Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through April 30, 2013

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Translations » Archive through April 30, 2013 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Ferbon

Post Number: 242
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mahigitam

You can use one of the free translating software like Google Translate to get fast results. Be careful though as the meaning of a lot of sentences may be distorted.

Salome

Newinitiation

Post Number: 615
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 07:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mahigitam

I think that you have got the concept of the central star wrong.

cheers
Matt Lee

Mahigitam

Post Number: 543
Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ferbon, i tried Google translate before posting my request. But the meaning from that translation was ambiguous.

Matt Lee, could you explain further ?
If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere - Frank A. Clark

Newinitiation

Post Number: 620
Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mahigitam

Sorry Mahigitam I didn't mean to come across rude as it appears, I read your post haphazardly and now I am having doubts about my own assessment and leaning more towards your views if I may call it that.

Great work, although I am of the view that our astronomers are yet to locate or identify the star that the Plejarens and Billy refer to as the central sun.

cheers
Matt

Blake_p

Post Number: 105
Posted on Saturday, March 23, 2013 - 08:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Newinitiation;

For some reason there have been a few different answers throughout the past,meaning, i just recently read through about ten years of Q and A and one of the answers that Billy gave was that our central sun is located outside of the material belt,which doesn't make much sense to me,another time it was answered somewhere where it is a very large star that releases a unique/different type of strong evolutive radiation which correlates with our progress through the ages of the Zodiac. So i'm not sure what the real answer is and somebody should clear that up in the next Q and A directly with Billy.

Newinitiation

Post Number: 623
Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 09:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Blake_p

I guess in time as always and step by step everything uncertain and unsure before will be resolved in due course.

Oops this is the translation section and I am off topic

cheers
Matt

Jacob

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 01:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This represents my own opinion about translations:
The more I think about the whole concept of translation amongst the non-German speaking FIGU members and FIGU friends the more I am convinced that translation (especially of the spirit teaching) brings much more harm then good.

- It is impossible to translate the spirit teaching in such a way that its intrinsic meaning is preserved.
- The English translated spirit teaching is not coded, so it provides no benefit outside what can be grasped by intellect and reason.
- People in general (with exceptions), tend to gravitate towards their own native language or a language they are well versed and comfortable in, they will, as a rule of thumb, ignore the German original because the English translation is right next to it and requires much less effort to read and understand, even when the English translation is not nearly as effective or even truthful, since the English translation (or any other foreign language translation for that matter) factually is a distortion of the truth already. (Words like Gemuet and Empfindung are virtually impossible to translate and have no English counterpart and require an extensive explanation to be explained properly)
- From what I know about FIGUs official stance is that they will not translate anymore books, writings, etc after the Goblet of Truth, what is most certain that the spirit lessons (which represents the bulk of the spiritual information) will never be translated.

My opinion as a person who had to learn German as a second language is that waiting for other translations to become available is a waste of time, time which could have been used as an effort to study German.

Learning German is not easy, it is hard, takes a lot of time and effort, can and will cause for a lot of frustration and will most certainly tax the patience of many people.

In my opinion, based on my own experiences, in all of this is that when a person becomes versed in the German language and starts to understand it properly, that person will unlock the unparallelled opportunity to study all of the available spirit teaching in German, which is much, much more then what is available in English or any other language.

That person will have the chance to learn and understand the spirit teaching intellectually and rationally, but will also benefit from the code in the spirit teaching which will enable an additional boost in consciousness-related/psychological and spiritual evolution.
Salome,
Jacob

As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.
~ Socrates

Coreyb

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 03:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Jacob

I strongly, respectively, disagree with the notion that the translations do more harm than good.

No, the translations may not accurately communicate the intricacy of the teaching or contain the coding, but they do make the basics comprehensible to the interested person. Such as Creation, the existence of spirit, reincarnation, our true purpose, The Twelve Recommendations etc etc.

In my opinion, it's better to attempt to learn these things than to not try at all. As Billy himself even says.

