Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through September 21, 2008

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » New Ideas to help the mission improve » Archive through September 21, 2008 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Jamesm

Post Number: 91
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 05:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J-rod7 said:

Have you yet been to the website at...: http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/

And the website at...: http://www.theyfly.com/

There you will find contact notes and bulletins arranged in a "somewhat' logical order. It's not the perfect solution.

What I would like to see, SOMEWHERE, is an INDEX to the material.
A./ Index the contact notes
B./ Index the bulletins
C./ Cross-References within the material resources.

A "somewhat" logical order? Yes it is a form of logic, my logic but it can be understood by the average person and the navigation menu down the left-hand side allows you to access every single page within 2 clicks of the mouse.

The good thing is that "you" can change it, yourself, right now, this minute! Yes, please go there now and try it. You need to register and login first by the way. By "you" I am referring to all you Meier enthusiasts with some free time on your hands. Yes I used to waste my time with "mind phantasms" as well but I am proud to say that I have almost gotten over it completely. I stopped watching soap operas a long time ago in fact!

A) My website has an index to the contact notes and it is the largest public free and online collection of English-language contact notes on Earth! :D You can find it here: http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Contact_Reports

Yes that is called an index. It also has a site index from which you can get to every single page at the website. See the navigation menu.

B) Bulletins are to be found here: http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/FIGU_Bulletins and here: http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/FIGU_Special_Bulletins

C) A cross-reference can be found in two places at http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk. The first place is on every page. There are words within each article (or you might prefer to use th term page or topic) that are hyperlinked to other articles. Only a small portion of the possible number of hyperlinks have been created.

The other place is at http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Meier_Encyclopedia which consists of new articles that I have created to summarise subjects within the existing material taking information about a single subject from multiple pages on the site and sticking them in one single page e.g. A page all about the Plejaren Federation can be found here: http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Plejaren_Federation

A new website is not required. My website uses MediaWiki technology which allows everyone in the entire planet with a web browser and Internet access to contribute to the website, change it, add new articles, moderate it, just like with Wikipedia EXCEPT that I am pro-Meier, I am not a neutral (or politically-correct) moderator like on Wikipedia. Wikipedia also uses the MediaWiki technology. MediaWiki is basically the CMS technology powering the website, Google it for more info. It basically allows you to edit the website within a web browser and there is no need to install any other software at all. You also need a brain and some patience to learn how to make things bold or italic or do internal links.

Syn and everyone, please don't create a new website. Add your creativity, energy and drive to help your planet and your fellow human by improving http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk

I've protected most of the contact reports and bulletins from any further changes because they don't need improving apart from the internal hyoerlinks.

However I will unprotect them all soon. MediaWiki has a complete auditing, version-tracking and version restore system anyway.

If you are egging to help (I'm very skeptical anyone will help but thats your problem not mine:-), a good place to start is to expand the http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Meier_Encyclopedia

To do this:

1) Register if you haven't and then login of course
2) Pick a contact report or bulletin, read through it, digest the information it has imparted to you, then select a topic within that contact report or bulletin that you want to summarise within the Meier Encyclopedia. e.g. the subject of "music" from Contact Report 230.

3) Then create a new topic in the Meier Encylopedia under the correct letter e.g. "M" is for "Music" and write and copy/paste the info in and save it.

The alternative is to go through existing contact reports and bulletins and create internal hyperlinks by surrounding keywords with [[ and ]].

Have fun and cheers

James
James G. T. Moore
Webmaster www.futureofmankind.co.uk

Behzad

Post Number: 51
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 09:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jamesm,

thank you for your work. but its like some numbers in Bulletins are missed right?..and if yes how can any body can find them?
Salome Friends

Markc

Post Number: 684
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 09:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi James ;

I don't think I've mentioned before that I really like your website . Thanks for creating it , and I agree , it's a great database for the material .

Salome , Mark
Mark Campbell

Phenix

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 03:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi James,

In my search for understanding and, most importantly for the time being, of a general view of the Meier Material 'Futureofmankind' is indeed the place where i found the most structure and a plain and good historical perspective of the Experience - except FIGU site itself and 'theyfly' for current events.
And as long as i won't be able to read the original German texts, i will definitely stick to 'futureofmankind'.

Thanks for the great and magnanimous work!

Salome.

Jamesm

Post Number: 92
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 04:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

@Behzad: I have all the bulletins that have been translated into English on my site. For any others you can read the German version at www.figu.org/ch (use the Google translator if you cant read German). If people translate the other bulletins then they also can be added to the site. Am I missing something?

