Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through January 05, 2012

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Your experience in telling others about Billy, The Mission and Teaching » Archive through January 05, 2012 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Alagna

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 09:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Derrick, everybody,

Anybody who encounters the subject of Billy Meier for the first time, and seriously delves into the information with an open mind, soon realize, if they don’t give up, that 'this is what they have been looking for all their life.' This is very rare today, but happening nonetheless with the small group of Figu and everybody here. And because discovering the Figu is such a life-changing event for these few, of course people want to share it with the world.

But the deeper you go into the Figu material the more you realize that much of the information is VERY contrary to what people have been taught, and sharing it with someone who is not ready for it can often lead to unpredictable results. Not only that, but with INFORMATION OVERLOAD going on planet earth, with so-called gurus and experts on every internet street corner, it is very difficult for people to see the truth even if is staring them in the face. So it becomes clear to me that very few people are ready to have Billy Meier Dropped on them, the whole ‘UFO guy who has ‘all’ the answers’ thing has a tendency to lose people with its huge scope of topics and depth.

But... I think that people (general public) are ready for many of the lessons from the Figu, instead of the whole case at once. So I do my best to share some basic principles from the Figu, as I understand it, in small bites in. For example, I might try to interject the lesson of 'taking personal responsibility' into a conversation when it is appropriate at say a hockey forum (not that I post there.) I do the same with other Figu principles when I can, in person or anywhere on the internet. Here are three more examples.

1. Overpopulation, especially in the context of protecting the earth (Being responsible and giving people a better quality of living when the earth and humanity are not stretched.) Anytime someone complains about the world, it can be appropriate to counter with the overpopulation card using real world examples. And this can happen at just about any blog or forum these days.
2. The dangers of religion. I do my best to point out the flaws and holes in religion; I try to share with people that religion is enslaving. I talk negatively about religion (with reason, love, respect and understanding) anytime I can. This topic might be better to bring up on-line rather than in person though;)
3. Mistakes are part of life and we must always try to learn from them. I try to show people that mistakes are an opportunity for progress.

There are numerous reasons why “The Silent Revolution of Truth” was picked as a short-phrase for the Mission, and one of them, IMHO, has to definitely be that this “revolution,” quite contrary to a noisy mass of people, is happening inside each person who finds the truth on their OWN and works it – a ‘revolving’ process of laboring for the truth that is quite silent inside the mind.

Best regards,
Anthony

Cameronjamieson

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 06:36 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've told a fair few people about the whole situation and it still surprises me how all so far have not been as interested about it as i. When i found Billy i couldn't get enough, so it pains me at times to see those i've told uneffected by it. Not even willing to know more than what i've told them.
maybe "no pain no gain"
well i'm happy i found billy and intend to keep telling others. I've been learning the delicate mind when frightened closes down. And a need to attack can arise. I guess if they don't get it in this life time there's still the 800yrs.

Imaginosdesdinova

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2011 - 01:23 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cameron,

This same problem was my first hard learned lesson since I found out about case... dealt with the fact that 99% of my family and friends aren't ready wasn't easy. I was nervous in the beginning and frustrated, in the meantime I learned how to remain calm. Still keep telling others about the case and my approach is much better now.

Salome
"I'm a truth addict... ahhh Sh!t I got a head rush!" - Zack

Cameronjamieson

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 03:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Imaginosdesdinova
Thats how i've felt. I guess through more experiences i will get better at spoting good soil and dealing with not so good soil. Live and help others live, get on being myself and remain calm.
Thanks
Salome

Kenny

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My family has a very strong belief in catholicism and there are quite a few priest in my family too. I guess it will be very hard for me to convince them about this case.
I have tried to tell this story to some friends, but it seems like they do not want to hear about it, even though they know that they can trust me in all other cases. Only two friends believed me, but they do not want to study the case themselves. One of them tried to tell her family about it, and she regretted it later. Now, she is in doubt again.
My ten year old child likes to hear about it, and she even wants to learn German. I told her that if she liked her fairy tales, then just consider this case as a fairy tale too. Now, she watches cartoons in German, and I try to find the old Heidi serie for her, which I hated when I was a kid.
I know a buddhist nun too, and she seems to like that I accepted the idea of reincarnation, but she only wants to teach me about buddhism instead of listening to what I have to say.

/Kenny

Redbeard

Post Number: 210
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 06:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Kenny, again,

I was discussing with my oldest son, as I mentioned in the other post, about proving this material to someone by taking them back in time and showing them what actually took place and what was said and what these famous people were like. The common agreement among us was that my wife like most people would go into shock if they could accept the truth.

