Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through December 09, 2012

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » New Ideas to help the mission improve » Archive through December 09, 2012 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Elreyjr

Post Number: 307
Posted on Saturday, September 22, 2012 - 08:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

I guess Indexing and cross Indexing would be welcome more than summaries. I would also propose a study guide on selected topics showing recommended key words for the use with the search function.

just a thought.

Jun

Blake_p

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 10:25 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea you're right, that would be best , since it wouldn't really be helpful to have to read through all summaries to get to what our looking for. I jus figured, since the search engine doesn't get you to the exact place sometimes, something like that would make referencing easier, good looking out.

Ramirez

Post Number: 756
Posted on Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi James,

"Here is an idea: create a message board at theearthforum.org"

So what are you proposing ? an unmoderated free for all discussion board ?

It's bound to eventually get a bit lively and controversial but then is that such a bad thing ?
Cheers.

Jedaiah

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

Below are some thoughts regarding these forums in particular. My desire is to help the
mission and do it by whatever means possible. We are in the age of the digital revolution
and that will not die down, it will only grow stronger every day. Due to this, the internet
is the matrix of information. Of make or break. I am under the impression that the internet
presence of the mission can be much stronger. Starting with home soil...

These forums are not very versatile nor is it user-friendly perse and frankly bland. An
improvement to these to facilitate to the younger generation would be a step in the right direction. It just feels like this site was created a decade ago and then just stagnated, rather than evolve in itself. Furthermore, the site feels messy... mainly pointing the scope at the whole "Archived from X year to B year" jargon that needs to be attended too.

1 - The Appearance isn't appealing to look at. The site itself just appears so innately boring and doesn't add to the theme of information that is presented here. Yes, we're here for and to exchange (truthful) information, but must we do it in a tone so lifeless? Perhaps a change in color scheme may help, but other things must be tinkered with to find the right niche. It feels like a 1998 website. The issue with that is that we're in 2012.

2 - Ease of Access. Currently as it stands, getting from topic to topic feels more like an
unneeded adventure through a cluttered mess. The archived sections NEEDS to be placed into one section or cleaned up into a section of sublinks or a whole "Archived" topic section
of it's own.

3 - Sub-Topics in main topics is NEEDED. Sifting through the debris of 'Archived' to catch up onto the latest post and or topic feels disconnected and quite frankly comes off as lazy. Sub-Topics should be allowed, though if necessary, monitored of it's creation. It will make things far more easier to sort out and allows direct information.

This would require a solid amount of work and yes, I will be willing to help (I make websites) if needed. I find such a site like this so important, yet it doesn't FEEL that way. Would you have your meditation center as a pile of wood and rags just placed together in a monotonous fashion? Or would you strive your best to make sure that such a place of importance be built to the best of your ability?

Try not to take my post offensive because that would be rather childish. In fact, if I didn't care I would not have mentioned this at all nor will I be willing to help in such an effort.

-J

-----------
Hello Jedaiah

Thankyou for your suggestions and comments about the forum set up and appearance.

I have been told that there are plans to change the forum in the near future and those involved will see your post and of course will take your ideas into consideration.

(Message edited by indi on October 04, 2012)

Ferbon

Post Number: 108
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2012 - 06:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The access to the information and topics as well as the search function can indeed be improved. I am not sure about the look which is only temporal stage in our lives and doesn't really matter. Plus the current look focuses on the importance of the information and NOT on some stupid colors, slides, commercials, plug-ins etc. I do not come here for that rubbish - but for the content, inspiration, assurance, peace, shearing the same interest. All this versatility and look improvement and striving for your listener or reader and young generation (Jedaiah)...??? I don't think this has been FIGU's policy and aim from the beginning.

..."Would you have your meditation center as a pile of wood and rags just placed together in a monotonous fashion? Or would you strive your best to make sure that such a place of importance be built to the best of your ability? ..."

Your critique is to accommodate your perception of reality and NOT the best interest of people you haven't had a chance to speak with.

..."It feels like a 1998 website. The issue with that is that we're in 2012. ..."

What's the issue again ?

..."I will be willing to help (I make websites) if needed..."
..."Try not to take my post offensive because that would be rather childish."

