Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Older Messages

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » "Billy" Eduard Albert Meier » How YOU found out about Billy Meier? » Older Messages « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Norm
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2000 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought it would be interesting to find out how everyone here, discovered Billy Meier and his Contacts with the Plejarans.

I personally started looking at UFO and Bigfoot books in elementary school(7 years old). As I got older, I only followed UFO stories that appeared on TV. When I got into my early 20s, I came across the book Missing Time by Bud Hopkins, and that got me into reading UFO books all the time. In 1987 I bought and read the book Light Years by Gary Kinder, that I thought was very interesting. It wasn't until about 1989, two years after reading Gary Kinder's book, that I saw Wendell Stevens on a latenight TV Documentary called UFO's Are Real talking about Billy & the Pleiadians. Then I was able to get a copy of Wendell Stevens book UFO Contact from the Pleiades:A Preliminary Investigation Report. After reading that, I tried to find the actual Contact Notes but had no such luck. Then Wendell Stevens released Message from the Pleiades:Volume 1 and I was totally hooked. Starving for more information I tried to buy on a few occasions underground English translated Xerox copies of the Contact Notes, but never did because the price was so outrageous ($300). Then I discovered Randolph Winters first audio tapes. After buying and reading all of the Message from the Pleiades Books and listening to all of Randolph Winters tapes and hearing how there were so many inaccuracies in those books and tapes. I decided to contact F.I.G.U. about buying official english contact notes but they said there were none. I always hoped that one day, we would get official F.I.G.U. sanctioned versions of the Contact Notes. Which is now becoming a reality because of the F.I.G.U. OCT donations. So that's how I am now a member of this forum.

Norm

Anthony Alagna
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2000 - 01:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Norm,

This is a really cool discussion that you started. Like you, I've been interested in extraterrestrials, spaceships, time machines, mysterious creatures, and other related topics ever since I can remember. I have expressed this passion through science fiction films, TV shows and video games throughout my life, without ever really getting into Ufology. Instead of going to UFO conventions, my big thing was/is going to Star Trek conventions. If you have seen the movie "Galaxy Quest", you have a good idea where I'm coming from. And it wasn't until 1996, while watching a documentary on UFOs, that I first learned about Billy Meier and the Pleiadians.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw these amazing pictures of flying saucers, they seemed so original, shot against the beautiful countryside of Switzerland. At that point, I had fallen in love with this contact case; and after watching this video that changed my life, I immediately searched the Web for this contactee known as Billy Meier. Of course, www.billymeier.com and www.figu.ch showed up right away in the search engines; and with my first clicks to these links, my life started down the path of the FIGU. Where I am today, still watching Star Wars movies over and over again, but now I've got something real to believe in with Billy Meier and the Pleiadians.

Best regards,
Anthony

Marc Juliano
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2000 - 02:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Norm,

Interesting topic. As you and Anthony, I was always interested in the unknown, mysterious, and space-related topics (including UFOs). As a kid, I collected almost every Star Wars action figure I could get my hands on and was fascinated with the concept of other people on other planets.

My first "encounter" with the Billy Meier information happened in 1991 while I was on a first date, believe it or not, with a woman who was already many years involved in New Age material. She had brought a video with her on this first date called "UFOs Are Real", as you've also mentioned. (Yes, I know...UFO video on a first date is quite, uh, 'interesting'.)

After watching most of it with interest, the very last piece on this video was an interview with Wendelle Stevens who showed his volumes of Contact Reports that he had already been accumulating from his visits with Billy Meier, as well as his perspective on the whole case. This is the part of the movie that my jaw dropped.

Several beamship photos of Billy Meier's were shown and I was amazed and immediately knew there was something about this case that set it apart from all the rest. I rewound the video several times and just stared at the beamship photos in awe and wonder (again, with jaw dropped). :)

For months, I thought about how it would be possible to get in touch with "somebody" way over in Switzerland in a remote part of Zurich who knew about this. After seaching New Age book stores, I came upon the Message from the Pleiades book by Stevens (rough translations of the Contact Reports) and read it over and over. I also read a rough translation of Billy's book , "Decalogue", transmitted by Petale, that my then girlfriend had saved from several years ago--she recommended that I also read it, stating casually that it was "interesting". The book's logic and unique tone fascinated me and made me more determined to find out who Billy Meier was and what was going on after all this time.

