Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through July 30, 2013

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Learning German » Archive through July 30, 2013 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Corey

Post Number: 238
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2012 - 10:27 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eric,

"Einführung in die Meditation" is pretty easy to read too, so you could order that one too, I remember a lot of noun compounding but it wasn't too hard. I would also order the pamphlet "die Herkunft der Satipatthana-Meditations-Methode" so you can see how far in history the Achtsamkeit Meditation really goes, Sfath's contact with a Buddhist monk, and Billy's history writing Einführung etc.

If your going to be meditating, you could always order Billy's "Symbole der Geisteslehre" and add studying the symbols to your meditation sessions too. I asked Billy once because the book is really called "Symbole der Geisteslehre aus den Speicherbänken (storagebanks) von Nokodemion and Henok" if studying those aided the Overall Conciousness Block (Gesamtbewusstseinblock) the next time it was programming an incarnation, but he said no, they are used to teach a form of meditation.

I haven't tried the Beam portal yet, I've been busy reading the books and work and life, but I'll have to give it a try. I saw on the German forums that there was some speculation as to whether it was encoded or not, but it's from Billy so it's got to be good.

I mail the cash into FIGU for my book order so it takes a week to get there and then a week of shipping to get my book orders in Minnesota, so in two weeks or less you could be reading! Pretty soon you will be reaping the fruit from all your continuing hard work of learning the German lanquage- good luck with your harvest!

Salome

Corey
OM 32:207 Was der Regen für die Wüste ist, das ist das Wissen und die Wahrheit für den Suchenden. What the rain is for the desert, is what the knowledge and the truth is for the seeker.

Smukhuti

Post Number: 658
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have come to the stage where without German knowledge, I cannot progress too much in learning about the Meier case and the spirit teaching.

I did a very basic German course sponsored by my company long time back. But my busy work routine prohibits me from taking any regular course on German. But duolingo, in the last 5 month has helped me not only brush up, but further my German knowledge in my own sweet time; although I estimate it would take me another year to join the FIGU German forum and post questions without aid of translators, and another further year for me to safely start reading the spiritual teaching, and I am not sure when I would be able to understand spoken German by native German speakers.

How has been the experience from other German learners? Am I overestimating or underestimating the effort to learn German (good enough to read the spirit teaching)? Comparatively, how much time would it take to reach the same level of German knowledge (to read the spirit teaching) using Rosetta Stone vs Goethe Institute vs online methods like duolingo?
Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it - Rabindranath Tagore

Markcampbell

Post Number: 815
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 11:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You want to get to the stage where you recognize a word but still have to look it up ; you will need to do that to get closer to the appropriate meaning .It's not always obvious .

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 625
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smukhuti: "...and another further year for me to safely start reading the spiritual teaching..."

Hi, Suv

I would go ahead and get started on the spirit lessons regardless. The first few are basic general information and covers material you have probably been exposed to somewhere in other Meier material anyway. They then progressively build on this foundation and provide practical information that you can use every day which you cannot find in the books alone. And if you have any questions about the understanding of any portion, you have the privilege of emailing a Core Group member to get their input. But, of course, you are really encouraged to study it on your own.

Do not put undue pressure on yourself to master the German language. In a way, having to translate the material into your native language forces you to slow down and focus on every single word and its appropriate meaning in context, to be open to the nuance and thusly, the pitfalls of speed reading or glossing over the material are sidestepped. For me, the whole process is a symbiotic exercise in meditation and discovery with an odd-like anticipation of a child about to open a present. And as your German improves, you can always go back and review earlier information to glean any exactness.

I know others will disagree, but I feel our life-spans are too short for us right now anyway so the sooner you begin internalizing the information the better and I trust I am not acting irresponsibly in suggesting so.

Kind regards,
Bob

Edward

Post Number: 2618
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2012 - 02:01 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi SUV....

You received some very good advice and ideas, here(; Mark and Bob).

Just take it all 'step-by-step', as Billy would say.