Well...you've said it all.

To everyone: We will be in 2013 soon! ...in case you missed it.

Salome

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 430
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2012 - 06:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jedaiah,

I quote you:

"Hello,

Below are some thoughts regarding these forums in particular. My desire is to help the
mission and do it by whatever means possible."

Great post and excellent observations. I also get your points. It would be nice to give it a facelift, perhaps take it through its own evolution in functionality, resourcefulness, aesthetics and maybe some new functions.

Salome,
Eddie
[7:-)

Matt

Post Number: 278
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 04:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A good new function to consider having is the Private Message feature that most other forums have. One example is this may help with reducing discussions going off topic.

Marksmanr

Post Number: 156
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2012 - 01:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

James, I think your idea for a forum at theearthforum.org is great. Go for it.

And I also think the official FIGU forum's software should be upgraded of course.
Reece Stiller

Jedaiah

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ferbon, you missed my point entirely. That is rather unfortunate.

Acriasis

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2012 - 11:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps an area that contains links to FIGU and non- FIGU related material to reference truth from such as TheFutureOfMankind, or They Fly would be helpful to some of the new members or even old. Also perhaps something more appealing to the home page, such as the SSSC logo and/or perhaps a quote of the day by BEAM would bring more attention to be focused on the reason to speak out here and not go off topic.
-Saalome-
Marcus

Zaqwsx

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 05:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RE: New ideas to help im...
Straightly speaking, almost all threads are fed up of arguments, opposing explanations, contradicting opinions leading to debate etc etc. My judgement says that these things are the least to be needed to improve the mission and eliminating them may not actually improve it but somehow won't lead the mission the otherway. I wonder if it's possible to have "debate meter" or what.
anyways, just saying.

Zaqwsx

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 06:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excuse me, moderator, but is it really necessary to do the monthly question and answer portion for the mission? I mean, literally, when I viewed the archived, those pages are no different to tv game shows etc. and a lot of times, multiple questioners asked questions repeatedly answered before and obviously did not initiate to try the search tab. if you may, it was like "Ok. I need to post this now, it's once-in-a-month time. Don't care of the search tab anyways, I just want my curiosity to be answered next month." it seemed to me to be pointless for the mission or what. pardon me but I just don't get it. and besides, if I correctly judged, most are being "too dependent" on that.
another thing. I don't know again if i'm being too judgmental with this but it seems that in some point, meier is being "defended" and "seen always above". o really i don't know what word to use. as far as i've viewed and read this site, numerous posts carry that "don't you dare talk about meier like that!", "meier is great", "he's above all" etc etc. those quotes are my interpretations by the way for I only know below basic english.
in my view, it seems that he is extremely adored or what. if this continues, there is a high possibility that he'll be seen and used the same as Jmmanuel, Mohammed in the far future. I mean, he himself should not be solely adored, worshiped or what. it is his words and teachings that should be kept in our deepest and not the person himself for we all are of same value in the Creation. his difference from us is his advancement in spiritual evolution, knowledge, truth awareness, etc. but in no way is he or anyone above nor below to any other.
last thing. I hope you can promote calmness to all members and visitors of this site in a frequent basis. If i'm not mistaken, sick meier was once advised by quetzal that meier should avoid any form of excitement and should do everything in a calm way for a slight drop of excitement is detrimental to his CNS. in any form, i suppose that excitement does still have negative effects to us and unfortunately, this forum is really soaking with it, if I not misjudge. I hope you could control that in some ways.

Zaqwsx

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 06:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ah, another if i'm still allowed. I frequently see that word salome salome salome salome which means "peace" when i googled it. that word should only be said when you really meant it. "peace" or "salome". that's it. that's ok if you say that really truthfully. but what's rubbish and stupid is that that salome salome salome salome word is being said by those debaters arguing of whatever, obviously irritated with each other in their words yet they end their posts with salome salome salome salome. that's quite BS for you say others to have peace yet you yourself within is bursting with profound argue or hate or whatever negative impulses. and actually, with seemingly endless repetition, that word lost its MEANING REALLY EARLY in this forum. which in fact, opposes again the infinite teachings. and a sad thing. I wonder if you see that of importance or what. well in any way, I'm just saying again.