So in 1993, my determination brought me to a UFO Expo in Los Angeles where I met a fairly new study group of FIGU's material at a book stand and shortly thereafter, became involved myself. To this day, I'm constantly learning more and more about the material, discovering many logical answers to questions, witnessing the truth of the FIGU material in areas of prophetic and scientific research, unraveling things that may have once caused some doubt in this case, etc., etc.

For many of us who "stumbled" upon this case and its information, I think perserverence, critical thinking and just plain using our heads has certainly been rewarding.

Regards,
Marc

Ardie Fox
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2000 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All,

I too had been interested in UFOs and New Age material for several years. In June of 1994 I bought 4 books on sale at a New Age bookstore that was closing. On my way to the counter I noticed the book "Celestial Teachings" by Jim Deardorff. I put one of the other books back and got Jim's and I am so glad that I did that.

After reading that book, I had to have the TJ too. I also wrote to Mr. Deardorff and he kindly responded and referred me to the California Study Group where I was able to find alot more material.
Nothing else had made as much sense to me as the FIGU material has.

In April of 1998 my son and I were able to visit SSSC for a few days and that was very exciting and a pleasure to meet some of the core group members.

Salome, Ardie

Lonnie Morton
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2000 - 01:15 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Norm,

Unlike Marc, Anthony, Ardie and others, I was never really interested in UFO's, ET's or anything having to do with the New Age movement. It seemed that this kind of information was false and misleading and a lot of it is, except for one very important and well documented exception.

I always thought the most important information was in the Bible, and that it was beneficial for all things. So, for many years I was dedicated to making known it's message, and was very much involved in public speaking and teaching as a Bible Student and Minister with a well known internationl organization, that Marc, Anthea and possibly others among us are familiar with.

It's almost impossible for anyone to learn the true truth while being part of an oganization like this. They view this kind of information as being "demonic" or "satanic", without realizing that the demons, as understood by Christianity, are nothing more than self-created entities in a persons own mind, caused by irrational, illogical or egotisical thinking, and not wicked spirit beings or fallen angels praying on humans who are weak in faith.

It was only after experiencing some very serious domestic problems at home, and having to work seven nights a week, that I eventually became inactive from this oganization to the point where I could think a little more clearly on my own, without the manipulative influence of an external authority (namely Jehovah and his so called Kingdom).

Then one night while listening to a very popular radio show that I used to listen to on the paranormal broadcast all over the world, I heard about Billy for the first time. It was said that this was the most well documented case of it's kind in history. This caught my interest. And sure enough being interviewed on the program was our old friend Randolph Winters (still in Billy's dog house) telling his story about Billy and the Pleadians. So, I went out and bought his book and couragously read it with much intrigue. I didn't believe everything, and some things were hard to accept at first, such as reincarnation. But I was fascinated with the story of Jmmanuel and the Talmud. From there I ordered the Talmud and Jim Deardorf's book Celestial Teachings and read them with keen interest.

Then later, I heard about the billymeier.com website on this same radio show and ordered all the literature. From there I found the FIGU website.

After much research, analyzing and criticizing, without prejudice and in total neutrality, along with the many Goverment conspiricies, that I am familiar with, I realized that I had found the truth.

It was the reason and logic of the teachings that really helped me come to know more of the marvelous aspects and wonderful spiritual qualities of Creation.

So now, I know who my real brothers and sisters are.

Anthea
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2000 - 09:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We all have such similar tales to tell! Good idea Norm. As with Lonnie I too had been associated with the same Sect. I was born "into" it and grew up with the false indoctrination that it was the "Truth". However, even as a child I never took to it and rebelled against their teachings wherever I could! *lol* I always felt there was more to life than they proclaimed and suspected that we were not alone in this Universe. Needless to say I was the "black sheep" and as soon as I turned 18 I moved out of the house and pursued my life the way I wanted to - I never stopped searching for the real truth and I became involved in all the New Age nonsense in my quest for answers - needless to say this was unsatisfactory. I always was fascinated with Science Fiction and "other worldly" things. I finally discovered the FIGU through reading "Light Years" by Gary Kinder. It was odd - about 2 years ago I was on vacation at some friends sea-side cottage and one afternoon felt a bit bored and started browsing through their book collection and low and behold they had "Light Years", which naturally caught my attention. I started reading it, and although interested in the contents, I just couldn't get into it and put the book back in the shelf and forgot about it. A year later I was visiting there again and the book once again caught my attention. This time I read it cover to cover without putting it down once! I couldn't wait to get home to find out more about this man named "Billy Meier". When I got back I immediately got onto the Internet and found billymeier.com and of course the official FIGU website - and the rest is history! :o)

