Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through August 14, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » New Ideas to help the mission improve » Archive through August 14, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Patm

Post Number: 24
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In my last question to Billy I mentioned a process I tried with the Goblet of Truth.

"I have taken all the english text (Chapters 1-20 with introduction))from the Goblet of Truth and recorded a automated text reader reading each chapter as an audio file. These audio files (Chapters) were added to my I-Pod (portable audio playback device) which I have been listening to and learning from ever since. This has provided invaluable ease in closing my eyes and taking the wisdom straight to my inner world for processing. "

This can be done in every language for each of the BEAM's books.

Recommendations:
1. Don't split up chapters.
2. Distribution of audio files freely via internet in each language(Respecting Billy/FIGU copyright) from FIGU web-sites.

Reading Timeframes & Verses per Chapter for Goblet of Truth:

Chapter/Verses/Reading Time (English)
Intro/-/5:19:56
01 / 7 / 0:03:33
02 / 401 / 2:24:52
03 / 247 / 3:15:55
04 / 230 / 3:36:18
05 / 138 / 2:33:34
06 / 182 / 2:45:44
07 / 207 / 2:48:32
08 / 75 / 0:59:55
09 / 129 / 1:56:29
10 / 94 / 1:02:12
11 / 70 / 0:51:25
12 / 22 / 0:13:12
13 / 28 / 0:18:06
14 / 28 / 0:22:47
15 / 22 / 0:10:08
16 / 62 / 0:30:00
17 / 25 / 0:15:37
18 / 7 / 0:04:17
19 / 107 / 1:00:26
20 / 35 / 0:24:16
21 / 30 / ?
22 / 61 / ?
23 / 181 / ?
24 / 19 / ?
25 / 300 / ?
26 / 26 / ?
27 / 65 / ?
28 / 583 / ?
AfterWord / - / ?

-PatM

Indi

Post Number: 522
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 10:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Post from Patm removed due to it being a duplicate of the previous one.

Robyn

Patm

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 12:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One other recommendation

Setup a streaming and document management website that can handle the following:

Each BEAM document be stored for playback (audio) or for reading (text) in each language of the planet we share.

This I believe could be the beginnings of a universal library containing all truth in languages of all know humankind for inner worlds of all to be able to understand the same wisdom in their own language, and to be truly universal, also containing the languages of other humankind with their associated spirits at whatever levels they may be at and progressing toward or what part of the universe they may be from.

-PatM

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 527
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 06:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey pat, a respectable goal. one problem however that comes to mind... many if not most languages are severly inferior in depth and capability to describe a wide variety of ideas. shortage of vocabulary, intermingled words from different languages. the polish language for example, it is challenging to even keep up with the mutant english (american and canadian) dialect.
for example, U.F.O. is Ooh-foe, in polish. no meaning, just a polish-ized word to describe saucer shaped flying machines.
perhaps we can all put our heads together and come up with a respectable plan that would work to an acceptable degree for peoples benefit :-)

Markcampbell

Post Number: 523
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 04:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe in the future there will be an upgrade to the software in which you would be able to nudge the pronunciation nto the actual sound of the word. It probably exists already , je ne se qua .

Markleaver1

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey all,

this is my first post. take it easy on me. lol. it appears that the idea i have is already in full discussion. i have been a big fan of audiobooks since my 1st one in 1997 while moving cross country.
it is suggested that we learn german to get the most out of billy's books. my suggestion is that all of billy's books need to be in an audiobook format in german by the author.
call it an audio companion. sell it (small fee) with his regular books. make it available as a download after purchase.
for those learning german (me too), having it read to you as you read along may help learn the language and pronunciation faster.
what james earl jones did for darth vader and the new testament (back when i used to read the bible) and how eckharte tolle can bring you to the "now", i am sure billy can do great things with the spiritual teachings audio companion.

thanks,
mark

Lth

Post Number: 66
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 02:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Good idea but I believe that neither Mr Meier nor FIGU core group members > has enough free time to do this. Having it done professionally would > require funds that are not currently available. Good idea though :-)

Bodhran

Post Number: 100
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 02:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,
there are plenty of german text to speech software programs out there, it would be easy to convert the books that are availible in german download format to mp3, what is needed though is fluent german speakers to check the mp3's for accuracy of the softwares pronunciation, is anyone capable of trying this out with sections of the Kelch der Warheit?
Salome

Tony.

Lth

Post Number: 70
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 03:28 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Why don't you try it Bodhran? If you have a computer and there is a lot of > freeware available, why not just give it a shot rather than asking someone > to do it? No offense meant but I was just curious about this :-) I try not > to ask for help until I have exhausted my own resources. If you are unable > to do this with the freely available KdW and the various software for some > reason, then I apologize for asking the question.