Zaqwsx

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 07:08 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

o gosh, can i still say more? anyways, you moderators read this first so please read it if you want then not posting it after won't bother me. what's important to me is you guys in control read my views to certain aspects.
i hope you can make a section here where we can place a question ONLY followed by ANSWER, ANSWER, ANSWER, ANSWER, etc. so the topic title is the question itself that COULD ONLY be replied by answers, nothing else. but the condition is that everyone in this section should be anonymous. no member name is allowed except the questioner. this is helpful to those who sincerely just want to know but disappointing to those who want to debate and argue and pleasing to those who just wanted to help. another condition is that the questioner is not allowed to post any reply or what in his topic while open but only allowed once to end his topic or thread maybe saying thanks or non-negative comments. well, if ever you make this, i think there's no need to modify the site's usual setup, everything is in your control anyways so it could be done no different to other thread settings. in this way also, future viewers can easily browse the list of questions that they could relate to with high probability they could find the answers too. finally, you don't need to sort topics in this area so less work I think.}

Zaqwsx

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 07:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is the last. I promise. don't post it if you want but please read it.
I hope you can place an announcement saying that you are open to those freely willing to sort the archives in this site into topics sub-topics. sorting everything since 2001, i suppose, can be done easier by the few hundreds instead of the few tens.

Acriasis

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 05:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My above post was meant to be placed in the topic section "The Forum"

As far as helping the mission to improve, perhaps more availability of books by BEAM in bookstores across the world, would help others find the truth that may not have internet, in the forums a focus on the current subject entirely would help obtain all information about that subject that is available, perhaps setting up a new center in America in maybe Arizona, USA would help those of the truth here in America ( of coarse this already has been tried and did not work out, perhaps in the wrong area?)
One other thing that may help the mission to improve is for seekers of the truth to apply knowledge of the truth that is gained to their own lives in such a way that a change is present and the person begins to do the most good for his fellow human being through the love of Creation and the might of the spirit

Stephaniewbrooker

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> I have to say=2C that has turned m3e away from really wanting to read mos= t of these threads=2C it almost like I more advanced than you and this is w= hy=2C and comparing who is better than someone else. Some of the debates o= n this forum are so silly! It definitely is defeating the purpose for the = mission itself! Luckily i've studied long enough that I know this mission = is more important than these petty debates or by reading these threads I wo= uld have turned my nose up to this long ago=2C and start reading the bible= =2C LOL. Just kidding!!!
Saalome

Ferbon

Post Number: 152
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stephanie
It really wasn't silly enough...but now that you joined in...
And especially...Salome to you Zaqwsx...your total is 6 posts and 5 complaints (just say'n) - why don't you start from improving yourself - not to mention your command over language. You feel me homie? Salome again.

Matthew

Post Number: 51
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zaqwsx

You make many unfounded statements as well as facile suggestions that seem to come off the top of your head and yet you criticise others for doing the same when they also have questions, like you. Yes we are all equal. Your point is valid about the possible changes that could be made to the forum but this is, I think, the wrong place to discuss this. Maybe 'General Area/The Forum/Forum Posts' so maybe get to grips with the tools that are actually there. Changes to this forum I would imagine would require a massive undertaking and one that would outstretch current resources and time as moderators are spending most of their time checking, updating, answering messages in this forum as well as doing all their other tasks. I'm sure if you wanted to help out - you could.

