Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through April 10, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Translations » Archive through April 10, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Thomas

Post Number: 889
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2010 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will give the context soon but I wanted first to see if anyone could accu= rately translate and second see if they could guess the book :-)=A0 I will = post the source soon though... Any ideas Dyson since you seem to be the exp= ert in German here?
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Sanjin

Post Number: 126
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2010 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas.

I'm not quite sure what kind of an opinion you are looking for, but that excerpt explains that the power of thoughts has the potential to be so enormous, that mountains can be moved and that storms can be generated with the consciousness, depending on the form and the power of thinking.

The book is most likely "Kraft der Gedanken" (Power of Thoughts), a book I look forward to reading.

Indi, you may be right on the issue, but it just doesn't sound right to me that a adjectival noun would be placed next to a proper noun (Adolf Hitler). I'll still check on that. Also:

quote:

Indi:I don't understand why you say that "there is no such concept as "verhehlen" in the English language". I think that in this and other cases you have mentioned there are no concepts in English to be found, but maybe instead it is that you have not found it, rather than it not being there to be found?

A word in another language, does not have to have an equivalent word in another language, instead often, the way it is used, and the context, and a few words used instead, give the reader or listener a clear understanding of the 'concept' being offered.

words don't have much meaning on their own, only within context, which is how we glean the meaning intended.

Regarding verhehlen, it is derived from the word hehlen, which means: dealing with or handling stolen property. The English word for the derivation basically means:

fencing

1. A structure serving as an enclosure, a barrier, or a boundary, usually made of posts or stakes joined together by boards, wire, or rails.
2. The art or sport of fencing.
a. One who receives and sells stolen goods.
b. A place where stolen goods are received and sold.
4. Archaic A means of defense; a protection.
v. fenced, fenc·ing, fenc·es
v.tr.
1. To enclose with or as if with a fence. See Synonyms at enclose.
2. To separate or close off by or as if by means of a fence.
a. To ward off; keep away.
b. To defend.
4. To sell (stolen goods) to a fence.
v.intr.
1. To practice the art or sport of fencing.
2. To use tactics similar to the parry and thrust of fencing.
3. To avoid giving direct answers; hedge.
4. To act as a conduit for stolen goods.

Another word which contains the similar meaning is hustling, but it is not as close as fencing. Therefore the word we are looking for is hiding the fencing, or hiding the hustle. Are you up for the challenge?

On the other hand, you might have read me. It's possible that there is an English word for Anfechtung. It is at least very close to this one:

to impugn (third-person singular simple present impugns, present participle impugning, simple past and past participle impugned)
(transitive, obsolete) To assault, attack.
(transitive) To verbally assault, especially to argue against an opinion, motive, or action; to question the truth or validity of.

The noun for this is impugnation. Unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with this word and also do not get the German word 100% to be able to ascertain this.

Mariann has sent me an excerpt from Contact 479, Saturday 5. September 2009, in regards to some other things regarding the superiority of the German language in comparison to the others. I'm working on the translation. But I still need the permission to post it. :-)

Dyson, that sentence is good, except on the "respectively" word. Here is an article which explains this issue:

http://www.transblawg.eu/index.php?/archives/870-Resp.-and-other-non-existent-English-wordsNicht-existente-englische-Woerter.html

A good way to translate it would be with "or more precisely". "Or rather" could also be used but the problem then is that rather has incompatible meanings and therefore false interpretations can result:

1. More readily; preferably: I'd rather go to the movies.
2. With more reason, logic, wisdom, or other justification.
3. More exactly; more accurately: He's my friend, or rather he was my friend.
4. To a certain extent; somewhat: rather cold.
5. On the contrary. <---How would one tell this apart from the rest of the meanings?

This translation stuff is serious business. :-)

Salome}}}
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Smukhuti

Post Number: 295
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dyson,

1.) Why people's desire to "help" prevails against their obvious inability to do so

It is because such attitude stem from the desire to get yet another translation of a yet untranslated contact note from the good work of Benjamin now that your recent efforts in translation are once in a blue moon. Tiresomely lengthy post from yours like your recent 5000-word exchange with Michael on crop circle is more common these days instead of a 1000 word translation.

2.) Why Benjamin accepts "help" from all these non-German speakers, who only serve to further screw up an already confusing sentence.