Probably the most religious ones we would just have to leave them in the year 30 and then they might come around. Hey that's a good Idea, The ultimate pilgrimage for all religious fanatics, all christians line up for the year 30 over here and all muslims for the year 600 in this line.... All religious leaders immediately to the front!

The ones that survive mentally and emotionally can return to make amends!

Ok, let's get the time machine technology going!!!!
Peace, Matt

Retchie1973

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 09:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First of all i never brought it up with them about the materials i embrace WHY? first, they asked me why i never went to church anymore..second .. i never made no sign of the cross ..... i just kept quite because i read one of the notes of BEAM that if you are really not well versed about the teaching don't open it to others who are embracing the gods and tin gods .... it's really hard for me to say it openly because the last time i uttered about the Creation, the Truth one person told me " hey the next time around i see you you'll be in a Mental Facility" but that's okey respect them for their fallacy and don't brag about you being on the right path ... i steered clear and said this is what i believe and it changed me where no religion has ever before!

peace
retchie martinez
retchupax

Davidmg

Post Number: 95
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 08:51 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Retchie1973;

There is logic to the meaning "Silent Revolution of Truth"

Davidmg

Monkafe

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 11:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

During the first years I tried to convince people, this was a tremendous mistake. I learnt of it, and now I never do so, I keep silent, but I answer to questions when they appear. When people ask about my religion, I tell them I am not in religion, when comes the question about my belief, I say that I don't believe in god but I believe in Creation, when they ask about what I think about life and death, I ask a question back: where were you before being born? Can you imagine the "nothing"? Then I answer that evolution is a true fact, that universe has time, and that we are in an evolution process through millions of years of reincarnation.
Nobody asks me the origins of my knowledge, so I don't need to talk about Billy, because at that point people stop listening, they consider that you are involved in a kind of sect. Humanity has stopped searching and listening to prophets, it is very very difficult to convince...

My only advice: don't try to convince, keep on studying and evolving by your side, maybe you will find someone like you on the way, but the more you want to convince, the more people will laugh at you. Not everybody is ready to accept the truth. Religion are like mental pollution, before changing, people need to "depollute" themselves, it is their way, their own evolution process.

Salome, from Switzerland ;-)

Elreyjr

Post Number: 275
Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 05:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, not to unnecessarily choke anyone with, there are articles you could fine about belief, faith and trust from the FIGU materials. hope you could find your way that easy in your search for knowledge leading to wisdom.

Jun
My will be done

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 328
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not versed in the spirit teachings, and therefore know my limitations and I am conscious of the fact.

Somehow, a discussion of religion or its belief surrounds me. I do not seek to convince nor to challenge their belief and find that I must confirm this periodically in the discussion. I let them know I do not wish to discuss any particular religion and I say that we must consider the following; either one of the modern day religions is the "real" one, or they are all no different than fairy-tales.

The other day, a Muslim, got a little hot-headed, defensive and attempted to convince me that his name Omar means something special and that it means a person with great wisdom and he truly believes that this name endows him with a divine calling to instruct or guide and therefore puts him a bit above everyone else.

All this type of thinking and this person's actions and insults towards me I read about and learned of in the Goblet of Truth. I saw him as an incarnated spiritform under delusional thinking (amongst other things, he said man would be lawless without religion). Now, before Billy, this guy would have likely have had a severe situation on his hands as I would not have tolerated his outburst and would have reacted.

When I find myself discussing religion, I connect to my Consciousness meditatively and I seek to connect with them, perhaps on a subconscious level so that I may steer them towards actually thinking. Billy teaches that we should listen to our impulses, our feelings and thoughts and therefrom take action. I learned this means to exercise wisdom, patience and understanding so as not to act on the non-neutral positive impulse.

I experienced something in my mind that felt like a flash-view five to ten seconds into the future and I avoided a confrontation and redirected the conversation and he responded well. He did realize that he had caused an offense and I could tell from his tone and body language that he was feeling awkward. I immediately applied the recommendation taught in the GoT and have made an impact on this man.

After nearly a year now. A long time good friend of mine has finally decided that he would like to read the Talmud Jmmanuel.

I understand why Billy says not to proselytize. It has less to do with the other person and more to do with our own growth, evolution and so forth. I have found that (from the little I have thus learned) that the mentioned attributes of the make-up of our very being should be exercised and applied.

I have learned to approach my Consciousness with the thought of the person(s) while in a meditative state. The first unemotional impression (impulse?) gives me a sense of where they are. My dreams can speak metaphorically and show me what I can expect.

