Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through January 24, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Translations » Archive through January 24, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Sanjin

Post Number: 96
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

320)Modesty is the true nature of the true people of your kind (human beings), who go along in honesty and equitableness (fairness/responsibility) and who determine their words and deeds accordingly; and it is not possible to trust anyone who raises themselves up and sets themselves above others in any way, rather true trust can only be given to someone who leads their present existence in modesty and also displays modesty in their dealings with you.

Good to see that they fixed selflessness to modesty. The translation is getting real good.
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Scott

Post Number: 1908
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matthew,

You have gone too far with this. No more posts will be accepted from you on this topic.

Scott
FIGU Forum Moderator

Kingman

Post Number: 745
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 01:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matthew,

I(myself), have waited patiently, very patiently, for your talent to concluded, through all your efforts regarding translations, to eventually realize that English speaking/reading humans want readable script of these incredible understandings. We/I don't want/don't need/don't hope for/don't wish, translation tidbits that are so unnecessary, so un-empowering(if that's even a word), so not wanted, to help us understand what Billy is trying to convey in his messages, through your efforts, which now make our language unusable again, I'm actually getting nauseous.

If that didn't make sense, well then your doing a fine job. Stop. Your efforts are not helping now. Billy's information doesn't always require such far-off description no one will ever use again. Your over the top efforts, while commendable, are having a poor result. It's not beneficial being so smarmy with your uppity dialogue. I can take a lot of meaningless posts before I snap at the bandwidth waster here on FIGU. But It's not creating value for the value that this information is.

You won't see that of course, but I do, and I'm so tired of it. Is your idea about isolating people with your indulgent flow(my god, what have you caused me to say!) really your main goal.

IMO, of course, your not serving the mission. It's tiring, beat, consuming, and a host of other things that are not pleasant. It's your choice of course, continue sowing the seeds of convolution, but your posts are distracting from what we are here trying to learn. Do you care that I feel this way? Don't answer no if you don't care. That would be very confusing then. But, if you do care, please respond with something in plain old crappy English. I mean really now, come on.
a friend in america
Shawn

Syn

Post Number: 253
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 07:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

agreed, i dont see any relevance from matts posts. it all seems so pointless but then again thats what i see.

but another thing i keep thinking about is understanding the root of the word and the way its used and in what "realm"

Example. Human Being in The legal world means monster as to say Monsters cannot own now have anything for extended periods. something to think.

I think once you are absolutely sure or on something thats real as to where the word comes from, what intention is used to use that word in a way and the root of the word and when it was originated along the correct "realm" its used IN is very important.

just throwing a few chopped up pennies on the floor xD
They must find it difficult...Those who have taken authority as the truth, rather then the truth as the authority

-Gerald Massey

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 232
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 11:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too far with what?

I do not understand your reaction to my latest post. Perhaps if you send me an e-mail about it you can explain to me what the problem is.

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 233
Posted on Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sanjin,

Or, on the other hand, it is becoming quite worse. While it is less likely to become misunderstood, is is proportionately likely not to become understood.

Salome,

- Matthew

Michael_horn

Post Number: 134
Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that Kingman has a point here in as much as "recreating" English in some old/new and improved form, such as Matthew is attempting to do, is a distraction from, and counterproductive to, learning the spiritual teaching.

It doesn't take anything away from whatever work Matthew would like to do and pursue regarding the English language, it's just that to put it here is effectively sabotaging the purpose of the topic of translations, though certainly not Matthew's intention.

Since Matthew does have a certain command of both languages, perhaps he would be willing to focus on providing meaningful, acceptable translations of the material. For instance, Benjamin, who makes no claims at either being expert in language or authorized as an official translator, does his work with FIGU's apparent blessing nonetheless, as can be read here:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=386805075

So, hopefully Matthew will apply his abilities to making this treasure of information available to us and do so without the effectively sabotaging multiple choice options of archaic and over invented...or otherwise distracting and useless "English" words.

How's about that?

Darren

Post Number: 127
Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 04:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"agreed, i dont see any relevance from matts posts. it all seems so pointless but then again thats what i see."

Matt's ok imo. He just tries too hard sometimes as well as says something silly every now and then too. His not perfect just as I and anyone else is. I like free speech too even if person is confusing sometimes too. What doesn't kill/confuse you just makes you stronger.

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 238
Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 02:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kingman,

You seem very confused. Meditation could help that.

Wanting, wishing, hoping, needing and intending/willing are indeed distinct actions and feelings.

