Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through March 28, 2012

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » FIGU Study Groups » Archive through March 28, 2012 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Indi

Post Number: 628
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 02:17 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am happy to announce that all our efforts and planning have led the Australian passive members to the point that we are ready to form an official FIGU group downunder.

Below please find the public notice of the upcoming inaugural meeting of FIGU-LANDESGRUPPE Australia.

We would like to invite any current Australian passive members who have an interest in the forming of the Australian group and being a member, to attend this meeting.

Any Australian, who has been considering becoming a passive member and would like to attend the meeting and be part of this new Landesgruppe, are urged to organise their membership with Switzerland as quickly as possible in order to be eligible to attend the inaugural meeting.

Please contact Vibka on the below number or by email to Robyn if there are any questions or if assistance is needed.

---------------------------------------
FIGU-LANDESGRUPPE
AUSTRALIA
Inaugural General Meeting
For the purpose of incorporating
Saturday 12th November 2011
11.00 am at Neerim, Victoria.
For enquiries phone:
(03) 5751 1162
Salome
Robyn

Rules & Netiquette
http://forum.figu.org/cgi-bin/us/discus.cgi?pg=instructions#rules

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2011 - 02:05 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Howdy all. I was asked about the possibility of building a FIGU-related community. Since this is something I am very interested in, I am in turn asking you, here.

1. What is the history of the development of Landesgruppes und Studiengruppes outside of Switzerland up to now?

2. What complications and potential pitfalls have arisen in this process?

3. Who would I contact to establish a line of communication with the core group? Christian?

4. Any comments on locations where you feel such a group outa be started?

...4.a. Flagstaff, Arizona has been tossed into the ring as a potentially safe place to set up some longer term haven in N. America. Apparently Ptaah mentioned this. Does anyone know where I can reference this in the Contact Notes? Are any other areas mentioned?

5. Does there currently exist any social structure or machinery that might help with guiding the development of FIGU-related community, or even study groups?

Thanks in advance for your interest in this.
: )
Life

Indi

Post Number: 630
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2011 - 06:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michael, seeing you are now a passive member, I suggest you ask Stephan or Christian to give you access to that section.

There are discussions about groups etc. there.

There are guidelines in place for Study groups, and National groups, and these are usually adapted to the laws of the country they are associated with. Each group draws up their own constitution, but using the FIGU mother centre rules as their base.

Join the passive member section and you will find others who are in the processes involved to discuss this with further.
Salome
Robyn

Rules & Netiquette
http://forum.figu.org/cgi-bin/us/discus.cgi?pg=instructions#rules

Visible_melon

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 10:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello, Marcela, my name is Carter, I live in northern california part of the year and would love to meet others for meditations and studying. I just sent you an email. I am also in Indiana part of the year if anyone nearby would like to meet up. My email is visiblemelon@yahoo.com. Looking forward to meeting fellow truth seekers!
- Carter

Visible_melon

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 11:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello, my email to marcela did not go through, So anyone in northern California or Indiana Can contact me at visiblemelon@yahoo.com. I would love to join or start a study group or meditation group. Thank you!
- Carter

Nuetralperson

Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2012 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone in ohio interested in a study group? I am calling for you! It makes me sad that no one has posted on this page for a while. Have people simply given up on this study groups page?

Visible_melon

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2012 - 09:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, Nuetralperson, I live in Indiana for part of the year. I will travel to Ohio for a study group. I have been emailing someone else in Ohio about a study group, and he might join us too if he has time. I was trying to cantact people from the surrounding states to indiana like Illinois, Michigan, or Kentucky too because people interested are far and few. People should be willing to travel if they are interested enough. The only problem is that I'm leaving town very soon for California, where I live for the other part of the year. So if you want to meet then contact me very soon and we can meet up in the next couple days and maybe set up a schedule for meeting in the future too. My email is visiblemelon@yahoo.com. Like my previous post says, I'm also looking for people in northern California or within reasonable driving distance. I would like to travel to Arizona soon to meet The former FIGU USA members(It has recently been dissolved).

Fredy

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 04:25 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello neutral and visible, I live in Washington DC, I am interested in building a group, too. Distance is our challenge. We can start by reviewing the past group experience, their process, mistakes and achievements, then overlook the bases and conditions issued by Figu and develop a way to start the meetings,
Greetings,
Fredy
Fredy Martinez

Visible_melon

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, Fredy, I love a good challenge. I think the best way to travel is by train, although it takes a while, it doesn't use as much fossil fuel as driving or flying. And while riding the train, research and work can be done, unlike driving. This is a great idea to study what worked and what didn't for other study groups.

Nuetralperson

Post Number: 31
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You are definitely right Freddy, distance is the challenge. I live in Lorain ohio, and its practically impossible to find a job, especially if you don't have a car. The buses are lousy, almost 3 dollars for one way, and they don't go to many places.

