Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through March 27, 2012

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Your experience in telling others about Billy, The Mission and Teaching » Archive through March 27, 2012 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Matt

Post Number: 223
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 11:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Micheal,

I think its also - nor are they able to recognize the truth when they see it too.

Redbeard

Post Number: 219
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 09:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The hardest pill to swallow with any of the material is the Personal Responsibility message. This is immediately recognized by all as an unpleasant message and most of the planet is not ready to take up this way of thinking and way of life. Religious or not, that is a big maturity barrier, waiting for someone or something outside of self to take care or things, whether it's Jesus, Santa or ET's, the result is the same. People stuck in denial of the obvious, it's just too hard, fantasy is easier than stepping up and being tough.
"But where intellect and rationality as well as the will for independence, truth, and responsibility are missing, no cognition can be gained." Quetzal, CR 206

Theredpill

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 05:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michaelhelfert,

With your incident on that woman that wanted to talk religion with you, did you ask her if she ever tried to find out about the history of Christianity, the inconsistency of the four canonical gospels, the indirect references to reincarnation in them? This is assuming she was a variant of Christianity....

I have found that these types of questions will raise some interesting reactions when people try to talk Christianity/Catholism with me. There are some intelligent Christians that have never bothered to check farther up on the "source of their beliefs," and being able to talk to them intelligently can evoke the necessary self-examination to look into truth.

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 54
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 06:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My wife was interested in seeing the UFO conference, more for the "New Age" vendors than anything else. So we revisited it yesterday. The same cast of people was there, with additions. I spent some time talking with Clifford Stone and Travis Walton.

I had been wanting to meet Clifford since we talked on the phone a few years ago. His story is one of working for the U.S. government for awhile on alien-related projects. He seemed to be a very sincere man, open about what going on yet reserved in his opinions of others. He is interested in pulling together verified governmental documentation of UFO's.

Travis Walton is one of the few people who purports to have met human-form aliens. And it was right here in Arizona.

In talking with these two gentlemen I came away with a sense that they are telling the truth about what they experienced. I don't how this jives with Billy, or if the Plejaren have checked out their respective stories.

I do think it important to embrace their stories without discounting them outa hand. This UFO thing is a bona fide movement, an attempt by some people to get at the truth, and by others to just have fun. It would be nice to focus on what common ground exists between the UFO movement and the Billy/Plejaren storyline, without polarizing the issue.

After visiting the International UFO Conference for a little bit, my wife and I went over to the local arts and crafts fair that was going on nearby. To be honest, it wasn't a whole lot different from where we had just been. People were presenting and selling funky/cool stuff that they liked to make, adding in a pinch of justifications as they go along. I think there was more "New Age" stuff at the Arts and Crafts festival than at the UFO conference. Perhaps events like these need warning labels plastered everywhere.

***WARNING***
These ideas have not been tested by the rumor control authorities for their integrity. Entertain them at your own risk.

It made for a fun weekend.
Life

Markcampbell

Post Number: 737
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This teaching is the future , and the future is not yet here in the minds of the masses . To those who know better , the future always peeks into the past by the present .

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 55
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 06:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Theredpill, I did not attempt to irritate that woman with pesky little things like the history of her religion. In my assessment, she could not have handled it without her head exploding. I was more interested in how she would handle seeing clear pictures of flying saucers. She did pretty well - I spose magical thinking insulates the mind from the shock that comes with discovering a new way to see reality.

Recently I have promised not to talk about Jews/Judaism anymore unless directly asked - and I spose that oughta extend towards other religious flavors as well. As a parting shot, someone I once knew told me she preferred to read the King James version of bible since it was written in the original language that Jesus spake. When you run into such idiocy, where do you even begin?
Life

Redbeard

Post Number: 221
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2012 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The best test of how to handle religious types is to have your spouse be one. Everyone should try it, I did, it's quite possibly the best way to understand willing cognizance suicide.
"But where intellect and rationality as well as the will for independence, truth, and responsibility are missing, no cognition can be gained." Quetzal, CR 206

Justsayno

Post Number: 445
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 06:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michael, I found it interesting that Travis Walton had recently come to the realization that his so called abduction may in fact have been the ets healing him from the radiation effects after he touched the craft. I guess it's time that he remembered this. Coincidence?
Good, better, best. May you never rest, until your good is better, and your better best.