I'm pretty sure that many people have eradicated their own religious delusion and became aware of Creation by studying what's available in their native language. To me, this is a huge step in itself.

Now, of course, I am not saying in any way that going the extra mile and learning German wouldn't be the most beneficial. Of course it would, in every single way. Nor am I saying that the translations cannot contain errors, of course they can. But, studying the translations do and can bring about some good and evolutionary success.

However, this is just my opinion from what I have experienced and observed.

Piyali

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 06:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Corey,

I do not write here much at all, other than to thank a friend every now and then whose post make sense to me.

And so I am writing now to thank you for the opinion you have expressed here in your post, because from my own experience, from having read the translations provided so far to us, I have benefited hugely. I may not receive the benefits of the code yet, but I certainly benefited from the learning...the gist and the essence that I have received from them.

Without the translations, I would not have been made aware of the vast Spiritual Teaching provided by Billy and our Plejaren friends. I feel an immense shift within me and a clarity about life I did not quite have before. Thanks to the translations.

I have a deep respect for all who took the time to translate a few of the works that they had the permission to translate and share with many of us around the world. Something is always lost in translation, but energy and labor of love contained in the process of translating, cannot be diminished and counts for something. I feel it when I read it.

This by no means make me dependent on the translations, for I completely understand the importance and the necessity of learning the German language. And I am learning the language on my own, a slow arduous process for me, but very worth it. It is worth it, because those translations gave me a glimpse of what I can look forward to if I know the language. Without the translations, my interest may not have been this strong.

So I agree with you Corey wholeheartedly, coming from my own personal experience. The translations have played a huge role in my modest but sincere contribution to the Mission. The translations make me want to learn the German language, instead of making me dependent on them. :-)
Salome with Love ~
Piyali

Karrol

Post Number: 56
Posted on Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 07:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Piyali,

I was about to sit down a write pretty much the same thing. You said it well. I would suspect there are other English speaking people that would echo your sentiments. Bravo for speaking your piece.

Salome,
Karrol

Earthling

Post Number: 699
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2013 - 05:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agree with Coreyb, Piyali, Karrol ... translations ultimately bring far more good than harm. Rome wasn't built in a day and the translations done today are far far better than they were in the early days of the 1970's or 80's.
For example, look at the one our very own Indy did recently http://au.figu.org/meditation_meditating.html It's freaking fabutastic! Danke Indy.

In this day & age, with the reality of the need to survive by spending hours & hours working for money, many do not have the luxury of time to learn German. We are after all, still early in our material development, we are not even close to being 1/2 spiritual beings, therefore the necessity of paying for the basics of material existence demand a ridiculous amount of time.

A few crumbs of translations is much appreciated and gets the ball slowly rolling particularly considering the average earth human is merely 3 million years (is that correct?) into the 50 + or -, that is necessary to complete our evolution towards shedding the human body.

Jacob, your view is elitist, idealistic and unrealistic for the majority of terrestrial humanity in the current day. The day will come, far in the future, where your opinion will become realistic for the majority of the earth human, but that day is not today, imo of course.

That said, I appreciate any translations you do of the spiritual material! and please keep it up!
Salome,
Bruce

Jacob

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2013 - 01:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was anticipated that as soon I submitted my previous post that these reactions would occur.
When I state that translations do more harm then good is based on the fact that there no completely correct English or other foreign language translation exist, even the Plejarens were not capable of doing this.

There is inherent risk if people solely focus on the English or other foreign language translation (because like water in a stream, people tend to take the path of least resistance), that misinterpretations come into being which can escalate.

I am stating as my opinion that the time of translations has come and gone, because of the latest efforts made by the Canadian and Australian FIGU groups there is more then enough translated material that deals with the essential information of the spirit teaching.

The Talmud Jmmanuel, Goblet of Truth, The Psyche, The might of thoughts, Life in the spiritual and physical, the huge amount of answers provided by Billy on this FIGU forum over the years, when I speak of information provided by official channels, provide for more then enough information for people to obtain a very clear view about the mission, the spirit, the truth about the universal-consciousness Creation vs cult-religion, the true purpose in life, etc. etc. to inform people to a point where they would consider the challenge of learning German a minor one when it comes to the reward of obtaining the ability to read and study the remaining German material without the need of translation.

