.

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 54
Posted on Sunday, June 07, 2009 - 11:59 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sanjin,

The more one attempts to popularisingly 'balance' the translation of such a book as 'Goblet of Truth', the more effectual confusion one will sow in consequence.

In the sense of a translation which properly re-gives the values of the German original words, albeit with the occasional consultation of one's imagination or a dictionary, a 'perfect' translation is not impossible. However, using only common vocabulary, a translation at all is impossible. Common language has only a dialectical function, anyhow. Compromise with it is like the compromise of a taxonomist with common animal names, though these do not suffice.

In the age of the internet, one would think that the average English-speaker who honestly interests themself in the truth would have access to a dictionary; although such an honestly interested person would also fully learn German.

I do not think it wise to speak too easily to the appearingly interested, as, for the teaching to take effect, they -must- cogitate about the individual word meanings themselves, which is negated by a deceptively simple translation.

Salome,

- Matthew

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 441
Posted on Monday, June 08, 2009 - 07:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matthew: "In the age of the internet, one would think that the average English-speaker who honestly interests themself in the truth would have access to a dictionary; although such an honestly interested person would also fully learn German."

Exactly, Matthew. You make the argument for what Sanjin proposed above, namely: “…we must find a good balance between the meaning/value of the words, comprehension by the English speaking reader and also readability of the final text.” If one is ready to take their study to the next level then they will make the effort to study in the original German. There is a wide diversity of spiritual “works-in-progress”. It seems to me that the Goblet of Truth, more than any other of Billy’s writings, is about making the message more accessible, is it not? We are not about becoming intellectual elitist.

How wonderous have thine Folk grace our Folk with odorous Kritic and Phlowers to boot. Shine away. Say what? Futility yet festers in the lexicon of thine mind and thrashes about thine head like a dangling participle? “Be gone!” I say to it. To renegade and blasphemous gematria. Your Sein-ness does not amuse.

Strangely enough, two shillings and sixpence.

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 798
Posted on Monday, June 08, 2009 - 09:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear all,

Sorry for the delay in getting the next episode of Asket's Explanations to you. WWW access is getting increasingly difficult as we move further and further from (what Earth humans call) "civilization". But we're back on track now, and soon to start our time-travel back through the centuries.

Cheers!
Dyson

The following is an authorised unofficial translation by Dyson Devine and Vivienne Legg. It may contain errors.

pages 328-330
Contact Notes Volume One

Erklärung

Explanation

(Erklärung vom 10. September 1964, Mahrauli/India.)

(Explanation of September 10th, 1964, Mahrauli, India.)

(continued)

Mein Kopf war von all den Erklärungen Askets bis obenhin voll.

My head was full to the brim from all of Asket's explanations.

So folgte ich ihr wortlos zum Schiff und liess mich mit ihr zusammen durch die unsichtbaren Transportkräfte ins Schiff tragen.

So I followed her wordlessly to the ship and, together with her, let myself be carried into the ship by the invisible transportation powers.

Lange lag ich noch wach auf meiner bequemen Liege und sinnierte über das Gehörte nach.

I lay awake for a long time on my comfortable couch and contemplated what I had heard.

Alles erschien mir ungeheuer, und letztendlich musste ich mich gewaltsam von meinen rasenden Gedanken losreissen, um überhaupt noch etwas schlafen zu können.

Everything seemed monstrous to me, and finally I had to forcefully tear myself loose from my raging thoughts in order to still get any sleep at all.

Noch etwas müde erwachte ich am frühen Morgen.

Still somewhat tired, I awoke in the early morning.

Es war mir, als ob ich irgendwo einen Schuss gehört hätte.

It was, to me, as if I had heard a shot somewhere.

Auch Asket erhob sich gerade von der Liege und trat schnell zu mir an ein Bordfenster.

Asket also immediately got up from the couch and quickly approached me at one of the ship's windows.

Etwa 20 Meter vom Schiff entfernt stand ein Mann, der sich zu uns heraufgrinsend auf sein Gewehr stützte.

Some 20 metres away from the ship stood a man who, leaning on his rifle, grinned up at us.

Ganz offenbar hatte er geschossen, um uns auf sich aufmerksam zu machen.

Quite obviously he had fired a shot in order to cause us to notice him.

Es war unzweifelhaft derselbe Mann, den wir vor einigen Tagen, weit vom Schiff entfernt, des Nachts getroffen hatten.

