Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through April 18, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Learning German » Archive through April 18, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Sonik_01

Post Number: 139
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 05:23 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry I forgot to post the link to Cortina Language International German Course.

Here it is:

http://www.cortina-languages.com/cgi-bin/cart/cp-app.cgi?usr=51G9991433&rnd=7894669&rrc=N&affl=&cip=99.233.188.221&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=german&cat=germ&catstr=

Happy studying Everybody!

Sonik

Michael_horn

Post Number: 199
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 09:05 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know anything about the Rosetta course being illegal and I actually doubt it. I had trouble at first because I got a PC version and I'm on Mac. I went back and forthwith the company via email and then eventually got the Mac version, which is working so far.

I had been charged twice and rather than waste any more time I contacted the credit card company and they eliminated the charge for the PC version. The site I got it from seemed to be a major Adobe product downloading site.

Ramirez

Post Number: 409
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 05:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michael,

Do you have an e-mail address for this company ? nothing seems to be on display at the site which is an ominous sign.
The online contact form doesn't work so how can we communicate the very simple fact that our cards were debited but we received nothing in return. It sounds very dodgy to me and not the way reputable companies do business.
Cheers.

Ardie

Post Number: 58
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 08:46 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dyson,

I have two other German Language CD sets already, but had heard so much about Rosetta Stone and had wanted them for so long, that I jumped at this good deal. If I never receive it, I just might check out our library.

Michael,

I can't get this website to come up anymore. It's just disappeared.
http://sunnygetpremiumdirect.com/search.php?q=rosetta%20english

If you have a phone number or any other way to contact them, please let me know. I'd like to try to get my money back, if I can't get the download.

Thanks, Ardie

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1094
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 04:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

This ties into my last posting.

It's well worth thinking about.

135. Erstaunlicherweise ergab sich bei der englischen Sprache, dass die normalen Begriffe der landesüblichen Sprache für England und Amerika derart primitiv und falschaussagend und die eigentlichen Werte so falsch bedeutend sind, dass eine Codierung in keiner Weise erfolgen kann.

135. Astonishingly the English language is such that the normal terms for the language common to the land for England and America are so primitive and falseness-expressing, and the essential values are of such false meaning, that a coding can in no way succeed.

Billy Das wissen wir schon lange, mein Freund, doch trotzdem ärgern wir uns dauernd, wenn wir unsere Schriften ins Englische übersetzen müssen.

Billy We have known that already for a long time, my friend, yet in spite of this we are continually annoyed by this, if we must translate our writings into English.

Ganz eindeutige Begriffe legen die Englischsprechenden einfach anders aus, als dies der Begriff eigentlich darlegt.

English speakers simply interpret quite clear concepts differently to what the term actually states.

Normale, anständige Worte und Begriffe erachten sie als angriffig oder abschätzig.

They despise normal, proper words and concepts as aggressive or contemptible.

Für sehr viele Worte und Begriffe der deutschen Sprache existieren in der gesamten englischen sowie in vielen anderen irdischen Sprachen keinerlei gleichwertige Worte oder Begriffe, weder in der Form, dass sie denselben Wert wie im Deutschen aussagen würden, noch dass sie den deutschen Wortbegriff auch nur in weitestentfernter Form hauchweise beschreiben könnten.

For very many words and concepts in the German language there exist no kind of words or concepts of equal value in the entire English language, as well as in many other Earthly languages, neither in the form that they are the same value as would be expressed in German, or that they could describe the German word-idea even slightly, even only in the most distant form.

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/gaiaguys/meierv7p22-23.htm

Cheers!
Dyson

Davidmg

Post Number: 39
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ardie;

try this

http://sunnygetpremiumdirect.com/search.php?q=rosetta%20english

Ardie

Post Number: 59
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 09:27 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you David,

It still isn't working. I get a window now that says there is a connection problem and when I let it diagnose the problem, it says that they are online, but not responding.

Michael_horn

Post Number: 201
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ardie,

I just tried the website and...there it was!

Ardie

Post Number: 60
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 05:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Michael,

It took a couple of tries, but it finally came up. I've favorited it and added it to my desk top. Maybe I won't have so much trouble getting to it again. I sent them an e-mail. I will probably try to call them after I get home from work.

Ardie

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1111
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 04:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Sheila,

(Carried over from WWIII)

You write, "And yes, I type like I talk, is that a bad thing?"

Yes and no. It's not bad that you type like you talk, but we talk like we think, and words are very powerful, even when used loosely, because they reinforce ideas.

In the case of saying "I believe Kay Griggs" - according to my understanding of the teachings and other more conventional sources - your ears hear your mouth say "believe" and you are subtly influenced - via your subconscious - in the direction of illogically assuming that there is inadequate information to constitute anything more that "belief".

Choose the words you use (talk) carefully. They are powerful.

