Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through March 13, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » New Ideas to help the mission improve » Archive through March 13, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Michael_horn

Post Number: 168
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 07:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Re Shirley M, I don't think that she is exactly that appreciate by FIGU and I think she's ticked off anyway because Steelmark used her photo in TSAT.

Scott

Post Number: 1953
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She acted in a movie in 1986 called "Out on a Limb". Billy's information was interwoven into the movie, but distorted and changed. You might want to check out the movie, I'm sure there are copies available.

Darren

Post Number: 181
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2010 - 11:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott, I haven't seen the movie, but apart from that, I never seen or heard Shirley McClain talking about the Meier case, let alone trying to promote it.

Does she mention Billy at all in the film? Is it worth watching?

Jokoveltman

Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 01:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michael,

I just had a few interesting ideas for shirt/poster/apron/etc designs: some very clear photograph (the "Wedding Cake"?) with the text: "I chose the red pill" (or maybe "choose"); a picture similar to the one they used for Mulder's (X-Files) poster (the one on the cover of "And Yet ... They Fly", maybe?) with the text, "The truth is HERE.", and finally, a reproduction of the "Weisheit" symbol (I can vectorize it if someone sends me a JPG, GIF, or some other image format) and the text, "Got Wisdom?" I know they play on marketing clichés, but I'd definitely be tempted.

Peace,

Tim

Scott

Post Number: 1954
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 03:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Darren,

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but one of the characters (David) in the movie claims to have had contact with an E.T. He displays paintings/drawings of Billy's Wedding Cake Ship. If I'm not mistaken Shirley was inspired to do the movie after visiting with Billy, but then felt it would be too damaging to her career to actually state the truth, so she wove it into a story. It was presented as a Television Movie (1987 not 1986) divided into 2 or 3 parts. You can read about it at the following link: http://us.figu.org/portal/BillyMeier/InterviewwithBilly1988/tabid/62/Default.aspx
In addition, there is a photo of her in Billy's small booklet (Brochure of Photographs) taken in October 1981.

Regards
Scott

Earthling

Post Number: 398
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 03:25 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Shirley M. went to see Billy and plied him with questions for several days. After which, she wrote her book, Out on a Limb, twisting/stealing and altering what Billy told her, into some mishmash of sectarian teachings, ufology and new age crap. She moved the locale/setting from Switzerland to South America, changed names and didn't mention Billy.

But I am not 100% sure on this. Anyone who knows something regarding Shirley M. and Billy, please spill your guts. In the meantime I will do some digging.

Darren

Post Number: 183
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 01:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks very much for that link Scott!

But it should come as no surprise that celebrities are (all) selfish and only think of themselves and their image, both when their alive and dead.

Thx, I won't waste my time watching her dumb film.

Norm

Post Number: 1337
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 01:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shirley had her chance & failed the mission.
My Website

Darren

Post Number: 184
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 01:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott, another thing, how could it be damaging to her career whether she uses a fictitious person/place or not? Its still saying the same thing? At least if she stuck with Meier she could have/show definitive proof. The way I see it is it would be more damaging to her career to invent fictitious persons and events that cannot be checked out instead of saying Meier. I guess her reasons not to mention him were selfish ones, probably she couldn't bare to see another above her image or something like that.

Rarena

Post Number: 567
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 04:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Darren,

Nice to meet you my name is Randy... Shirley made the movie in the 80's and I've enjoyed watching it.

It was just a story yet her film made me realize there was an interesting person in Europe (Billy) who had abilties that our Swiss friend has.

In the movie she told a story Bernadette told me concering a ride Billy, Silvano and Freddy had with Billy holding the roof with his hand while driving back to the Semjase Silver Star Centre...

It was only after they reached the centre did they realize Billy only had one arm yet drove that crazy winding road without using even that!

Telling the truth to many so confused and bewildered can be dangerous. Many do not understand these logical truthful expressions since they are blinded and so greatly influenced by the dogmatic material world. The I'll believe it when I see it crowd (taught by con-findence men) men of faith and those who blindly worship... so materialistic and somehow better than others... because of this superior or richer inequality... when... in fact... we are all equal... we deserve equal respect and equal treatment... There is no them... only us.

Being neutral positive about this whole thing:

Shirley may have thought she was protecting Billy from a bar'rage of these bewildered looky loos... Her fame definately made more people aware of this incredible fount of knowledge...

She is still friends with the Elders and it is my understanding she still converses occasionaly about the Meier case. There were many shaken out of the tree when in 1996 or so... the information came out that the Meier Case was a fake, myself included. It was my friend Cleve Backster who rekindled my interest by revealing a couple facts (Totoulus objects beyond Pluto) that came true a few days later...

That was in 2004... yet Billy's case has been mildly interesting to me since 1976 or even before.

If evolution could be compared to gold...information to knowledge, to wisdom, to consciousness to evolution can be gained from many sources. You have hit the mother lode... eh eh...

Salome,

R.Arena

Davidmg

Post Number: 37
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many people have wonderful ideas on promoting FIGU. However, there must be great thought and great care taken into consideration on the promotion of the mission. Please remember that Billy has dedicated his existence to helping the humans both near and afar progress their spiritual evolution. Even the Spiritual Symbols have a purpose where every image has deep and very accurate meaning. So should external material relating to FIGU and the mission that members collectively wish to promote with the best of all our knowledge. Because such images will have to last many many life times. And if it is to be alongside other Official FIGU material it must do so with elegance, because those too must also need to withstand a ridicule factor by those who are unknowing. And all of Earths history one day will look back to days of Mr. Meier and will realize the real importance of his incredibly burdensome task. So, in our time now do we want associate those images with TV programs that contain an entertainment value? Or, do we want to take the time to access our thoughts to the best of our knowledge and to really put together the best images that best promote what FIGU represents. The Mission.

