Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through March 04, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Meditation » Archive through March 04, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Sitkaa

Post Number: 120
Posted on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I had tried to meditate but could not concentrate for more than 5-7 minutes. As a result I try for 3-4 days, loose interest then start trying again somedays later."

There are stepping stones to meditation - not meditation per se, but they develop one's understanding of meditation, and with that, interest in it. These include any of the arts which develop a focus of the mind. Walks in the park can be a practice, being aware of simpler perspectives such as found in the wild helps one to see the inner in the outer. Devotional singing helps, as long as the devotion is in alignment with the truest concept of reality one knows. Hatha yoga and some martial arts help one's mind to stay focused on bodily awareness. Self-discipline helps, perhaps practiced as right eating habits. And learning helps: being open to new ideas, or re-assessing the ideas you already had. All of these will make meditation easier, if that is what you wish to do.
Love is always the way

Smukhuti

Post Number: 140
Posted on Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sitkaa, I'll keep your advise in mind.

Salome

Davidmg

Post Number: 21
Posted on Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sitkaa

I'm sure there are many people whom find it difficult to concentrate, myself included. For myself, if at anytime during my week I happen to come across or find where that I have no expectations from anyone or anything, that will be the time for me to meditate. If there is anything that you feel that wants to pull you away from meditation for example... like a having to be somewhere or, expecting a phone call can be a hinderance towards relaxation and focus.

Given the world and the surrounding we live in today, it is no wonder why there are so many people who cannot find the time for themselves. Even for devoting the time to achieve nothing ( emptiness or state of being ).

Try doing these concentration exercises for while and see how that goes for you. All the best for you.

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Concentration_Exercises

Davidmg

Sitkaa

Post Number: 123
Posted on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 01:15 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love meditation, but don't do it often enough. I have to be both reaching for the ground, and reaching for the heavens. I love meditation for the senses of self that are more fluid, for the subtleties of feeling, for the self-honesty I find within my core, for the perspectives that allow love to be whatever it is.

Anxiety over expectations arises from concerns, worries, fears, the most fundamental of which is the fear of some kind of ceasure of existence, whether it has been death, or position. It is actually the most natural thing to do to relinquish this concern/worry/fear. Develop trust in the altruism of elseness. Understanding creational universal laws really helps with the philosophical deep-structure of one's worldview, for example I am learning how to apply analogy and reciprocity.
Love is always the way

Corey

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is an affirmation to say when learning to meditate it has an explanation of all three parts meanings on page 88 of Die Arte zu Leben: "{{ Ich bringe mein Bewusstsein heim -ich lasse los von allem - ich entspanne mich }}".

Here is another spirit prayer I haven't seen this one too much on the forums. I say it when I say the other two from Einführung, it's from page 21 of the pamphlet Philosophie des Lebens:

1) Mein Geist, der du allwissend, allkönnend, allweise, allwahrheitlich un all-leibend in mir bist, deine Name sei geheiligt.
2) Deine allmacht breite sich aus in mir zur Bewusstheit meiner Gedanken, so ich die mir gegebenen und ersammelten Wissen, Kräfte, Weisheiten, Wahrheiten und die Liebe in Universellen, den Frieden und die Freiheit in bewusstem Können zur Nutzung, Entfaltung und zur Anwendung bringe.
3) Deine Allmacht werde zur bewussten Bestimmtheit in mir, in meinem Körper und in allen geistigen Bereichen.
4) Lasse deine Allmacht täglich in mir wirksam sein und sich entfalten und nähre mein Unwissen mit Wissen und Weisheit,
5) wodurch ich die begangenen Fehler zu erkennen und zu beheben vermag, die mich auf dem Weg meiner Entwicklung befallen.
6) Lasse mich nicht durch materielle und weltliche Dinge und falsche Denkweisen irre Wege gehen und durch Irrlehren in Glaubensabhängigkeit verfallen;
7) denn deine Allmacht soll bewusst in mir sein, die Kraft deines Könnens und des Wissens im Absolutum für die Dauer aller Zeiten.

and here is a link to a translated article 9 pages long from a recent bulletin: http://www.figu.org/ch/verein/periodika/bulletin/2009/nr-69/i-always-remain-relaxed

Salome,
Corey

Getknowledge

Post Number: 98
Posted on Monday, January 04, 2010 - 07:36 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peace Meditation Schedule

Each Peace Meditation session lasts 20 minutes and takes place on the first and the third weekends of the month (target day is always the first Saturday of the month).