It was, without doubt, the same man whom we had met at night, some days ago, far from the ship.

Wortlos liessen wir uns aus dem Schiff tragen und gingen zu dem Manne hin, der uns grinsed langsam entgegenkam.

Wordlessly, we let ourselves be carried out of the ship and went to the man who, grinning, slowly came to meet us.

Spontan streckte er uns seine Rechte entgegen und lachte.

He spontaneously reached out his right hand to us and laughed.

Askets Erklärung vom 8. Februar 1953

Asket's Explanation of February 8th, 1953

(Wörtliche Wiedergabe von Askets Erklärungen durch ihre Erinnerungshilfe am 10. September 1964 in Mahrauli/lndia.)

(Word for word account - with Asket's memory assistance - of Asket's Explanations, on September 10th, 1964, in Mahrauli, India.)

Der unerwartete Besucher:

The Unexpected Visitor:

Das ist wirklich eine Überraschung - zum Kuckuck.

That is really a surprise - what in the world!

Kommt und lasst euch begrüssen - das ist wirklich eine Überraschung.

Come and let me greet you two - that is really a surprise.

Das hätte ich mir doch gleich denken können, denn wie wäre es sonst auch möglich gewesen, euch so sympathisch zu finden, als ihr mich an meinem Lager besucht habt.

I should have thought of that right away, because how would it otherwise have been possible to find you two so sympathetic when you visited me at my camp.

Das ist wirklich eine Überraschung.

That is really a surprise.

- Ich bin IIjitsch Ustinow, nennt mich aber einfach Jitschi.

- I am Illyitch Ustinov, but simply call me Jitschi.

Das ist eine Überraschung.

That is a surprise.

(Kräftig schüttelte er Asket und dann mir die Hand.)

(He vigorously shook Asket's hand and then mine.)

Asket

1. Diese Überraschung war aber nicht vorgesehen.

Asket

1. This surprise was, however, not foreseen.

Jitschi

Das glaube ich - das ist wirklich eine Überraschung.

Jitschi

I believe that - that is really a surprise.

Ich wollte ja eigentlich nicht hierherkommen.

Indeed, I actually did not want to come here.

Durch irgend etwas trieb es mich aber dazu, in der Gegend herumzustolpern, und da sah ich dieses Ding dort.

But I was impelled by something to stumble around here in the area and then I saw this thing there.

Ich glaubte erst, dass alles nur eine Halluzination sei.

At first I believed that everything was only an hallucination.

So kam ich näher und fand, dass ich in keiner Weise verrückt geworden war.

So I came closer and found that I had in no way gone mad.

Ich habe ja schon sehr viele Dinge gesehen und erlebt, doch das hier bisher noch nicht.

I have indeed already seen and experienced very many things, yet, up until now, not this here.

Aber ich lasse mich deshalb nicht verrückt machen, denn ich habe in Amerika drüben und auch an andern Orten schon von solchen Dingern gehört.

But I will not let myself be made insane because of it, because I have already heard of such things over in America and also in other places.

Woher kommt ihr denn - etwa von der Venus oder vom Mars?

Where do you come from then - perhaps from Venus or from Mars?

Menschenskinder, das ist aber eine Überraschung.

Man alive, what a surprise.

(Erklärung vom 28. August 1975 Hinwil/ZH:

(Explanation of August 28th, 1975 Hinwil, Switzerland:

In den durch Askets Hilfe in Indien im Jahre 1964 niedergeschriebenen Berichten verwendete ich für meine Person die Nennung meines wirklichen Namens Eduard.

In the reports written down with Asket's help in India in the year 1964, I used, for my person, my real name, Eduard.

In den seit dem 28. Januar 1975 laufenden Kontaktberichten mit Semjase verwende ich nur ein Kreuz an Stelle meines Namens.

In the contact reports with Semjase, which have continued since the 28th of January, 1975, I use only a cross in place of my name.

Dies tat ich aus Sicherheitsgründen um meine Person.

I did this for reasons of personal safety.

Da diese Sicherheitsgrenzen durch die Bestimmungen und den neuerlichen Kontakt mit Asket hinfällig geworden sind, soll künftighin nach ihrer Bestimmung mein wirklicher und der Name Billy wieder zur Geltung kommen und der Name Phantom der Vergangenheit anheimfallen.

As these security restrictions have become invalid as a result of the determination and the new contact with Asket, according to her direction, in the future I should again let my real name and the name Billy come into use, and let the name Phantom lapse into the past.