The whole Spirit(ual) Teaching(s) and related, One can not learn in ONE life,
no?

What you absorbed (in this life time)...is what is absorbed; can not do
better, no problem.

As I understood, is, that in your next incarnation you will 'pick up the
grain', so to speak, and continue further, in that incarnation. So: you will
find your way.

Thus, NO worry...dear friend...

Like the saying goes: "ends will....meet."

Edward.

Abdiel

Post Number: 53
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2012 - 08:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, I want to know...what have the German that other languages dont have?

What made of the German a so "special" language?

Corey

Post Number: 333
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2012 - 09:38 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smukhuti,

I think it all depends on what you are trying to read. In my opinion, the contact reports and bulletins are much more difficult for me to read then the spiritual teaching due to the advanced conversational German that sometimes contain (regional) dialectal words that are usually not in the spiritual teaching, so I constantly have to look more and more words up to understand. Plus the contact reports have no code, so it won't help your consciousness learn from impulses. Billy often reuses many of the same words in the spiritual teaching from book to book, granted you still have to look up some nouns and verbs, but over time you learn the new words and next time you already know what they mean. That doesn't mean you won't encounter new words by any means, but overall over time for comprehension reasons you will learn to have a good foundation of terms you learn and know.

I'm with Bob that once you are comfortable, you could order some of the easier books and a few of the Informative Kleinschriften (pamphlets) and delve right in and get to know some of the FIGU words Billy uses, the FIGU dictionary is a big help, plus you will need good online dictionary(s) for the verbs and nouns you encounter (two is good to get a second opinion- sometimes you will get multiple definitions for a word and it is up to you to find the one closest based on sentence context). From there you could move at your own pace, as you would know if you are comprehending and understanding the information that you are reading good enough to order more books, subscribe to the spirit lessons and so on.

As for the "how" to learn German, I never used Rosetta Stone so I cannot comment on it's effectiveness, I used Pimsleur (rented lessons 1-3 @ my library and burned them to MP3's) and some workbooks from Amazon, from there was self taught by reading the materials themselves. College would be the first choice, but for you it sounds like that isn't an option. I say that because as I said I'm self-taught so I can read, but I cannot write my own German very well (like a letter or an email), nor have I no idea (other that what I learned through Pimsleur) if I am pronouncing words right when I do my daily prayers etc. but I know I get close. I really have no where close to go to college to learn German and my work schedule prevents me anyways so I really have no way to rectify that. Like anything it is trial and error, I think you have to decide first what you want to read, the spiritual teaching, the spirit lessons, or the contact reports, or all three, and then decide if you want to be a reader or a translator, or both. You may have to try all of the above to make up your mind after some time. If you decide to read the contact reports, plan on learning German for several years to read them without many aids.

I applaud your decision to learn German, consulting the texts directly is the best way to gather knowledge. Sure one can learn from the forums and FOM site reading translations, but you encounter materials in the books that have never been translated or discussed in the English world at all. Who knows maybe it is your impulses that are telling you to learn German, so you can know what there is to know, and it would probably be wise to listen to yourself. Think of your future incarnations, due to overpopulation and global warming, it will be more difficult to live on Earth in future times, more future impulses that would then be generated would make it easier to find out about the mission in a future tense and study again. In 2012, life may not be perfect, but it is possible compared to a few future incarnations, these may be the "good times". It is inevitable that us Earth humans will start to correct our wrongs, and things will balance out, but the question is: HOW LONG WILL THAT TAKE? Learning German now will help, but in the future personalities, it will be up to you all over again whether you listen and act upon those impulses. I approach the situation like this: my present life cycle is a training ground for future incarnations, the more I listen to impulses, control my thoughts, feelings, and actions, respond to impulses from my consciousness, the more wisdom, knowledge, and love that I gather, the easier it will be to do so in future incarnations where it will matter more so then it does in my current lifetime and so on through the ages.

