Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through October 16, 2014

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » FIGU Study Groups » Archive through October 16, 2014 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Indi

Post Number: 753
Posted on Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back to topic please!
Salome
Robyn
Denken Sie für sich selbst!

Derrycity

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, February 07, 2014 - 04:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone in the Chicago area wants to connect on the spirit teaching and such things. doirecity1@gmail.com

Shark_mode

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, February 10, 2014 - 05:34 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Theredpill,

You said on another thread, "If any of you are around the Phoenix area and interested in meeting for tea locally at a convenient time on this type of discussion (not just Time Travel but other mysteries touched upon by Billy), I'm open for it..."

Please my friend, why don't you join us in Munds Park for Michael Horn's study group if you live in Phoenix Arizona? And yes we can have a spot of tea too!

Cheers!
Anthony

Theredpill

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 04:05 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Shark Mode,

A trip up to Munds Park is doable but harder for me, for I am down south near Phoenix.

Another reason I kind of shy away from a formal group meeting is, in the past I have found people in such groups appearing to be holding back, perhaps for concern that it doesn't quite jive with the BEAM CR/QTB etc etc. I feel it is important for people to meet and not feel "bound" to saying things they feel will be backlashed by authoritative figures. I just cannot see creativity, true exchange, where freedom to speak is stifled. But, that is not the fault of the host, but just the nature of the "gathering."

On the other hand, now that I have said it, awaiting for some kind of backlash from somewhere, I expect a creative/free-flowing group to at least adhere to the following:

* Acknowledge the authenticity of the BEAM experience
* Have respect for one another's intelligence for getting to that conclusion
* Have respect for the path each of us has chosen in life
* Agree to disagree, with the understanding that the spirit teaching is what is the focus of BEAM, everything else is just tea topic
* If spirit teaching is the focus of BEAM, and we truly understand that principle, then let's practice what we preach in pursuit of knowledge, truth, wisdom, and love.
* The "sword of knowledge" should not be wielded condescendingly, vulgarly, nor violently, even in the name of truth against any other fellow person.

I know MH reads this and if he sees no problem with that then I will make the extra effort to go there, though due to the distance a little planning would be necessary. I did plan to go a few months ago but missed.

Also I was hoping to meet more frequently than once a month, or at least outside of the study group schedule.

Michael_horn

Post Number: 763
Posted on Friday, February 14, 2014 - 04:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> I read this and I wonder why you would assume the negatives? They simply don't apply to this group, which you can better determine for yourself if you want to.

Shark_mode

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 04:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Theredpill,

"A trip up to Munds Park is doable but harder for me, for I am down south near Phoenix."

Dude, we have people flying and driving in from other states. Your trip should be a snap!

"...I kind of shy away from a formal group meeting is, in the past I have found people in such groups appearing to be holding back, perhaps for concern that it doesn't quite jive with the BEAM..."

I don't hold back, mate! And this is coming from someone who constantly throws himself under the bus here on this forum by bringing up unpopular ideas, like Titor time travel. Trust me, the people are cool. You will get along fine if you want to go-for-it with your understanding of the spirit teaching. I think as long as you are trying to apply the spirit teaching in your comments and questions, anything flies with this group!

" I just cannot see creativity, true exchange, where freedom to speak is stifled."

My friend, this is not the case! In fact, the group exchange of ideas is an EXCELLENT exercise in listening and being an equal contributor. Sometimes I wonder if I talked too much and took away from someone else to say something? This is a great exercise in finding this balance. There is no stifling, just discipline and respect.

"...now that I have said it, awaiting for some kind of backlash from somewhere..."

My man, life is both positive and negative. You can not expect anything be all rosy and not feel the downturns. But I would say we have good harmony.

"* Acknowledge the authenticity of the BEAM experience"

Yes, we are all BEAM students. We study the spirit teaching.

"* Have respect for one another's intelligence for getting to that conclusion"

Everyone is modest. There are no experts or leaders.

"* Have respect for the path each of us has chosen in life"

My friend, you worry too much. Since we are all spirit teaching students we are learning respect for all things. Your path, although down a different road, is probably not much different from the rest of the group.

"* Agree to disagree, with the understanding that the spirit teaching is what is the focus of BEAM, everything else is just tea topic"

How about tea and teachings? I also snack on peanuts, like a squirrel shark.

"* If spirit teaching is the focus of BEAM, and we truly understand that principle, then let's practice what we preach in pursuit of knowledge, truth, wisdom, and love."

Well we all know that life is a continuous perfection; but it seems to me that the group is religion free; and the members appear to be trying to apply the basic ideas and concepts within the spirit teaching.

"* The "sword of knowledge" should not be wielded condescendingly, vulgarly, nor violently, even in the name of truth against any other fellow person."