Michael_horn

Post Number: 497
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 02:05 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Read this regarding his so-called "abduction":

http://www.debunker.com/texts/walton.html

Justsayno

Post Number: 446
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michael H, I'm very skeptical of the skeptical inquirers and can hardly believe a word they say. Plus after all their hard analyzation they determined that Billy was a hoax and we all know how wrong they are about that. I'm pretty sure Travis Walton has never been exposed as a hoax by Billy, or do you know differently?
Good, better, best. May you never rest, until your good is better, and your better best.

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 57
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That he now thinks the ET's were trying to help him is what Travis told me as well. I offered to loan him a copy of "And Still They Fly", but he didn't bite. I did look closely at his face as he relayed his story, but didn't find any intention to deceive. It could simply have been a well rehearsed story, still, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until I know otherwise. Has anyone ever asked Billy specifically if Travis Walton (or Clifford Stone, for that matter) was a genuine contactee?

Regardless, there are quite a few people who are interested enough in extraterrestrials that they have gotten deeply involved in this field - and not necessarily to make money. For instance, I talked with Paola Harris for long enough to get a sense that she is a genuine seeker of the truth, whatever it may be. That, to me, is enough to consider these people a valid audience. Even if they are espousing wild stories, they are still exhibiting a strong interest in the subject. And as well, they may have stuff to say that is worth listening to, perspectives that aren't often considered among FIGU members. They may have planned for scenarios and developed contingencies that we have not. Some of them certainly have thought alot about this stuff.

Rather than starting another argument or providing another avenue for exodus from the Mission, I would like to emphasize any Mission-related bridge across the gap that has grown between Billy Meier and the rest of the field of UFO researchers. Let's figure out where we can agree, and put other considerations on hold for abit. We presume to know something about what is going on; so do they. Let's see what we can agree on. For instance, what do these people think about when considering the evolution of awareness in the longer term?

Perhaps this is only my own pet project
Life

Darren

Post Number: 306
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought the Plejaren said the Travis Walton case was a hoax, but I can't find it with the search engine.

Michael_horn

Post Number: 498
Posted on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 06:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I met and spoke with Walton and have no opinion other than he MAY believe his own story or not. Honestly, what the hello does it matter? Is there ONE shred of useful, verifiable information in the whole tale? No.

As for your take on Paola Harris, may I suggest a bit more…discernment (if not some research)? As far as her being a "genuine seeker of truth", well, her still stubborn, unapologetic support for the pathological liar, con man and convicted felon who calls himself "Alex Collier" indicates otherwise. Along with the painfully stupid, self-promoting imbecile, Michael Salla, these two "exopolitics" representatives accused me of lying about "Collier" and absolutely refused to present one shred of evidence to substantiate THEIR support for that charlatan.

Since Harris knows about the Meier case - Meier avoided speaking to her when she visited the center a few years ago - maybe it's more a matter of she can't promote herself and claim some connection to the case that has her running around supporting a number of dubious characters claiming to be "UFO contactees".

Why not ask her yourself about her support for fraudulent "Collier" and her refusal to APOLOGIZE for promoting this slime bag?

Bridge, agreement, as in "why can't we all just get along"? To hell with that.

See also:

http://www.theyfly.com/newsflash5/THE%20_ALEX_COLLIER_%20HOAX.htm

http://www.theyfly.com/news2005/sept05/sept05.htm

Justsayno

Post Number: 447
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 - 07:22 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michael, yes of course Travis Walton is in no way comparable to Billy. I get your point that he provides no useful information but as you well know, we humans love a mystery. If his story is true, it warms my heart that whoever was responsible did not leave him there to die from radiation poisoning. Which makes me think that it could not have been dark ops but probably a benevolent race who cared whether he lived or died. If he is a medical miracle, then doctors can probably learn a great deal on how his body was able counteract the effects of radiation.