Salome

Corey
OM 32:2171 Die unschätzbarsten Schätze sind die Wahrheit, das Wissen, die Liebe und die Logik in Weisheit. The priceless treasures are the truth, the knowledge, the love and the logic in wisdom.

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 448
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2012 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Corey,

Thank you for your post #333. It was a breath of fresh air and a great insight.

Salome,
Eddie
[7:-)

Flaming_pie

Post Number: 39
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2012 - 03:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Abdiel,

"What made of the German a so "special" language?"

The German language is much older and accurate than English or Spanish or instance. Take a look at this Language Family Tree I found on the internet.Family Tree

From what I understand, the Germanic languages have ET influence from Lyrians, I think. And languages like English and Spanish are basically chopped up versions, filled with religion and with less descriptiveness, that were often forced upon the people by religious conquerors.

So German is the least religious and most accurate language that the Earth humans can use.

Cheers,
Anthony Alagna

Indi

Post Number: 693
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2012 - 09:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Abdiel and all,

here is a link to an explanation re the German language that may help answer some questions:

http://au.figu.org/german_explanations.html
Salome
Robyn
Denken Sie für sich selbst!

Smukhuti

Post Number: 659
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read somewhere that an Indian scientist said that Sanskrit and German language are most suited for computers because both can be adapted to be used in the most unambiguous way and with less number of words. Sometime back I heard that an Indian University was trying to develop a Natural Language Processing system with the ultimate goal that the processors will exchange information in Sanskrit language rather than some programming language/instruction set. However, I cannot confirm this as I heard this from somebody.

If that report is correct, German is the only surviving logical language.

Sanskrit is dead now, though some scholars do study it seriously and there are quite few surviving Sanskrit scholars. Surprisingly, NASA is more interested in Sanskrit rather than German. Maybe that is a political decision, because they know that as a colloquial "default" language, German can be more than a threat to English, while Sanskrit cannot ever come close to a wider acceptance.

http://www.ibtl.in/news/international/1815/nasa-to-echo-sanskrit-in-space-website-confirms-its-mission-sanskrit/
Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it - Rabindranath Tagore

Melissa

Post Number: 55
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 07:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Smukhuti,

Here are two snipits from an article written in 2010, concerning some popularity in the learning of Sanskrit, found here: http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/sanskrit-thriving-in-uk-schools-34267

1) Sanskrit may be resource starved and may find fewer pupils in India, but there are schools and universities in the UK where the language is thriving.
2) This chain of schools has been teaching Sanskrit since 1975.
-Melissa

Abdiel

Post Number: 57
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Then the proto-indoeuroean is much better than the german because the german come from it.

Smukhuti

Post Number: 661
Posted on Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Proto-Indo-European is not a language, but a set of parallel language development those were more similar to each other then they were different. Proto-Indo-European is the hypothetical pre-cursor of Indo-European language family.

Being the oldest do not automatically qualify a language of being the best. Being the oldest can also mean the most primitive. Similarly, being the newest also do not qualify a language of being the best. Being the newest can also mean the one with the most bad traits from one or more language(s), or, the one still not stable enough.

There could have been other languages that developed close to German, but as per FIGU, German vocabulary is best suited for the spirit teaching.

"Many times the real original sense is lost in the translations because the necessary accurate expressions, terms and words do not exist in the languages in question. Very often even synonyms don't exist that could be used as absolutely equal meaning of words and, therefore, could be exchanged or replaced in a text without changing the information being conveyed or its sense."

Source was already posted by Robyn: http://au.figu.org/german_explanations.html

Gargindia

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is a very interesting discussion.

What is Plejaren's view of Sanskrit?

Edward

Post Number: 2744
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2013 - 01:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Gargindia....

Welcome to the FIGU Board!

As to what I know from reading the concerning, is, that Sanskrit has been a
very valuable 'source' for the Plejaran to interpret/translate certain facts,
for Billy, as well as for other aspects. Going, back to mid 1940/-50s.