@Markc and Phenix: Thanks but it still needs a great deal of improvement. I hope that within a year it will be "completed".
James G. T. Moore

James

Post Number: 81
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 07:06 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jamesm, what about using a .org domain instead of .co.uk? It was actually registered in 2006 by someone else but I would put some money towards buying it off its owner for you. If he wants too much maybe we can come up with another .org domain.

The website is great by the way.
Welcome to Earth!

Behzad

Post Number: 52
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 06:59 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jamesm,

Thank again for your great work. its really very useful in English language. actually I got a copy of the most Billy,s materials from your website and very glade to hear that it would be completed soon.

No I didnt mean that you missed some contact texts , but only I asked about some missing Numbers , that you explained already.

Blessing friend
Salome Friends

J_rod7

Post Number: 282
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 03:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello JamesM, Greetings to All In Peace,

Jamesm, You truly have done a terrific job with your website.

I have also been to the website at: http://www.geocities.com/maurice_osborn/Reports.htm
which Robjna suggested. There is, indeed, an excellent INDEX to the Contact notes, Appendix-1. I do not see any copyright problems if you were to condense and post this Contact INDEX onto your site. This would add value and increase utility.

PS, I never watch soap-operas myself. Spend too much time running back and forth to the Veterans Hospital for Cardiology, Labs, Oncology, Labs, Cancer Surgery, Labs, Chemotherapy, Labs, more Labs, MRI's, EKG's, more Labs, etc. etc. over and over and over, 140-miles each round-trip. Get the picture?

So, my time on this Forum is very precious time, and well spent for me. Thank you for ALL YOUR efforts.

Salome
Someone Shared Their LOVE Today. Was It YOU?
J_rod7

Jamesm

Post Number: 93
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 03:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey that website by Maurice looks very interesting and useful. I will surely incorporate this into http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk.

Thank you for suggesting this....doctor.... :D
James G. T. Moore

J_rod7

Post Number: 293
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 03:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Badr and Scott,

There is a need for a Capability to post Words and Phrases in the German Language. This may be done by expanding the FONT and/or adding the German Language with the English.

Here are examples of MANGLED German, due to symbol substitution, which is virtually undecipherable::...

Danke schön für die nützliche Auslegung - ich kenne nicht viel von der Technik, aber Übung macht den Meister, nicht wahr?

Erklärungen, darüber, Grüße...

As may be seen here, the Essence is lost where unknown Symbols are substituted. This is capable of Solution here in the Forum FONT selection, as to RETAIN 'foreign' Words in their original Format.
{Every Solution has a Problem}.

And, to add, you guys are doing a good job, and veery much appreciated.

Salome
Segnen Sie dieses Haus im Friedens
J_rod7

Syn

Post Number: 77
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes this can be easily fixed but as i recall this forum structure was somewhat bought and/or precoded..Chances are that figu members will not be able to or willing to damage/change the figu code.

I also am willling to help since i do have background experience in PHP/Perl And a little in ASPX. But as i snoticed an error before and the cgi as the extension this code is currently running in Perl.

Ofcourse free of charge
They must find it difficult...Those who have taken authority as the truth, rather then the truth as the authority

-Gerald Massey

J_rod7

Post Number: 296
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 02:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Syn, and to All - Salome,

Yes, your generous offer to assist should be appreciated.

Badr or Scott,
Would you please consider Syn's offer? Or you may already have someone there who can do this? As mentioned before, there IS a need for FONT capability for the Symbols of the German Language.

I am also very familiar with programming. I am experienced with ALL the encoding structures. These include:
Binary, Octal, Hexadecimal, and varieties of their Alpha-Numeric equivalents, as for PDP-8, DEC-10 and IBM-360/370 computers; higher-level Programming Languages as: Basic, AHPL, WatFor, Fortran, HTML, and C++; with Flowcharting experience.

However, no familiarity with PHP/PERL.

Syn,
I think you would have to make such changes directly at the FIGU Server, unless you have access to the source-code.

Salome
J_rod7

James

Post Number: 82
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 07:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps we're running an outdated version http://support.discusware.com/forum/messages/7/24422.html?1101483603
Welcome to Earth!

Scott

Post Number: 1529
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 08:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys,

I contacted one of the moderators about this. I will post the response

Scott

Indi

Post Number: 239
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 08:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have noticed that if the 'view' you have for 'character encoding' is set appropriately, then the german punctuation does show correctly on the forum.
Eg., when set to 'Unicode' it looks correct.
I would suggest people play around with this character encoding to find the one that suits the page they are reading. There are many choices in Windows -- and I would presume also in Mac operating systems.

eg., 'Gemüt' will show up as in Rods example if set in a different character encoding.
To get the German font, all one has to do is get it from the Windows display options, and add them to your toolbar for easy access.