On Saturdays at 6:30 pm and 8:00 pm Central European Standard Time (respectively at 9:30 am and 11 am Pacific Standard Time, for instance) and at 7:30 pm and 9:00 pm Central European Summer Time (or at 11 am Pacific Standard Time, respectively)

On Sundays at 8:00 pm Central European Standard Time and at 9 pm Summer Time (or 11:00 am and noon Pacific Standard Time, respectively).
http://theyfly.com/salome/salome.htm

Note about Saturday schedule above: If Central European Standard Time = Winter Time and if Central European Summer Time = Summer time for Europe and if Pacific Standard Time = USA Summer Time and Daylight Savings Time = USA Winter Time. Shouldnt that say in parenthesis above "Daylight Savings Time" for Central European Standard Time instead of "Pacific Standard Time"? Pacific Standard Time is listed in parenthesis for both CEStandardT and CESsummerT. Or do i have it backwards?

The timezone terminologies can be confusing...it would be less confusing if there was also a chart. Can someone please confirm if i converted the times correct for USA Ohio(below)? If i understand correct the PM is done once on Sunday?

Saturday

Zuric Winter Time 6:30 pm and 8 pm = USA Ohio Winter Time 12:30 pm and 2 pm
Zurich Summer Time 7:30 pm and 9 pm = USA Ohio Summer Time 1:30 pm and 3 pm

Sunday

Zuric Winter Winter 8 pm = USA Ohio Winter Time 2 pm
Zuric Summer Time 9 pm = USA Ohio Summer Time 3 pm

This past weekend was my first attempt to do the PM on schedule. As i am getting into meditation for myself also more so that before.

Thank you very much.

(Message edited by badr on January 04, 2010)
Tien

Davidmg

Post Number: 22
Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 10:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tein

would this help

http://ca.figu.org/Peace_Meditation_CF9K.html

Getknowledge

Post Number: 99
Posted on Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Davidmg,

Good, my times convert.

i understand that the PM is done at a specific point in time during each month, not necessarily according to our world clock so we have to adjust our schedule a hour back or forward depending on winter/summer time.

According to the chart, the PM is done twice on Sunday as well. i did not get that from this sentence with no other description -

"on Sundays at 8:00 pm Central European Standard Time and at 9:00 pm Summer Time (or 11:00 am Pacific Standard Time and noon Pacific Daylight Time, respectively)

Thanks again Peace.

(Message edited by badr on January 06, 2010)
Tien

Sitkaa

Post Number: 153
Posted on Friday, January 29, 2010 - 07:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This comment carries over the considerations of the concepts 'love' and 'truth' from the 'Improving the Mission' thread.

I don't know much about truth, really. I know that I used to ask myself which was more important, love or truth? And eventually, I found the concept of love at base of my perception of truth. So I went with love. Truth is still rather important to me, but I don't follow it as closely as I could. Were I to do so, no doubt I would even more flabbergasted at the behavior of mankind today. But you know how it is... when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

And I gotta tell ya, I absolutely loved Italy! So vivacious!

Sitkaa,

This topic is about Meditation, why not post your ideas in the Misc section under The Spiritual Teaching?

Scott

(Message edited by scott on January 29, 2010)
Love is always the way

Bassil

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 04:46 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all,

Is there another Peace Meditation schedule for Asian people? I am from China. If I want to join the Peace Meditation, I have to follow the schedule which is post on http://us.figu.org/portal/SpiritualTeaching/PeaceMeditation/tabid/94/Default.aspx

on Saturdays at 6:30 and 8:00 pm Central European Standard Time (respectively at 9:30 and 11 am Pacific Standard Time, for instance) and at
on Sundays at 8:00 pm Central European Standard Time and at 9:00 pm Summer Time (or 11:00 am Pacific Standard Time and noon Pacific Daylight Time, respectively)

Translating it into China standard time (GMT+8) or Beijing time (GMT+8), it should be
On Sundays at 1:30 to 3:00 AM
On Monday at 3:00 AM
in my local time are all in midnight. I have to go to sleep that time. It is impossible for me to follow this schedule for long time since I have day time work to do.

