Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through March 19, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Learning German » Archive through March 19, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Markcampbell

Post Number: 102
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 09:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is the link for the interview .
Billy's part is the later half .

http://www.figu.org/ch/verein/figu-audio/

Creational

Post Number: 268
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 12:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know about this free German course online?
It seems pretty helpful.

http://deutschkurse.dw-world.de/KursPlattform/WebObjects/KursPlattform.woa/wa/UAAuthDA/auth?par=G5n9iMqPUIqm93qsNXWNH45V0
Zhila,

Thank you Billy.

Konrad

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 04:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

Something to check:
http://www.supermemo.net.pl/pages/course/categoryList.smnet

German Grammar is free but needs some background - other lessons (does not explain the rules).
German mini phrasebook is also free.

The SuperMemo method is described here:
http://www.supermemo.com/
Salome,
Konrad

Jamesm

Post Number: 141
Posted on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 04:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a free online course with sound samples: The Paul Joyce Beginners German Course.

http://userweb.port.ac.uk/~joyce1/abinitio/
James G. T. Moore
Webmaster www.futureofmankind.co.uk

Stephen_moore

Post Number: 90
Posted on Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jamesm

Thanks for that link. It starts at the basics and has the spoken sounds too. Which for me is a good start and help to understanding the German language.

Thanks
My Website - www.ufofacts.co.uk

Jonzie

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 06:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Strangely, this site teaches US gov agents German. Interesting. This course is actually very good.

http://www.fsi-language-courses.com/German.aspx
Rat Jones aka Jonzie

Wolverine

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, September 07, 2009 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My third language is German. I begin to learn with German language.

Wolverine

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, September 08, 2009 - 04:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I learn with my iPhone's German dictionary and translator.

Mahigitam

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-Learn German Warum Nich
-Learn German on PLane,dloaded these from torrent sites..smeone on figu told that by listneing to figu audio while sleepin will make our learning more easy as our sub-conscious learns at that time
-subscribed to youtube videos

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 170
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recommend starting with a basic German textbook, such as 'Treffpunkt Deutsch', and then buying a modern-usageal dictionary, such as the Wahrig, as well as availing of the online Grimm Wörterbuch from Trier Universität. Also buy Billy's book of symbols of the spirit-lessons, his book 'Sinnvolles, Würdevolles, Wertvolles' (which explains several of the apprehendals/'concepts' that he uses), and his book of poetry, '61 Jahre Gedichte, Sprüche, Aphorismen'. Billy is the best author in German, so this is the best place to begin with German literature. Truly, his poems will make any writer feel like a complete artless idiot and fool versus him, but also fill one with wonder and appreciation, and teach well.

Salome,

- Matthew

Davidmg

Post Number: 25
Posted on Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 03:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott, goto "Sceptics corner and i'll post the proper link for others to see and continue discussion there

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 892
Posted on Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was asked to post this, from the "Kelch der Wahrheit - Goblet of Truth" thread, here.

Posted on Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 01:58 pm:

Hi Yoid,

Read it [the KdW] the way you'd read any other book. You can even get it read to you via text-to-speech software. The code works as long as it's German.

www.readplease.com

The number in the front of OM refers to the print run. 1 is the first book printed. 500 is the 500th book printed, etc.

Cheers!
Dyson

Earthling

Post Number: 402
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 04:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Herr Horn,

Have you decided to begin learning German, via Rosetta Stone?

Mit kollegialen Grüßen,
Bruce

---------
Message moved from Translation section
Robyn (moderator)

(Message edited by Indi on March 14, 2010)

Michael_horn

Post Number: 179
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rosetta Stone at deep discounts!

http://sunnygetpremiumdirect.com/search.php?q=rosetta%20english

Be sure to use the code here to get the price and let them know if you're PC or Mac:

GERMAN (Levels 1, 2, 3) for PC/Mac
> Sale Price: $49.95 < You Save $450
Use Promo Code '270NnEI5555L' at Checkout

---------
Message moved from Translation section
Robyn (moderator)

(Message edited by Indi on March 14, 2010)

Jonzie

Post Number: 66
Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Earthling said: 'Have you decided to start learning German yet?'

Michael_horn replied: 'Si.'

LOL! That was hysterical!!!
"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth."

Msmichelle

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 02:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I attempted to order those german levels through that website but got a message from mcafee which says that website is full of spam and phish which they consider unsafe. Has anyone experience any issues with sunnygetpremiumdirect?

Ardie

Post Number: 55
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 05:40 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ordered them as soon as I saw the message on Saturday. At first I got a message saying that there was an error in processing. So, I went through the whole thing again and that time it said that my order had already been processed. I was afraid that it may show up twice in my bank account, but so far, nothing has showed up. I haven't even gotten a receipt e-mailed to me. It looks like it didn't work at all.

Ramirez

Post Number: 408
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 09:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I confirm what Ardie states ..... exactly like that.

So will challenge the transaction with VISA.

When attempting to contact the operators through an online form ..... that doesn't work either and always returns to a starting position with a message to fill out the form correctly.
Cheers.

Ardie

Post Number: 56
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 07:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was a charge in my account today for $48.50 from bestmallworld.com. I assume it is for the German Language set. I tried to go to that web address and can't. There doesn't seem to be any such address. I hope the CDs do arrive.

Michael_horn

Post Number: 196
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 08:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regarding ordering the German CDs, I found out, after MUCH trouble, that they were DOWNLOADS. So check any email confirmations you get as there should be a code enabling you to download from a site, etc. I think this is very unclear by the company.

Ardie

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 09:17 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been watching for an order confirmation and haven't seen any. If it went to junk mail, I probably emptied it, even though I look through it for anything important before I do empty it. I may have missed it. How would I go about contacting them to have them resend it?

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1081
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 11:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear friends,

We went to the local public library, took out a couple of German language course CD sets, downloaded them into our computers (VERY naughty of us! Call the police.) and Vivienne listens to them every day. Cost? $00.00.

Try to think out of the box. Don't take people's word for things. Do your own research. Don't arrive at decisions without checking out what you are really deciding on. Save your money,

Blah blah blah. :-]

Check this out:
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/0,,2547,00.html

Cheers!
Dyson

Sonik_01

Post Number: 138
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 05:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

These Rosetta Stone CDS are ILLEGAL. It frustrated me because I went to the download site to download everything and it didnt work. I was mad as hell and the company doesnt even have a phone number where they can be reached. Its probably some guy in his basement doing this. And the discount didn't even work! I sent an email threatening him to give my money back or I'll report him. And I will. With VISA. I just bought an 8-CD full Package brand new course from Cortina Language International that I can have in my hand for $125.00! I think this is probably a good course since using Cortina is how my Dad learned English. I guess as the saying goes, you cant get something for nothing in this world. Sorry to inform you guys about this. I hope I get my $125.00 back!

Sonik

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page