Jani Metso and Janette Poikajärvi
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2000 - 11:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was about five years ago when I heard first time about FIGU and Billy Meier, from my penpal, Janette, back then - now she's my forth coming wife. But already before that, I've always been interested about the real truth out there, behind all the numerous untruths. I think that my interest towards UFOs, "spirituality" and "paranormal phenomenas" was awaked, when I was playing with my half brother at the edge of the forest when I was about five to six years old. We noticed a golden sphere, about 2 metres in diameter, flowing behind the top of a fir tree. First, it glide from left to the right about 2-3 meters (it was quite near, about 10-20 meters from us), returned, then hovered to the right again, returned again and disappeared. Then, when I was eleven years old (that was in 1989), I was travelling with my mother, divorcee all since when I was five years old or so, and with her new husband, in Norway. I saw a dream then, one night, in which I saw a rooster that my father had back then, calling my name and then being dead, lying in its pen. When we came back to home (I lived with my father, then and he came to pick me up after the journey) I told to my father about that dream and it was indeed happened that the rooster was dead. I've seen this kind of dreams since, and they've almost without exception dealed with death and accidents. One such a dream was quite different: I saw two emergency helicopters flying over my father's house. Then next morning I was talking in the phone about it with Janette and when the call was finished I heard a noice of the helicopters outside. I guessed right, there were two emergency helicopters flying over my father's house, heading to the same direction as in my dream. I never knew what had happened then, and I'm wondered that what's the meaning of that kind of dreams - when it had nothing to do with me personally.
At one night I was going to sleep and felt a punch in the corner of my eye and saw my mother's face in my mind, for a second. I called to her next morning and asked if she had hurt herself. Yes, her husband had punched her in the corner of her eye. And again,
one night I saw a dream of someone calling me and telling that my mother is dead. It took few weeks from that and it came true.
As you can guess, all these things surprised me and I pondered them alot. I read many books and tried to find some answers. And surprise: about six years ago my uncle confused me when I was studying a bible with him - he was a member of the watch tower bible and tract society - and tried to CONVINCE me that Jehovah (called Jehova here in Finland) was the supreme and omnipotent etc. etc.. I remember my uncle saying, laughing, "...they don't believe in Jehovah, but they do believe in such
a balderdash, namely UFOs..." - boy was he wrong. I left that society behind as did Lonnie and Anthea.
Janette found out about FIGU when she was searching the internet - we did leaf through all the grazy "new age" stuff and things like that before we came across FIGU and BEAM.

Nice to share this with you.

Regards,

Jani Metso

James Roy Mizar
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2000 - 09:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was thinking about this kinda of thing and here it is.
Well as a young child I had a fasination with science this led my curiosity to what science was like for those who were not of this earth as somehow deep inside I knew we weren't alone,
As space travel developed for mankind I realised there were more ways of traveling vast distances, as I began to listen to other scientests tell of there theorys I began to thurst for more information so I went to libraries looking at and reading ufo books as it seemed fanisnating and futuristic.
So 5 years ago I found "Light Years" since then every time I went back to any library I tried to find any books on "billy" and also read books on ancient civilizations, as it seemed they had records of visitations from extrassrestrails.
Then when the internet opened up I search for information on billy and it has led me to here I enjoy the people and the conversation for the truth is what I was searching for all along!!!

Salome
James

P.s Thank you Norm!!!

a_l_v_o_n_z_o
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2000 - 04:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw some article about billy, in some ufo magazine, but as allways, I'm a skeptic.

However I'm open to a mistery which has obvious fact, like machu pichu, piramid etc.