As probably you well know, identifying 'concepts'/apprehendals and giving them a concrete symbol has the exact opposite effect from convolution or tortuizing or perplexing or confusing or entangling, as each sharp word not only cuts to an essence, but also sheds bright light upon the undescribed.

It is an uncircumventable prerequisite and necessity unto understanding Billy's writings that one learn the German language up as thoroughly as is possible at one. That English contains many irregular forms cannot be blamed upon me. Just buy a dictionary and look up the much easier German equivalents in the FREE online Grimm dictionary.

Buy an Oxford-Duden or Langenscheidt English-German/German-English dictionary, and compare! For modern terms of word, a lexicon would help.

Salome,

- Matthew

Kingman

Post Number: 746
Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 08:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Matthew truly desires to help others understand this highest of high knowledge, he would make it readable for the masses.

I have a friend who is in general a very logical thinking person. We had a discussion regarding 'Talmmund of Jmmanuel' and the language it would of been written in. His logic said it would of been written in Greek, which he claimed would of been the language of business at the time of this writing. My argument decided that it would of been written in the language of the people of that area so it would of been in Aramaic, logically. He was adamant in his claim an couldn't see otherwise. Of course I had a little bit more information on the circumstances and acquired others to side with my logic in this ongoing saga of a discussion.

The main point was this, why would you write your story of your people in a language not of your own, so your children would never read it? True, very few could read or write back then, and even less could understand Greek.

So the moral of this post is this, can we get translations we all can simply read and grasp the greater meaning and not have to bombard our thoughts with unnecessary twists and turns, or new inventions of word puzzles? In other words, not many here can read or write Greek, so why go there? IMO of course.

I suggest Matthew continue his efforts on a website of his own if he desires to maintain the tiring scribe(see, now I'm doing it!), I mean writing.

Darren, there is no free speech when you have moderators. They are a necessary element do to various human thoughts that are released when they are best not exposed. We all think such negative thoughts, but some of us have a better control of our 'pause' before we decide on speaking them.
a friend in america
Shawn

Sonik_01

Post Number: 110
Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 08:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matthew,

Just because you use big words doesn't mean you're smart, or understand anything. Same goes for your use of the language. The bigger words you use, the more confusing it is. KISS - KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID. Just use the same old crappy Enlish because it is what everybody here understands. Anything else is just an alien language.

Just to let you in on a little secret - It takes a greater mind and more understanding to explain great mysteries in simple words(synthesis) than to make a big mystery more unsolvable by using big useless words. Use unsophisticated logic in your words, actions, and life, and you should see a huge improvement in the quality of your interactions with us lowly FIGU people on this forum.

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 241
Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 10:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michael,

For me, actually, thoroughly finding correct correspondents for German terminologies has strongly improved and accelerated my studies of the spirit-teaching.

It says in OM that 'of differences there are many' and repeats this throughout Canon 29, and I am convinced that the only way to elide all the ills in my own psyche is to become aware of them by language, that acts as a net to catch them and as a flashlight to uncover them.

And, the point in using such uncommon, archaic synonyms is to give a truly accurate transverbation of the German word, alongside explanations in common English terminology. These words, though uncommon now o'days, can become found in the big dictionaries, the Oxford English Dictionary and the Webster's Third New International Dictionary, and the definitions given there, especially in the Oxford, are extremely helpful for an English-speaker's understanding of the German, alongside the Grimm Wörterbuch and a good lexicon.

My intention is not to distract or to confuse, but to make learning German -precisely- easier for others who are not quite as zealous as I am with a dictionary.

I have decided to make transverbations adjoined to the translations for that purpose, so that not only are misunderstandings avoided, as in the Goblet of Truth translation, but also -understandings- are encouraged and aided for those with the discipline to thoroughly learn up the German language.

Let it be known, too, Michael, that something must be interesting someone, because I have been visited by the repetitious return of figher-jets, planes and helicopters, the latter two of which have shaken my house, as well as swarms of cars with highly curious licence-plates. I am followed by these at present time in my car, on walks, etc.

You said something about receiving an unprecedented number of hits on your website from government-sources...

Salome,

- Matthew

Mgilbo1

Post Number: 108
Posted on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 11:36 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I second what Kingman and Michael_Horn said. Its getting old having 20 posts going round and round on what a word means in a translation. Half the time no one is correct except in their own mind. Maybe some of these exchanges can be done using personal email instead of on the forum. Just a thought.
Mark Gilbo

Sanjin

Post Number: 98
Posted on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matthew, just show some respect to fellow posters and have some consideration with your postings. It's all laid out in the Netiquette, which serves to maintain order in this forum and so that visitors can enjoy their visits and share their insights.

