Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through May 06, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Thinking And Thoughts » Archive through May 06, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Smukhuti

Post Number: 339
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 07:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Bianca,

Indeed, spirit cannot be personified.
Will is consciousness dependant, i.e. for example teleportation, telekinesis etc. cannot be exercised at will (otherwise they are called psychoteleportation, psychotelekinesis etc.) unless the consciousness is developed above a certain level.
Can you give the context please?
Salome.
Suv

Bianca

Post Number: 75
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 03:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was thinking in general terms. But lets say somebody has a weak will power and cannot stop eating knowing full well the consequences staring one in the mirror. Or if I think of... wanting to change ingrained negative behaviour from life long deep seated negative thoughts in general. I know that one can change the thinking and meditation + affirmation help but how does the will power play its part? what is will power? So, if i understand your explanation... meaning that the consciousness must be developed to a certain level to be able to do the above, and although i cannot do them, i can strengthen my will power... but how? how do i develop it?
b.

Borthwey

Post Number: 173
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 06:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weakening the will power can also be beneficial. For example, weakening one's will to eat excessively.

David
I am a terrestrial

Cpl

Post Number: 517
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 09:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Bianca and Borthwey,

The following comments re will power are my own and those of hand analysts and so are not from Billy or Figu.

First, generally a weakening of will power is, I think you'll find, more likely to result in increased eating rather than proper eating, or little eating. People with little will power tend to eat for taste and are swept along by their gastronomical sensual side. A degree of will power is necessary for discipline, which in turn is necessary to control ones diet. It's not that your statement cannot be correct, Bothwey, but I think you'll find more weak-willed people are fairly overweight than healthy weight or under weight. This might be due to societal influences from diverse angles effectively if not directly saying, "Buy me. Eat me." The person with little will tends to succumb.

Your question of how to develop will power is a very good one, Bianca. Perhaps someone is aware of what Billy has said on this subject and can contribute. I imagine he must have said something. Until then:

In the subject of Hand Analysis it is said to generally be very difficult to develop considerable will power if there is initially very little. There is a certain section of the brain which relates to will power and if this is limited in size or development then there is said -- medically -- that nothing can be done about it. This is when the lack of will power is severe, and such people are said to be capable of only simple work and need others around them to guide them and keep up there activities. So one way of increasing will power is to associate with those who have will power so as to develop from their influence.

My guess is that concentration and discipline will help -- so meditation in all its many forms -- in order to further develop the mind. I imagine progress will be gradual.

In Hand Analysis the will is shown by the size and length of the first phalanx of the thumb. A nerve connects the will part of the brain to this area. When this upper phalanx is very short compared with the lower phalanx connected to the palm the will is said to be very undeveloped and these people need helping throughout life. I saw this once on the hand of a young child that the hospital said had untreatable brain deficit. At three years of age the child still could not walk or say anything. Such people are also very late developers and sometimes cannot walk or talk for some years after birth; where there is no will, there is no desire to do anything so they do not act a lot from volition. The very short size of the thumb phalanx cannot be changed after maturity, and only with very great difficulty in youth. Perhaps radical genetic engineering might overcome the problem, but our science isn't at this level yet.

I'm sure Billy must have said something regarding less severe cases, or people in general, and the degree to which will power can be developed. My guess is it will be in one or more of the German texts.
Chris

Use to the full both your heart and your head; and never lose either.

Thomas

Post Number: 925
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hand analysis is bunk! no offense but it is true...
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 520
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 03:05 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bianca

It is important to understand Billy’s distinction between "will" and "concentration". He explains it quite well in Lehrbriefe 13, but the information is also found in Einführung in die Meditation, pages 52-55, and in Macht der Gedanken, pages 92-95. Will is intent. In the example you gave of changing a habit, will is the decision to change the habit. It is your intent to change. But concentration is needed with the will to bring that to fruition. “Stubbornness” is often mistaken for will, and when it is applied in such a fashion to try and change a bad habit, a form of internal conflict inevitably arises within and becomes counterproductive. But when will is applied in the form of clearly defined life intent and purpose and is coupled with concentration, then the desired change is more accessible because you are shifting your focus away from habit based thoughts of the old behaviour and onto new thought patterns of your intent. That’s not to say that it is snap-of-the-fingers easy, because of course everything can not always succeed right away. The truth is that true strength can be developed only by effort and practice (p94, Macht der Gedanken). The pure creative strength inside, strength of mind, reason and the strength of consciousness, facilitate wishes to come true and not willpower. The will serves solely to settle a decision this or that is to be done.

