Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through July 28, 2013

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Translations » Archive through July 28, 2013 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Jacob

Post Number: 54
Posted on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 07:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Bruce, Ferbon

No I am not stating that, I am saying that a translation is as good as the abilities of the translator(s) when it comes to understand the material, the source language and their skills in their native language, a lot of factors are involved.

I totally agree, Plejarens are humans and make mistakes, however I am saying that for example a Professor in Mathematics is very unlikely to make a mistake in a simple subtraction calculation in basic school material
In theory, these topics should be a no brainer for Plejarens and they should be able to give good advice.

To each his own, its a own personal choice how to deal with the spirit teaching, if they prefer translations or if they prefer learning German and study it natively, all that matters that people can make an informed choice, and no person is better then other if they decide different from the other.

What I know to be absolutely sure: There will never be official permission to translate the spirit lessons into any language, they will be in German only.

This can be verified by the CG49 directly.

The books and writings are a subset of the spirit lessons and to this date I have seen topics in the spirit lessons which are not written down in any of the books and writings of FIGU.
In order to access the spirit lessons people will either translate themselves for their own use or learn to read German.

When we reflect on all arguments in favor or against, I think there is plenty of information now for anybody to make a good decision, this based on neutral material.
Salome,
Jacob

As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.
~ Socrates

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 512
Posted on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 07:17 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ferbon,

I'm certain everyone would agree with your assesment. What we all must come to realize is that, like Semjase's allegory about the sun, there are two fundamental subjects infused into each other in this discussion about "translations".

On the one hand we have the need to disseminate the information to every species of human beings with their varied spoken languages. This is of extreme importance and no translation effort should be disrupted. This will lead to the appropriate realizations.

On the other hand we have the one and only important, which is where the Plejaren are mainly concerned with. Their concern for us is and, always will be, the positive evolutive effects of the code infused into the German texts.

It is not enough to intellectualize and reward ourselves with only a narrow glimpse of the spirit teaching. The Plejaren know very well how rewarding it is and how impressed and grateful we would be after receiving the benefits of the code.

Schantz,

Be careful not to grossly and erroneously underestimate the Talmud Jmmanuel. It is a unique and powerful written work, the contents of which are not contained anywhere else. The Talmud Jmmanuel was written and, its level of evolution and knowledge is, for our time and beyond, another 2000 years.

Salome,
Eddie

Jedaiah

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 09:16 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seeing these different views 'clash' over what people understand is mildly entertaining. Imagine in a few years when we've grown, and then, look back at these posts.

-J

Earthling

Post Number: 711
Posted on Friday, May 10, 2013 - 08:46 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd just like to point out to all the translation haters (you know who you are! ) .... please check with what name Meier signs each & every single one of his writings, and get back to me regarding the continent and language of where such a name originated.

Danke!
Salome,
Bruce

Gargindia

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 01:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing wrong in learning German language.
Is there a good web based German teaching course?

Jacob

Post Number: 55
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 02:17 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Bruce,

Not a hater here

But more then willing to provide you with the answer, but first I took the liberty of researching the origin of your name, if your given name is truly Bruce.

Source: Wikipedia:

The English language name Bruce arrived in Scotland with the Normans, from the place name Brix of the Manche département in Normandy, France, meaning "the willowlands". Initially promulgated via the descendants of King Robert I of Scotland (Robert the Bruce) (1274-1329), it has been a Scottish surname since medieval times; it is now a common given name.

From a Scottish surname, of Norman origin, which probably originally referred to the town of Brix in France. The surname was borne by Robert the Bruce, a Scottish hero of the 14th century who achieved independence from England and became the king of Scotland. It has been in use as a given name in the English-speaking world since the 19th century.

Now from the nickname 'Billy':

William is a popular given name of old Germanic origin.[1] It became very popular in the English language after the Norman conquest of England in 1066,[2] and remained so throughout the Middle Ages and into the modern era. The modern German and Polish equivalent is "Wilhelm." It is sometimes abbreviated "Wm." The name's shortened familiar version in English is Bill, Billy, Will or Willie. A common Irish form is Liam. Female forms are Willa, Willemina, Wilma and Wilhelmina.