No loose cannons, know-it-alls, experts, super knowledgeable ones, poor observers or bullies at the meetings. That does not happen at our group meetings, like it does on this forum and the blog. :-)

Cheers!
Anthony

Theredpill

Post Number: 41
Posted on Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 08:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You make a irresistible case SM.

I'll find out from MH when the next meeting is and maybe able to email privately you if you give him the permission to do so.

Perhaps we have met at a previous meeting and I've never been good with linking names to faces. :-)

Salome.

Theredpill

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 06:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just happened on this reference from Ardie Fox.

"Respect is the foundation of all existence, respect is the foundation of love" Billy

Can someone tell me if this is from something written by Billy so I can read it?

Blake_p

Post Number: 178
Posted on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Derrycity;

Just saw ur post;
I've been corresponding with a guy in Chicago for about 6 months,he is coming to our meeting next month in AZ and wants to look at property in the area while we're there, so I know he's serious about the material,I'll ask him if he's interested in meeting with people in the Chicago area.

Blake_p

Post Number: 179
Posted on Friday, February 28, 2014 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Theredpill;

Just figured I'd throw out the welcome mat as well regarding our study group in Munds Park. All the people are great and welcoming, and we naturally adhere to the way groups are supposed to be conducted. There are others on the forum that have made the trip from all over,and I think they would agree that it is extremely beneficial to participate, develop togetherness and of course a dedication to the material. Hope to see you there.

Jae_salas503

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 09:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would like to find people in the Salem/Portland Oregon area that would be interested in starting a study group.

Smukhuti

Post Number: 697
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 05:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

An article by Achim Wolf on the mission

http://www.figu.org/ch/verein/periodika/bulletin/2014/nr-84/der-grosse
“We live in the world when we love it.”
- Rabindranath Tagore

Qmanchu

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 08:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings everyone,

My apologies for butting in off topic , I have been trying to acquire knowledge of the viking runes for I have seen with my own eye the tree of life over and over in BEAM spirit teachings. The spirit symbols definitely have runes in them and more elaborate in many cases than the originals. I know the spirit symbols are used in telepathy amongst beings throughout the cosmos. The runes are always in my thoughts and seem to force me to understand them more intimately. If there's already a group studying this or if anyone would be interested in commencing forth into delving the depths of these symbols I will be greatful.

Many thanks to all,

Q (QQ)

Ramirez

Post Number: 1046
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 11:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Figu Study Groups ......

Hmmm, presently these are about as rare as hens teeth so like most persons interested in the various Meier material i'm also somewhat isolated and without any opportunity to meet with others.

So what's an option apart from trying to form your own group ...... atheist groups.

If you dial in your nearest city and distance from at the Meetup site: www.meetup.com

your likely to find something but not all groups are the same and generally they dont seem to be affiliated.

For instance in Sydney exists a group with 1270 members which meets twice a month ..... one meeting is a lecture by usually 2 academics from the University Of Sydney which appears to be a hotbed of heretical and atheist activity then the other is a social evening with no set agenda.

I attended a lecture meting held at a very nice center of the city pub in an 80 seat function room with it's own bistro counter serving a small variety of $10 meals and $5-7 sides plus arguably the cheapest drinks ever at a commercial premises from a small but well stocked bar.

Meetings start at 6pm where an hour is allotted to eating then the next two hours have a guest speaker and slideshow or movie of an hour each however it's possible to obtain food and drinks right through to 9pm.

There were two psychologists explaining the Psychology of Belief related to religion ..... one speaker more interesting than the other and ..... the audience consisted of 68 members which is quite a turnout.

The social meetings seem to attract about 35 - 40 members and again the bistro and bar are open right through the meeting.

Members are a mixed bag though very friendly and good humored with plenty of dark religious humor and jokes plus on average quite intelligent with a good sprinkling of obviously university educated types so it's a fun crowd.

Admission is just a $2 donation though you can give more and most seem to put in $5 - $10 which covers hire of the venue room plus website upkeep.

I imagine it would be different everywhere but so far this seems the only viable alternative in Sydney where it's possible to meet rational people for conversation about things not favorable to religion nor the position of belief over evidence based knowledge in society overall.

So maybe your local atheist group can act as a substitute till the real thing eventually develops or if your keen this might be the place to meet people who would eventually become interested in Meier material.

I found on average these are persons looking for answers though rejecting any sort of religious explanations or mumbo jumbo and they are by no means a radical attack dog type organization.

It's more along the lines of logic and reason based on evidence and science.

Maybe it will work out for you.

Search for a group, attend a meeting to get the feel of what's actually happening then take it from there.
Cheers.

Ferbon

Post Number: 374
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2014 - 11:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are Figu people meetings through Teamspeak.

