Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through July 12, 2012

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » FIGU Study Groups » Archive through July 12, 2012 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Thomas

Post Number: 80
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 04:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No offense to Eddie but I think the posting of advertising on this forum is inappropriate. Just the name of the service and the link should be sufficient in my opinion. As I said though, this is only my opinion and no malice is intended.

Have a great day everyone! :-)

Thomas

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 380
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 08:06 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

I didn't mean anything with it. I posted the email for its information. Didn't mean it to be an advertisement. If it turns out to be useful then it serves my intent. If it is in violation of etiquette it can be taken down by moderators.

No offense taken :0)

Salome,
Eddie
[7:-)

Patm

Post Number: 135
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eddie,

I like the idea. If your study group has 12 members ... well that could equate to a years worth of free meetings for your study group.

PatM

Nell_arnaud

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our Toward the Truth group in America has using a service called FreeConferenceCall.com. You can have a conference call with up to 96 callers, you can conduct telephone conference calls anytime without a reservation once you get set up with the system, and you can record the meeting---all for FREE. Overall, I'd say, we've been happy with this system. Go to their website and check it out. Salome, Nell

Zanderson

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 01:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Hello all,

For those who use Gmail/G+, I was thinking maybe we could create a circle. From this we could stage hangouts (on pre-agreed topics) as frequently or infrequently as we desire. I'm thinking a G+ page could be created were persons in the circle could view the topics discussed & our conclusion/understanding on the matter.

Let me know if you're interested.
P.S. All inputs are welcomed, including the subtraction or addition of ideas..."

Not sure if you guys are aware, but Google+ (G+) has a built in voice and video service that works within your browser and its free. It's of a very "good" quality, even President Obama used it to "Hangout" see link for recap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGPNOmFU8Y0). Not that the other softwares mentioned aren't of value, but this to me offers quality convenience (voice, video, group/conference meeting style etc,) without added cost (third party software installation,cash payment etc.).

Also after thinking a little more, I came to the conclusion that it would be best to place our conclusion/understanding on whatever topics discussed on this site (with Moderators approval of course). This would allow others here who are more knowledgeable to correct us if incorrect conclusions are drawn and also benefit those knew to the spirit teachings.

Anyways got to get some shut eyes now, but lets see how this progresses.

Peace,
Zanderson
Zanderson: Conscious Evolution...

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 382
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 08:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Zanderson,

That's even better than the gotomeeting.com email I received.

That sounds like a winner.

Salome,
Eddie

Techieatwork

Post Number: 192
Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 05:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Zanderson.

here.. there is already a circle for us..

https://plus.google.com/stream/circles/p175aec050e87cd5d

my gmail: techieatwork@gmail.com

there are already a few members there.
Salome
Carlos
--
Billy: Dann sprichst du eben in geraffter Form.
Quetzal: Das will ich tun.

Zanderson

Post Number: 34
Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 01:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Carlos, just added you.

Its nice to know that other were thinking along this line. Since it provide us with the opportunity to form study groups regardless of our geographical location.

BTW the URL to the circle is not working.
Maybe you'll have to share it with me directly.

Peace,
Zanderson
Zanderson: Conscious Evolution...

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 386
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 08:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not familiar with G+

How does one go about joining the circle?

Thanks,
Eddie

Melissa

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2012 - 06:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Eddie,

I believe you would have to create a new, or use an all ready existing, Google account (Gmail). G+ is similar to having a Facebook page.

I have G+, but am new to circles, and so I would also like to know how to get connected to his circle Carlos was talking about.

-Melissa

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 392
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 11:36 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Melissa,

Ok, I have G+

Now, how does one connect to this study group?

Salome,
Eddie

Melissa

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 06:34 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Eddie,

I sent an email to Carlos about this group he stated, "there is already a circle for us."

I have not heard back yet, so, I do not know anything more yet.

-Melissa

Techieatwork

Post Number: 193
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi guys.
apologies for the delay. I just noticed there was a response waiting for me in here.
The circle is called just simply: "Friends of FIGU"
If you give me your gmail email address (send to mine: techieatwork@gmail.com) then I will add your email(s) to the circle
There are 19 people there right now. So far we have not exploited the benefits of G+.

I guess that running "hang-outs" can be of benefit.

Other than that, it's like a facebook. There is also a Facebook group you can request access to, which is more active, and for general FIGU related discussions, also named Friends of FIGU

You can also add my gmail address (same techieatwork@gmail.com), to your FB as friend, if you want.
Salome
Carlos
--

Mgrijalva

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, June 23, 2012 - 11:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

greetings, allow me to share. Google has Google+, it is a social page like Facebook. In G+ each member creates a circle of friends by sending a friend request. Each member profile has Hangouts. In Hangouts, you invite others to join you in a live video conference. My circle of FIGU friends has 43 friends. We can share circles

if u want to join my circle of FIGU friends, my email is maria@grijalvaenterprises.com

Salome

Mgrijalva

Post Number: 7
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2012 - 07:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

opps, i stand corrected, my google address is
mariagrij@gmail.com

please add me by goodle+, or please send me ur email address so i can send u a friends request via google

salome

Mgrijalva

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 - 10:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More info:
each person starts by creating a Google+ member profile (just like Facebook). Once we accept Friends' Requests from each other, a Hangout can be held online (just like Skype).

any member in the circle of friends can host a Hangout by sending out invitations to each others. There is a Start A Hangout button on the top right portion of google's webpage. Up to 96 persons can attend the live video conference via their computer's webcam. Free.

in order to attend the Hangout, you have to be signed in and a member of Google+. If u have a gmail account, you are halfway registered.

the next question would be When, and how often?

another key would b to find the circle Carlos referred to. the list that is already out there called "Friends of FIGU" that might already b out there. Carlos, where did u see it?

Salome

Techieatwork

Post Number: 195
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 02:38 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all.

That is the one. Friends of FIGU.
I am there as are also others from here.

https://plus.google.com/circles/friends-of-figu-p175aec050e87cd5d

Study groups are good.

Time-zones is the small issue, but the more people who join, the merrier.
Salome
Carlos
--

Mgrijalva

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 09:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nada happended....it took me to my g+ profile

?

Mgrijalva

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 02:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please join us.

A live Google+ Hangout virtual meeting is scheduled for July 14th, 12 noon USA Central time. The meeting is open to any passive member, and pro-Figu persons.

The topic for this first meeting will be Contact 10, the Spiritual Teachings.

In order to attend all you need is a webcam, an internet signal, headphones with a microphone, and a Google account. It is free.

Over 60 invitations have been sent out thus far to join this online conference. Join us.

Looking forward to this new tradition,
maria grijalva

Davidmg

Post Number: 123
Posted on Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 08:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also there is a more convenient way for chats.

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Chat#How_to_participate

A little more private chat room other than from big name as Google and Facebook. Once installed it is a easy as the icon on your desktop to log in.

Davidmg

Mgrijalva

Post Number: 21
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i sent them a message over a wk ago. they have not responded yet

what is it like???? instant messaging?

Mgrijalva

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 04:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if there is something that works already, then we dont have to rebuild the wheel

Mgrijalva

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 06:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A reminder that on the 14th there will b a live google hangout to discuss and study the Spiritual Teaching. It will be at 12noon usa central time, you can join by following this link

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c2kdvngmf8rfg4lgvlt1pfur4a4/102699800733694669234

or google maria grijalva and join my circle of friends

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page