Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through April 02, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Translations » Archive through April 02, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Bennyray37

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 04:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Borthwey,

Thanks for your input. I changed "acquisitive criminal activity" to "drug-related crime" in my blog and in the Google Document.

Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Bennyray37

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 07:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

I need some help with this one. This sentence appears awkward to me, and thus, I wonder how it could be translated better. It appears in the 260th Contact Report, which I'm presently working on:

112. Steinschneider/Hanussen trat zwischen der Thule-Gesellschaft und Hitler als Mittelsmann auf und dirigierte sozusagen nach dem Willen der Thule-Gesellschaft resp. deren damaligen Führenden Adolf Hitler nach deren Willen.

Right now, I have it translated as:

112. Steinschneider/Hanussen appeared between the Thule Society and Hitler as a middleman and directed, so to speak, in accordance with the will of the Thule Society, respectively their then leading Adolf Hitler according to their will.

Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Rarena

Post Number: 574
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is what I got:

112. Steinschneider / Hanussen stepped between the Thule Society and Hitler as a middle man so to speak, and conducted according to the will
of the Thule Society, respectively, whose former leader according to their will was Adolf Hitler

Borthwey

Post Number: 161
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 03:05 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Benjamin,

Could you post the rest of the conversation regarding Hitler and the Thule society?
It would probably make the meaning of the sentence clearer.
David

Norm

Post Number: 1351
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 04:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hanussen was a found out to be Jewish & was later murdered by the Nazi SA. I'm sure he was never a member of Thule. You had to prove Aryan purity to be a member. I'm pretty sure even Hitler couldn't join because he couldn't prove his Aryan backround. So I find it interesting that Hanussen played such a big role in this connection with Giza. But it is possible. He did have a big influence on Hitler early on. Plus many believed he had clairvoyant abilities.
My Website

Bennyray37

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 06:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for your work, Rarena. What you gave certainly looks better than what I had and fits well within the context.

Borthwey, I’ve posted what I have so far of the German in the respect blog of the German Contact Reports page.

Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Indi

Post Number: 435
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 07:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ben I think you will find that what this sentence is saying is that Steinschneider aka Hanussen who acted as a middleman between the Thule Society and Hitler (maybe to do with his supposed clairvoyant abilities), was being directed according to the will of the Thule Society as was Adolf Hitler.

So, they were both under the control of the Thule Society.

Robyn

Markcampbell

Post Number: 436
Posted on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

112. Steinschneider/Hanussen appeared between the Thule Society and Hitler as a middleman and directed, so to speak, in accordance with the will of the Thule Society, respectively their then leading Adolf Hitler according to their will.

To me this says that they used Steinschneider/Hanussen as a middleman to influence Hitler . I don't think Adolf Hitler was their former leader .If he was their former leader then I'm wrong . The fact should be looked into ... was he their former leader , or not ? We know that he was the leader of Germany at a certain time , but is it known about the Thule society beng led by him ?

Bennyray37

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 05:20 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mark,

You raise a good point. That's actually why I want to make sure that the translation is right. From what I've read, some earthly investigators even doubt that Hitler was ever part of the Thule Society, so it seems that this info can't be corroborated too well by earthly records.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Bennyray37

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 05:36 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wait a minute... I think I know what the sentence is saying now. Here’s my latest translation:

112. Steinschneider/Hanussen stood between the Thule Society and Hitler as a middleman and directed, so to speak, Adolf Hitler, according to the will of the Thule Society, respectively according to the will of their leaders at that time.

This then flows well with the next sentence, which seems to be indicating a plural amount of leaders of the Thule Society who desired world domination.

Thanks Indi and Mark. I'm rather sure it isn't saying that Adolf was their leader now.

Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Norm

Post Number: 1352
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But Hitler was friends with Dietrich Ekhart, Hess & others who were a members of the Thule Society. So he didn't need Hanussen. Something's not right about the History & members of Thule or what actually occurred. I never even thought Billy would get this deep into the workings of Thule. I always wanted to know how Giza influenced Hitler through Thule. I never thought it was Hanussen. Like I said Hanussen wasn't even a member. But I am of the belief that they may have used all types of Occult groups or people to pass messages or information to Hitler but not directly.
My Website

Smukhuti

Post Number: 288
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Benjamin, your latest translation seem to be correct.
Salome.
Suv

Marcela

Post Number: 205
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Norm, that is a real mystery and I would like to know more. It is interesting that on the internet there is a significant amount of information. Just go to Wikipedia (I don’t like it at all), but it has interesting information about the Thule society, but no mention of extraterrestrial connection of course.