You are not able to help every time when help is wanted from an expert like you, as you, according to your own free-will, and rightly so, are busy sometimes with your trombone or in other areas of your life.

We all understand that being perhaps the only Germen speaker in this English forum, you get annoyed seeing amateurish translations which sometime contain errors, but this is rather amusing that you being an adult person (by earth standard) and privy to Meier’s treasure of spiritual teaching, do not understand that people here put their best effort in your absence and also put disclaimers in their effort by using words like "seems" and "likely".

It has been not even a year since I came across the Meier material and joined this forum, and I noticed that almost all good post on spiritual teaching, on answering queries from forum users, as well as other areas of Meier material (except bulletin/notes translation) are from a now-absent user called Phaethonsfire/Jacob who obviously had access to German material and understood the language well. I often wished that there would be another user to replace him. Who would be better candidate than a German speaker like you?

Now, every person is different and so their perception differs. I understand four languages and in the next 2-3 years would understand five – German being the would-be candidate now that I have enrolled myself to the Goethe Institute for learning German. I am learning German because I understand that contrary to Contact notes or FIGU Bulletins, books published by FIGU retain their original value when read in German or at best as FIGU "Official Authorised" translation like that is done for GoT. Here, neither "Unofficial Unauthorised", nor "Unofficial Authorised" has any value even if they are attempted in future.
I read book and write in all these four languages effortlessly and without delay. So far I have done little translation between these four languages, but whatever I have attempted, I have done fast, accurate and without any great effort as all these translations were done in the mind and not consulting any dictionary/machine. Keeping that in mind, I so far could not understand why you take so much time producing translations in recent times.
Possible candidates:
  1. You are working on a very important piece of translation where you are devoting most of your time.
  2. Your philosophy is now "enough translation have been done to evoke curiosity, so let the English speaking world now learn German and/or labour themselves doing translations".
  3. You are letting your translations reviewed by someone from FIGU KG49.
  4. You feel you have done enough.
  5. You are busy in other endeavours, so let’s not go into this further.
  6. You are just a bit jealous in your subconscious that English speaking world is now having the luxury of reading "Unofficial Unauthorised" translated material from a host of sources like that of Benjamin and your valuable "Unofficial Authorised" work is being overshadowed. You cannot match the pace of machine translated materials and hence withdrawn to a shell.

I understand, and I am sure we all understand that it is not your duty nor Benjamin's nor Sanjin's or any others duty to produce translation and produce them at regular or frequent intervals. So please do not take this as a complaint, but an analysis that I have done in response to your above post. I have nothing against you and admire the work you have done.

P.S.: You are becoming too monotonous in your attack of English speaking world. Please understand that for some of us, English is 2nd, 3rd (like me) or 4th language. You would probably churn out yet another 5000 word reply to my post quoting text from Meier material (the only time you seem to put an effort into translation these days in between your long spaced out efforts is when someone counterattacks you and you have to defend yourself). OK, let me tell you that I do not have time nor interest nor ego to be drawn into a forum-post-duel with you and emerge as the last one to post and be assumed victorious. I have noticed that nobody has matched you in forum-post-duels so far. I will rather eagerly wait for your reply and wish you quote some more yet untranslated quotes from the Meier material.

Cheers Mate
Salome.
Suv

Thomas

Post Number: 890
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 12:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's my closest approximation so far:

Not to be forgotten are the thoughts that man looks after and maintains, because every single thought actually generates an electromagnetic oscillation with a certain energy which is ever taken and is intensified according to the form and the strength of the thought. The thought energies transported by the oscillations can reach forces through which storms can be produced or mountains shifted if arranged through the right consciousness-form at the right frequency and sent out on this.

Kingman

Post Number: 790
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 02:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dyson,

When I first became a English FIGU forum member,(while this title sounds impressive, it doesn't include a gold embossed certificate other sites hand out) it took me a year before I actually stepped up and engaged in a conversation here. It was at that very moment where I began forming my words into what I was actually thinking about Billy's mission. Before that first step, if someone were to ask me about it, I couldn't explain what I was understanding about all this complicated knowledge.

Once I stepped up and opened my mouth, I began to realize so much more about this information in a real and meaningful way. I've felt similar energy before, but it would never last very long, or touch my thoughts so deeply and permanently.