I learn a lot of religion. Based on budhism, I can easily accept reinkarnation, and based on Islam I can some how accept the many shape of humanoid. In the Islam holy book, they say angel object to the creation of ADAM, because the previous human being only creates deaths and destruction.

It is obvious ADAM is not the ancestor of every human being on planet earth. The question then, WHO are the decendant of ADAM.

It is absolutely great to have this Figu web page, I've been receiving a lot of great response.
The thing I hope is that english text material is easier to get.

Tim Davis
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2000 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

I first heard about Billy Meier in 1979 when his story in the TV program "PM Magazine" caught my attention. I was immediately interested and curious, and while outrageous claims usually make me quickly skeptical, these, that Billy was making, agreed with me somehow. I contacted the TV station and was told of the photo journal "UFO... Contact from the Pleiades", which I found at a local bookstore. I eventually found out about Wendelle Stevens and bought the Preliminary Investigation Report which I had specially ordered with some difficulty at another local book store. I eventually ordered, from the UFO Photo Archives directly, all 4 volumes of the Contact Notes and Vol. II of the photo journal, and most recently, 4 x 6 prints of several of Billy's photos.
I have had a web page dedicated to him that I started in 1997, and it wasn't until early this year that I found out Billy had his own official sites. I told FIGU about my site and they are very kind to allow me to keep it up.
I recently bought all the English literature available from the FIGU, and will be soon sending a donation towards the printing of the Contact Blocks, which I am eager to receive.
Great work, Billy!

Tim Davis

Michael Horn
Posted on Monday, September 18, 2000 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ever since I was a very young boy I had dreams of large numbers of lights moving in the night skies and UFO's in closer proximities. For some weird reason I wanted to know the truth about God and Jesus. I say weird because I was fortunate enough to be raised in a non-religious home, primarily by my mother, whose response to my curiosity was to encourage me to find the answers for myself. Her understanding of God was simply that God was love.

I also confronted myself with questions about existence such as: what's outside of space, how far does it go, how can there be nothing, what came before the beginning and where is the universe? The unanswerable nature of these questions provoked a kind of core level terror in me. Both the dreams and questions have remained with me throughout my life.

In 1979 I saw a copy of "Contact from the Pleiades" Vol. I, in a bookstore which I immediately bought. I was also one of those who just knew that this was authentic and contained a lot of what I was looking for. The quotes, as well as the photos, held great fascination for me.

Then, in about 1986, while in a small cafe in Sedona, Arizona, I met a man named Ralph Amagram (I believe that's how it was spelled, he since changed his name to Alex Collier) who told me that he had copies of the Contact Notes back in L.A. At the time I didn't realize that the quotes in the book were from the Contact Notes. When I returned to L.A. I contacted him and he generously loaned me the approximately 1800 pages of those early translations. I read and re-read the material for hours and hours on end.

Soon after that I met Randolph Winters who was giving lectures on the Meier case. He and I had a mutual interest in the case, and in music, and he invited me to be a kind of opening act for him at various presentations. A lot of my material at that time consisted of quasi-merciless, tongue-in-cheek send-ups of sacred "New Age" topics like channeling, crystals, ET's, tofu and prunes, etc. Randy and I hit it off pretty well.

One day we decided to do a videotape on the case so within a couple of days we were in a cable TV studio producing what was to become "The Pleidian Connection". Shortly after the tape was out we got a call from Lee Elders who informed Randy that he owned the copyrights on all the pictures we used in the video. I arranged for Randy and me to fly to Phoenix to meet with Lee at the airport and work out the conflict. At that time I wasn't aware of the conflict between Billy/FIGU and Lee.
On one trip we took to Sedona to do a presentation we were accompanied by Phil McCainey, who may even recall that Randy and I saw a UFO there one evening.

Anyhow, after attending a number of Randy's lectures I noticed that there were inconsistencies between what was in the material as I understood it and what Randy was presenting. I proceeded to make a number of presentations of my own on the case in very mainstream venues.

I should note that knowing that Randy was very involved with computers, at a time when I really wasn't, I did mention to him that it would be real neat to find a way using computers to inform the whole world of Billy and his story. I guess the "way" is now called the Internet and the FIGU website and this Forum are the means.

Now, as corrections to the material are being made and published, the whole world can indeed be informed of Billy's case with current and accurate information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page