I specifically told Johnny that he should be free to give his opinions and then you immediately came by telling him basically that he is unqualified to comment on the English language, although he did bring up a good point.

When you post four times in a row, it completely discourages anyone to read your stuff, considering also that it is incredibly hard to understand. Just on the last page 13 out of 23 posts are yours. Do not dominate a topic, but talk to people. Much of your writings come across like some 1337 language and not English. And when you do give some good insights, you should explain it in a language that most people understand. Speak to your audience, instead of showing off all the vocabulary you know and which we do not.

To get back to the topic, please elaborate on your last post, because I don't know what you mean.
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Thomas

Post Number: 791
Posted on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paranoia anyone???=A0 :-)
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Scott

Post Number: 1909
Posted on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know what the problem is here. This section was setup with the intention of sharing and discussing translations of the material being presented by Billy and the Plejarens, nothing more nothing less. Since some of the translations were starting to become quite extensive and lengthy it was decided those who chose to continue with translating could post them at an alternate location, which in my opinion has proven to be productive and informative. Since then it seems this section has turned out to be something else entirely. This section is not about the continued refinement of the English Language no matter how crude distorted and twisted it has become. Most of us know this, and strive in our own way to make sense out of what we have up to this point. This is the FIGU Forum, which in essence was created to discuss the teachings of Billy and the Plejarens since its inception in the late 90's. Although, many people have come and gone during the early days, the core purpose still remains. I have noticed a trend where there seems to be less respect in some cases and things have become more personal. This may be a form of degeneration, which has occurred whether consciously or not.

There are a number of posts in the queue of which a majority are still bouncing back and forth with comments about the subject which has been dominating this area and has been discussed over and over again. I am not going to post any of them, because it just seems to add more fuel to the fire.... This forum is very unique and in my opinion one of a kind. There is nothing like it on the entire planet earth, so lets make it something people will be drawn to and set an example of what is possible for us as humans as we find our way into the Aquarian Age.

Scott

Markcampbell

Post Number: 334
Posted on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 11:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Instead of posting a large post /notice/announcement/flyer/communique/bunch of letters/soapbox typing fixoma/rapture of the keyboard /verboziggima/foam peanuts ,

Shawn's post
Michael's post
Kingman's post
Thank you Scott , for ending the torture of the drinking of the poisoned river .

words are meant only as a way to represent thoughts , and we have all been insulted and condescended on for long enough on the issue .

Billy has also weighed in on the matter , so I'm surprised that the dead horse has been beaten even deader by now .

end of trance-mission

Darren

Post Number: 132
Posted on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - 02:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I take back that bit i said about it being good to be confusing at times, not in the translation section anyway. I see what Scott means and agree with it.

Edward

Post Number: 1620
Posted on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - 02:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys....

I would agree with what most of you have said, here. And, like-wise agree with
Scott.

WE should indeed, keep the postings as 'minimal' in contents as possible, and
not a - Continuing Story -, sort of thing!

As Ptaah would like to see it: "Short, Direct and to the point!"

Thus: "it is NOT the Quantity that counts....BUT...the Quality!", as the
saying goes. Simple as that.

If we follow the last mentioned saying: there would be less brainstorming or
whatever type of non sense. Time to Think as an Adult.....

Edward.

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 249
Posted on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - 10:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

75. Richten (dressing, aligning, garnishing, 'judging', justifying, redirecting, false-conciliating)

=

75. Opinionating

Salome,

- Matthew

Yoid

Post Number: 74
Posted on Thursday, January 21, 2010 - 07:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I need help.I found words in Billy books,that I can't translate as there are no words in other languages.As far as I know I speak 3 languages, I can't find the meaning of those worlds.Is there a dictionary of those unknown worlds(old?) explaining them in german or something else?
German is a specific language.

Thanks

Darren

Post Number: 137
Posted on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 07:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gaiaguys wrote
http://forum.figu.org/us/messages/863/1323.html#POST46208

please disregard my 127 post here.

Sanjin

Post Number: 100
Posted on Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yoid,

you can just post them here and I'll see what can be done. It also helps if you post the context in which they are given. If you could, just copy down the whole sentences, that would be great.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page