Wie in den Kontaktberichten usw. mit Asket soll auch künftighin in den Semjaseberichten das Kreuz [+] durch meinen wirklichen Namen ersetzt werden.

As in the contact reports, and so forth, with Asket, my real name should, in the future, also replace the cross [+] in the Semjase reports.

Erklärung vom 1. Oktober 2000:

Explanation of October 1st, 2000:

Bei der Erstellung der Semjase-Kontakt-Buchwerke werden von Anfang an die Namen Billy und Eduard verwendet, gemäss der Erklärung vom 28. August 1975.)

With the production of the Semjase Contact Books, the names Billy and Eduard are used from the beginning, in accordance with the explanation of August 28th, 1975.)

Eduard

Ich bin weder von der Venus noch vom Mars - ich bin ein Mensch dieser Welt wie du.

Eduard

I am neither from Venus nor Mars - I am a human of this world like you.

Jitschi

Das gibt es doch nicht, der Kasten dort ist doch ein Weltraumschiff.

Jitschi

But that cannot be. The crate there is indeed a spaceship.

Asket

2. Mit dem Schiff hat es seine Richtigkeit und mit mir auch.

Asket

2. That is accurate in relation to the ship and with me too.

3. Mein Freund hier ist aber wirklich von dieser Welt.

3. But my friend here is really from this world.

Jitschi

Aha - dann bist du so ein KontaktIer, wie man so sagt?

Jitschi

Aha - then are you are, therefore, a contactee, as one says?

Eduard

Sagt man das?

Eduard

Does one say that?

Jitschi

Ja, das ist schon weitherum bekannt.

Jitschi

Yes, that is already known far and wide.

Eduard

Ich kenne mich in diesen Geschichten leider nicht aus.

Eduard

Unfortunately I am not familiar with this story.

Asket (etwas nachdenklich)

4. Dieses Zusammentreffen war wirklich nicht vorgesehen.

Asket (somewhat reflectively)

4. This meeting was really not foreseen.

5. Was soll nun geschehen?

5. What should happen now?

Eduard

Ich weiss auch nicht - was meinst du, Jitschi?

Eduard

I also do not know - what do you think, Jitschi?

Jitschi

Wollt ihr mich etwa los sein?

Jitschi

Do you perhaps want to get rid of me?

Asket

6. Davon hat niemand gesprochen.

Asket

6. Nobody has spoken about that.

7. Dein plötzliches Erscheinen aber macht das Ganze zu einem kleinen Problem.

7. But your sudden appearance makes everything a bit of a problem.

Jitschi

Das tut mir leid, ich wollte wirklich nicht Gottes Engeln ins Handwerk pfuschen.

Jitschi

I am sorry about that. I really did not want to meddle in the work of God's angels.

Asket

8. Was soll diese irre Äusserung?

Asket

8. What is this insane utterance supposed to mean?

Jitschi

Es - ??? - es ist doch bekannt, dass ihr so etwas wie Engel seid und im Auftrage Gottes herkommt.

Jitschi

It - ??? - it is indeed known that you are somewhat like angels and come here on a mission from God.

Asket

9. Wer sagt das?

Asket

9. Who says that?

Jitschi

Das habe ich verschiedentlich so gehört, und ich bin glücklich, dass ich euch getroffen habe.

Jitschi

I have heard that from various sources and I am happy that I have met you.

Glaubt mir, ich bin ein guter Christ und sehr gläubig, auch wenn ich ein Rauhbein bin und bewaffnet umherlaufe.

Believe me, I am a good Christian and very devout, even if I am a roughneck and walk around here armed.

Hier - ich trage sogar immer eine kleine Bibel bei mir.

Here - I even always carry a small Bible with me.

Asket

10. Leider muss ich dich enttäuschen.

Asket

10. Unfortunately I have to disappoint you.

11. Ich bin weder ein Engel noch komme ich im Auftrage Gottes.

11. I am neither an angle nor do I come on a mission from God.

12. Diese Geschichten um uns sind bewusste Irreführungen böser Elemente, die in religiöser Form bösartige Dinge heraufbeschwören wollen.

12. These stories about us are deliberate mis-directions by evil elements who want to conjure up malevolent things in a religious form.

13. Wenn du ein Religionsgläubiger bist, dann bist du bösen Irrlehren verfallen.

13. If you are a religious believer then you have succumbed to evil, false teachings.

Jitschi

Du lästerst ja Gott, das ist doch ungeheuerlich.