Ramirez

Post Number: 1057
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2014 - 06:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After having attended a second atheists meeting it's becoming clearer that many in that movement are rejecting religion and it's explanations but themselves not asking questions about the fundamentals ..... what is the purpose of life, is reincarnation real, is there other life in the universe. how does the universe work, are there more universes than one, what explains the diversity of personality types and behaviors ....

In general it seems to revolve around rejecting religion rather than seeking answers though i did find a Turkish man who seemed far more in touch than the rest and willing to discuss all those issues however his position is:

If there isn't conclusive proof via science leave it alone as speculation which also seemed to be the overwhelming position of most who appear to be actively engaged in good deeds of an anti religious nature but not much in the way of traditional philosophical inquiry.

So it's better than nothing but nowhere near what goes on here though real face to face opportunities to share ideas however when bringing up the few above mentioned subjects it became quite amusing with things like .... "are you really an atheist ?" similar to "are you a committed christian or what" which comes from religious types when introducing uncomfortable issues ..... most just dont seem to be able to cope though a couple smiled quietly in agreement though not wanting to add too much which would give away their position by engaging in an on topic conversation.

So i think for a very long time most who frequent here will live out their lives isolated except for the occasional bright spot or person who occasionally comes along.

When the leading atheist attack dogs are examined ..... Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennet that's essentially what they are ..... anti religious attack dogs who do that task very effectively however without providing answers to the questions which draw people towards religion no matter how crazy and fantastic their explanations might be ..... except for Billy Meier who combines supplying rational answers in addition to being an dog

We got it almost too good to be true here ......
Cheers.

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 458
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2014 - 06:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ramirez, I have found pretty much the same thing, that the atheist movement is comprised of people who simply want to reject religion and spirituality in an almost knee-jerk reaction. For them spirituality seems to be bound up in religion, and they do not want to think about the deeper reasons for life; they just wanna make fun of religious thinking. Of course, that is blanket statement, and certainly some are deeper thinkers than others, but when tasked to entertain new ideas, the deeper inquiries into the origin/meaning/goal of life, generally I have gotten less response from atheists than I did from the various religious people I have talked with.

Another thing, it takes awhile for this stuff to soak in. The idea that we are not alone in the universe, I think most people don't really care. Even if you prove that aliens exist to someone, even if for them the light clicks on and they get it, alotta people just go back to wherever they were already at in life, and don't think about the ramifications of extraterrestrial humanity any further. Those of us that do.. seem to be fewer and farther between than I expected when I first started talking to people. Even people who are close to me and can't help but get an earful with some regularity, when I rant about current events for example, even though they acknowledge there is some chance advanced extraterrestrial life has visited our planet, they still don't wanna change their thinking. With that in mind, I can see why we have an admonition to not proselytize - most people simply don't wanna go there, even when they know. This seems to me like an almost schizophrenic mindset to manage to hold together. If ya think about it, it's kinda amazing how much mental gymnastics the human mind can do just to maintain relative parity with its environment. So slowly does it dawn on people how much more there is to this stuff than just UFO's in the sky.
Life

Votan

Post Number: 224
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2014 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michaelhelfert

Most people cling to religion because of insecurity in life. They are not capable of rational thought. They need to be led.

This is what causes Wars and this is what World War 3 or 4 will be about.

You can see it played out now. It is impossible to stop violence with violence. Yeah send in bombers to stop this Isis movement.
joe

Ramirez

Post Number: 1063
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 07:40 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michaelhelfert,

It does appear that atheists are even more empty and dull than religious folks ..... as experienced so far though with exceptions.

Throughout history the corpse on a stick crowd gave us the crusades ..... (err armed pilgrimages), the witch hunts, the dark ages, assorted genocides targeting unbelievers in south and north America plus the slave trade from Africa, book burnings not to mention the next step .... people burnings so it's quite a record of accomplishments.

Then more recently their polar opposites the believe in nothing but the leaders wisdom and next 5 year plan bunch gave us the Russian gulags, brother number one Pol Pot in Cambodia who hosted return to year zero, chairman Mao with the cultural revolution, a bunch of revolutions across latin America & Africa, beloved leader Kim from NK and all those delightful commies from Eastern Europe seeking out to re-educate believers in at least something and everyone else considered to not be sufficiently enthusiastic about the newly established workers paradise.

So given an opportunity atheists have proven themselves through a historically documented track record to be just about as dismal a bunch of no hopers as their skycult fantasy opposite numbers in club lala land.
Cheers.

Ramirez

Post Number: 1071
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 02:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A Meetup group based in Sydney Australia was started by Vivienne Legg during early October 2014.