Another post from Memo00 got me resonating with the word "Dodekalog." I searched the forum and there was discussion as to why the word "commandment" and then the word "directive" and then why back to "commandment" and as I contemplated, it sort of dawned on me. This has actually opened up the GoT even more now for me. What the Petale taught in the Dodekalog, principle wise, can be found in all its entirety in the Goblet of Truth. What then resonated with me WAS their use of the words "commandment" and "directive" for the Dodekalog. Therein was the secret (hidden evidence) spoken of.

The "evidence" spoken of are there for anyone who seeks them. But I now understand why in the GoT it teaches about embodying the teachings. Which opened up for me an idea to why the Petale use the words "Commandment" and "Directive" in reference to the Dodekalog. The Petale, in my perception, are speaking not only from their level of evolution, but speak keenly aware of our level of evolution and present way of thinking. Their use of the words commandment and directive appears to coincide with creational teaching. Is the human being not his own admonisher, adviser and forgiver? The human being, as I have thus learned, must direct the changes he seeks within his own being (inner nature) by commanding (instructing/informing) his consciousness through prayer (conversation with self) so that through the power of his consciousness/spiritform, the change can be made effective.

If anyone would, please share any input I should be aware of or that I should consider, in case I have any of this incorrect or incomplete. Thank you. I am having a wonderful time learning now.

Salome,
Eddie
[7:-)

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 331
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 01:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This morning, my friend calls me to ask for the spelling of the Talmud Jmmanuel. As we are speaking he finds it online at Amazon and places his order using a gift-card he received. I had a great sense of joy, with a tinge of pride. It just feels good all around. Surprisingly, I have learned so much myself. I could not have started 2012 better than this. HAPPY NEW YEARS everyone!

Salome,
Eddie

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 588
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 02:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eddie: “Which opened up for me an idea to why the Petale use the words "Commandment" and "Directive" in reference to the Dodekalog.” <snip> “If anyone would, please share any input I should be aware of or that I should consider, in case I have any of this incorrect or incomplete.”

Hi Eddie,
Some time ago Billy and FIGU amended the preferred and more correct English translation of the German word Gebot from “commandment” to “recommendation”. Documentation to that effect can be found at the FIGU Glossary here:
https://figu.org/dict/node/137

Darf im Englischen nicht mit "commandment" übersetzt werden, sondern mit "recommendation".
May be translated into English not with "commandment", but with "recommendation".

And also here:
https://figu.org/dict/glossary/de-%3Een/g?page=1

I for one welcomed this clarification in understanding since I found it more consistent with the sanctity of free will. It is also less dogmatic in its overtone.

So the forum heading which presently reads: Creational Laws and Commandments should more accurately read: Creation's Laws and Recommendation(s).

Furthermore, the German word for "directives" is Direktiven as in Billy’s book by the same name. There should never have been any confusion between Gebot and Direktiven and why that discussion took place on the forum is beyond my understanding and unfortunate because Billy and FIGU never flip-flopped between „commandment“ and „directive.“

I hope this has been made more clear.

Regards
Bob

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 332
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bob,

Thank you for your time and for posting that clarification. It's like a completely different cognition. If I may, I would like to know if the following should be edited for better/correct understanding or complete correction, please?

- Is the human being not his own admonisher, adviser and forgiver? The human being, as I have thus learned, must direct the changes he seeks within his own being (inner nature) by commanding (instructing/informing) his consciousness through prayer (conversation with self) so that through the power of his consciousness/spiritform, the change can be made effective.

Next I will want to look further into what you shared, as it is of interest to me.

Thanks Bob and salome,
Eddie

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 591
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 07:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Eddie

I will post a response to your question in the Thinking And Thoughts section.

Regards
Bob

Sarah

Post Number: 121
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2012 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember telling my friends on facebook about Billy Meier. They just called it new age mumbo jumple, or called it no different from christianity.O_o

Redbeard

Post Number: 212
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2012 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Sarah,

In response to your last post, I am compelled to say in all respect and kindness that I am convinced that the Meier material is not for them, yet, and it was difficult for me when I first was wading out into the depths teaching, I wanted to share it with some one that could get it, and appreciate it, to discuss it.

Unfortunately we are on a planet that does not value free thinking and open minds. We must be careful whom we expose this to as the pearls find their way into the pig stye very quickly. I have learned the hard way that the people around me must first qualify themselves as open minded and seeking truth.

