Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through May 13, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » New Ideas to help the mission improve » Archive through May 13, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Michael_horn

Post Number: 245
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Elba,

We can always help you too with additional FIGU-related material in English:

www.theyfly.com

Ramirez

Post Number: 450
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 03:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Elba,

Go to a Western Union outlet and make a transfer to FIGU shop that way anyone from the SSSC can collect it from a newsagency or whatever in the nearest town they do their shopping at.

E-mail the shop with your transfer number or better still scan the receipt and include that with your e-mail.

This has worked OK for me regarding orders.
Cheers.

Elba

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 02:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you guys .. great ideas ...!! I have been in the fly.com and I read many of the articles wich had been a great help .. than you Michael Horn so much !! for make it available !!!
Peace
Elba

Gib_niner

Post Number: 107
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 07:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cont'd from 'pleiadians/plejarens, federation' section.

ok Main idea focusses on putting some of the Figu books into ebook format in order to make them obtainable on mobile readers... iphone/itouch , kindle and sony and so forth. Probably this kind of thing will be inevitable at some stage or other - but just to outline one method for geting the info. (books) onto downloadable ebook format - that i came across not so long ago.....

essentially, that is to say, in regard to the following site....

http://www.smashwords.com/

As it happens, hoping to give it a go for my own purposes - in respect to a sci-fi novella of my own that is published in australia - but in australia only. At this moment - A little bit way through the process - Just waiting on a new drawing/cover-design from my bro. in order to fully get rolling.

Now, not sure yet at all if its going to work for me - i'll be trying it in a few weeks time - but essentially - as an idea for the mission - in theory at least dont see any reason why it shouldn't work for maybe getting some of the very important books on spiritual teachings into downloadable format for mobile devices onto Amazon, barnes and noble and so forth - at no cost at all. (from what i can initially see)

indeed the following path towards getting it into ebook format allegedly (or that is to say - claimed by them) maybe more advantageous than what might be first thought of ordinarily - ie the standard kindle/amazon approach - specifically for the following reasons in that....at face value at least....

a. the seller gets to keep 85% of the profit (as opposed to the meagre 35% offered by kindle - and also beating too the more meaty 70% offer from Toylounge iphone app alternative approach))

b. there is no fee for getting going with it. (they dont supply editing or proofing, hence no fee on that front - as a result of the fact that the process itself is an entirely automated one - but obviously there would be no need for this, in regard to proofing and editing at least, in respect to billy's books - as all that has been long since completed.

although formatting is another issue, bit tricky this, headache-inducing and much more time-consuming than one would imagine - but has to be done in order to make sure that everything is aligned and formatted in the correct way so that it is then in an overall state of readyness - to undergoe the 'conversion process'. (This would be the one issue i suspect in relation to the figu books that may be problematic)

And then when all this is completed, theoretically at least - the smashwords end result format itself gives one an end product that covers all the more widely used ebook formats that are in use- i.e. Stanza, Aldiko, Shortcovers, Sony Reader (LRF) , Kindle (.mobi), Palm Doc (PDB) , PDF, RTF, Plain Text.

also without wanting to sound like i'm a company rep for the company itself (Lol) (as i've said already - have yet to even give this a go myself - but just to give the info. that might be useful)........there's also an extra feature for getting fast-tracked onto bigger suppliers databases - eg. Barnes and nobles - via a whats called a ' Premium Catalog' - http://www.smashwords.com/distribution
which distributes ebooks to major online retailers. i.e. Barnes & Noble (and their properties such as Fictionwise and the Ereader app), Sony and Kobo.
THey claim Amazon is forthcoming.

In addition says that " ISBNs are not required to either publish or to gain inclusion in the Premium Catalog." - and that ebooks of all lengths will be accepted.

Also when you register - on one of the bullet points it communicates the following ad blurb...(cut and paste)

"We want to hear from you! Write our founder and CEO, Mark Coker, at mc@smashwords.com. Tell us how we can make Smashwords the best digital publishing platform for indie authors, publishers, and their readers! Smashwords was created for you, and our success in the months and years ahead lies in your hands, so please share how we can help you."

- so with that in mind - maybe Michael or whoever it is, maybe someone else, who in the (very) hypothetical situation that some folks think it may be of interest to pick up on this (maybe its not at all appropriate for some reason or other that i am not in any position to think of or concieve of at all at the current moment) - can contact that person directly in order to fine tune the process specifically for FIGU/Mission purposes.
also here is the guy's bog...http://blog.smashwords.com/

Thinking that it might be necessary though owing to the fact that the format (layout) of Billy's books are in the main quite different to what is normally getting put through for processing (ie standard normal book prose and so forth) during what's called the automated 'meatgrinding' process of converting the usual comp. text format files (ie rtf and doc) into the required slightly different ebook format proper.