Regards
Bob

Borthwey

Post Number: 175
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 04:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My comment was indeed not very correct since people who eat excessively do so not because they really want to, but because they are overcome, or swept along by the gastronomical sensual side as Chris puts it.

I was however, highlighting the fact that no one is pointing a gun at their heads to force them to eat. Even if someone was pointing a gun to their heads, it would still be a choice of theirs, whether to eat or not. Those who do indulge in over-eating, do so because they are getting something from it so, they are choosing it. They are prioritizing that aspect over others. So I think that it’s not necessarily a matter of strong or weak will-power but rather a matter of priorities or preferences. They are prioritizing instant pleasure. If they were able to get gratification from not doing something that would feel good, from the feeling of non-subjugation (power) that could ensue, then they could see better that it’s always just a matter of what one prefers/chooses.

Going vegetarian or pescetarian, I think reduces gluttony. It’s also harder to ingest that many calories in one meal, even if one eats a lot.

I disagree that hand analysis is "bunk". I would like to know the process that originates the marks, though.

David
I am a terrestrial

Cpl

Post Number: 518
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 05:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"hand analysis is bunk! no offense but it is true..."

Medical science has confirmed certain aspects of Hand Analysis, so it certainly cannot just all be accurately described as "bunk". Many a medical doctor can and does often find a diseased liver from looking at your hand as it reveals tell-tale physiological signs, especially in cases of alcoholic degeneration of the liver. HA is an immense field, an art as well as a science, and the part under discussion has nothing, of course, to do with the very questionable art of fortune telling.

It goes without saying that HA, like all other things, should be questioned and looked into for oneself and not just believed or disbelieved in.
Chris

J_rod7

Post Number: 1247
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 07:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Best Greetings Fellow Spirits,

To develop will power ... :

There is no better way to understand, thereby to strengthen the WILL and WILL-POWER than by way of practice in the form from the Meditation from Clear Sight. Read and study the full text of this wonderful method, print-out a copy for your reference, and put this into practice. One of the Seventy-Seven is presented here, and all 77 are relevant to becoming a True Human with Clear Sight.

46) Within me is a great, massive and creative willpower through which I can accomplish all my works.

46) In mir ist eine grosse, massive und kreative Willenskraft, durch die ich alle meine Werke zu vollbringen vermag.

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Meditation_from_Clear_Sight

Peace

~~ TRUTH finds WISDOM finds LOVE finds PEACE -- Find What You Seek ~ Rod

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 521
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 01:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To add a few more thoughts to my previous post 520, let me reiterate that the will really only starts the process going. When you read Billy’s other books, it will become clearer that it is concentration as a consciousness power that is the real workhorse in getting things done and not willpower. Billy makes a distinction. Here are a few excerpts which might be helpful:

"Das bedeutet, dass sich der Mensch, wenn er sich einmal ein Ziel gesetzt hat, sich gedanklich und zielstrebig darauf konzentrieren muss, wenn er es tatsächlich bewusst verwirklichen will." p.93, Macht der Gedanken
This means that once a person has set down a goal for themselves, they must concentrate on it intellectually and purposefully if they want to actually realise it consciously.

"Und alles gehört auch zur Gedankenkonzentration, die unbedingt erforderlich ist, wenn die Macht der Gedanken richtig zur Anwendung und Auswirkung gelangen soll." p.93, Macht der Gedanken
And everything also belongs to concentration of thought which is absolutely necessary if the power of thoughts should properly reach application and effect.

In Die Psyche, p69, he explains that the will arises from thinking, is embodied by the immense power of the consciousness and radiates out affecting the thinker and the external environment, with either positive or negative effects. The 'power' to effect change comes from the power of thinking. p.17, Macht der Gedanken. And it is the 'intention' behind the thought that determines the outcome.