Billy's Meditation Methods, were also, translated from Sanskirt (as well as
other sources), to update it, as I recall; when Billy was about 11 years old;
and, spreading the/this authentic Meditation Method; which made its way to
America and the rest of the world, thanks to...Plejarans and Billy.

Pleasant Studying....

Edward.

Hawaiian

Post Number: 159
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2013 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The following sentences came from Australia’s FIGU website compliments of Robjna Foley translation of BEAM’s different types of Meditation of which the liberation type is highest because one’s material realm including oneself/ego is completely absent. Thus the essence of “nothingness” is “achieved so that all or the Oneness is experienced which comes from the spiritual non-material GEMUT.

The High German language as in any language just another “vehicle” or pathway to Oneness, although it is true that the German language is the most accurate on Earth to translate creational essence, it is not necessary to experience the Oneness of spiritual GEMUT essence. It is necessary to “achieve” the appropriate discipline to realize that your material-conscious awareness has its limitations in the material realms and cannot be utilized to experience spiritual Oneness, it is only relevant when “it” becomes non-material in nature through discipline, then one “merges” into the Oneness that is completely whole without the restraints of any material limitations.

Further evidence to this approach (which is my opinion) can be found researching BEAM’s article on dreams where perception(s) are switched off. However it is possible to meditate in one’s dreams even for those who do not speak a single word of High German. With that being the case, then there must be some logical link(s) that enable one to do so without depending on any of the material 7 senses?

Source: http://au.figu.org/content/Meditation%20and%20Meditating.pdf

“Especially, the liberation meditation is of very great importance because the thoughts and feelings are completely switched off through this, and one is placed in a state, which is recognized as the pure fine-spiritual perception-state of the fine-fluidal form of perception.”

“In this state the coarse-substantial perception is completely switched off, consequently neither one's own body nor feelings nor the environment are perceived, but only fine-substantial fine- spiritual perception”

“These state results in an absolute freedom from all burdens and an oneness with everything and the whole of the endlessness and timelessness, with the endless duration – the all-great-time, that is to say, the eternity, into which the meditator perceives him- or she shifted.”

“The actual state of freedom and of fine-spiritual perception cannot be described with words, but can be perceived and understood only according to fine-spiritual perception.”

“To explain this, it must be considered that a fine-spiritual-perception is a transmission from the spiritual Gemüt and has absolutely nothing to do with feelings that come from thoughts out of the consciousness realm.”

Gargindia

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 05:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Edward and Hawaiian,

I thank you for your explanation. I always knew there is something special about German, although I never had the opportunity to learn it.

The words used in meditation are independent of human languages. I know this for sure.

Zaqwsx

Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 12:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To concerned: how should i pronounce letter e in Deutch alphabet?
ey or eh? Utube videos confuses me. Also, whats sound difference does e and i have?

Zaqwsx

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 07:17 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have answers. Danke anyways.

Celesco

Post Number: 23
Posted on Saturday, July 20, 2013 - 07:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have a question about using German to form thought-connections with the Spiritual Teachings so that they can penetrate into the personality.

somebody posted a forum post earlier that intrigued me a lot, which i would like to talk about first.

here is the post:

- - -

the first strong german verb listed is abbrechen in present form and it can mean anyone of the following:

to abandon
to abbort
to abort
to break
to break away
to break down
to break off
to break up
to cancel
to cut
to sever
to stop
to strike
to tear down
to terminate
to truncate

- - -

at first, i was skeptical of the potential in a so-called "strong" verb because i thought, "those are a lot of unique verbs... don't they need to be separate so that society can function?" - at least, that was my street smarts personality thinking, lol, which relies on all those verbs just to express simple, easily understood commands and to avoid confusion in everyday life when no thought exists in the majority of humans.

but then it occurred to study deeper, and i realized that all of those english verbs, while expressing different actions, all carry a similar "feel" about them - which, in this case, seems to be the whole experience of something ending. would a german speaker agree that 'abrecchan' feels that way, or can they perhaps elaborate on the experience of conceptualizing the verb?