Also - think that getting onto the premium catalog would obviously be a priority in terms of deciding whether or not the smashwords route may be the one that FiGU follows - so guess in order to fully establish that - to repeat suppose might be for the best to indeed for sure - make a direct contact with the CEO bloke.

again just see this as obviously something thats going to be inevitable at some point - (needless to say...the mobile reader market is growing exponentially,nay MASSIVELY ) but whether or not official figu wants to go that this particular route, or to take another one - of course - may be dependent or very varied other factors that i would have absolutely no idea about whatsoever.

nevertheless - just thought i'd throw it out for consideration on the chance that it might be of interest...

ok thats all -

(sorry - another way too long post!)
Giorraíonn beirt bóthar,

Sean.

Techieatwork

Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 04:34 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi all

although this may not really helps the mission directly, I post this anyway, in case someone is interested

More precisely for Australian readers of this forum, and particularly, those living in Queensland

I am on a trip from Tomorrow, for one week, driving up north and I thought, maybe it's a good chance to meet with members in Brisbane, or thereabouts.

IF you get to read this and if you like the idea, please email me direct: techieatwork@gmail.com

and I will make sure I stop over to say hi, talk talk, and drink a nice cuppa

This will happen between the 25th and 29th April

Cheers.
Salome
Carlos
--
Billy: Dann sprichst du eben in geraffter Form.
Quetzal: Das will ich tun.

Johnboy

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 05:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While on vacation, I had an idea that may help everyone with the timing of the peace meditation worldwide. I have seen digital 'countdown' clocks posted on websites that helps everyone who wants to know when an event is scheduled to happen...like before a big college football game. Would it be possible to have a digital 'countdown' clock that is set to 'zero out' at the beginning of the peace meditation. It would be nice to see that on Michael's 'theyfly.com' site as well as the FIGU site. In my opinion, it would help eliminate confusion for new people who have trouble adding or subtracting time to coordinate with their own time zone for the meditation. It could be reset at the end of every peace meditation to 'zero out' at the beginning of the next one. I tried to search the previous posts to see if this idea has been suggested, but I did not see anything...Just a thought. Johnboy

Thomas

Post Number: 930
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 08:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EXCELLENT idea!!!
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Schantz

Post Number: 106
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 09:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnboy,

Maybe you should take more vacations. I think your suggestion is a good one!

Schantzboy

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 113
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 03:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like that one Johnboy
Peace John

Jamesm

Post Number: 158
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Johnboy,

Your idea is now reality!

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Main_Page#Countdown_To_Next_Peace_Meditation

I thank you greatly,

James
James G. T. Moore
Webmaster www.futureofmankind.co.uk

Elreyjr

Post Number: 132
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 08:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi James,

Congratulations. You did it in less than twelve hours.

Hi Johnboy,

More of the same good ideas, please.

Jun
My will be done

Elreyjr

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings,

On James' countdown site, in case you missed the icons with an arrow pointing North North East, clicking it will bring you here:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

which can directly convert UTC into specific local time you might need for inputing/programming on digital alarm devise.

also, kindly note a repeat of the meditation is scheduled on the third weekend of every month.

Jun
My will be done

Johnboy

Post Number: 39
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 03:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, James!!!! Perfect.
Johnboy

Markcampbell

Post Number: 470
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 08:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks very much , James !

Villatlf

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice and quick, James.

Francisco

Smukhuti

Post Number: 343
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks James/Johnboy. I'm hopeful this will push up the number of participants as people would have a sense of "now".
Salome.
Suv

Johnboy

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jamesm,

Thank you again for the accuracy of the countdown to the peace meditation. It worked for me. I will be on time for tomorrow as well.

Johnboy

Sitkaa

Post Number: 264
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 03:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about postulating "The Republic of FIGU". Of course, it would be ridiculed. Probably would generate a fair amount of revenue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/7673696/Wacky-world-of-micronations-unite-to-demand-recognition.html
Love is always the way

Sitkaa

Post Number: 273
Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2010 - 09:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You could commission some flying-saucer lava-lamps, with some little statement referring back to the Plejarens or Billy Meier or universality or whatever tickles your fancy.

For an example, consider this iteration:
http://oozinggoo.com/gallery/g-1507.html
Love is always the way

Sitkaa

Post Number: 277
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 09:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FIGU could pick a species that would make a good ambassador, and sponsor this species at petting zoos all around the world. For instance, I like wallabies, but bearded dragons might be cheaper.

This would accomplish two things: it introduces children to completely different types of (species-level) awareness, and in that context, it also introduces the idea that we are not alone.
Love is always the way

Thomas

Post Number: 978
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 01:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> I was under the impression that FIGU would be against zoos since they > unnecessarily keep wild animals captive solely for the purpose of people's > amusement.

Sitkaa

Post Number: 278
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"FIGU would be against zoos"

I agree with that, but we gotta start somewhere. For instance, were PETA to sponsor a petting zoo, it would awaken more people to the plight of animals in zoo cages. You gotta communicate with people at the level that they are at, first. We are barely out of the hunting and gathering stage. Most people need tactile reinforcement to believe in what they perceive.
Love is always the way

Thomas

Post Number: 980
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 06:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> BEAM has stated that he finds PETA to be a ridiculous organization and he > explains why though I don't remember verbatim

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page