Jitschi

You blaspheme God. That is indeed monstrous.

Asket

14. Das ist wirklich nicht so, denn du bist derjenige, welcher durch die Religion irregeleitet ist.

Asket

14. That is really not the case, because you are the one who has been mislead by religion.

Jitschi

Das verstehe ich nicht?

Jitschi

I do not understand that?

Asket

15. Du wirst es verstehen, wenn ich dir alles erkläre.

Asket

15. You will understand it if I explain it all to you.

16. Andererseits bin ich zu einem Entschluss gelangt:

16. On the other hand, I have arrived at a decision.

17. Denn wenn du willst, kannst du mit meinem Freund und mit mir kommen, dann wirst du bald alles verstehen.

17. Because, if you want, you can come with my friend and me. Then you will soon understand everything.

Jitschi

Ich - ich soll - soll in diesen - dieses Schiff steigen?

Jitschi

Am I - I supposed - supposed to get into this - this ship?

Asket

18. Fürchtest du dich?

Asket

18. Are you frightened?

Jitschi

Wenn ich ehrlich sein soll - ja.

Jitschi

If I am to be honest - yes.

Asket

19. Wovor denn?

Asket

19. What of, then?

Jitschi

Es ist mir so fremdartig, und ich liebe trotz allem mein Leben.

Jitschi

It is so outlandish to me, and in spite of everything, I love my life.

Eduard

Du sagtest doch, du seist ein guter Christ.

Eduard

But you said you are a good Christian.

Haben denn Christen Angst vor dem Tode?

Then do Christians have a fear of death?

Jitschi

Du stellst komische Fragen - jeder Mensch fürchtet sich doch vor dem Tode.

Jitschi

You ask funny questions. Every human does indeed fear death.

Ausserdem finde ich, das ich noch nicht reif genug bin, um wirklich in den Himmel zu kommen.

Besides, I find that I am not yet mature enough to actually go to heaven.

Jesus hat doch gesagt ...

Indeed, Jesus said ...

Asket

20. Genau das hat er eben nicht gesagt, alles ist nur eine bewusst gefälschte Überlieferung.

Asket

20. That is precisely what he did not even say. It is all a deliberately falsified tradition.

21. Ausserdem hat der Mann niemals den Namen Jesus getragen.

21. Besides, the man never bore the name Jesus.

22. Er hiess schlicht und einfach Jmmanuel.

22. He was plainly and simply called Jmmanuel.

Eduard

Ich finde dein Benehmen auch nicht gerade richtig und mutig, und ausserdem glaube ich zu wissen, dass du bezüglich des Himmels grundlegend falsch orientiert bist.

Eduard

I find your behaviour also not exactly correct and courageous, and besides, I believe I know that you are basically wrongly orientated in regard to heaven.

Jitschi

Findest du? - Ihr habt etwas eigenartige Ansichten.

Jitschi

Do you think so? - You two have somewhat peculiar views.

Ich vertraue auf Gott und Jesus Christus.

I trust in God and Jesus Christ.

Eduard

Wenn du in sie vertraust, dann brauchst du dich doch nicht zu fürchten vor dem Raumschiff.

Eduard

If you trust in them, then indeed you do not need to be afraid of the spaceship.

- Ist es nicht eher so, dass dich deine liebe christliche Religion zweifeln lässt?

- Is it rather not the case that your beloved Christian religion leaves you in doubt?

Jitschi

Ich bin gläubig und nicht zweifelnd.

Jitschi

I am devout and not in doubt.

Eduard

Das scheint mir gerade der Fall zu sein - wenn ich alles im Spiegel betrachte.

Eduard

That appears to me to be exactly the case – if I reflect on everything.

Hier aber musst du deine eigene Entscheidung fällen, weil der liebe Gott und Jesus Christus nicht hier sind, denen du deine Verantwortung einfach anlasten und aufladen kannst.

Here you have to make your own decision, because dear God and Jesus Christ, who you can simply load off on and burden with your responsibility, are not here.

Dies ist leider bei den Gläubigen so, dass sie ihre eigene Verantwortung immer auf einen Heiligen oder auf den lieben Gott abwälzen, weil sie die eigene Verantwortung selbst nicht zu tragen vermögen.

It is unfortunately the case with the believers that they always shift their own responsibility onto a saint or onto dear God because they are not able to bear their own responsibility.