Good that you're also learning German. :-)

Cheers!
Dyson

Justsayno

Post Number: 195
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dyson, believe me (lol) my thoughts are never reinforced by something I believe. Because I often find new information that either affirms or contradicts things I think I believe in. So at this point in time, I believe Kay Griggs, that's not saying that some point down the road, I won't change my mind. As in the case of CC's, I've flip flopped so much on the subject, I have no idea what I believe (but I'll argue them until I'm blue in the face). But yes, I will try and keep my musings to myself as I don't want to unduly influence anyone, better they find out on their own. I know all about belief systems and how they can stop you from reaching the truth, and how you must work to overcome deeply held beliefs. I consider myself pretty open minded and will consider any and all things. But corruption at the top of the ladder is a given, especially since it's been confirmed by the Plejaren and Billy. (and also by studying human nature and knowing there is always a price tag involved when it comes to crossing the line)
"How the hell would you know what my line looks like, it's imaginary." - my Dad, after being told by the police to walk a straight line.

Indi

Post Number: 434
Posted on Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Learning German?

Robyn

Davidmg

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 05:40 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just so happened to stumble upon this site to search for German words and thought this might help anyone learning German. The nice part is what ever you are looking for to translate English into German also has a button to click on to hear it in German.

http://www.dict.cc/

Davidmg

Curlymoses

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 10:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like to hear the german language much so I can focus on a word or words I know, and distiguish them in the context of unknown words. To stay interested I like to find movies and t.v. with german speakers to normalize the sounds of the vowel/consanance combinations. I recall the contact notes mentioning proper syllable emphasis - to do this correctly for the greatest value of meaning. Anyone have tips on how to listen for this? Some movies I've watched were Das Boot, Der Blaue Engel, Das Leben Der Anderen, Inglorious Basterds, and Krabat. I also listen to Pimsler and Michel Thomas - learn to speak german series recordings, for the basics.

Elreyjr

Post Number: 119
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2010 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings,

I have just requested Sukofu to upload the German version of the Goblet of Truth. I am hoping the effects of the "codex" will be the same when you just listen to it instead of reading it. Could someone confirm this and may be the others request Sukofu just the same, should it be so.

Jun
My will be done

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 112
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 02:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Jun,
You will receive the codex listening to it in german (even though you might not understand it) just the same as if you are reading it in german.
Peace John

John, The Codex which you refer to is not the same as the code which is interwoven into many of the German Texts of Billy's writings.

Regards
Scott

(Message edited by scott on April 13, 2010)

Elreyjr

Post Number: 124
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 05:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings,

Scott, so then, we can not take advantage of the code other than by reading the German texts of Billy's writings by ourselves.

Dear John, thank you for calling me Dear and thank you for the response.

Jun
My will be done

Indi

Post Number: 450
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 06:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Jun
There are many places on the forum where this has been discussed, and the relevant sections translated. One example is to be found on this page:

http://forum.figu.org/us/messages/12/9942.html#POST39492

this translation is by Dyson and Vivienne. There is one change I would make to it as I read quickly through it, and that is where it reads :

This process is subconscious.

should be 'unconscious'.

If you do a search using eg., 'Eine wichtige Nachricht' as a search phrase, you will find various discussions on this.
Sometimes it is mistakenly called 'codex' (which is something else) but it is an 'evolutions code'.

So, a search for 'evolutions code' should find more discussions.

Robyn

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 08:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Robyn!

What sharp eyes you have! 100% correct.

That's one of our early ones. Posted by José.

So - Michael, James: please change "sub" to "un" in your copies of ///kodex.htm

:-(

I apologise for our error and any inconvenience/confusion, etc. that it may have caused for the last several years.

Cheers!
Dyson

Elreyjr

Post Number: 125
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 11:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

greetings Robyn,

very much appreciated.

now I know better
1)should be termed evolutions code and not codex which is a different one and has nothing to do with reading or listening to the German text of Billy's materials
2)by reading or listening to others (hoping even by the text to speech program) read, the code is fully effective provided the German text has words properly placed and are free from error from beginning to end.

here is hoping to hear Billy's books by way of audio files like that of Sukofu's soon enough.

Jun
My will be done

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1145
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 12:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Learn German Overnight the Easy Way!

"A 13-year-old Croatian girl who fell into a coma woke up speaking fluent German.

Since waking up from her 24 hour coma however, she has been unable to speak Croatian, but is able to communicate perfectly in German."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/croatia/7583971/Croatian-teenager-wakes-from-coma-speaking-fluent-German.html

Justsayno

Post Number: 229
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 08:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a lucky girl.
"How the hell would you know what my line looks like, it's imaginary." - my Dad, after being told by the police to walk a straight line.

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1148
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 02:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Depends on how you define "lucky".

:-/

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page