it can be said, in english, that somebody "breaks up" with their spouse, thereby conveying the feeling that the divorce was harsh and painful, and, truly, forcing the other humans nearby to feel the correct associated feeling, even if it is not in accordance with the truth... or it can be said that that somebody "aborted" their relationship, implying to other humans that the separation was clean, tidy, and efficient and involved no feelings (which is impossible), thereby causing a resonator in their thoughts that allows them to consider it nonchalantly. both terms can be used, in english, to express the same experience, yet it seems that neither one fully coveys the depth about the entire human experience... which is the true life, right?

yet... if the word "abbrechen" is used, it conveys the whole depth of feeling that is experienced when, in one example of its usage concerning divorce, two people separate and thereby experience some pain of separation, some clean efficiency because it is required in the process, some cancellation of habits, some abandoning of loved ones, and a whole bunch of other complex, interwoven experiences? these experiences all contain a singular verb in english, but in german, they can all be expressed in a single thought that, instead of simply describing an action, is also rich in experience... is that vaguely accurate? lol, finding the words in english just to construct such a contemplation-idea is so hard... you translator guys must have a difficult task!

but i digress. in other words, by condensing so many verb-actions into one verb, will the "strong verb" create a much bigger resonance in the thoughts and feelings? i can imagine it to some degree... and while i still only speak in english, i am seeing how mechanical of a language it is, but i see that there is more to learning this German language than simply knowing the grammar.

last question i have for now is this: do you, German students, tend to study the strong verbs one by one in order to construct the "strong verb" in your head with the appropriate power? it seems that it would take some time of contemplating each verb-action in order to understand the accurate linking feeling that ties them all together to produce the "strong verb".

i am so excited to "feel" the German language! lol, and thanks for reading. i get a feeling of the truth of the matter about me from contemplating, but i like to hear your opinions, FIGU forum people

Corey

Post Number: 461
Posted on Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 09:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Celesco,

Keep in mind that I am not a native German speaker, but you will often find verbs and other words that have many corresponding English meanings, most with a similiar "feel", so what is needed is a way to conceptualize and umbrella all the meanings together to get the overall meaning Billy was implying, sometimes w/o actually correlating the meaning in English (takes away from the overall meaning), but leaving the correlation in German using sentence context (even though you looked up the English defintion to get as close as possible). That is what can be so difficult with translating Billy's material, trying to find that one word that makes the meaning understood in English, when there are many available. This is also one of the reasons the forums do not allow for translations beyond a few sentences, as some people have changed the meaning of Billy's texts due to personal preference.

I find myself thinking differently when reading Billy's books that I normally would as a native English thinker if that is what you mean, and I find myself thinking in ways and means not possible in English.

Sometimes when Billy writes, for example he will list many different words that all have the same meaning, for example, let's say negative character traits for a human being due to a negative Psyche, many will be listed will have the same meaning such as 2 or 3 for anger, a couple for moodiness, fury, and crabbiness, where in English an author would just normally list just the strongest, most descriptive word for the idea such as furious anger and leave it at that. Welcome to the multi-faceted portions of the German language, but I can say after reading the original German for some years, there is no other language on Earth to accurately convey and explain the spiritual teaching other then German. I am by no means a German expert, I am still in many ways just a student, and I am reminded of that every time I read more or less.

Other times, and the FIGU dictionary is a perfect example of this, one German word will have varying English counterparts with different meanings, and you have to use sentence context to determine which different exact meaning is meant by the same German word to accurately correlate the sentence into something you can understand (English), which can mean one thing one time, and something else entirely different the next. In English, we are usually used to one word = one definition rule for primarily most of the time. English for this reason is a very stifeling/narrow language. This one comes up often too so you have to get used to it as well and be prepared for it.