Daher können sie auch keine eigenen Entscheidungen und Entschlüsse fassen, die wirklich für sie wichtig sind.

Therefore they also cannot make any of their own decisions and conclusions which are really important for them.

Willst du etwas anderes behaupten, und gehörst du auch zu dieser Sorte Gläubigen?

Do you want to assert something else and do you belong to this sort of believer?

Asket

23. Das ist ein wahres Wort.

Asket

23. That is a true word.

Jitschi

Es ist wirklich komisch; du sprichst ganz verflucht hart zu mir, und trotzdem empfinde ich für dich Sympathie.

Jitschi

It is really funny; you speak quite damned hard to me and in spite of that I feel a sympathy with you.

Was ist das nur?

What is that about?

Asket

24. Es ist seine Ehrlichkeit und die Wahrheit seiner Worte, die dir unbewusst als Wahrheit klar sind.

Asket

24. It is his honesty and the truth of his words, which are unconsciously clear to you as the truth.

Jitschi

Ja - es könnte wohl so sein, denn irgendwie bin ich trotz allem Glauben immer in Zweifeln, wenn ich wirklich ehrlich sein will.

Jitschi

Yes – it could indeed be so, because somehow I am, in spite of all the belief, always in doubt, if I am to be really honest.

Eduard

Asket hier hat dir einen Vorschlag gemacht; sie ist meine Freundin, und ich bin übrigens Eduard.

Eduard

Asket here has made you a proposition; she is my friend and I am, by the way, Eduard.

Lasse nun einmal deine Zweifel Zweifel sein und deinen Glauben einfach einen Glauben.

For once just let your doubt be doubt and your belief simply a belief.

Komm mit uns ins Schiff und lass dich überraschen.

Come with us into the ship and let yourself be surprised.

Oder glaubst du, dass wir uns selbst in einen Kasten setzen und mit ihm durch die Gegend sausen, wenn das Ding jeden Augenblick auseinanderfliegen würde?

Or do you believe that we ourselves would sit in a crate and zoom through the region with it if the thing would fly apart at any moment?

Jitschi

Sicherlich nicht - aber ich fürchte mich trotzdem.

Jitschi

Certainly not - but in spite of that I am afraid.

Eduard

Hat man denn Töne.

Eduard

That's just unbelievable.

Jetzt ist der Kerl schon bald fünfzig Jahre alt und bibbert wie Espenlaub - nur weil er nun mal seinen Mann stehen soll.

This fellow is now already almost fifty years old and quivers like an aspen leaf - only because he should stand his ground for once.

Jitschi

Bald fünfzig bin ich, aber ich kann doch nichts dafür, wenn ich einfach Angst habe.

Jitschi

I am almost fifty, but I cannot help it if I am simply afraid.

Eduard (wütend)

Dann bist du eben ein verdammter Feigling - komm Asket, lassen wir ihn hier einfach versauern und gehen unserer Wege.

Eduard (furious)

Then you are just a damned coward. Come Asket, we will go our way and let him simply stagnate here.

(Zornig geworden fasste ich Asket an der Hand und zog sie einfach mit mir zum Strahlschiff hin.

(Having become angry, I grasped Asket by the hand and simply pulled her with me towards the beamship.

Nur wenige Meter weit kamen wir, aber dann rief uns die Stimme Jitschis zurück.)

We had only walked a few metres, when Jitschi's voice called us back.)

Jitschi

So wartet doch bitte.

Jitschi

Please do wait.

Eduard

Was willst du denn noch?

Eduard

Now what do you want?

Wir haben noch allerhand vor und können uns nicht um deine Angst kümmern.

We still have all sorts of things planned and we cannot concern ourselves with your fear.

Jitschi

Bitte, sei nicht so bitter - bedenke doch, dass ich bisher noch niemals so ein Schiff gesehen habe.

Jitschi

Please, do not be so bitter - indeed consider, that until now I have never seen such a ship.

Ganz zu schweigen davon, dass man mich in einem solchen Apparat mitnehmen wollte.

To say nothing of the fact that someone wants to take me along in such a device.

Eduard

Auch bei mir war es einmal das erste Mal, und ich habe nicht so saublöde getan.

Eduard

It was also once the first time for me and I did not act like such a stupid pig.

Jitschi

Du bist ganz schön hartgesotten und für dein Alter offenbar ganz verdammt geprägt.