Regards
Bob

Bianca

Post Number: 76
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 07:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you all for your input! I am glad and feel lucky to be able to ask and receive back. I am also learning to learn, naturally!
I may have mentioned already, that I do practice a form of Meditation by which I practice the 12 Affirmations and also few Affirmations from the Clear Sight Med. accompany me daily and so the Affirmation you mentioned J_Rod, is one of my favourites.

Bob, as always your explanations and translations are most beneficial and educational, many thanks!

Concentration is the Key! Power of thought! "The 'intention' behind the thought that determines the outcome",... when I have only good intentions to change the negative, how do I strengthen the Concentration?
I must say that it is indeed incredibly difficult to do. Often when I meditate, i feel calm and like I am elsewhere and feeling completely neutral, but that very thought of this realization, just distracted me and i cant return to same place I was before. It is as if someone is standing behind me deliberately trying to distract my concentration.
Thank you, b.

Cpl

Post Number: 519
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for that Bob and J_rod7.

"I would like to know the process that originates the marks, though." Markings are another aspect of HA. Scientifically we don't know what creates these, of course. My guess is that they are formed from the thinking, consciousness, and mind. As we change our thinking and mind many of the markings and lines change. It is not unusual to see radical changes while people are in hospital. At such times the thinking, mentality, feelings, and mind are changing in many ways. Sometimes people in hospital decide to change the very course of their life.

This is one reason why predictive palmistry is such a difficult, if not dubious, art; our life is ever in our own hands (in more ways than one) and of our own making. Not that these markings cannot indicate certain tendencies for the future, but as with astrology, while there is something to it, the ability on this planet to do anything really accurate and useful with it is very rare IMHO. But like astrology and acupuncture body meridians it can be an interesting field of personal research.
Chris

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 522
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 11:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bianca: "... when I have only good intentions to change the negative, how do I strengthen the Concentration? I must say that it is indeed incredibly difficult to do.”

Practice. Concentration “interruptions” are quite common so don’t dwell on them. Such dwelling can lead to frustration and eventually giving up altogether. It takes time.

Avoid negative autosuggestions, such as you made in your post above: “I must say that it is indeed incredibly difficult to do,” as this will block and suppress your concentration ability. As Billy explains in Die Psyche, p. 37, such thoughts or remarks have an immense auto suggestive and feeling-stressed effect on the subconscious which understands such thoughts and remarks as an order.

Over time you will find interrupting thoughts will lose their strength and grow more and more pale. Do not be discouraged for already the conscience announces itself to You and you are ready to listen, and be grateful that you catch yourself during meditation when you dwell on some foreign thoughts, because this is to be evaluated as a success. If you determine that your meditation concentration becomes actually worse and worse instead of better, then you are not alone. To a certain degree, this lies in the nature of the thing, because by the increasing sharpness of perception more disturbances are perceived far much faster than at the beginning. Meditation requires discipline, and at the same time devotion and letting go. (from Drei Vorträge zur Meditation)

Regards
Bob

Markcampbell

Post Number: 472
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bianca ;

I free up alot of inner thought-blocks by recognizing the connection with which of my golas are linked to my work/business.

Such goals are almost always (in my case)tied to others in one way or another , a least in the long term. To be more uncompromising about things that I value helps me to stop circling the issue with conflicts that arise from over-compromising .

In short , to improve my concentration I rely that I will be completely uncompromising ( in my thoughts) and forget about the need to succeed or reach any goal , thus keeping the work pure.

It took me awhile to recognise this , but I can say that your post helped me to remember it , since it was a recent idea that came to me in a work situation .

Salome , Mark

Edward

Post Number: 1772
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 01:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Chris....

Yes, I would agree with your posts.

Have read and studied such aspects in the past and even Foot analysis, which
is also very relevant within the frame work of our Health and Mental state of
Being. Certain, anomalies can indeed lead to ceratin lack of proper function
of whatever part of our body, brain, organ, etc; even Affect our Will Power;
it be Positively or Negatively.

If your body is more in a Negative state, it would speak for itself, that there
would be more LACK for Will Power!

If your body is more in a Positive state, it would speak for itself, that there
would be more WILL for Will Power!