And yet other times, Billy uses phrases over and over such as "in Erscheinung treten" or "keine Rolle" where using a dictionary really might not help, but reading someone else's translation to see what they translated the phrase in English so you know for next time. This would mean you would have to follow along reading the original German with the translated English and learn from someone elses translation too. I learned a lot reading the GOT translation, both the German and the English and this advanced my German knowledge too. I recommend using someone else's translation as a catalyst for learning words and phrases Billy uses to get better definitions for your reading potential, as well as build your German vocabulary. Be realistic though that someone else's translation can contain errors so don't take everything literal, but you can still learn a lot.

Lastly is one of my favorite advantages of the German language, noun compounding. There can be 2, 3, or more nouns joined together to make up one word, that you can look up individually to get the meaning of the word. The German language is so intelligent it is beyond words.

There would be many advantages to being a native German speaker, but this does not mean it is not possible to learn German so you can read the books. It is also good for your evolution so you can benefit from the code. I am in awe of native German speakers, they are so lucky!

Entire books can probably be written about the differences between the German and English languages, but this is my brief .02 cents, based on my experiences, and there are certainly wiser people then me on the forums (although I do try to nourish my unknowledge with knowledge and wisdom) , I encourage you to wait for some other replies as well...

Salome

Corey

note: as you read Billy's books and learn more about the laws and recommendations of Creation and try to fulfill them and live (Erleben) them, it can be frustrating because current Earth laws and legislation are so destructive and many are anti-Creation based and barbaric, but the trick is to try and strive for inner peace, freedom, and harmony and try to fulfill and live the laws and recommendations of Creation in your small personal sphere at all times. Over time you change (because of the code?) in your thinking to become more receptive to the laws and recommendations of Creation and try to fit them in where you can, this part is also something you can relearn how to do in future lifetimes if you pick up where you left off (it will either be evolution or devolution for you, your future choice)...
OM 32:2171 Die unschätzbarsten Schätze sind die Wahrheit, das Wissen, die Liebe und die Logik in Weisheit. The priceless treasures are the truth, the knowledge, the love and the logic in wisdom.

Celesco

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 07:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks for the input, Corey. After spending enough time familiarizing myself with the concept of the German language, i have thrown myself into the study of it. i know so little, but it is very enjoyable already! it is a beautiful language - and it reminds me of the people of Atlantis depicted in the Disney film with the same title, only a little sterner-sounding (not quite like Lyrian, which is like a cascading waterfall to my ears).

i wonder if somebody might be able to look at my work, and to comment on my grammatical syntax, in the following translated sentence? it is from my personal study notes, which i am attempting to write out first in English, and then to also translate into German.

here is the English sentence:

In German, the definite article (“the”) will be recognized as "masculine, "feminine", or "neuter" by the noun genders "der", "die", and "das", respectively.

my first translation:

In Deutschen, das bestimmte Artikel werden sein anerkannt wie "männlich", "weiblich" oder "Neutrum" von das Substantiv Geschlechter "der", "die", und "das", beziehungsweise.

i was not satisfied with the translation, so i dug around a little on-line, and managed to refine it like so (in parentheses are my hopefully accurate comments on the corrections - also corrections are in red):

REVIEWED: In Deutschen, das bestimmte Artikel ist (werden sein – „will be“ is brought into AKTIV present tense by replacing werden sein with ist – or „is“ – otherwise it would be contracted to wird) anerkannt wie "männlich", "weiblich" oder "Neutrum" durch das (von das – „by the“ – is replaced by „durch das“ because the „agent“ – namely, referring to the noun genders – in this case is not a person) Substantiv Geschlechter („er“ is added to the end of the noun to indicate it is plural) "der", "die", und "das", beziehungsweise.

therefore, the reviewed sentence reads as follows:

In Deutschen, das bestimmte Artikel ist anerkannt wie "männlich", "weiblich" oder "Neutrum" durch das Substantiv Geschlechter "der", "die", und "das", beziehungsweise.}

lastly, am i correct to say that "werden sein" is more accurately contracted to "wird" when the sentence requires a future-tense action?

thanks!

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page