Any more translation is simply not needed because:

a) There is enough information translated as previously stated.

b)People tend to wait for more translations to come online instead of taking initiative, unfortunately people tend to the easy road.

More translation is harmful because it costs tremendous amount of time which could be used much more efficiently.

I think the smartest thing to do from this time forward is to study what is available in English (which is more then enough for a basic understanding) and focus on learning German as an individual or collectively as a group.
Salome,
Jacob

~ Socrates

Karrol

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2013 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sure it may hard for those who have had the opportunity to learn German when they were young to understand the difficulties presented to those of us who just recently became aware of the need to learn German in order to study the teaching. From what I understand, even those who understand and read German like a native have trouble deciphering the meaning of some of the words used in the teaching and must consult Billy to get a proper understanding.

I agree with Bruce that the day will come, in the future when it will be realistic to expect everyone to read and understand German. Until that day arrives, those of us who have the time and inclination to study German can do so and will possibly serve as inspiration for others to follow suit. I am appreciative of those who have taken the time to translate for the rest of us. If it weren't for translation programs like Google, I would not be able to study the Geisteslehre and would have to wait until my German is good enough to read it without that assistance, which is at least a couple of years away and I am not getting any younger!

Salome,

Karrol

Ferbon

Post Number: 272
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2013 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jacob

I agree that translated text isn't as accurate as the original and because of that clarifications of certain matters will inevitably take place. I must also point out that we are community that is founded on self-generated will to study and search for the truth. We help one another in the way that is available to us.
There are many questions and many explanations to be said or written in the future which not only will refer to Spiritual Teachings but also to numerous other things that have nothing to do with the teachings or German language in particular. As people already familiar with Meier's work it is our duty to at least direct interested party to the source where truth in its purest form can be obtained. You are right that there are plenty translations but even these have to be explained or paraphrased again to people with basic understanding or kids who are willing to learn. That is the natural way of things and through telling something in our own words we also gain wisdom and learn. Also please remember that we are only capable of certain level of awareness and knowing respectfully to our level of evolution. Thus it may be unfair to demand intrinsic and subtle understanding from everybody as well as 'must find time' attitude.

Salome

Earthling

Post Number: 700
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2013 - 11:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jacob, I respectfully disagree, again.

I don't think there are nearly enough translations .. can never be enough as far as I'm concerned. And I am not necessarily waiting for more, as I do attempt translating on my own, and in the process I am learning some German. I know many others do this as well. Some day, I hope I to be able to read any of Billy's writings in German and understand them but that is many many years down the road.

That said, I most certainly do appreciate any translation efforts by anyone else. As Dyson recently pleaded with the English speaking world to get going and translate more & more because only 5% of Billy's writings have been translated into English. Someday, I imagine that will be far far higher. And that day imo, will bring far more good than harm.
Salome,
Bruce

Jacob

Post Number: 43
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2013 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let us say that we agree to disagree at these points, nevertheless I want to respond to your words Bruce.

I would like to make my point here, by using an example from the book “Dodekalog” on pages 16 and 17, when Petale speaks about the use of ‘Spirithealing’ or ‘healing through the spirit’ (which is factually healing by consciousness, utilizing magnetopathic energies in concentrative form) (the term magnetopathic stems from the book “Die Psyche” on page 30)

Petale explains that the time has come and gone when the Prophets in the past used their abilities to heal people from sickness, this was often to demonstrate the abilities of the consciousness in visual/physical way because in those times, the human was still very much focused on what he could see, hear, feel, taste and smell instead on the power of his own thinking, so presenting evidence back then was usually done in a visual way.

Petale speaks about the fact that people who use their consciousness-related powers to heal others are factually doing them a big disfavor, they are robbing the people of their own responsibility to seek and find the truth and develop this ability themselves.