In case it is different in different browsers, the one I am using is Mozilla, and it is found under 'View - character encoding'

So, if 'Gemüt' does not show the umlaut here, then try a few of the different views suggested above

Robjna

Phenix

Post Number: 41
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 12:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello there - beste Empfehlung, J_rod7,

The possibility to quote the German Original Text without distortion or missing letters would certainly help the understanding of the Teaching.
Besides, as a beginner in the study of German, it particularly motives me to do my homework(pay heed to dictionaries!) in order to grasp the meaning of such quotations or of the short german sentences from Kamerad J_rod7.

Viel Erfolg!

Salome.

Phenix

Post Number: 42
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 01:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Kamerad Indi; ich werde es probieren.

Kamerad Jamesm,
I do have a request:
i recently joined the Forum of 'Project Avalon', and one has the possibility to place websites URL there.
May i place 'Futureofmankind' there?

Ich freue mich Uber deine Antwort.

Salome.

J_rod7

Post Number: 297
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Robjna, Phenix, and All,

Robjna,
YES, yes, oh yes... Danke. am running OS X Leopard v. 10.5.5 on a Macbook Pro. The Safari program DOES have the View>Text Encoding>Unicode (UTF-8), have enabled this, and IT WORKS. Thank you - thank you.
Will see if this will cover all contingencies of the language requirements.

Here is but one failed example: Grü�e, which was made worse by the Unicode changeover. So, this will solve SOME, but not ALL, of this problem.

Everyone should be able to make this change.
But does everyone read this section?.?.!

And you are correct about the Windows language capabilities. I am still also running an older Windows machine on which I had imported and installed all of some 20-different language interfaces. My Wife uses that old machine most of the time now.

Phenix, & Für alle, Ein kleines Gedicht:...

Durch die Sterne kommt nachts, Spezieller Kurierflug.
Sie haben Wissen der Kreation mit ihnen,
Frieden, Liebe und Hoffnung,
Zu ihren Brüdern und zu ihren Schwestern.
Wo wir auf Erde bleiben.

Salome
J_rod7

Indi

Post Number: 240
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 07:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rod,
It is my understanding that the gothic form of 'ss' that is only used in certain circumstances now, is not used in Switzerland -- and if you replace it with the 'ss' for the sake of the page reading correctly, that would be only a small sacrifice.

Re the various different encodings -- there may be other ones other than unicode that work for German punctuation -- just test them and see.

Robjna

Phenix

Post Number: 43
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 03:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beste Empfehlung, J_rod7,

I used the methode indicated by Kamerad Robjna, but it didn't work.
It might be due to the settings of my computer; i will keep on trying.

Vielen Dank für das Gedicht; es ist tief und sehr schön, ich habe davon genossen.

Durch die Sterne kommt nachts, Spezieller Kurierflug.
Sie haben Wissen der Kreation mit ihnen,
Frieden, Liebe und Hoffnung,
Zu ihren Brüdern und zu ihren Schwestern.
Wo wir auf Erde bleiben.

Meine Übersetzung(wörtlich):

Through the stars comes, in the night, a special Courierflight.
They carry Knowledge of Creation with them,
Peace, Love and Hope,
To their Brothers and to their Sisters.
Where we stay on Earth.

(I was tempted to translate 'Wo wir auf Erde bleiben.' with 'Wherever we stay on Earth'.)

Was findest du?

Salome.

Scott

Post Number: 1531
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 06:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys,

I contacted one of the administrators regarding the German Font problem. It seems the software for this forum does not by default support utf-8. For the time being I think as Robjna mentioned adjusting our individual browsers will have to suffice.

Scott

Jamesm

Post Number: 95
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure Phenix. Link to futureofmankind anywhere you like.

Regards
James G. T. Moore

J_rod7

Post Number: 299
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Salome Phenix, Grüße in Frieden

You ask: "Was findest du?"

Dieses Gedicht kommt von meiner Inspiration. Mein ursprünglicher Aufbau.

'Wo wir auf Erde bleiben.'
Is correct to say: "Where We stay on Earth." Also: "Where We still live on Earth," would express the intent.

I had wanted to add also: "As We are the Offspring of their ForeFathers." But this would have made the Gedicht much too ungainly and awkward.

Ihre Übersetzung ist sehr gut erfolgt.

Wachsen Sie angesichts der Wahrheit.

Salome
J_rod7

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page