Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through August 29, 2009

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Translations » Archive through August 29, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Scott

Post Number: 1835
Posted on Friday, August 07, 2009 - 07:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Everyone,

Here is an e-mail sent from Marianne Uehlinger which she requested be posted on the forum.

Dear forum members,

Yesterday we sat together with Billy, discussing some words. I told him about Matthew. Do you know, what he answered? He said: "Tell him he is a crazy know-it-all who understands nothing about the meaning of the 'Goblet of Truth' and the German language therein." We also discussed the right English expression for "Goetze". It is definitely not "idol". Billy said, idol was completely wrong and meant something different than Goetze, such as i.e. an actor/actress, a football star, etc. He said that "tin god" was the best translation. "Heidengott" would also be good, but we couldn't find a proper English translation. So throughout the "Goblet of Truth", tin god will be the expession for "Goetze". Willem is going to write an explanation what "Goetze" really means.

Salome
Mariann

Scott

Syn

Post Number: 220
Posted on Friday, August 07, 2009 - 08:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

leave it to billy to drop the STFU hammer.

way to go billy you tell em like it is xD.
They must find it difficult...Those who have taken authority as the truth, rather then the truth as the authority

-Gerald Massey

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 116
Posted on Friday, August 07, 2009 - 08:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'4. Wenn bei Klugen eine Meinungsverschiedenheit aufkommt, dann wird daraus ein Scherz gemacht - oder sie schweigen, denn Kluge schweigen oder scherzen, denn sie sind nicht primitiv, sondern wissend.'

'4. If among clever men a variance of opinion comes up, then a joke gets made therefrom - or they are silent, for they are not primitive, sunder witting.'

Also, Billy has not spoken with me about the matter.

I did not aequate 'idol' with 'Götze', as the word properly means 'Bild' in Greek and thus an image, something one imitates, like an icon (also Greek), but gave it for sense.

If I could speak to Billy, I would set him right about his misjudgement.

Salome,

- Matthew

Indi

Post Number: 330
Posted on Friday, August 07, 2009 - 11:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I personally do not see any positive purpose coming out of posting such a comment about a member of the forum.

As other posts are moderated, I would have thought this post would also fall under that rule.

I am disappointed!!

Robyn

Badr

Post Number: 503
Posted on Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 12:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guys,

Please cool down. One more post about the current discussion and we will consider closing the topic altogether.

Just relax and take a deep breath and find something else to discuss.

Peace

Michael_horn

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 09:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At the moderator's discretion.

Dear Indi,

On the chance that your comment was an objection to the words directed to Matthew and attributed to Billy, I point out the following. For some time we have been treated to quite deliberate, highly manipulative behavior by someone who has often disrespectfully prolonged various ruses, such as the capitalization of English nouns and the "High English" farces, to name two of the most recent. If I recall correctly, in the past he even admitted to certain deliberately disruptive behavior that was first called out by Dyson, some time ago.

A respectful person of modest intelligence would, most likely, when confronted with objection to their attempting to maintain and justify such behavior, cease to continue it. But when someone masks their passive-aggressiveness with fancy words and lofty sounding concerns for bringing a new heaven on earth to the English speaking world, their contempt for their fellow is no less deserving of being firmly and finally called out for what it is. And it matters not that the person is "young", or that unresolved emotional dynamics are intrinsic to the problem, whether recognized or considered by them or not.

Had Billy decided to single this person out for their remarkable brilliance and sanity, as well as their uniquely evolved understanding of the teaching and command of the German language, I for one would have welcomed and appreciated his comments, unique as they would also have been. However, in this instance, such was not the case. And, considering not only that our Swiss FIGU friends don't engage in anti-social, deliberately time wasting behavior among themselves, nor coddle other people that do, and most likely don't tolerate it also on the forum, a truth-is-harsh moment (somewhat rare as they are) might be viewed as a welcome course correction.

Naturally, and tellingly, the person about whom the comment was made only regrets that he didn't have the chance to straighten Billy out personally, at least showing that he has the same contempt for him as he does for the rest of us here, and is kind enough to point it out to Billy and the rest of us by citing the teaching itself. Hopefully Billy will be brought up quickly enough, by his "own" words no less, and not lack the good sense, or even have the temerity, to make such a misstep again. Maybe now those here who as yet don't recognize the depth of this person's self-delusion, or his equally inadvertently revealed overall design to hijack the teaching itself, with all of those dangerous implications, will understand that the same thing that has happened in the past to the teaching could happen again, should we not be vigilant.

There's a certain irony, of course, that Billy's remarks towards our recalcitrant friend appeared in the translation section, as it seems that often expressed objections to this member's obtuseness and disrespectfulness are simply not understood, ignored or responded to by him with even more "crazy know-it-all" arrogance and hunkering down in a "me against the world" style.

A true sign of that super high intelligence we're all apparently unappreciative of, would be more obvious when a sincere expression of apology to all for having used the forum/us to perpetuate his own dysfunction, hidden agenda and self-deception, was offered.

I approved Michaels response to Indi, as I approved Matthews response to Billy's comments. No more posts will be allowed at this point in regards to this discussion. Thanks-Scott

(Message edited by scott on August 08, 2009)

Sanjin

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 02:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that Billy got his definition of idol from watching American Idol. What he said is partly true, because an idol can be a positive idol, as being someone successful, a person who one looks up to.