William is from the Old Norman form Williame, corresponding to the French spelling Guillaume, and is a cognate from the German Wilhelm, and of Germanic origin: wil = "will or desire"; helm; Old English helm "helmet, protection";[1] thus the Old German name Wilhelm and the Old Norse name Vilhjálmr have the same roots. The name William has today been interpreted to mean protector of the kingdom or realm.

The Normans (in French: Normands; in Latin Nortmanni; in German: Normannen) were the people[a] who gave their name to Normandy, a region in northern France. They were descended from North Germanic, Norse, and Viking conquerors of the territory and the native population of Germanic Frankish[3] and Gallo-Roman stock.[4] Their identity emerged initially in the first half of the 10th century, and gradually evolved over succeeding centuries.

You have a sense of humor Bruce
This took just 5 minutes time to research.

G'day!
Salome,
Jacob

~ Socrates

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 513
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 02:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On avoiding agitation about you.

I would like to post this translation from the Kelch. Chapter 3 verses 145 and 153.

145) Compete with one another to do good deeds and always maintain your righteousness (conscientiousness); and for the good deeds that you do and for maintaining your righteousness (conscientiousness) you shall receive your fair (appropriate) reward, and your good deeds and your righteousness (conscientiousness) shall not be disputed, because whoever knows the truth shall esteem it and recognize it in deference (esteem).

153) Consider that when you get up early in the morning and go out of your house that you shall always be friendly and good to yourselves, as well as to all those whom you meet and with whom you have doings, so that neither you nor anyone else may fall into agitation about you.

Salome,
Eddie

Earthling

Post Number: 714
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 05:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jacob, you toucheed me again, god damn it!

.. well, almost

yeah, that's my name, for better or worse

I did read somewhere of the Plejaren saying in no case should word-Enlishisms, -Anglifications, -Americanizations, -slangs, etc., be used or incorporated into the German everyday language. So no use of the so-called 'Denglish' i.e. "weekend, sandwich,.. " etc.

http://german.about.com/library/blvoc_denglish.htm

While you have foiled me with your ur-William research and it having German origins, "Billy" is clearly a British or American nickname and in this particular case "Billy the Kid" is as Old-west American as you can get.

There is also the matter of this continually updated extensive work, the FIGU German-English Dictionary https://figu.org/dict/ to assist us in learning German as well as aiding in official, unofficial, authorized or unauthorized translations.

And there is also this latest (and greatest) update (hot off the FIGU Canada press) of Chapters 21-28 of the GOT into English, done with the help of Billy himself, meeting with Willem Mondria and Mariann Uehlinger for a few hours each week, or so I've been told.

=========================

EddieMartin, duly noted.
Salome,
Bruce

Jacob

Post Number: 56
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 03:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Bruce,

Nevertheless is the root in German, without the German origin, there would never be an English version or much later a nickname based on the English version.

I think Billy is a proper 'nickname' and not an English replacement for a word that normally exists in another language.

An example of of anglification in my own native language Dutch is for example the word: " baby", which is obviously borrowed from English and has found its way in the Dutch language. The original Dutch word for 'baby' would be: 'Zuigeling', a word hardly used by most Dutch but means the same thing.

However there are much more important things in the world to research then the origin of a nickname in my view.

The FIGU German-English Dictionary is indeed a very good source to learn German and assist as you say in official, unofficial, authorized or unauthorized translations.

Its better to provide people with the best possible dictionary in order to reach the best possible translation, then try to disallow translations altogether and risk rogue translations to swarm the internet which would spread like a wildfire and give rise to possible false-teachings and false-interpretations.

No matter what ones preference is, either learning German or translating, people know themselves what they need in their own personal evolution.
Salome,
Jacob

~ Socrates

Jacob

Post Number: 57
Posted on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 03:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Gargindia,

One website I can recommend is this:

http://www.dw.de/learn-german/deutsch-warum-nicht/s-2548

In my experience Google translate is only half-way reliable to translate very simple sentences or individual words, if you try to translate large pieces of text it comes out really awkward and does not come close to the German original.