Edward.

Indi

Post Number: 464
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 09:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Post from J_rod7 moved to 'Meditation' topic.

Redbeard

Post Number: 184
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 07:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The concentration exercises as well as conscious thought control have helped me immensely to stay focused and on track. One thing that is a really effects my focus and clarity is sleep and diet. If I don't take good care of my body/brain it doesn't function according to my will as it should....

I told my son that I could stop or start any thought or thought process that I wanted to, at any time, such as a song playing in my head or just a distracting or negative thought, and he was interested to here how I did it until he heard that it would take some study and effort....
Peace be to you, Matt

J_rod7

Post Number: 1253
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL Matt

Such a shame, and really a sad statement on the younger generation = that if any effort is required for personal growth, they give-up before they begin.

Implied here is a lack of WILL which needs to be addressed. The question becomes: How do we motivate the unmotivated?

It gets back to the old adage - You can lead the horse to water ...

IMO Leave the Horse alone, but leave the water available -- it'll drink when it's thirsty.

Peace

Redbeard

Post Number: 185
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2010 - 04:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rod,
You are right about many young and old and in between that have much to learn and of course very little motivation. I definitely have my work cut out for me as he is my personal project, but sometimes we underestimate our effects on others as last night the same son asked me to watch a video that he thought was good and thought I would like it, it's probably not new but it was to me, of Carl Sagan's book excerpt read by Sagan with some touching photo's and music.....3 1/2 min.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJE_Ld-UyCk
Peace be to you, Matt

J_rod7

Post Number: 1254
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2010 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh Yes, The Pale Blue Dot - The only Home we know. Were it so that all the Humans on Earth could understand this simple concept. I think Carl Sagan really knew more Truth as understood here in FIGU than he could let on in public. If you ever get a chance to watch his series in "the Starship of the Imagination," jump on it.

Peace

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1186
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2010 - 06:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carl Sagan, Ph.D. , late Professor of Astronomy and Space Sciences, Cornell University, excerpted from “Unidentified Flying Objects" - The Encyclopedia Americana. 1963.

“It now seems quite clear that Earth is not the only inhabited planet. There is evidence that the bulk of the stars in the sky have planetary systems. Recent research concerning the origin of life on Earth suggests that the physical and chemical processes leading to the origin of life occur rapidly in the early history of the majority of planets within our Milky Way galaxy--perhaps as many as a million--are inhabited by technical civilizations in advance of our own. Interstellar space flight is far beyond our present technical capabilities, but there seems to be no fundamental physical objections to preclude, from our own vantage point, the possibility of its development by other civilizations." . “Unidentified Flying Objects.” The Encyclopedia Americana. 1963.

Justsayno

Post Number: 253
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dyson, we can only hope that someday NASA will let us view some of the structures on Mars without "erasing" them. What do you think would happen if the world found out there were structures on Mars? Would that signal the demise of the Catholic Church? Or would they simply make sure a cross is found there so they can carry on the delusion?
Hi Chris, I know there is something to hand analysis also. There is a distinct line from the left ring finger to the heart line which I've only seen in two people whose spouses have died. Also a woman I used to work with told me that all pedophiles have small stubby hands and short stubby fingers. The local pedophile who recently moved into town finally made his move and he had shorty stubby fingers. (Btw the dad beat the living crap out of him and sent him to the hospital. But then I also hold the dad responsible for being stupid enough to leave his daughter with the guy in the first place.)
Also a bigger dose of testosterone in vitro (courtesy of dear old dad) will guarantee that your ring finger is quite long and you will have more masculine traits.

Hi Justsayno,
This topic is The Spiritual Teaching » Thinking And Thoughts, so please get back to Thinking and Thoughts within lines of the spirit teaching.
Peace, Badr - Moderator

(Message edited by badr on May 06, 2010)
"How the hell would you know what my line looks like, it's imaginary." - my Dad, after being told by the police to walk a straight line.

Sitkaa

Post Number: 267
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a question, if anyone wants to address it, please chime in. Is the speed of thought the same for all creatures? How about the speed of the cognitive process?

Life is lived in moments. How many moments are there for you and me?
Love is always the way

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page