I think we can agree that, in its core-essence, learning a foreign language is as much a consciousness-related ability as the ability to heal people with consciousness-related powers.

In both cases it requires perseverance, patience and concentration to develop the ability.
Lets take it from the neutral-positive side: Learning the German language is nothing compared to the spirit teaching, German will take several years to obtain a decent level, the study of the spirit teaching goes on until your dying breath (in principle), over and over and over again each lifetime, forever.

It’s the same result for learning any consciousness-related ability: It provides FREEDOM, being free and able to do what ever you want to do with your acquired abilities, learning German gives you the freedom to buy every book which contains the spirit teaching and read and study it at will, it will give you unprecedented freedom because there is no dependency on anyone else to translate the information for you.

It will also enhance your mentality, and it will become a force of habit within you to acquire any ability, which is inside of your understanding and level of development.

I will put a quote in from Petale without translating; I leave that up to others:

Dodekalogue page 16, verse 87-88

87 Die neue Zeit fordert von dir, dass du selbst denkst und auch deinen Mitmenschen zum selbständigen Denken geleistest, dass du ihn unterrichtest in der Wahrheit, so er seine eigenen geistigen Kräfte erweckt und sie zur Eigenheilung für Krankheit und Übel verwendet.
88: Dies ist wahre Nächstenliebe.

I took no offense to your words whatsoever, I will respond to the ‘elitist’ remark however:
Let us say that about 4000 people on this world know and are sympathetic towards the mission of FIGU and know about the spirit teaching.
Since we live with 8,2 billion people on this planet, you, me and everyone on this forum are part of the 0.00004878% of the current Earth human population, who have access to the spirit teaching right here and now in 2013. (Even if a million people would have access to the spirit teaching it would be just 0.0121% of current humanity)

So 99.9999512% of the human population continues to live their lives having no clue or just the faintest clue about the spirit teaching for their complete life, from the cradle to the grave.
So yes, WE are the fortunate ones.

This is all I wanted to say.
Salome,
Jacob

~ Socrates

Patm

Post Number: 201
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2013 - 07:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many here on this forum first learned of the existence of the spiritual teaching from a very bad translation of the contact notes that provided enough knowledge for those that took the time to really try to understand what was being presented to gain a little more knowledge than they originally had of the real truth to incorporate it into their lives and begin to gain sparks of wisdom. These sparks of wisdom encouraged us to strive to learn more of the real truth of the spiritual teaching. For each of us it was an individual self-choice to pursue what had also become our truth and the never ending process of learning in our lifetime.

My searching for the truth existed in me long before I actually found out about FIGU and Billy's mission but I credit Wendelle Stevens and the English translations (as bad as I now know them to be) of the first contact reports with inciting that thought in me "This is what I've been looking for!".

Since then I, as many of you also, have read everything we could find that has been translated to English from the original German texts written by Billy and FIGU. Those of us that have become tired of the waiting for more translations to be made available have begun doing our own translations. These translations require a tremendous amount of time especially if all FIGU's translation requirements are to be met as they are currently documented including the new FIGU directives that came out last month regarding intra-country collaborations and the limiting of inter-country collaborations with an understanding regarding the need for autonomy of each country's group(s). This is also as Jacob has said important in the understanding that any knowledge obtained can only be fathomed, rationally studied, incorporated into one's own life in order to attain any amount of wisdom, but it must be done autonomously by each individual for themselves by themselves, just as each country must do it for themselves by themselves.

I see it similar to food. Without it we each of us starve and die even though we constantly seek it. For many it is just not available and they have given up even looking for it.

For truth most of us are aware that it is available for those that seek it. It has been originally prepared for those with a German "palate" and is completely indigestible for anyone else. Those attempting to do translations begin by doing it for themselves so at least they can digest it and from there they want to make sure it also digestible for everyone with the same " palate" if and when they realise the food is available for those seeking it. Not everyone will be able to acquire a German " palate" in this lifetime shouldn't mean they should starve or only eat what has been previously prepared for the English " palate" because that should be enough for you for now (as has been said) for this lifetime or until you as an individual are motivated enough AND HAVE THE TIME to acquire a German "pallet" before you die.