Having someone respond to my thoughts about this information was such an amazing moment. Being involved in conversation about Billy's mission is something so valuable to me, I'll stand up for anyones right to do this, even when they are mistaken/sloppy/misplaced in their efforts.

Of course this doesn't pertain to people who are purposely parsing parts of particular pieces of Billy's patiently painted parchments of perfection. Those types are quietly shown the door.

And also of course your work here is of great importance to many as it serves up so much value. And I understand your angle in pointing out something that to you seems illogical. But we all have our own ways and means of being a part of 'helping out'. Time spent doing this will be different for each of us as well, but just as valuable.

Trombone? Is this a coded thing? Didn't they also use that on Gitmo detainees for sleep depravation?
a friend in america
Shawn

Techieatwork

Post Number: 93
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 04:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all.

I don't take sides, since we are all flawed, and so, taking sides is non-intelligent (a.k.a. stupid).

I mean to say however, that reactions are triggered from previous experiences. I'm sure you all know that.

I stand to get some of the technical names or terms wrong, since I am reciting this from memory, not checking my notes, but if that's the case, please correct and let's move on together)

In case you didn't know, some (most) reactions can be triggered because the input is quickly detected (perceived) as a threat, so, from the amygdala the information is routed straight to the reptilian (core | remnants in the) brain (which processes core instinctive responses and inner volition acts, heart pulses, digestion, fight or flee responses, etc), bypassing the superior (grey matter, or cortex) brain, thus, disabling rational logical responses from the higher brain, since, by then, a reply automatically and mechanically already was produced a few milliseconds earlier, and the threat situation has been (hopefully enough) sorted already...

Where am I sailing this boat to:

Only (jokes) Sometimes (being a normal and error prone human myself) I make gross mistakes.

Examples lately on this very forum, when I post some analogies, that, later, I think, well, it's a bit overly-simplistic, and perhaps an insult to the intelligence of some reading in this forum..

Anyway, let me tie some knots here..

Dyson, I gather that you react out of perceived threats, or from experience (bad memories), and if this is the case, first, I appreciate where you are coming from, and second, I would like to raise this message up in your awareness, so you perhaps can slow down (before calling a name, or before offering a qualification or adjective), and reply in a more understanding (read, loving, fore-bearing) fashion

Not everybody here (me as an example) have spent years, reading nor actively participating in this forum..

Even not everyone involved with figu (even some passive members) reads this forum, but despite that, this forum is a very, very valuable, and perhaps the ONLY tool for many of us to stay in touch in knowledge, and somehow, make ourselves part of a community.

I personally don't follow soccer (being a south-american myself, but there are 22 stupid running behind a ball, one guy in black attires blowing some music instrument, thousand of fans screaming their lungs out, and in the end, I don't make a penny of it, regardless of who wins, and the club's owners laugh at the high returns at the end of the quarter, only they win), nor politics (since it's all BS), nor religions (I'm an atheist thanks god he he.. get it? jokes).. so there's got to be something to do in life.. something worthy of waking up every morning, something worthy of the daily breaths, so for me, for now, that worthy act is to read this forum's posts, and if I am self-encouraged enough, perhaps dare to reply and maybe even take a bullet or two (if I make a mistake, which because of my flawed nature, it's highly likely, LOL)

so, we are all learners, all students here, so like in a joke of firefighters I used to tell before, let's not step on each other's hoses..

To close the loop I opened at the beginning with the story about the amygdala and the impulsive (violent most likely) reactions, I have for a task in my life to control my anger, my jealousy, my this, my that (the list is too long to fit here) and the same pattern of fixing applies, to being aware of the autonomic (automatic) reaction triggered through my own amygdala, down to my own reptilian brain, and hopefully control my own reaction(s)

I realise everyday with my two children. One of them has grown to be more antagonistic, always wants to win, always debates things, he never wants to be the loser, even if it's on his own perspective (since from my angle of view, we are all winning just by participating of the argument).. but no, he wants to be right.. I can't get it, why is he like that.. I think is because for 7 years, he was the only child, and the only grand-child of the two families and we all spoiled him.. his grandma spoiled him, his 7 aunties and uncles spoiled him, always having many presents at his birthdays, more that he could possibly handle..