The teachings and facts surrounding this case are indeed, as you know, very precious and I think we must protect it's reputation from the unready and the certainly unwilling as they will, as it has been said long ago, they will turn on you and tear you to pieces.

I hope this doesn't come of as lecturing or demeaning as my only intention is to save the integrity and honor of the mission and maybe help you and others and of course myself from unnecessary anguish.

I recommend that you and others turn your efforts inward and work on application and appropriation of the truths so as to effect in a major way your thinking, acting and cognition of truth. Tell me if I'm way off, but I think we all have experienced the rejection from people over this.
Peace, Matt

Matt

Post Number: 206
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 04:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I told/showed some of my friends and work acquaintances material (videos, MH radio interviews, notes, ect) on the Billy Meier Case. I told them to look at the material in a logical manner and way. I picked these people because they appeared and acted to me like logical people/thinkers. Anyway, what logic they all had went out the window when they all looked at the case and got back to me with their answer. They didn't believe it. I must have showed around 30 people the material and not one of them believed the case was real. In fact a good deal thought I was a nutcase with wacky beliefs. :-( Regretably I hardly tell anyone about the Meier material now.

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 336
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 09:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I constantly keep the following in mind. It's found on page 361 of the German/English Goblet of Truth Ch. 19:77,80,93-94. I feel the following sets the path towards successfully sharing the Truth with anyone. It creates the fertile soil that we can place seeds in.

77) The true secret of life is true love which proceeds from the laws and recommendations of the primal power (Creation), and truly everything is only brought to blossom through this love.

80)And whoever masters and follows the laws and recommendations of the primal power (Creation) evidences his true love for all its deeds, therefore through his word, through his thoughts and feelings, through his feeling for others, as well as through his virtues, through his speaking and his moderation (modesty), as well as through his righteousness (conscientiousness), through his fair (responsible) actions, and also through his peacefulness, liberality and consonance (harmony).

93)Every person of your kind (human being) has good appearances (natural characteristics), therefore learn to see their goodness in them and to value (esteem) it.

94)And consider that a good example is of more use than many good words, therefore you shall give many examples through deeds and works; thus you shall be at all times a good example for people of your kind (fellow human beings) in good friendship - and never be bad companions (comrades) and therefore neither deceivers nor false advisers either.

Salome,
Eddie

Redbeard

Post Number: 213
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Matt,

I have ways now of testing people by throwing out discussion points to see how they respond. Sometimes I'll say something about the possibility of life on other planets, ET's, creation vs evolution, overpopulation, ect. ect.,

People that aren't actively searching for truth aren't conditioned enough in their psyche to deal with the harsh reality of not having a divinity guiding them through every waking moment and decision. Even if they are looking everyone thinks that they are right and on the winning team, so it's hard to admit if your wrong, the ego is in the background just like the little devil on the shoulder saying, we can't be wrong or we might lose face.

I asked a religious man that I know if he thought that there were ET's or not, his reply was a resounding no! Another time I showed him the picture that the Hubble Telescope took of the darkest spot in space that showed hundreds of Galaxies in it just like the one we live in and know so little about. His expression was quite subdued as he tried to fathom the magnitude of it.

Stuff like that is non threatening for them and you know it gets them thinking later. If there is anything we can do to better the planet, besides work on ourselves, it's good to expand people a little whenever possible and prudent. You have to ask yourself why are you doing it, to wow them with this awesome truth or to slowly and painstakingly throw out little morsels to try to get a nibble of interest for the sake of all...
Peace, Matt

Matt

Post Number: 207
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 08:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Redbeard,

I've tried similar testing on people too with no success.

I came to the conclusion that most people I tried so far to show the Meier case to, are logical thinking people, but who are spiritually weak.

I also think there could be an element of everyone wanting to believe what everyone else believes in too.

Sarah

Post Number: 131
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 07:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is an interesting thing though I noticed. Lets give a conversational example:

Person 1: How do you feel about meditation, self improvement, a healthy life?

Person 2: I love it.

Person 1: So what if I told you this teaching came from Billy and the Plejerens.

Person 2: Omg, fake! Its a hoax!

So generally, thats why I don't bother talking to someone like my family about it.

Redbeard

Post Number: 214
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 09:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Matt,

For some reason, it may be the storage bank impulses, some people are compelled to seek to find the truth in all matters, at least speaking for myself I didn't care how much it hurts, I just want the bottom line. It would seem most if not all of us here fit that category. Just like anything in life it seems, to get it you have to want it. Seems to be a shield or barrier that can't be crossed until the thinking and balance or motives are right......
Peace, Matt

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page