Ramirez

Post Number: 419
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Norm,

Hitler was interested in the occult, astrology and Germanic history. This is the weakness they exploited. He was superstitious to a degree into the bargain.

Examine the internet today .... angels, spirit guides, tarot cards, astrology .....
Thule had several attractive female "psychics" through whom the Giza impulses did their work on various members thereby gradually molding their personalities towards the required agenda.

Basically the influenced ones believed the same babbling trash you can find everywhere with fortune tellers and alleged psychics except sinister suggestions were also implanted ..... the final solution. The hangers on surrounding Hitler were flawed personalities with vulnerabilities though ruthlessly intelligent and persuasive in their own right.

Hitler was gradually conditioned and intimidated into joining the conspiracy via suggestions he was leading a historic struggle of epic proportions thereby flattering his ego.

He eventually became convinced his role represented the good guys leading a just and beneficial outcome for humanity.

The principals were bombarded with ideas which reinforced the central themes.
Cheers.

Sanjin

Post Number: 124
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Benjamin.

Something is strange with this sentence:

"112. Steinschneider/Hanussen trat zwischen der Thule-Gesellschaft und Hitler als Mittelsmann auf und dirigierte sozusagen nach dem Willen der Thule-Gesellschaft resp. deren damaligen Führenden Adolf Hitler nach deren Willen. "

The word "Führenden" is for some reason capitalized, although it is an adjective in the sentence and refers to Hitler.

It is most likely because "Führer was the unique name granted by Hitler to himself, and this in his function as Vorsitzender (chairman) of the NSDAP." -Wikipedia

I've never seen an adjective in German that is capitalized. Could be some form of word play. But I think that your initial sentence was actually the closest one in meaning. It's just that the original sentence is complex to begin with and it is difficult to express it in English. The part after respectively restates the initial point in different words.

In addition to this, I learned today that the German "resp.", which is an abbreviation of "respective" is actually not the same as the English "respectively".

res|pek|ti|ve
adv (geh, Comm)
(= jeweils) and … respectively; Fritz und Franz verdienen 100 respektive 150 Euro pro Tag ; Fritz and Franz earn 100 and 150 euros per day respectively
(= anders ausgedrückt) ; or rather; (= genauer gesagt) ; (or) more precisely
(= oder) ; or
-thefreedictionary.com

The English "respectively" only expresses "in the order given", whereas the German "respective" (resp.), in most cases, expresses that something is restated in different words.

Also, the word sozusagen (so to speak) refers to "dirigierte". A Dirigent is the conductor in an orchestra, where dirigierte is then the verb.
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Rarena

Post Number: 577
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now, this is a good forum and why this platform is good to share ideas... way to go!

The translations are all close but each has a different meaning indicating there are descrepancies which we are bringing to light.

After submitting mine, which I unfortunately did not give more than a cursory thought, the idea that Hitler was a choice for their leader was not properly considered but Mark and Ben improved it each. Thank you...

It is my understanding from what I've gathered... Hitler was under impulse suggestion and rather more of a puppet... than a leader for the Thule society.

Very well done folks...

Thomas

Post Number: 886
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would only like the opinion of actual German speaking persons on this please since I have already done my amateur version. Here is a bit of text from one of BEAM's books:

"Nicht vergessen werden dürfen die Gedanken, die der Mensch hegt und pflegt, denn ein jeder einzelne Gedanke an und für sich erzeugt eine elektromagnetische Schwingung mit einer bestimmten Energie, die je geartet und intensiviert ist gemäss der Form und der Kraft des Gedankens. Die Gedanken-Energien, die durch die Schwingungen transportiert werden, können Kräfte erreichen, durch die Stürme erzeugt oder Berge versetzt werden können wenn sie durch, die richtige Bewusstseins-Form in die richtige Frequenz eingeordnet und auf dieser ausgesandt werden."

bonus for guessing the correct book :D

As I said, I don't want posts from people who think they know please. Only from people that actually master German to a reasonable degree.

Thanks for your help (both to those who can help and to those who do not respond without expertise :-) It is appreciated in both directions...
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Norm

Post Number: 1353
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 03:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hitler was never a member of the group so how could he rule them?
My Website

Norm

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 03:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ramirez, I know Hitler had occult leanings. I have a large libary on it. I still don't know how much I can trust. Those psychic women were part of a Nazi UFO video which is suspect as well.
My Website

Indi

Post Number: 438
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sanjin wrote:
I've never seen an adjective in German that is capitalized.