So, he's cometh a log way now to share our brain time (mine and my wife's) with his sister.. though, he stays very competitive..

What else can it be? (not troubling you guys with this question, it's just a talk I've had with myself many times)

Mate, I hope this self-reflection helps many here... not just you

The genetics of violence (including of course, aggressive-impulsive reactions) is a topic well worth discovering further; Even Billy said it, we need to be a bit violent, even to be able to pro-create.. fighting in the given environment to stay attractive to female's potential partners, whether it's by looks, by muscles, or by brains, mate, it's a war everyday out there..

It doesn't work all the time (believe me, I've screwed up lately big-time still, but now I am more conscious and aware of the mistake, which makes it worse for now, LOL), but just being aware of the brain process has helped me to stay more in control.. regardless..

It's not by attacking someone, that they will learn.

Like in Avatar (the movie) "we've wanted to help them, giving them medicines, english, "roads".. and it's not working... and the scientist lady answers, well, that tends to happen when you point a machine gun at them..

Please take my words in the right way (the best way, the only way), I am trying to contribute here so this forum becomes a (more) friendly community, for free sharing of the personal views (discussions) in regards of the teaching brought forth by Billy.
Salome
Carlos
--
Billy: Dann sprichst du eben in geraffter Form.
Quetzal: Das will ich tun.

Sanjin

Post Number: 127
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 09:15 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, I had a late night mistake. Just to correct myself:

Regarding verhehlen, it is derived from the word hehlen, which means: dealing with or handling stolen property. The English word for hehlen (not the derivation) basically means: .....

I hope it makes sense now.
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Indi

Post Number: 441
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 05:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Forum members.
I just want to say that posts unrelated to translation and issues with translation will not be approved further for this topic.

Dyson's worth is not in question here and need not be addressed in this regard, as it was never the issue.

I am disappointed to see my previous comments directed at Dyson re translation encouragement have been followed by in depth criticisms that have now moved the issue further away from my intended focus.

Please get back to translation issues.

Robyn

Christian

Post Number: 202
Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 10:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The word "Führenden" relates to the leaders of the Thule Society. The sentence does NOT say that Adolf Hitler was a member of the Thule Society or the leader of it.

"112. Steinschneider/Hanussen trat zwischen der Thule-Gesellschaft und Hitler als Mittelsmann auf und dirigierte sozusagen nach dem Willen der Thule-Gesellschaft resp. deren damaligen Führenden Adolf Hitler nach deren Willen. "

(Bennyray37) 112. Steinschneider/Hanussen stood between the Thule Society and Hitler as a middleman and directed, so to speak, Adolf Hitler, according to the will of the Thule Society, respectively according to the will of their leaders at that time.

(Dyson & Vivienne) 112. Steinschneider / Hanussen emerged as a middle man between the Thule Society and Hitler, and, so to speak, directed matters, respectively, their then leader Adolf Hitler, according to the will of the Thule Society.

(CF) 112. Steinschneider/Hanussen emerged as a middle man between the Thule Society and Hitler, and, so to speak, directed Adolf Hitler according to the Thule Society's leaders' will.

(Message edited by Christian on April 04, 2010)

Sanjin

Post Number: 129
Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Christian.

Thanks for the insight. It finally makes good sense to me. The "resp." only refers to "deren damaligen Führenden". I initially thought that it refers to the whole rest of the sentence.

The resp. then restates it in more detail about where the orders for directing (or conducting) Adolf Hitler originate:

Thule-Society's, or more precisely, their then leading ones' will.

But your sentence expresses the right meaning. I'd keep it as that.

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1115
Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks VERY MUCH for that, CF! :-D

It was obviously a mistake for us to try to do that one on the run, and particularly unfortunate under the circumstances.

Vivienne and I are both sorry that we screwed up and will try to extract our lessons from it all.

Sorry! :-)

Salome & cheers!
Dyson

P.S. Dear Robyn, and others who wrote to, and/or about, me: please forgive me this (brief) response. No disrespect, etc., intended. Unrelated matters currently draw my attention.
(These matters are also unrelated to trombone playing. That's not a code. I don't write in code. Vivienne and I are musicians.)

Techieatwork

Post Number: 98
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 04:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Norm, Ramirez (et all):

If this conversation must also be moved to another topic, by all means, 0 worries too.