The translations I have done for myself, I have taken the time to also prepare them to the best of my ability so others can also gather nourishment from them. Not every flavour that I have tried to reproduce will ever be exactly the same as the original but it hopefully will be edible and those that consume it will themselves be able to digest it providing feedback for the refinement of what has been made available for them and others that follow to also consume nourishment that will continually evolve into something closer to the original (never exactly the same) for each individual in their own way and in their own time to consume and grow from when they are ready and hungry for it. From this will always come into appearance those that decide for themselves to take on supporting a mission of disseminating the truth by learning German to further their own development and also some may decide to take the time in this lifetime to share their translations with others that are not currently able to translate for themselves but still hunger for the truth.

Bottom line: As long as it also understood that all English translations "May Contain errors" and that those reading the translations are always willing to provide corrections when errors are found in translations then I'm sure 'some knowledge shared will always be better than no knowledge shared' and hopefully the confusion resulting from mistakes will spark questions and everyone including the translator will learn from it.

This is only my opinion.

Salome
PatM

Corey

Post Number: 378
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2013 - 08:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

in the short term we can refer to this answer:

April 26, 2009:

Q: Hallo Billy,

I hope you stay well

Vielen Dank für ihre antworten.

When will the German language be the main language for communication or at least in equal standing with what the English language is used today?

I guess it will be some kind of a change in this area too when all the spiritual teachings are written in German for accessing to the code in the texts and books. The English language does have a very predominant place today as a kind of an internationally used language.

Dankeshön für ihre grosse bemühungen
/Baselineplayer

A: If this should become a reality the process will need hundreds of years.

and for longer term and when will a unified world language happen, Billy's answer to Lonnie on May 26, 2008 was that the world language will become a reality in about 1000 years and that it "Probably it will be an artificial language, like Esperanto or Interkosmisch (Inter Cosmic).". The intro to GOT says this the world language will happen in 800 years so this refined answer indicates it is still a long way off. Will German still be around in 800 years? What do we do in the meantime if English is our mother tounque?

As far as translations go I am torn, I don't need translations for the spiritual teaching because I taught myself how to read German. So I just read on my own and try to live the spiritual teaching, if anything I use translations to test my German reading comprehension. But I can see the importance of them to the English speaking world to disseminate the truth. In a perfect world everyone would use translations as wetting their appetite to learn German to access the rest of the books. FIGU says we must all strive to make German the planetary language, so if you wait for translations, how can you help with this issue? Do you still see the importance of German, which is based on Old Lyrian? Preserving German keeps us connected to the Old Lyrian roots of the language.

One thing I definitely agree with translating are the prophecies, so mankind can easily read what can be changed and try to do so. I also think predictions should be translated so anyone can see what events, both positive and negative are coming for earth humanity, and get an idea what future incarnations may be like and get used to the idea of evolution, both collectively as a race, and as an individual, without having to learn German. I also think FIGU did the right thing by translating Henoch prophecies and contact 251, and the Predictions of the Prophets Jeremia and Elia. I think FIGU's overpopulation pamphlets and gaurdian of the earth pamphlets should be translated, considering what is at stake, and they would probably move like hot-cakes.

Salome

Corey
OM 32:2171 Die unschätzbarsten Schätze sind die Wahrheit, das Wissen, die Liebe und die Logik in Weisheit. The priceless treasures are the truth, the knowledge, the love and the logic in wisdom.

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 496
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I reflect on everything everyone has stated,

I see the valuable points being made. Certainly it has been of great service to us all and, many to come, that the most important works have been translated.

Upon further meditation and reflection, I can recognize the one and only true value in the Teaching. This brings to mind Ptaah's instruction/recommendation some time ago to have a halting of translating.

We certainly have enough works translated to "get the ball rolling" amongst those of us to whom "it has been given" to recognize the Truth and the prophets. Like a child who has suffered head trauma and has finally regained some memory and now recognizes his parents.

