Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through February 22, 2009

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Learning German » Archive through February 22, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Badr

Post Number: 250
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 02:37 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rod,

For that you will need to contact FIGU and inform them that you would like to start the spirit lessons, you can contact them through this page
http://www.figu.org/ch/verein/kontakt

Although the above page is in German someone will respond in English if you write in English. It should be easy to translate what the fields are, to fill them out correctly.

Additionally you can contact me through email for further details if needed until FIGU responds. You can find my email in moderator contacts if you go to the Help page on the forum.

Salome, Badr

J_rod7

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 03:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Badr,

Thank you for the direction to the contact website. I hope that I put all the correct information required in the fields. It seemed fairly straightforward as to what was wanted. And I have let them know that I will be receiving a translator program, and that I wished to enroll in the spirit lessons. If I get a response, then everything is correct. Thank you.

Salome
Let Our LOVE show in all actions,
J_rod7

Indi

Post Number: 127
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 12:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rod I have posted an answer in the membership topic in Figu related.

Robjna

J_rod7

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2007 - 01:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello All,

Just wanted anyone interested, the RosettaStone software program ( to learn to speak and read the High-German ) is now available at 10-percent discount from regular price.

In Peace
Let Our LOVE show in all actions,
J_rod7

Andrew

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 03:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hallo to all,

itīs amazing to know how many people want to learn German. I have understood how important it is conserning the FIGU teachings as well.

Herto Iīd like to mention a certain principle, that is necessary to effective learnig and understanding any language in general: the whole grammar at first and then reading, reading, reading. Thatīs all and thatīs the best way. Grammatical structure has to be plant into oneīs consciousness by the help of drilling exercises. Thatīs the base. Herat is very important the fact, that grammar has to be learned aggressively, promptly and quasi all at once.

Bye-bye.
Andrew

Mehraein62

Post Number: 106
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 01:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thomas,
if i,m not wrong , you mentioned already that you use some means , sources for getting use of the Figu German texts right?

I wonder if you introduce some to me?
thanks
Wish You Luck

Pledja

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For anyone interested heres a good site

http://learngerman.elanguageschool.net/

Pledja

Adityasonakia

Post Number: 178
Posted on Monday, March 24, 2008 - 09:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> [" Dear Pledja,

Thanks for the link."

Salome Aditya"

> ]

Pledja

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 02:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Adityasonakia

Theres also a Translating dictionairy online which you can very much if you have patient use to understand the german site and also aid your learning of the german language.

http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/

Pledja

Adityasonakia

Post Number: 182
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 03:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> ["Dear Pledja,

Thanks very much again. :-)

Salome Aditya"

> ]

The_original_dave

Post Number: 223
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Badr,

This summer I will start taking german classes, But I am not sure what german to learn. Over the last couple of months I have learned that there is a huge difference between, 'High' German and Swiss German. I know that Swiss German is spoken at the center, since it is in Zurich, but in what German does Billy write his books in? Or is 'High' German and Swiss German written the same?

Salome
David

Corey

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 07:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the_original_dave,

(I'm not Badr) but I noticed your question, and good for you on the classes btw. All the FIGU materials I have ever ordered have been in written in Hochdeutsch (High German), and this is the "standard" or "national" German dialect although most German speaking people congruently learn Hochdeustch after or alongside their own dialect in childhood like a Swiss would learn Swiss German. As you go further in your German learning you may also notice a few differences (like the word Saturday for instance) spoken in more northern or southern Germany however do not let that intimidate you, Billy's writing is very understandable and you will understand what he means, keep learning Hochdeutsch you will do the right thing.

and FIGU once sent me an email where I asked the same question some time ago and they told me if I learned "regular" German and I would do the right thing and by "regular" I can tell you she meant Hochdeutsch.

Corey
Das innere des menschen ist der Boden, die Welt ist das Samenkorn.

Badr

Post Number: 347
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dave,

What Corey mentioned is correct, but to add something. Swiss German is really only used as a spoken language or dialect rather than written. In Switzerland documents/books written and schools are taught in Hochdeutsch only.

But in general Swiss German is spoken.

Salome, Badr

Aletha

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 02:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know if anyone already knows this (you probably already do), but pimsleur has swiss german available. Only the audio is available.

I've purchased this as well as Pimsleur German I, II & III.

However, I've done something slightly different.

Everyone knows in this forum that the Plejarens learn a new language very quickly through techniques such as self-hypnosis.

Has any heard of brain-entrainment? These are audio recordings of binaural or Isochronic sound waves that synchronise and induce the brain into different states: Beta, Alpha, Theta & Delta (Beta state is when you are fully awake and alert & delta state is when you are completely unconscious).

Scientific studies and theses have indicated that when the brain is in the Theta state, it is able to take in and contain vastly more information than in the Beta state.

Now all these brain entrainment programs have just popped up all over the place! The most famous one is Holosync. only problem is that it contains subliminal messages for "positive thinking" of which I'm not comfortable with.

however, I've found a company called Immrama Institute that offers a brain entrainment CD without any subliminals. The Cd covers the alpha, theta and delta states.

So what I've done is layered the pimsleur swiss german audio with the Immrama brain entrainment CD.

I'm still looking around for a brain entrainment CD with no subliminals that induces the brain only into the alpha & theta states.

Hope this helps. If anyone disagrees or has any comments, please speak your mind, as I am willing to hear all opinions and comments.