Regarding German UFO projects, I found this pearl:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matrix-2012.cz%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D948%3Atajne-projekty-letajici-talie%26catid%3D78%3Anmecko-iisv%26Itemid%3D95&sl=cs&tl=en

I am constantly seeking for the right mixture, the perfect potion, the formula, the circuit schematics, so it can be replicated.

Nothing would please me more than going to visit my mom more often :-) so we need these quick flying disks technology available to the normal humans like you and me.

--------------

Carlos, I'll let you move it to a better place. Just copy and repost :-)

Robyn

(Message edited by indi on April 05, 2010)
Salome
Carlos
--
Billy: Dann sprichst du eben in geraffter Form.
Quetzal: Das will ich tun.

Norm

Post Number: 1356
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now Christians translation makes more sense to me.
My Website

Norm

Post Number: 1357
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I forgot to The reason it makes sense, is the Fact that Hitler was not a leader of Thule & wasn't even a member. As I said before he could prove his racial purity. Plus the fact Christian translated it.
My Website

Norm

Post Number: 1358
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 11:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dyson, "And you'll all just continue to go blue in the face with unresolved confusion until you find out the actual nature of the "racial purity" of Hitler's inner circle and who his biological father was."

Are you stating Thule was run by Jews or Zionist? I find there is no proof of that in my research.

Dear Norm,
Please don't steer this discussion off topic.
How about post your question in a more appropriate topic?
Peace.. Badr - Moderator

(Message edited by badr on April 05, 2010)
My Website

Bennyray37

Post Number: 33
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 11:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

Thanks, everyone, for the input. In the end, I am going to go with Christian's translation.

Also, Sanjin, I think you have a good point about "resp." Based on the contexts, I could always tell that "resp." meant "in other words," "more precisely," "or," etc., and I actually thought that "respectively" could mean that as well. Nevertheless, I've never liked "respectively" anyways and always thought that it sounded awkward.

Now, I'm faced with the dilemma of what to do with all of my previous "respectively's." I was thinking about going through all of my translations and just replacing all of them with "i.e."

Does this seem like the English equivalent of "resp.?"

Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

Thomas

Post Number: 891
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 11:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why not just keep "resp."?=A0 It seems clear enough :-)

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1117
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi guys,

That word has to be translated according to its context. It cannot always be translated the same way in every sentence. This context cannot be determined by a machine .... yet. Maybe next year.

:-)

Cheers!
Dyson

Sanjin

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 06:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will have to side with Dyson on this one... except on the machine part.

Remember how the Plejaren' computers fared with Billy's material?

No machine can replace the Gaiaguys. :-)

Also, I used Benjamin's approach to speed up a translation, but the online translators just spit out garbage for me. It's really mindboggling how a major part of it is coming out right or very close to it for you.

Bennyray37

Post Number: 34
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I went through “The Goblet of Truth” using the search function and discovered that “resp.” was almost always simply translated as “or.” I don’t know if I like “or” as the primary way of translating it, though, since “or” can often be taken in the “either-or” sense rather than in the further clarifying sense. Thus, I went through all of my translations and used “i.e.” for most of the “resp.’s,” wherever it fit well within the corresponding context. However, I sometimes simply used “or” or “or rather,” depending on whether a context called for it or not. I think I will continue to do this from now on.

Regards.

--
Benjamin Stevens

PS- I am rather confident that Google Translator isn't too far away from determining the contexts for translating “resp.” appropriately. Out of all the translators that I've ever used, Google’s never ceases to amaze me in how it chooses appropriate words based on the surrounding contexts. I don’t know how it does it. It’s almost as if there is some kind of artificial intelligence behind it.

Ramirez

Post Number: 437
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 06:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Benjamin,

Your site appears to have vanished .... ?
Cheers.

Jokoveltman

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 06:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've often thought that wherever "resp." comes up in the German text, we would frequently use "that is, " or "viz." in English - though many people are unfamiliar with the latter,

My 2˘.

Norm

Post Number: 1360
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 02:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the Plejaren are making a serious mistake in not doing the Translations for Earth in every language. They could do this easily. Even if it meant transmiting it to some people in the core group familier with each language. Just my opinion. No need to post their repeated excuses.
My Website

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page