Bodhran

Post Number: 101
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 04:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas, the problem is I don't speak german, I can convert it to mp3 but I wouldn't know if the pronunciation was correct, was just suggesting if anyone knew someone who did could check, I wouldn't suggest something I could try for myself. I only know one person personally who does speak german but they are currently out of the country.
Salome

Tony.

Lth

Post Number: 72
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 04:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> I have an idea then Bodhran. Why don't you make, then find out if anyone > is interested that you could SEND the file(s) to, thus saving them the > work. Either way, if you use a machine reading, it will be rather choppy to > introduce a real human just in parts. Either someone should read the entire > thing in fluent German, or just leave the machine reading as is (if one were > done). BTW thanks for the explanation. It makes perfect sense :-)

Indi

Post Number: 523
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 05:20 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it is a good idea to make audio files of books, however, as a person who has made them both in English and German, it becomes clear that machine voice programs are far from perfect.

When doing them in English, it becomes clear that the document being converted to audio has to be prepared in a particular way to end up with a useful product.

I would suggest that Figu has likely thought of this for the future, and may even in the future provide these as has been suggested. However, to do them in German would best be done by those who are skilled at German pronunciation.

Tony and others, do them for yourself, and you will soon find out what is required. When it is just for you, it is not as important to be as perfect, and you will still benefit from them even if they are not perfect.

All things will happen in good time. And, there is something satisfying about putting the effort into doing it yourself for yourself. The nature of the material makes slow plodding the best method and allows for more time to contemplate in a more focused way -- and this to me is a highly desireable way to learn.

Robyn

Bodhran

Post Number: 102
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 05:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Robyn I would agree with you, even converting the english contact notes and other writings takes quite a lot of work to make it understandable and easy to listen to as there are many additions (numbers, alternate word explanations etc) that make it difficult to make the conversion easy listening. You would need at least a german speaker to attempt a conversion of the german text. So it would be pointless for me to attempt it. Others are already converting the english to mp3 and I applaud the work they are putting in to this. I have also made my own to listen to, and find them quite useful as I can listen to them over and over again while traveling etc. I had asked Figu about getting my one german speaking friend to make an audio recording of the Kelch der Warheit but my friend was female and it was not deemed appropriate as the Prophets have always been male. I understand this stance and have abandoned the idea. To undertake something of this nature should be done in the correct way if it is to be made available to the public. That said I stand by my suggestion that german speakers could try it out for themselves ,as software becomes more accurate it may be possible for proper edited audio versions to be made available to the general public.
Thanks for the input.
Salome

Tony.

Markleaver1

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 01:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok, that wasn't so bad. thanks guys and girls.

along with my suggestion that i think billy would be best orator for his books, i would like to make an offer. my time. i know billy and figu are more than busy. i have been retired since 2002 and have plenty of time. i think you are allowed to visit switzerland for 3 months out of the year. i offer 3 months a year to help do the jobs of whoever can help make the recordings happen. if it takes 7 years, thats ok. i will still be learning german that long anyway. 14, 21 years. no problem and no rush.

even if the recordings don't happen, i would still like to help with the mission.

for the last 2 years i have been aware of billy and have been collecting stuff that i have read, watched or listened to(25 gb. and growing) and put them into downloadable torrents. billy meier ufo case 1,2,3 and 4. probably not the most ethical thing i have done, but i felt strongly about getting the info out.

now i would like to help in a more helpful/appropiate manner, in and out of switzerland and i am not sure what to do.

mark

-----------
Hi Mark,
You have made a generous offering and can only direct you to make contact with Switzerland in order to get some direction as to the best way to go about it.

First and foremost, Figu has it rules and guidelnes which must be taken into account, and which are there for a reason. I think it is important to find out what they are, and consult with Figu about what you would like to do to assist. I am sure they would be able to give you that direction, and let you know what is possible, what isn't at this time.

So, contact them and keep us informed.

Robyn

(Message edited by indi on August 02, 2010)

Markcampbell

Post Number: 526
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 06:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the text would have to be altered to be pronounced phonetically ( as in FeeGoo for FIGU), and there may be a problem right there in the act of altering text , which needs no explanation .

Bodhran

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 08:02 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mark L.,
I think its fantastic that all the information can be sourced the way you have done it, not entirely sure about the ethics of it myself but it's all freely availible on sites like youtube and google video and the rest is availible from Futureofmankind website for free also. I've downloaded your torrent myself but I've also spent a couple of hundred euro between FIGU and Michael Horns site too so I don't feel bad about it! Having all the information on the case to study at hand was for me the only way to cut through all the other tons of debunking crap thats out there.
Cheers.
Salome

Tony.