There are adjectives in German that are used as nouns. They are called 'adjectival nouns'.
In this case:

führen = leading (adjective)

das Führenden = the one who leads, or the leading one. (noun)

so, 'damaligen Führenden Adolf Hitler' in this case could mean 'the then leading one Adolf Hitler'.

Another example of an adjectival noun is:

gelehrt = learned
der Gelehrte = the learned one, or the scholar.

faul = lazy
der Faule = the lazy one

However, asI and we are not German and therefore have such difficulty sometimes getting to the nuts and bolts of certain tricky sentences, even after putting in quite a bit of effort, I am prepared to be incorrect in my comment about this, as always, and will ask a German person what the correct translation should be out of interest.

I could be totally incorrect!

Robyn

Ramirez

Post Number: 421
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Norm,

With Hitler it was typical of a personality type drawn towards psychic - mystical - astrological material ..... at the bottom line a need for others (psychics representing mythical forces or powers) to assume responsibility for decisions then subsequent actions. It was the stars, advice of spirits or whatever which made me do it and if something goes wrong those same external forces wear the blame .... at least in the minds of those who subscribe to and surrender their critical faculties.

Hitler had a rough life and childhood with a father not renown for his encouragement & kindness.

Step in one (or several) attractive, intuitive, intelligent, charming women well versed in psychology who claim a connection with higher forces and soon enough herr fuhrer starts listening because these ladies messages, appearance, sophistication and approach neatly satisfies his inner wishes. Fortune tellers, psychics, mystics etc can be very persuasive if persons are vulnerable. How many cults are there or have been ? How many persons have forfeited their possessions and even lives to these sort of operators ?

Who has known of seemingly intelligent persons that succumb to the most obvious deceptions and spun up fantasies at the hands of mediums & psychics then start organizing their lives and decisions based on astrological charts or seance contact advice. The Giza crowd knew Hitler, his principal advisors Eckart, Goebbels, Himmler, Heydrich, Goering well so implanting ideas directly then re-inforcing them via "psychics" proved to be an effective control mechanism.

"I still don't know how much I can trust. Those psychic women were part of a Nazi UFO video which is suspect as well."

This depends entirely on specific information or claims. Which Nazi UFO video ?

Nazi built UFO's during WW2 were real. There existed i believe 2 versions of the Vril then 3 versions of the Hanebau. Like anything else they experimented then gradually developed more sophisticated models based on operational experience.

It's very interesting stuff.
Cheers.

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1114
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2010 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

I've been away from the forum for a few days, spending quality time with a badly neglected trombone.

:-)

(Dyson & Vivienne) 112. Steinschneider / Hanussen emerged as a middle man between the Thule Society and Hitler, and, so to speak, directed matters, respectively, their then leader Adolf Hitler, according to the will of the Thule Society.

That's probably our least awkward way of putting it, and when a sentence seems to add a clause or phrase almost as an afterthought, I don't have serious problems trying to reorganise it.

Look for those split words like "trat" (treten) ... "auf". (=auftreten)

They can be very misleading.

A sentence has not been correctly translated if it "looks" or "seems" good, and I do not understand 1.) why people's desire to "help" prevails against their obvious inability to do so, and 2.) why Benjamin accepts "help" from all these non-German speakers, who only serve to further screw up an already confusing sentence.

And you'll all just continue to go blue in the face with unresolved confusion until you find out the actual nature of the "racial purity" of Hitler's inner circle and who his biological father was.

Cheers!
Dyson
P.S. Thomas: context, please?

Indi

Post Number: 440
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2010 - 06:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dyson
An observation:

When you reply or comment on anyone's attempts at translation, it often resembles a 'firing range' scenario. You take shot after shot aiming at your goal, by using a 'glass half empty' approach rather than its counterpart.

People here, want to read the material, and in the absence of enough official translated material, the only resort for these folk is to do their best with what they can muster, and what others also come up with.

We are all adults here, and we know our deficiencies (well, we should), but to knock people down in a negative way for getting involved in attempting to translate a sentence here and there, just because they may not get it as you can, is really not a very good way to motivate people. Negative feedback and putdowns are only one way to react to these situations.

Surely you understand this?

I would like to encourage all who want to try and translate even if the result is not exactly correct, to continue.

This is not a life and death situation, that is, getting the translations wrong here and there or there being a better translation if only it could be found, is not going to make too much of a difference in the long run, because eventually, the correct translations will be made, and then the vast English speaking world can avail themselves of it.

But in the meantime, we have to put up with our own clumsiness, as we 'learn' how to read German in order to extract the pearls.

Robyn

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page