Jitschi

You are really quite hard-bitten and, for your age, obviously quite a damned character.

Eduard

Höre sich einer doch mal diese Schnauze an; da ist der Kerl ein gutgläubiger Christensohn und Bibelheini, und plötzlich kann er fluchen wie ein Fuhrknecht.

Eduard

Just listen to this snout. Here is this fellow; an innocently trusting son of Christ, and a Bible-twerp, and suddenly he can swear like a stevedore.

Es geschehen tatsächlich noch Zeichen und Wunder, auch wenn sie nicht vom lieben Gott kommen.

Signs and wonders actually still occur, even if they do not come from dear God.

Asket (leise flüsternd)

25. Du hast wirklich eine bemerkenswerte Art, mit den Menschen umzugehen, aber offenbar ist diese Art sehr wirksam.

Asket (whispering quietly)

25. You really have a remarkable way of dealing with humans, but obviously this way is very effective.

26. Das will ich auch erlernen.

26. I also want to learn this.

Jitschi

Was flüstert ihr denn, he?

Jitschi

What are you whispering, eh?

Eduard

Wir haben gerade beraten, ob wir dich zum Mond hinauffeuern sollen.

Eduard

We were just discussing whether we should shoot you off to the Moon.

Jitschi

Du lügst, du verdammter Kerl.

Jitschi

You lie, you damned so-and-so.

Eduard

Genau - doch anscheinend hast du deine Gesinnung geändert?

Eduard

Precisely - yet apparently you have changed your mind?

Jitschi

Ich habe über deine Worte nachgedacht, vielleicht hast du ja wirklich recht damit.

Jitschi

I have pondered over your words. Perhaps you really are correct with them.

Ich komme also mit euch - auch wenn ich mir vielleicht die Hosen voll mache.

Therefore I will come with you - even if I might fill my trousers.

Eduard

Dann schmeiss ich dich aus dem Kasten - doch so schlimm wird es sicher nicht werden, oder?

Eduard

Then I will throw you out of the crate - yet it will surely not be so bad - or?

Asket

27. Lass ihn nun bitte; deine Lehre war wirksam genug.

Asket

27. Now please leave him alone; your teaching was effective enough.

Jitschi

Das glaube ich auch - du hast wirklich eine sehr liebenswürdige Art, einen von etwas Besserem zu überzeugen.

Jitschi

I believe that too - you really have a very kind way of convincing someone of something better.

Eduard

Habe ich das?

Eduard

Do I have that?

Asket

28. Kommt nun bitte und lasst das Geplänkel.

Asket

28. Now please come and leave the skirmish.

(To be continued)

Hi Dyson,

You may not be aware of this, but the rules pertaining to posting translations have been updated (to the dismay of some). "Only short translated sentences are permitted to be posted on the forum, and are part of a discussion. Since you didn't know this, I have posted your translation. Thank you for your consideration.
Scott

(Message edited by scott on June 09, 2009)

Sanjin

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, June 09, 2009 - 02:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't mean that we should sacrifice the meaning by making it more readable, but that we should find a proper balance, where we emphasize the importance of the correct values and meanings of the words. But it should be readable enough, so that people don't get turned off from reading it. One aspect of the Meier writings is that it is written in a very readable format while presenting the most complex subjects. It would be optimal to preserve this characteristic as it makes it more "legit" and also easier to understand.

Besides, most of the work should be accomplished by the translator. Our job is to make sure that the meanings are preserved and give advice if improvements can be made.

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 442
Posted on Tuesday, June 09, 2009 - 05:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matthew,

Let me ask you a question. When you think thoughts, such as pondering over the Meir material or other matters important to you, are all your thoughts composed of words in their highest word values? Never mind you don’t have to answer my silly question. My point is that the real value of reading the material is to stimulate even more thoughts of how the material translates into everyday life. By contemplating their truthfulness, one examines one’s life. And its’ real value is seen in how it makes a difference in that life.

Regards
Bob

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 09:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Phi_spiral,

Yes, I formulate my thoughts as best as I can in -matching- and -correct- language. Hopefully you do, too!

You make no point, since one can best analyse one's life with -correct- and -accurate- language.

Salome,

- Matthew

Ramirez

Post Number: 187
Posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings Dyson.