Markcampbell

Post Number: 739
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 08:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's remarkable is how a dock worker like Walton can have an experience like that , and from then on , he's doing different things , meeting different people than he ever would before . It goes to show how the exceptional , rare experiences shift a person's awareness that 'more' exists ; you can hardly ignore the urge to pursue the unexpected and unknown .

Melissa

Post Number: 11
Posted on Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 06:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had my first experience talking about the Billy Meier case today with someone close to me.

Personally, I come from a background of not "believing" in ufo's, extraterrestrials, etc. So I tried to keep the conversation spiritually focused, but ultimately the topic of ufology came up. I guess it was inevitable. Any how, the discussion from my end explained that even though I may not believe because I have no proof of certain things, I do know that certain things are possible.

The key word being that all things are "possible."
I may not be able to prove, or see, or know at this moment, but I do know through common sense thinking that things are possible to be or to happen.

True, I do not have proof of many things, and therefore choose not to believe in things I do not know of. But, I do choose to search for truth, knowledge, and what makes sense. So far, I am getting abundance of truth, knowledge and common sense from the Spiritual teachings of Creation.

I also understand that my conversation today was a learning and growing experience for me. I understand that my future conversations will always be ever more evolved as long as I keep truckin'.

Thanks!

-Melissa

Goodmanallen

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2012 - 09:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More often than not, when discussing the truth about the origins of mankind on Earth with people not familiar with Billy and the mission, the "proof" question comes up quite early. I have found that mostly when people ask for proof they do not mean "tell me where I can research this for myself", but rather they mean "don't confuse me with facts because they only interfere with by beliefs". It is truely a shame that most people have little or no use for reason or logic, as this requires effort on their part, and that gets in the way of the material distractions that they are caught up in.Although there are the occasional suprises that I enjoy when someone actually reviews Billy's story and the mission material and contacts me back with gratitude for directing them to it, and is genuinely excited to learn more on their own. These times give me a glimmer of hope that not all words of truth and wisdom fall on deaf ears, or dead grey matter.

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 85
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 07:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just got back from an afternoon with the Phoenix MUFON group. They are nice folks, all. Some are more interested in ghost stories and others more interested in easily graspable explanations of the truth. Overall, I was impressed with the openness of the people I met. We passed around photos of flying saucers and swapped tall tales. Getting to know this diverse group will be a process I am looking forward to.

Robert Salas was the speaker. He outlined the history of flying saucers at nuclear facilities, and our response to them.
Life

Michael_horn

Post Number: 512
Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Great.

> Perhaps if you participate with them you could (gently) break the news about the STILL ONGOING (for 70 years) contacts with Billy Meier and the invaluable INFORMATION contained within them. I understand that oohing and aaahing about lights in the sky is what passes for "UFO research", especially with MUFON, but perhaps, maybe, possibly, SOME of the folks just may be interested in…the truth.

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 86
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2012 - 06:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Michael, I agree. Gently, patiently, apolitically is the key with these people.

These people know of the Meier 'case', but what they know is distorted. For instance, I sat next to Robert Farrell for much of the afternoon, and did not correct him when he stated that Billy Meier had come to the U.S. to present his evidence a few years ago. Like many academics, Dr. Farrell gives off the aura of authoritative knowing, and I didn't want to burst his bubble. We will get it straight soon enough.

Another woman, Aurora Light, has channeled Pleiadians. For her, they are all love and light. I gave her a heartfelt hug. We all believe what we want to believe, I spose. The only difference is qualitative.

As I passed around photos of the Plejaren flying saucers, I didn't correct their comments, just nodded and let these things pass. And I listened. Almost everyone there has at least one good story to tell. Gently I move forward, patiently, and with good cheer.
Life

Michael_horn

Post Number: 514
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2012 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only reason that I can think of, at this point, that what they know is "distorted" is because…they're lazy. My website has been online for many years, as have other related ones, and it's very easy to find the information just by searching online. Beyond that, I've been interviewed a zillion times on virtually every UFO related show, and even others; there's no shortage of videos on youtube, etc. Contrast that with the NON_EXISTENT "evidence" connected to the time wasting nonsense that MUFON and the others focus on and, well it beats me why people would be so "unknowing".