Peace and Blessings to All,

Maxine

Markv

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 03:36 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are a few tips that I discovered (pretty much accidentally) which may help w/ learning the language.

I would 1st recommend taking a German 1 (at least) and German 2 class(es) (Junior/Community colleges are just fine for this purpose). This is important IMO for understanding proper pronunciation, genders of nouns (which are particularly tricky for those of us whose 1st language is English, which has no nouns w/ a gender), sentence construction, the nature of irregular nouns & verbs, and learning the different "cases" (dealing w/ direct/indirect objects, possessive case, etc.).

DON'T be shy to ask the instructor(s) for clarification of anything that you don't really "get"; they often seem to have a passion for the language and won't mind answering any questions that you have. If you speak up in the middle of class, you'll often notice that other people (who ARE shy) will feel more comfortable asking their questions which results in a more productive learning experience for the whole class. (lol, it can also help to break up any feelings of boredom which conflict w/ learning!)

You may want to even take German 1 TWICE before moving on to German 2; it's tricky for a lot of people to get the hang of it at first, but after a few months everything seems to "click" in one's mind much better (I had trouble for the 1st semester of my high school course).

Also, try to find a German band/songs that you like (I've particularly enjoyed Rammstein for a long time). Print out the band's lyrics and get English translations. Then, while listening to the music read the German and translated lyrics along w/ the songs, and eventually you'll memorize both. This is especially helpful for remembering vocabulary and genders of nouns (remember to reverse the various "cases" in some instances though). Often it even helps to remember entire phrases, but also realize that sentence structure in the songs may have been "played with" sometimes by the band in order to poetically convey certain thoughts (and to fit w/ the music better sometimes too). This has been extremely helpful for memorization for me, and many studies have shown that rhythyms (sp?) help to memorize things (such as alphabets, etc.).

After classes, continual use of language learning software is wonderful for reviewing what you've learned.

Of course it will be difficult for a bit, but eventually it WILL "click". So keep trying, don't give up because it IS normal for one to feel "lost" for a while in the beginning.

After having progressed quite a bit myself, I know exactly what "Billy" and the Plejaren meant when they said that German is the best language for conveying thoughts; it has a beautiful ambiguity at times, by which I mean that often a sentence can convey more than 1 "idea" or "thought" which is more apparent by observing the synonyms for the English translation of the words.

I hope this helps! If I think of something else, I'll add more later.

Tam2105

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 09:46 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the tips - I find them motivating and helfpul. I'm going to look into my local comm college for beginner classes.

Corey

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 02:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.amazon.com/German-Verbs-101-Learn-Your/dp/1591258235/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219700356&sr=8-1

once in awhile you will run across some of these verbs in Billy's books...

mit besten Grïŋ―ssen

Corey
harmonisches Funktionieren zu lernen

Phenix

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 07:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello there,

Those willing to learn German should take a look at:
www.byki.com

It works and it is...free!

Salome!

Indi

Post Number: 273
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 01:05 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Tien
Re your post #20 in the German books and booklets section:

If you use the search engine with the words 'Learn German' you will find quite a few posts on this topic. Also, this section here has info in it that might be of use to you and it goes back to 2006.

Robjna

Rarena

Post Number: 356
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Tien,

Re post #20 in German Books and Booklets section:The German books are best read in German since the meanings of English words are often the opposite of what meaning is being imparted but we all need some help from time to time. Also many words are very old and not in many dictionaries...

Having learned German in high school in the late 60's and since it has been many years since I've heard my great grandmother and grandmother speaking German to one another... a couple of good dictionaries and some high technology which will be explained soon were in order.

Etaco.com is selling these dictionary devices (mini computers) in Germany via the web and are a little better (and more expensive) than the Franklins... I have used both...

I use PROMT ($300) software available at Ectaco.com and have tried Systran ($800) which is not as good in one respect (the translations need to be tweeked) and the software is evasive in action (bothersome and encumbering to other programs).

Kuneo, a gentleman from Japan FIGU was using one of these ECTACO mini computers @ SSSC and he had about three of them there... He used these to convert most of the contact notes I understand, from German to Japanese... I find the software provides definitions that are very close to the actual meaning, in German and it is easy to program and change the dictionary for spiritual terminolgy...

Travel Dictionary

The one that ended in 2000 was the nicest and easiest to reprogram for correct translation.

The PROMT software is more complex, harder to learn and it requires a laptop to run on. The company will only allow the PROMT software on one desktop and one laptop for the $300.

There are pirated versions available I understand, but I would not recommend those for obvious reasons.

Yoid

Post Number: 9
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 02:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So I don't need to learn german but it is enough to translate the meaning of each words to have the same result?

It would last long when I will be able to know german in the level the book is require , but I have e-translators so I'm able to know the meaning of some words. Beside I have the biggest dictionary in my language(not english) and I'm not always able to find the world.

Is it necessary to learn german or it is enough to read of course the german text and in the meantime translate it into mine language by e-transaltors?

Markcampbell

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 08:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lieber alles diskussionsforumfreunden ;

Perhaps there is a better area for this, but Billy is interviewed by Simone Rickauer at 11:40 into the segment which is 22:02 minutes long .

I noticed that he speaks a bit more deliberately than the others , thus easier for me to follow .
His interview follows Hans-Georg Lanzendorfer and Stepan Rickauer w/ Simone .

They discuss the book " Kelch die Warheit " .

Salome , Mark

Norm

Post Number: 1247
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 07:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mark, Interviewed where?
My Website

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page