Studying Billy Meier's 70 Years Of Extraterrestrial Advice.

http://www.meetup.com/Studying-Billy-Meiers-40-years-of-Extraterrestrial-Advice/

If you are a forum reader and resident of Australia please give your support by joining the group even though you might live interstate or in a country area some distance outside Sydney with probably not much chance of personally attending meetings. This gives an idea of overall numbers Australia wide.

For the future it's hoped a Sydney based study group might evolve where members and Figu old hands can meet regularly (once a month maybe) to hold discussions in a relaxed informal atmosphere as well as conducting more formal presentations geared towards attracting interested new persons held maybe once a month in the Sydney Mechanics School Of Arts building located in the center of city area very close to Town Hall and Museum stations.

Below is a copy of information Vivienne wishes to make available detailing basics of what the groups direction is all about:

The Billy Meier Extraterrestrial Contacts:

An introductory talk at the Sydney Mechanics’ School of Arts (280 Pitt Street Sydney NSW) on Saturday, November 15th at 1:30pm, by Vivienne Legg, from the not-for-profit FIGU-Landesgruppe Australia Inc.

http://au.figu.org

What main principles distinguish this extraordinary universal teaching of life?

This extremely interesting story of extraterrestrial contact with the “Swiss farmer”, Billy Meier, has now been known in certain circles for 40 years. The hundreds of clear, close-up, daytime photographs and raft of other types of evidence fascinate many around the world and continue to excite arguments, some of which have been raging now for decades. But the spiritual teaching associated with this case still remains relatively little known. As small groups of people get together around the world to study it, more becomes available to those citizens of Earth who cannot read the original German texts.

So what is it really about? What makes it so different from all that we read from the familiar “New Age” genre?

The teaching of the Plejaren extraterrestrials and Billy Meier is multifaceted, comprehensive and is based on logic. It is wonderfully extensive and clearly reflects the high intelligence and spiritual evolutionary level of these human beings - our cosmic relatives. This teaching does not lead the student into a convoluted inner journey which would have little relevance to the here and now. It does not float around with the so-called mysterious, the concealed or veiled, nor does it require dependency on any guru or master or enlightened human being. This universal and universally valid teaching lies in the context of millennia of distortions of the same teaching - distortions which were intended to disempower and enslave the Earth human beings by those ET human beings who deceptively set themselves up as gods over the people. Distortions of the truth also occurred through lack of knowledge of the truth.

Finding the truth through our own logic and rationality is the key to real success, and our world opens up and fills with possibilities once we finally learn to properly pay attention to all things, including our own true, creational nature, instead of slavishly following imposed dogmas and unreal ideologies.

Along with others, I have been translating just a portion of the abovementioned teaching and related extraterrestrial advice for several years, last year completing Billy Meier’s book Macht der Gedanken (Might of the Thoughts), and currently translating Die Art zu Leben (The Way to Live). In my talk I will be drawing on these texts and some others to present an outline of the main principles of this teaching, with some examples of how they can be implemented in our immediate lives for our essential personal benefit as well as for the benefit of all of humanity.

There will also be an opportunity for some questions regarding the abundant, hard, scientific evidence and other information to do with this unparalleled case of extra-terrestrial contact.
Cheers.

Votan

Post Number: 233
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 01:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ramirez

Tried to join but could not connect.
joe

Votan

Post Number: 235
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 01:05 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is there so much silence on the Malaysian flight disappearance. Surely Billy must know. The transponders would have picked up the plane.

Can somebody please answer this question.
joe

Ramirez

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 09:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Votan,

Both links work for me. If you have Mozilla Firefox highlight the link, right click then choose open link in new tab.

Also concerning the Meetup .... i goofed somewhat by assuming Vivienne is living in Sydney which is not the case.

Please see a clarification from Vivienne below.

Hi everyone,

It’s very encouraging to see that quite a few of you are intending to come to my talk on November 15th. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to meet you all, especially given that here in Australia there are usually just a very few people getting together over great distances (Skype usually) to learn about this. The 15th will be a great opportunity for you to get some idea of the overall principles of this spiritual teaching and also to get a sample of the depth of it as I draw on various excerpts and explanations from the teaching texts. What pleases me about this material is that it covers all aspects of life but also describes so much in great detail, leaving me feeling that I have a very practical instruction manual for understanding human consciousness – leading to greater empathy and patience and optimism among many other good things.

I should also take this opportunity to clarify that I am only visiting Sydney from time to time at this stage, and so this kind of talk will only happen every so often – hopefully more regularly in the future. But there are a few interested people already in Sydney who study the teaching and the other information of the Billy Meier case, and some of you may want to get together more informally in between more formal events. So we will see how it goes.

Thanks again for your interest. For now you might like to rummage around on the FIGU Australia website to learn a bit more. http://au.figu.org

Salome (peace in wisdom),

Vivienne
Cheers.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page