Another great contribution. Thankyou.
Now this is humor worth reading :-)

Also anyone analyzing these contact reports might consider the ease with which Asket is able to interact with average earthly persons whilst Ptaah, Semjase, Quetzal generally desire a clear space of 100 meters so as to avoid being disturbed (noise) & conversely not to cause disruptions to others.

Scott.
You might find it a surprise but perhaps the occasional dry spell and overall lack of interest might be caused by an absence of translations into English particularly the more recent 2008-2009 contacts where current issues are discussed.
So why are dedicated contributors like Dyson who prepare then post translations with no strings or agenda attached being discouraged ?
To me it seems a greater volume of translated material can only help the cause whilst limitations are simply that, limitations.
Cheers.

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 444
Posted on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 07:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matthew: "You make no point, since one can best analyse one's life with -correct- and -accurate- language."

The point is that thoughts come much too quickly to even be aware of their spelling and thus their numerical value. It is only when one writes them down does one make an effort.

Regards
Bob

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 445
Posted on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello again, Matthew

Let me give you a couple of examples to illustrate what I am saying in my post above. How many times have you thought of a word but were not sure of how to spell it when it came to writing it down? And when I say "you" I don't mean you personally, but people in general. Yet not knowing how to spell it properly is not an impediment to you thinking the "thought" or for you conveying the thought, such as you using it in a sentence when speaking to someone else in a conversation. And if someone hears you say the word in a sentence they are quite able to understand that thought without seeing the words spelled.

Regards
Bob

Hector

Post Number: 493
Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 06:09 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Language and words are a mere sub-product of the thinking process. So it someone wants to structure, organize and perfect his communicative abilities, he has to learn to structure, organize, control and master his own thoughts/way of thinking. Not viceversa, lol.....

In order to master meditation you have to concentrate your effors in things like neutralizing parasite thoughts which affect you in a negative way, learning how to contemplate things without prejudices, learning how to maintain a balanced and healthy psyche, etc etc

So the point is, working on thoughts is much more important than workin on words. Once you think about it, it becomes obvious.

Joev

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 01:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for your translations Gaiaguysnet
Thanks
Joe

Elreyjr

Post Number: 41
Posted on Monday, June 15, 2009 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dyson and Vivienne,

where ever you are, my appreciations to both of you. here is hoping you could include your future translations woven into a discussion.

the shadow of the name Jitschi fits me well. does his part/role ends there? more of related issues please.

Jun

Tobi

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 04:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hallo , im toby i like the pondering here.

First my contribution is not ment to make english people feel handycapt in studying the teachings or contact notes, but i try to say that i feel handicapt in really making a contribution and translate some in english. below is an example
of me trying.

I'm dutch so i can read german and compare and try to translate in english.
When i want to translate "Ich mochte mit dir gehen" into "I want a date with you" i feel that the meaning of it in comparison to german is harsh and violend because want is not mochte and gehen is not date, but when i translate with "I long to be with you" its maybe better but then the personal is nowhere to find the explicit feeling is gone, well this ofcourse illustrates some difficulties, when i read the stories in german or something is analytisch explaned i love the language. english is in a way demanding while in german everything seems substantial also realities of feelings and mental attitude.

Thats my contribution, and advice to try the german and read mayby there is a click sometime.

Great Asket story By the Way from Gaiaguysnet
Thanks a million

Peace Tobi

Earthling

Post Number: 263
Posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 06:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=386805075

an unauthorized translation of contact 155
Sunday, December 6, 1981, 22:45 o'clock

Villatlf

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,
I have translated some videos about Billy Meier and the TJ into Spanish. The latest one is a Coast to Coast AM program interview conducted by George Noory to Michael Horn in the 2007. Michael is suggesting me to share them with the Forum, since few of the members speak Spanish and they can suggest corrections if they are need it.

The Coast to Coast program in Spanish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c4hJpz7_bA (Michael is aware of my translation)

The Key Spiritual Teachings of the TJ in Spanish

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=302FD52962367A01&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL (authorized by Dietmar Rothe)

The “Contact” movie.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=956404CDA4F997FB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL (I hope I am not violating any copy write)

Thanks,

Francisco

Earthling

Post Number: 267
Posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 05:37 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

An interesting piece of conversation regarding Billy, between Billy & Queztal, from Contact 155, Sunday, December 6, 1981, 22:45 o'clock.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=386805075