We are indeed a tiny fraction of the total of humanity and the only ones "to whom it has been given" and therefore we are wiser because of this recognition and realization of the silent revolution of the truth; according to Sfath.

Only the German texts provide us with the evolutive and spiritual increase we are meant to acquire. According to the Petale, only the German text will earn us the title "Jmmanuel" in this life time in the new millennium. To taste and provide the evidence of the power of the consciousness.

Considering the short remainder of time, perhaps we should be striving to use the internet to set up German practice sessions.

Only by learning the German language and studying the German texts will we gain the boon mentioned in the Kelch.

It would be in our very best interest to learn and practice the German language with each other over the internet.

Salome,
Eddie

Magic_pie

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 01:36 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"- The English translated spirit teaching is not coded, so it provides no benefit outside what can be grasped by intellect and reason."

Hello Jacob and Figu,

I have been studying about Billy Meier and the spirit teaching since the mid 90s. One of the main lessons I have learned in all this time is that spirituality is a consciousness-related exercise. There is no God or outside force taking command of your spirituality. Therefore it is healthy to assume that any code that is an external outside force to the consciousness is not creating any spiritual evolution for the human being. I understand it to be a neutral thing. To be honest with you, I never really ever cared about any code. I like reading the material in English and learning consciously… and looking at the pictures and watching the movies. The English translations are a cornerstone to consciously learning about the spirit teachings and must never stop. So please Figu do not stop authorizing translations. I appreciate all the hard work that the English translators do. My best thanks goes out to them and I am very grateful for all that they do. Thank you Figu translators from the bottom of my heart. You people are rock stars.

"- People in general (with exceptions), tend to gravitate towards their own native language or a language they are well versed and comfortable in, they will, as a rule of thumb, ignore the German original because the English translation is right next to it and requires much less effort to read and understand, even when the English translation is not nearly as effective or even truthful, since the English translation (or any other foreign language translation for that matter) factually is a distortion of the truth already. (Words like Gemuet and Empfindung are virtually impossible to translate and have no English counterpart and require an extensive explanation to be explained properly)"

Put the German words in place of the English ones like the translators are doing! Problem solved. I agree with you that I personally stop at English; I don’t really look at the German. Frankly I’m not interested. I think it is a sham that Figu people keep promoting that there is no value in English and that concepts can’t ever be understood. Take a topic like Creation. If a person reads about ‘Creation’ in various English Figu translations and studies these writings over years, and then couples that with participation in this forum or a Figu study group, ONE IS LEARNING and overcoming any translation errors in the long-term process. And then you have FIGUs big fat warning about translations. So any reasonable English Figu student is being careful anyway in their studies to compensate for the shortcoming in English.

"My opinion as a person who had to learn German as a second language is that waiting for other translations to become available is a waste of time, time which could have been used as an effort to study German."

People like you are the reason why I would never join Figu. I tried studying German; I really tried to get into it over the years. I must have bought a couple of different courses over the years. Honestly, I have no interest in “Germany.” I could care less to visit Germany or Switzerland. I don’t like German food. I don’t really like the sound of the German accent. To me the words are fking annoying. And I know German is superior to English so don’t go there. I just don’t like it… your whole German vacation. I am sorry. This is my failure this lifetime. But I’m not gonna fail my spirituality this lifetime!

"Learning German is not easy, it is hard, takes a lot of time and effort, can and will cause for a lot of frustration and will most certainly tax the patience of many people."

So you know what. I’m going to throw that goddamn German textbook and those fooking tapes at the wall and study the spiritual teaching! I may never be as versed as one of you snobby German only clubbers, but at least I’ll know to stay the fk away from God and religion! And I’ll know how to take responsibility for my own life and make my life about finding and correcting mistakes. Anybody can do this! Even a moron like me who does not really read; and is not a “book worm” who will get to the vast universe of Figu information already available, let alone things in German. I’ll never forget a piece in one of the Figu publicans, that I can’t really remember right now the booklet. But it was like a interview with Billy. And the question was something like, “Why does the white man need a book for his spirituality.” Or something like that. The TJ talks about finding the laws and directives in nature. So don’t tell me the secrets of the universe are trapped in a particular language!