Davidmg

Jokoveltman

Post Number: 30
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Beautiful words are seldom true, and true words are seldom beautiful" (paraphrase;OM).

Mahigitam

Post Number: 103
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 12:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how about stickers like these..i have been driving with them on for 8 months..hope it may have triggered someone...
In nature there are no names... - mahigitam

Smukhuti

Post Number: 254
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 02:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quite innovative. Michael Horn's site has a moving advertisement in an Indian town!!
You made my day.

How has been the peoples reaction?
Salome.
Suv

Michael_horn

Post Number: 171
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love the stickers too, where'd you have them made, etc.?

A few words about promoting through T-shirts, etc. As I think most of you know, I don't carry any outside ads on my site, nor do I advertise on other sites. I tried a couple of small google ads but it got too expensive.

No matter what you do or don't do, there will always be people who criticize you. I still actually get complaints about selling books and DVDs, etc., mainly from people who haven't read all the free info at my site and the linked ones!

I get pretty brutal with them, even asking them if/how they pay for THEIR computers, internet, phone, food, etc. I also remind them that I didn't invent money, and that I do all my work on the mission voluntarily. Of course there are people who think you're credible only if you sell stuff, etc.

But, not being much of a materialist myself, I notice that this whole thing gets used against people because those who think it isn't "spiritual" to sell things, i.e. offer something of value in exchange for something of value, tend to have certain issues that they want to project on others.

Now, if you notice trends going back to even the 1960s, the "materialistic" world has a way of co-opting things that even start out as some form of rebellion, etc. and end up advertising deodorant using the same/similar slogans and energy of the original thing. And people who thought it was unique to get tattoos now see themselves coming and going, along with all the people who think their purpose in life is to walk around like a hardware store display with a bunch of metal tacks in their heads, etc.

So we've decided to turn the tables on this by shamelessly promoting...positive, spiritual, consciousness
related information and images from the Meier case, keeping it within the bounds of good taste, aesthetics, etc.; it's kind of an answer also to those who complain that there's no "good news" in society, just the focus on the bad.

Since young people want to be on the cutting edge too, why not give them something to relate to that may also pique the interest and curiosity of others?

My point is that we can also use the tools and mechanisms of this world in a positive way and keep our motivation pure and straight. In the process we answer needs and questions, and help to bust up...belief systems that just because something is promoted, sold, etc. it's automatically not good, spiritual, etc.

Of course we're working with trial and error, welcoming feedback, etc. And my partner in this, Jack, is busy creating and uploading new images so do check out the shop. And another thought about stickers, on my last car I got a regular peace symbol and put it on right side up, will probably do it again on the one I have now.

Stephen_moore

Post Number: 226
Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 10:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bet these persons dont complain about buying a bible or putting money into a pot that is passed round in a church.
Website addresses - www.ufofacts.co.cc - www.thecircleforhumanity.net

Darren

Post Number: 188
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2010 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rarena,

Its nice to meet you too! :-)

I don't know any of that. Lets hope she had good intentions not to mention Meier.

Mahigitam

Post Number: 105
Posted on Monday, March 08, 2010 - 05:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have them made in stickers shop,where they make number plates for bikes & cars...
i didnt know whether anyone has seen it or not apart from my family,friends,relatives,some colleagues..but one of my colleague asked about it and said that he visited the site but cudnt understand wats it all about...

"When the student is ready, the master presents himself"...even though these people visit the website,it wont open their minds..as their eyes are blind to it.
In nature there are no names... - mahigitam

Sitkaa

Post Number: 216
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a conversation (edited for brevity) that got carried off board but seems relevant to the greater audience of the FIGU board.

sitkaa:
Howdy Stafath,
I am still curious about what it is that intrigues you so. Is it the 'spiritual' world of the Plejarens or the technology they use or the societal relationships they have built?

Stafath:
Actually.. it's all three of them 'spiritual' world of the
Plejarens, technology they use and societal relationships they have built. I'm interested in all of them. I wanna live in the world like Plejarens have.

sitkaa:
Well, Stafath, I do too.
We can't get everyone on the planet to agree with such an ambition. However we can entice human society to raise its vibe. And we can put together some subset of humanity that wants to live in a better way, put together a community that can serve as a model of a society living according to that code of a higher vibe. And of course, we can develop in ourselves patience, such patience, the seemingly infinite patience required when dealing with recalcitrant, obstinate zombies.
If it is okay with you (let me know), I am gonna punt this conversation back to the board. I think it ought to be carried on there.

Stafath:
Yeah Earth could use a community like that.. good idea methinks.
What is your plan to start getting such community together?

sitkaa:
Stafath, I am no one special to the FIGU org, just a posting fool like everyone else.
Plan to get a community together? Yes, that is a good idea. How should we go about it?
Okay, I am punting this back to the board now.
Love is always the way

Sitkaa

Post Number: 217
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 09:08 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does the FIGU community support the idea of putting together a community of larger scope than the farm in Switzerland (SSSC)?

As I see it, this would be an international endeavor.
Love is always the way

Thomas

Post Number: 862
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 11:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it already is.=A0 USA JAPAN CANADA and so on
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Stephen_moore

Post Number: 230
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michael

On the Billy Meier Shop
http://www.zazzle.com/billyshop/gifts?cg=196038199518917092

How does a person buy a product from there and also is there international orders?

I am thinking of buy some goodies from there in a couple of months when I have finished saving for my trip to the SSSC.

Thanks

Stephen_moore

Post Number: 231
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 08:02 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HI Michael again

Do you have to have an account with zazzle?

I know this may sound dumb but I not used this website before.

Thanks

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page