On Salome - Most people who use Salome have been to the Semjase-Silver-Star-Center and met Billy and know Salome to be a standard greeting as FIGU members. What does "Hello" really mean anyway or "What's up?", etc, as is used by many millions of people around the world on a daily basis? Why not try some new way of greeting? Be open-minded? If you don't like it, don't use it. It's not up to you to judge who should or should not use it and you are not able to determine if people are using it falsely or not. People may just wish other people peace or Salome even if they disagree. Your suggestion that people are saying, "don't you dare talk about meier like that!", "meier is great", "he's above all" etc etc. those quotes are my interpretations by the way..." - yes it is obvious that they are your interpretations of what is being said about Meier here in the majority. Of course we must avoid worship but I do not see that kind of thing here on this forum, only very occasionally, as you describe and often there are just interested people on this forum discussing aspects of the case. If you want us to bring Meier down and discuss him in derogatory terms I suggest that you just do a Google search on Meier and you'll find many people only too willing to do just that and call him all sorts of names. Most of the people here are studying the case seriously and this revolves around Meier. Do you have a problem with that? You come across as a bit jealous that Meier is the center of all the discussions here and that people fully appreciate his work and his time every month to answering their questions. I also think that you may be griping a bit cause you missed the chance to post a question, which, we are lucky enough to have and are grateful for to Christian and the moderators for organising every month. You seem to only see the worse side of these things and have no positive ideas of how to improve the mission, only criticisms. Much of what you said in your post is nothing new to the forum. Of course the limits of the search facility and structure of posts have been questioned and mentioned many times before by others suggesting alternative ways to organise the posts and the moderators have agreed that these are all worth looking into and they have organised the forum as best they can. I would imagine that it is difficult to find direct answers to certain areas of interest other than through the various category titles and subcategories that the forum has. I look at the forum as an excellent way to get more information about the case from people who know and are working close to the mission and FIGU and who are going through the process of translating the information from German to English.

Peace (Is that better?) or goodbye, au revoir, etc., whatever!

Matthew (real name, I use this to formally to greet people with so that I take full responsibility for what I say. I also like to greet people truthfully and warmly even if through internet forums because it is an expression from me - not a virtual reality tag I give FALSELY = in actuality. I am after all a human being like you but I do not even know your real name?)

Flaming_pie

Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 05:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Stephaniebrooker,

"Some of the debates o= n this forum are so silly! It definitely is defeating the purpose for the = mission itself!"

I sure hope that you where not turned off by my silliness. Not! And yes I realize that I look at some things a whole lot differently than most of the people here. I think everybody should be included in your mission. But who said spiritual evolution has to be difficult? Who says spiritual evolution has to be hard?

Why not jump right in and participate and share some of your spiritual understanding? I for one would be glad if you did. I hoping you are some beautiful single woman jazzed about Billy Meier. Why are you not jumping in and sometimes getting your hiney kicked with all of us? Why don't you dig around articles to find Figu quotes so that you can make an argument and contribute to the understanding? How could it that a bunch of rejects, and mischief's are doing their best to make up the only forum that exists for this information on the entire planet?

Smile,
Anthony Alagna

Stephaniewbrooker

Post Number: 22
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 06:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Flaming_pie Hey, i wasn't calling anyone in particular silly, not at all, i just h ave found all the posts i use to received i saved a lot of them, now i find p eople are going back an forth about who knows more or who has more of an und erstanding of the information, its just what I see, but i'm not trying to be confrontational, just make a constructive critical comment. I know I don't post much, but I read most all the posts. i actually have read almost ever ything I can get a hold of and listen to the meier material to and from work on youtube on my phone to give me more positive thoughts and feeling before I get there. I work in labor and delivery and with the mentality of cowork ers and patients at this time you need all the positive reinforcement you ca n get. Please don't take any offense to anything I am posting, that is not m y intention.
Saalome

Stephaniewbrooker

Post Number: 23
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 06:40 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Ferbon, I didn't make the comment about anyone in particular, it was just t hat i get emails/text of all of the posts on this forum and I use to read al l of them intently, recently it seems to me it has been more of a bickering c ontest of who knows more than who, that is all. I really enjoy learning and have been doing a lot of studying in religious history and the contradictio ns. Mainly because I'm from the south and the mentality of a lot of people h ere is very confrontational if you do not believe in god; therefore, I've sp ent a lot of time educating myself on this subject to aid in my own developm ent and to hopefully take those peoples own info and open their eyes. BTW i feel so special you wanted to take the time to check out my posts, lol, how sweet. i read more than post, sorry, I'll try to do better.
Saalome

Zaqwsx

Post Number: 12
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 01:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've read the replies intended for my posts. Let me contemplate and chew those, though swallowing or spitting it out is still my freewill. I thank you for the replies anyways and i'm sorry for the posts which to me are mistakes made a few days ago.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page