"In my opinion, based on my own experiences, in all of this is that when a person becomes versed in the German language and starts to understand it properly, that person will unlock the unparallelled opportunity to study all of the available spirit teaching in German, which is much, much more then what is available in English or any other language."

I’m glad that you like to read so much. Don’t expect others to be so passionate about reading every last book Figu has to offer. I am happy being proficient with the basics. Like what is Creation? What are the laws and what are the directives? What is religion? Why is religion harmful? Why is fixing your own life better? Simple things like that. This is my level and I hate having ‘superior intellectuals’ telling me that I should be doing what they are doing. I am going to continue to peddle away on my broken down bike and I will understand and be a spiritual person, regardless if I ever learn German or not.

"That person will have the chance to learn and understand the spirit teaching intellectually and rationally, but will also benefit from the code in the spirit teaching which will enable an additional boost in consciousness-related/psychological and spiritual evolution."

Comment deleted

Kind regards,
Anthony

(Message edited by scott on April 28, 2013)

Jacob

Post Number: 44
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 11:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eddie, I totally agree with you.

@Magic_pie or whatever identity you have now: Good for you, have fun.
Salome,
Jacob

~ Socrates

Corey

Post Number: 381
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2013 - 09:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eddie,

"According to the Petale, only the German text will earn us the title "Jmmanuel" in this life time in the new millennium". What is your source for this? I am curious as I read German and do benefit from the code. Although I can imagine it would take a long time of wisdom and knowledge gathering to achieve that title...

Salome

Corey
OM 32:2171 Die unschätzbarsten Schätze sind die Wahrheit, das Wissen, die Liebe und die Logik in Weisheit. The priceless treasures are the truth, the knowledge, the love and the logic in wisdom.

Indi

Post Number: 728
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - 12:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it is important to utilise logic here.

Although FIGU prefers that we read the German texts, they also realise that this is too much to expect of populations at this time. Thus, the Statutes have been drawn up for the various Landesgruppen and other groups to abide by, for their contribution to the mission.

It is in these Statutes that we are told:

a) The members of the FL in foreign-language countries learn and promote the German language in
every way possible to them.
b) Members of the FL combat and avoid – to the best of their abilities, and with all means available –
the use of anglicisations in the German language and in their non-English national languages.
c) The members of the FL in foreign-language countries occupy themselves, among other things, with
the preparation of high quality translations into their country’s languages, so far as that is possible
for them.
d) The FLs publish the FIGU texts and books which have been translated into their country’s
languages, as their own responsibility, according to their own discretion, and at their own cost.
e) Members of the FL can offer German language instruction in the Studiengruppen, provided that
they are capable and have the necessary knowledge and training.

So, we are encouraged by FIGU to translate into our country's language. The issue as I see it is more that things are lost in the translation, and errors are also created in many cases.

The FIGU dictionary has been set up to help anyone translating to use the terms that Billy has decided are the closest to the correct meaning, but there will always be instances that cannot.

As each person is entitled to their view about this, a discussion about it is really good thing, so that these views can be expressed.

In my view, a balance is always going to be needed between the translating into English or another non-German language, which always MUST have the accompanying German, and the encouragement to others to learn German so they can benefit even further from the teaching contained within.

At the end of the day, there should be no discrimination against anyone of any language when it comes to being able to be exposed to the teaching. For this, the Statutes for the Landesgruppe is set up. It is up to us to apply these Statutes for the vision of the mission, to the best of our ability.

I love to read both the German and the English, as this works well for me personally. I then get the benefit of the code, and the assistance of my mother tongue to gather the information into my consciousness for processing.

I have enjoyed reading all your thoughts on this topic.
Salome
Robyn
Denken Sie für sich selbst!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page