Also programs like Rosetta stone are available, but if you search the web, there are many more sources.
Salome,
Jacob

~ Socrates

Gargindia

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 07:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Jacob.

Johnboy

Post Number: 114
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 08:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jacob....
Could translation software be created using the FIGU dictionary only? I do not have the skills to make it happen but, it seems translations would be more accurate and much faster for the translators. It would also allow much more time for review of accuracy if the results were as fast as the computer software. Just an idea. Saalome!

OH...and thank you very much for the link about learning German.

Johnboy

Jacob

Post Number: 60
Posted on Monday, May 20, 2013 - 06:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Johnboy,

Your welcome.

Technically it would be possible, but very improbable, it would require efforts from programmers (to build for Mac/Windows/iOS/Android/Linux, etc.) on top of that a lot of time, money and testing the software.

Translation software is not nearly as sophisticated as human translation, because it does not have common sense and rationality as a human being.

As a reference, even the Plejaren translation computers could not properly translate the spirit teaching and simply gave up, so that should say something about the possibility of Earth human technology and our chances to make it work properly.
Salome,
Jacob

~ Socrates

Ferbon

Post Number: 297
Posted on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 02:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello

Could somebody post link to contact reports which are not available on Futureofmankind and provide info why these are omitted?
I understand that many of them are in original German, nevertheless, is access to them possible and where could they be found?

I would appreciate advice regarding this.

Salome

Newinitiation

Post Number: 679
Posted on Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ferbon

Try this http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/gaiaguys/meier.gaiaguys.index.htm

I've noticed that some contact reports have discrepancies from FOMK to others

Certain contact reports in FOMK is incomplete or have changed in recent years.

It maybe due to Benjamin's translation efforts replacing what has been translated by gaiaguys and others but don't quote me on that.

Thanks to all these tireless efforts and people involved in the translation for their tremendous efforts.

I hope it helps

Just to find out for yourself try CN 440 from FOMK and what is in the gaiaguys web as an example of what I am talking about

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/gaiaguys/meiersb34.htm

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Contact_Report_440

cheers
Matt Lee

Ferbon

Post Number: 299
Posted on Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 03:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Newinitiation

Thank you. I will compare what's available there.

salome

Zaqwsx

Post Number: 39
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013 - 05:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I need to try this even with the slightest chance .
Please i request to whoever can and have time to translate beam portal july 24th article: WHAT ALL HUMAN BEINGS OF EARTH SHOULD KNOW!
please. Please whoever can.

Patm

Post Number: 234
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zaqwsx,

This BEAM Portal article has already been translated by FIGU Canada (also in FIGU Bulletin 78) and can be found on there website here:
https://www.creationaltruth.org/LinkClick.aspx?link=http%3a%2f%2fca.figu.org%2fuploads%2fWas_alle_Erdenmenschen_wissen_sollten_edit__2_col_CF.pdf&tabid=56&portalid=0&mid=2541

Hope this helps
Salome
PatM

Patm

Post Number: 235
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013 - 09:02 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zaqwsx,

Here is a direct link to the same file on the FIGU Canada website.
http://ca.figu.org/uploads/Was_alle_Erdenmenschen_wissen_sollten_edit__2_col_CF.pdf

Salome
PatM

Zaqwsx

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013 - 06:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you thank you patm. Im very greatful thank you really.

Zaqwsx

Post Number: 41
Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uh. Just to say, that figu ca translation is for me, no matter what angle i looked at it, is very very rough vague and far from other translated writings of meier. I cant get the usual impact and flow when reading meiers stuff. Since that article is not carefully looked at, i still hope somebody can exactly make it into english

Earthling

Post Number: 745
Posted on Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 06:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zaqwsx, try this link http://ca.figu.org/FIGU_Bulletin_Number_78.html

seems to read pretty well to me
Salome,
Bruce

Zaqwsx

Post Number: 42
Posted on Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 12:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry for bothering some but i think i was confused and biased when i read that for first time which for some reason caused incorrect criticism from me. Sorry again for consuming some efforts from you.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page