Redbeard

Post Number: 217
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 05:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm close too I'm in Michigan!
Peace, Matt

Fredy

Post Number: 10
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 07:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Matt, Visible and neutral, thinking realistic its less possible to have success if we try to meet in person.. Maybe we can develop Skype video conference sessions. But before that, we need to read the rules about setting a group, get familiar with how to begin the meetings, develop them and close them. I think there is already a document about it. We can start be delegating preliminating taks about reviewing the previous experience and get to know what did worked and what did not. Also, Have the document -rules and guidelines - and detect more people in USA interested in join us. We need to keep in mind that the ultimate goal include to spread the word, improve our knowledge about the teachings and do our best to contribute to keep the flame of the original knowledge provided by Billy alive at least for the incoming 800 years. Those are my suggestions..
Fredy Martinez

Nuetralperson

Post Number: 34
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My email is psxalex@hotmail.com we can discuss chat ect on email its quicker.

Visible_melon

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good thinking! I will set up skype. Here's some related articles:

http://ca.figu.org/FIGU_Membership.html

http://www.figu.org/ch/verein/periodika/bulletin/2011/nr-74/core-group-of-49?page=0,0

-Carter

Nuetralperson

Post Number: 36
Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 10:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have sent you emails with no response. I am assuming your out of ohio now? This is directed to visible melon

Visible_melon

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 12:08 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't received any emails from anyone. I checked the spam folder. If anyone else tried to email me, check the spelling. I will email you now, nuetralperson. Thank you for letting me know. I'm in Indiana, by the way, but I can travel to Ohio.
-Carter

Karrol

Post Number: 51
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 07:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone,
I just published the Winter edition of the "Toward the Truth" Newsletter. It will be mailed it out soon. 10 pages of good content. Anyone interested in subscribing so that they can start receiving it can contact me and I will get you the information you need to subsribe. Please support this valuable resource.

Thanks,

Karrol Steeves

Visible_melon

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello, Karrol, I would like to subscribe. My email address is visiblemelon@yahoo.com. I'm not sure if there is another way to contact you. Thank you!
- Carter

Str0323

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, March 16, 2012 - 12:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peace and Hello to all. My name is Scott and I live in southern Michigan U.S.A. about 25 miles north of the of the Ohio border. If anyone is interested in forming or knows of a study group near me please let me know. My email is str0323@gmail.com, and if anyone wants to chat about or discuss the Truth feel free to email me. Also I'm begining to learn the German language, so if someone wants to study together let me know. I don't know of anybody near me willing or able to have a discussion about the Spirit Teachings and Creation based on logic and reason and not beliefs or feeling generated thoughts. Although I do have conversations with my wife about the Spirit Teachings and Creation she does not understand the Truth or accept the meaning of it as do I. She was raised catholic and I know she has to find and understand the Truth through her own free will. Thanks and may everyone find Peace, Love, Harmony, Wisdom, Knowledge, and the Truth in their Lives.}

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 71
Posted on Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 05:08 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Howdy Scott,
An American group is in the beginning throes of formation. Whether it evolves into an official FIGU organization has yet to be seen, but there is a fair amount of effort and momentum built into this group already. For more information,
www.towardthetruth.org

Hi Michael,
Yes, I believe I'm partially on the e-mail list. I agree it sounds like slowly the momentum is building. I will check the website..Thank you

(Message edited by scott on March 17, 2012)
Life

Redbeard

Post Number: 224
Posted on Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 04:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Scott,
I live in the Flint area, and my wife has the same disorder, charismatic is the mind and consciousness enslavement choice of hers, of course and her parents.

I am temporarily tied up with taking care of my son whom is struggling with his health, but would be glad to converse by other means, if you wish.....

Peace, Matt

Zanderson

Post Number: 31
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 08:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all,

For those who use Gmail/G+, I was thinking maybe we could create a circle. From this we could stage hangouts (on pre-agreed topics) as frequently or infrequently as we desire. I'm thinking a G+ page could be created were persons in the circle could view the topics discussed & our conclusion/understanding on the matter.

Let me know if you're interested.
P.S. All inputs are welcomed, including the subtraction or addition of ideas...
Zanderson: Conscious Evolution...

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 379
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was thinking that perhaps at some point something like GoToMeeting could work. Below I copy/paste from an email I received.

Collaborate in high definition.

Ed:

What would you do with the ability to instantly meet and collaborate face to face with colleagues, partners and clients anywhere in the world? It's time to find out!

Introducing GoToMeeting with HD video, the easy, fast and secure solution for conducting and attending online meetings with up to 15 attendees. All you need is an Internet connection and a webcam.

Try it free for 30 days!

3 simple ways GoToMeeting can benefit you and your business:

Work anywhere. Attend meetings from your Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone or Android device.
Stay connected. Join the conversation via integrated VoIP or phone conferencing.
Save money. Hold unlimited meetings for one flat price.

Try GoToMeeting free for 30 days!

Questions?
1 800 372 6207 (U.S. and Canada, toll-free)

Salome,
Eddie
[7:-)

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page