As for not wanting to bust anyone's bubble, once someone steps up as an "expert" and starts presenting information that one knows is incorrect, then it's probably more your issue of not wanting to bear the consequences of bursting that bubble then not wanting to cause him any discomfort. As a matter of fact, I made it a point to "out" Michael Salla and Paola Harris at the IUFOC in 2007 (see: http://theyfly.com/products/products.htm) which certainly didn't endear me to a number of people in the UFO community. Of course I was bursting their bubble of support for "Alex Collier", a con man (and as we subsequently discovered, convicted felon: http://taxpravo.ru/sudebnie_dela/statya-76078-Donald_B_Hawksley_v_Commissioner_United_States_Tax_Court_-#ixzz1klv9blj7 ). They still remain defiantly, stubbornly in denial.

Aurora Light is another nutcase who, along with her (then) partner Michael Elegion, were busted by the FBI in the 1980s or 90s for selling stolen long distance telephone cards.

Pardon me but once one knows, rather than believes, certain things it is very difficult to just acquiesce to just "go along to get along". Certainly, when in an environment that is ostensibly concerned with the truth about UFOs, etc., if the opportunity does arise to clarify matters - and there's no real danger to one for doing so - then I suggest standing up for the truth.

Let me also be clear in saying that the kind of true love that Billy speaks about allows us to love everyone and everything but not to necessarily associate with, endorse, embrace them when their behavior doesn't warrant it.

Tom

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 02:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michael,

You have done an excellent job disseminating the teaching to the public. Your continued hard work, despite the difficulties you face from many different personalities, demonstrates your inner strength, which inturn demonstrates how strongly you have internalised the teaching.

From my personal experience, your website and ‘The Silent Revolution of Truth’ were directly responsible for encouraging me to delve deeper into the Meier material, and without them I most likely would have not found the teaching this early in my life. By relating to my own journey thus far, I have realised the importance of your role in disseminating the teaching and also how effectively you are using this lifetime to assist humanity. In thinking about how you efforts can be emulated by others, I have a couple of questions. (Hope you don’t mind)

1. What steps did you take in transitioning from your previous life (occupations, hobbies, friends, etc.) to your current lifestyle, engaging the public at the coal face?

2. Did you work through all, or a large portion of, Billy’s publications before you began engaging the public - to ensure adequate knowledge upon being questioned by interested persons?

3. You advocate the Meier material reguarly amongst the UFO circles. Are there any other community subsets which you also target or you recognise as being potential targets for disseminating the teaching?

4. I am assuming that you face consistent criticism from close minded people, since you are in the public eye. If my assumption is correct, how do you maintain your drive despite this?

Cheers,

Tom.

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 89
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 07:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michael, I am hardly perfect myself, so I cannot hold it against other people when they have made past mistakes. While this does indicate something of who they have been (and perhaps are), I like to think that we can grow beyond who we have been, grow into something better. Just because someone has gotten in trouble with the law before, this does not mean that they should be written off forever more. In this regard, I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt, at least until I know otherwise.

Now whether they are facing reality or merely using the extraterrestrial contact paradigm as a form of escapist fantasy, that is something else altogether.

BTW: Robert Salas stated that the flying saucers who hovered over the nuclear silos and disarmed the nuclear missiles, that they did it by messing with the guidance systems. When I asked if he thought this meant gyroscopes and he answered possibly, but he didn't know for sure. If it is just the missiles' gyros that are thrown outa wack, it seems to me that this could be done by the mere presence of gravity-affecting devices (such as flying saucers), and is not necessarily indicative of extraterrestrial-level technology. Apparently that most recent happenstance of this was in 2010, when 50 missiles were knocked outa commission. If you think about it, this could be a potential 'missile defense system', to build some small remotely controlled antigravity devices, and fly them around the targeted missile silos until they get shot down.
Life

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page