But the meaning of idol is also a meaning for the negative idols like as quoted from:

www.thefreedictionary.com

i·dol (dl)
n.
a. An image used as an object of worship.
b. A false god.
2. One that is adored, often blindly or excessively.
3. Something visible but without substance.

dictionary.com

idol [ahyd-l] Show IPA
Use idol in a Sentence
–noun
1. an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.
2. Bible.
a. an image of a deity other than God.
b. the deity itself.
3. any person or thing regarded with blind admiration, adoration, or devotion: Madame Curie had been her childhood idol.
4. a mere image or semblance of something, visible but without substance, as a phantom.
5. a figment of the mind; fantasy.
6. a false conception or notion; fallacy.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/idol

Main Entry: idol
Pronunciation: \ˈī-dəl\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French idle, from Late Latin idolum, from Greek eidōlon image, idol; akin to Greek eidos form — more at idyll
Date: 13th century
1 : a representation or symbol of an object of worship; broadly : a false god
2 a : a likeness of something b obsolete : pretender, impostor
3 : a form or appearance visible but without substance <an>
4 : an object of extreme devotion <a >; also : ideal 2
5 : a false conception : fallacy

So the only problem with the word idol is that is includes the positive idol as well, which the German word Goetze does not. Billy would be a positive idol, so one is allowed to look up to him as an idol. That is why I proposed to make it idols (tin gods) to make it clear that the negative idol is meant.

Tin gods is also not a perfect translation.

Badr

Post Number: 505
Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 02:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Sanjin,

It might be worth more if you sent an email to the translation team, than making a proposal on the forum that no on will be able to do anything about.

Peace..

Sanjin

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 02:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I apologize, I only read to the end of the page after posting my last message. It should still be considered.

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 120
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 05:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recommend reading the section 'Meinungsverschiedenheiten sind positiv, Streit ist negativ' in 'Sinnvolles, Würdevolles, Wertvolles' by Billy.

Salome,

- Matthew

Sparky

Post Number: 28
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dyson mentioned some time ago that he was working on one of Billy's recent books on fluidal forces. I have been looking for the translation of said book and am eager to read any translation of it.

Does anyone know of this book and how the translation is coming?

Thanks

Bianca

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have you searched M.H. website?

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 802
Posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

Looks like this thread (the only one I ever look at anymore) has been busy! I've saved the archives since the last time I checked in and will check them out off line.

I've just read the first draft of GoT.

Our Fluidal Forces translation has not started yet and it's only going to be the glossary. We still have a way to go with finishing Asket's Explanations ... speaking of which, the long-awaited episode where young Edward meets Jmmanuel has just been emailed to our good friend James at www.futureofmankind.co.uk

Cheers!
Dyson

Savio

Post Number: 627
Posted on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 02:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Dyson and Vivienne

Much thanks to your continuous translation contributions.

I wonder if our moderators have any decision on resuming the posting of your translations yet.

Anyway, all the best to you both

Salome

Savio

Ramirez

Post Number: 250
Posted on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 07:20 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Dyson & Vivienne.

Will catch up with the latest episode at James site.
Cheers.

Markcampbell

Post Number: 229
Posted on Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 04:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dyson & Vivienne ;

Just a quick note in apreciation of your contributions . I've noticed an improvement in your translations , which were already very good .

Salome , Mark

Earthling

Post Number: 282
Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 - 02:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just like to remind people, there are unofficial translations of contact reports 133-171

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=386805075

check for more translations periodically.

Savio

Post Number: 628
Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 - 07:25 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Earthing

Thanks for the effort, this is really nice

Salome

Savio

Ramirez

Post Number: 252
Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 - 08:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings Earthling.

Wow these translated contact reports are an absolute treasure.
One needs to wade through them but there just happens by some seeming miracle answers flying towards you regarding unsolved questions from the past.
Oh man Quetzal is so incredibly smart it's mind boggling.
He and Billy make the perfect partners in crime

The Investigator surely deserves high praise for his contributions .... an unsung hero of the highest order.

Thankyou ...
Cheers.

Earthling

Post Number: 283
Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just to clear up any unintended misunderstanding regarding those myspace contact report translations: I happened across them and am passing them on. They are not my works and efforts. Though I think whomever did them, has done quite a good job.

Sanjin

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 - 06:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was wondering if those translations could be posted on the futureofmankind wiki. They are unofficial and unauthorized, but maybe Dyson or someone else could kindly check them through and authorize them.

I was also wondering if Dyson and Vivianne could look through some of their older translations and improve them if necessary. I'm pretty sure that there was a section from the OM which was translated as the Creation speaking to the prophet, but it should be the prophet speaking of the Creation.
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Jamesm

Post Number: 155
Posted on Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I've been thinking of putting those Myspace contact reports on futureofmankind.co.uk. I will get around to it soon and mark them as unauthorised and unofficial in a big red rectangle at the top of each one. I'll contact the author to let him know also.
James G. T. Moore
Webmaster www.futureofmankind.co.uk

Thomas

Post Number: 706
Posted on Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 02:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing against Dyson, since I too appreciate his efforts, but he has no au= thority to authorize any translations of FIGU material as I understand it.= =A0 He is only authorized to publish his own translations if I have underst= ood what I have read on their old site.
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page