So is there another arrangement? If answer is no, do you know any reason behind that? Is it because Asia is peaceful enough so that we do not need it?

Thanks

Thomas

Post Number: 802
Posted on Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The peace meditation is held at the same time on all of the Earth and as we= ll at the same exact time by the ETs on their participating planets, though= they are far away.
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Humanbeing

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 11:37 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Bassil glad to know you are from asia like me from the Philippines,I'm not alone from my country, more and more filipinos are finding Billy's teaching, we can join the peace meditation as long as you have free time but best if we can schedule, it is done for the benefit of entire earth humans not only for specific country. salome.....

Corey

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Bassil: the peace meditation is only four times a month, so surely you can find the time even if it is in non-corresponding hours. If not then you could surely find the time to meditate on the specific first saturday of the month- which is known as target day probably for that reason. Keep in touch.

Salome,
Corey

Thomas

Post Number: 842
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 09:20 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

An idea from Die Art zu Leben to meditate on:

True love has no wishes, but only the need to come true.

I will just leave that to sink in. It is so simple and so profound if you really think it through. It is such a beautiful thought in its simplicity and its reach.

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 106
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 02:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas,
Yes I agree. Not to get to picky "but" I see no need for the word "but" being in there.

True love has no wishes
Only the need
To come true.

Peace John

Thomas

Post Number: 845
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 09:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tell BEAM, he wrote it :-)

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 107
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 03:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He wrote the german who translated it?

Thomas

Post Number: 848
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The "but" is in the german version as well so the point you appear to be chasing is moot :-)

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 108
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 01:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas,
I really do not read, write or speak high german so I would not recognize the german word for but. I do not have access to the german version to compare. I'm sorry it just seemed out of place and it was just mean't as a suggestion.
I tend to meditate on love and what thoughts spring to mind when thinking of the ones I "love".
In my younger days I mistook desire and attraction for love and jealousy/demand did rage in me. Now after much inner suffering, learning via pain, I have a better understanding of true love. So when Billy's writings entered my life everthing seemed to make more sense to me and my understanding of love grew clearer. My life is definately a work in progress. I do enjoy your input on this forum and thank you.
Peace John

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 02:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas,

Let's nail this one down.

"An idea from Die Art zu Leben to meditate on:

True love has no wishes, but only the need to come true."

Can we please have the original German? And everybody else, too, please try to remember to include the original German - what BEAM ACTUALLY wrote - instead of the from-gawd-knows-where translation. (This was once a good forum rule.) Thanks! :-)

Cheers!
Dyson

Thomas

Post Number: 851
Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dyson, if this were aimed at being a translation then I would have already referred to the exact placement but it is not. I do not remember exactly where in the book I found it but if I run across it I will post the original sentence. There is no need to nail this down anyway since the purpose of the post was to propose an idea to meditate on and not to present a translation since I am no expert in german. I make these posts to share ideas, not to give out the contents of the books since the moderators never answered my question about what the limits of these types of posts are. I am comfortable sharing on a private basis but I understand the Jacob (moderator) was reeled in for posting too much information here on the forum. I want to share as much as possible without ruffling any feathers.

---------
Sorry Thomas for not responding. We will discuss it and get back to you.

Robyn

(Message edited by indi on March 03, 2010)

Sitkaa

Post Number: 210
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"An idea from Die Art zu Leben to meditate on:
True love has no wishes, but only the need to come true."

If love allows and fulfills, then what is its intention? Only to give what is needed, to fulfill, to allow truth to be true. In this way, love is always true.
Love is always the way

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1029
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 02:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, Thomas, no worries.

I understand your situation, it's just that I'm acutely sensitive to translations of the coded teachings (as opposed to the Contact Notes) and how easy it is to unwittingly convey the wrong idea simply due to one single poor hyponym or comma.

As I mentioned, there is a strong school of thought (not MINE!) in FIGU that it is actually wrong to try to translate anything in Billy's books into English and this material should only be absorbed in German. But of course Billy tells us that providing "correct!" translations is the "best" way to help the mission.

Maybe it's that word "correct" which is the stumbling block?

Even an interpretation like: love's intention is to only give what is needed - would spark debate, which is also, in and of itself, not a bad thing. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that we must all never lose sight of the fact that these words of wisdom are just that, and NOT dogma.

Cheers!
Dyson

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page