Quetzal:
99. That’s just it:
100. Even you create a problem for us.
101. A mystery surrounds you which we are not able to fathom.
102. Now and then, you write teaching material for our spirit leaders which exhibits everything at the level of an JHWH, like also Ptaah.
103. And everyone speaks very respectfully of you, even the High Council only speaks of you with extreme reverence.
104. But what all this means remains a mystery to us, and the High Council won’t disclose the secret of what surrounds you.
105. I also know about Ptaah that he depends on the High Council to ask you about spirit-scientific questions and problems as well as Creation-related questions and the like, after which you can then actually give him advice and teachings that he himself is still ignorant of.
106. We questioned the High Council about the solution to this mystery, but we left with the advice that we must ask you because the right information relating to this lies solely with you.
107. The High Council, so it was told to us, would only be entitled to the information if the level of Arahat Athersata would give permission, etc.
108. So I now ask you:
109. Why is the High Council silent, and why are you, in matters related to Creation and spiritual teachings and their laws and commandments, their structure and relationships, etc., so much more educated, of understanding, knowledged, and wise that even Ptaah is asked and ordered by the High Council to catch up to you in confidential ways of knowledge, teaching, and advice?
110. What mystery surrounds you and why don’t we know the solution to this?
111. And why also does the High Council remain silent?

Billy:
Sorry, my son, but I would not like to talk about that yet. For the time being, the mystery should still remain another mystery, not just for you, but also for the group members of FIGU. In regards to this, I must also insist on the fact that this is not spoken of for the time being, also not that I produce teaching material for your spirit leaders, etc. The earliest time when this topic can be addressed will be when I finally get around to writing and completing the book “OM.” As with the group members, you will have to be patient at least until then, after which you will then learn a lot from the book “OM,” even about matters that remain a mystery to you until now, even though your knowledge and wisdom are much greater than the Earth people’s. However, the book “OM” will also only supply you with vague clues when the time comes; thus, in spite of everything, you will still have to strive diligently around the full solution to the mystery. But one thing I would like to tell you now, nevertheless, is that you will have to revise some of your opinions and views very much when you unveil the mystery. You will also be very sorry, particularly with the fact that you are rather arrogant at times and think that you have fed wisdom to others with an especially large spoon. But in truth, you are only a small cog in the entire transmission, even if the Earth people think that you are far ahead and superior to others in things relating to technology, ethics, knowledge, logic, and wisdom, as well as innumerable other things. But one day, you will see that everyone is of the same origin, created from a uniform idea and force, which made you alive and aware, and which is even faced at the modern time.

Quetzal:
112. Your words are puzzling to me, and they also seem to be attacking me, my friend, for which you will probably have to give me account!

Billy:
Hardly, because what you find to be attacking only represents the truth, even though you might not like it.

Quetzal:
113. You accept that your words are correct?

Billy:
Certainly, my son. The time will still come when you will want to apologize to me when you recognize the truth of my words.

Quetzal:
114. Then your words must be of profound significance, but which I am currently not able to fathom, which is why I would not like to continue to talk about these things.
115. However, there is still something else that you should explain to me:
116. We found out just recently through the High Council that all of your writings contain a very complicated code that releases certain impulses within people who are occupied with listening to or reading the writings, which also applies to us and our people, who likewise use your writings.
117. What is the explanation of this?

Billy:
I would like to give you information about that at a later time. On the other hand, this is also another mystery, which also may only be discussed when I have written the book “OM.” Then, at the earliest, talk of the code can occur, which is also a very important component of the entire mission, as this is also the case with the Codex, which enters into force as soon as the contents of the book “OM” are written. First, I must finally write the book, even if my poor health and many other matters and jobs only allow me to tackle and carry out this task with great difficulty.

Quetzal:
118. We were also informed by the High Council about this Codex and, thus, we stand in ongoing instruction.
119. We must strive a lot with respect to this and investigate many things, but the High Council helps us.
120. It is an enormous work that we have to do – concerning you.

Earthling, please try and limit your posting of translations, this was mentioned on a post from Dyson recently as well. Posting the link to this translation would have sufficed. Thank you-Scott

(Message edited by scott on June 22, 2009)

Bianca

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 05:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I understand how some have the facilities and means to post a link to a broader document on a different website or blog, etc. as per example above, but I would not want to loose Dyson's translations no matter how long they are for all the obvious reasons, surely!

Rarena

Post Number: 449
Posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 07:36 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Francisco,

Thank you for the Spanish Translations, my spanish friends who are interested in Billy will learn a great deal from your work.

Salome,

Randy ô¿ô

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page