Jamesm

Post Number: 165
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a rather expensive idea: Run fullpage newspaper or magazine notices about overpopulation, it's current affect on our world and the solution of birth control. It could be similar to the Overpopulation Crusade http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Overpopulation_Crusade

Expensive but probably very effective and would cause a great deal of controversy. i.e. exposure. It's would be a bit like the "There's probably no god" bus advert campaign, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Bus_Campaign in a certain way.
James G. T. Moore
Webmaster www.futureofmankind.co.uk

Edward

Post Number: 1851
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 12:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi James...

Sounds very good to me!

Have to start somewhere, eh? Would not hurt to give it a try?

'Trying never hurts' as the saying goes, no?

If I talk about Overpopulation here, in family circles and acquaintances,
etc., it is, like - Cursing in the church -, as they say here.

No one wants to Acknowledge and hear about this fact of Truth.

Success...

Edward.

Patm

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 10:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another idea:

In the past there has been much discussion regarding the use of quotes from documented material and the length of the quotes that are used.

I would like to propose adding a read-only section under the following sections called "The Book (Language)" (At the same level as the archives):

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » Kelch der Wahrheit - Goblet of Truth » The Book (English)
AND
Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » Kelch der Wahrheit - Goblet of Truth » The Book (German)

One entry for each chapter (some are quite long), Once the entire book is entered the section can be made read only and would provide the following:

1) A location people can use to point to when making a reference (example: see Goblet of Truth - Chapter 20 - Verses 27-29) rather then continuously doing cut-and-paste of sections being referenced.
2) With the search engine available to do subject searches through the entire book.
3) With the current copyrite/licensing the "Goblet of Truth" entered on this website in this fashion should meet all copyrite/licensing requirements.
4) a source from which all users have access to read.

-Patm

Ascanioalex

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, August 13, 2010 - 05:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Salome everyone, i wanted to post the attached pictures for your opinion and review, and maybe submission if neccesary to someone else about a couple of pictures i captured accidentally, i uncerstand that the space is dedicted to discuss the teachings and directives of the CREATION, thank you for your interest..
PS i couldn't upload pics bc of size limit, but find them here. in this link http://www.flickr.com/photos/23308004@N06/?saved=1 feel free to download and zoom in and review i am ignorant in photography so, just plain pictures just as i caught them. And if you are asking yourself why would someone take pictures to the sky??? well i like airplanes and on my way to work every weekday i pass next to the airport (you can check 1 95 NB on any map of U.S) and i wanted to catch a plane in landing flight over the road.. thanks again.

I have more of the same, clear day pictures near by Ft Lauderdale airport, Florida, these pics were taken in 2 different days thruout the moth of August, Zoom in as desired, for there are decent quality pictures. Taken with a Casio DCIM100 on a HERO android phone. The similarity with the lights of the wedding cake beamship maybe or some of the different models i recall seeing in the archives of BEAm. Salome and please comment. i though they finished their mission bck in the late 90's eventhough they visit, or maybe these are just man made beamships or maybe is just me. thank you

Patm

Post Number: 29
Posted on Friday, August 13, 2010 - 09:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, by the way, I will provide the moderator with the English files already cleaned up (removal of hyphens used in line breaks in the book, no other changes were made)if this idea is approved.

All others, I can not control copyrite requirements if I were to distribute these files so please don't ask.

As Robyn stated:

"do them for yourself, and you will soon find out what is required. When it is just for you, it is not as important to be as perfect, and you will still benefit from them even if they are not perfect."

The reason I chose to create the files was to improve my inner world ability to process the wisdom from the Teachings of Truth, the Teachings of Spirit, the Teachings of Life as presented in the Goblet of Truth by actually hearing the word versus reading it, so I created the text files for my own use in creating the audio files recorded from an autoreader (I used Windows 7 Narrator).

Since my intent was to study the wisdom I quickly grew accustomed to the autoreader's oddities in some pronunciations, and quickly started processing the wisdom. Each time I listen I learn more. On an Ipod I can listen anywhere at anytime. What a great way to learn the Truth.

-PatM

Jonas

Post Number: 31
Posted on Friday, August 13, 2010 - 10:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Everyone

do you think it would be OKAY if I made some personal youtube vids not teaching but informing people about Billys teachings and invite them in a manner of speaking to this website??

Sitkaa

Post Number: 340
Posted on Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 01:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can we all petition for some representative to meet with Obama? Perhaps this would help Michael Horn in his attempts. Something short and sweet and to the point.

A letter might look this:

Dear President Obama:

Please meet with Michael Horn (of this address) to discuss the real issues that face both the United States and the world as a whole, from a deeply insightful perspective. He will undoubtedly fascinate you and provide you with real insight, without any political chicanery.

Thanks for your time,
(me)

If you like I will send this off to Pennsylvania Avenue, right now.
Love is always the way

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page