Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through June 05, 2011

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Meditation » Archive through June 05, 2011 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Jacob

Post Number: 578
Posted on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 02:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

The reason why the word 'Sun' is used when the candle flame is observed is because it visualizes the Sun, it’s not the intellectual approach of the Sun.
When the Sun is visualized by repeating the word over and over while observing the candle flame, it will cause a psychological effect.
The Sun symbolizes an entity which cant be overlooked, it can’t be ignored and its brightness overrules everything.
The consciousness-related/psychological effect is while visualizing the Sun this way, that you will only be thinking “Sun”, seeing the candle flame growing and growing until it encompasses your whole vision, then, when you just visualize the sun in the candle flame you will have gained a level of concentration/meditative state. You will notice that all other thoughts are gone.
When this state is reached the following step is to notice, but not to think about the fact you noticed, since just thinking about it, is already a stray though, disrupting concentration.
To gain concentration without allowing stray thoughts is concentration/meditation.
Salome,
Jacob

Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona!

Sitkaa

Post Number: 425
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 09:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is how I see it:

When the inner light is a fascination, and it is,
it pulls the attention without any seeming need for self-discipline.
The self-discipline is needed in searching for the why the light is fascinating.

Why do we search for light within ourselves, within our imaginative inner eye?
In its purist form, in its brightest, shiniest, most pervasive form, the light is how consciousness shines when it's motived with love.

Here is how i sees it:

The light is a vibe, the result of the interaction between love and higher order physicality, in this particular case our thoughts.
Fur leben.

Markcampbell

Post Number: 602
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thinks I sees what your'e talkin's about , Fur.

Humanbeing

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2011 - 07:38 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

guys thank you for the inputs on concentration/meditation using candle, I have clearer understanding now! I should ask same question but answered already. I'm on my 15 minute mark red or golden rose concentration, hope all of us will master it and find the inner peace.

saalome from Philippines

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 117
Posted on Monday, February 07, 2011 - 08:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all,

I have been doing the Concentration Exercises and have thus far done it the following way. Please share any insight or ideas that you feel would be of help.

I have been doing it with brain entrainment (alpha-theta) with audio headphones keeping the music just audible. I have a scented candle for the focus and to a lessor extent the breath at the nostrils. When a thought attempts to intrude, I breath in, a slightly bit noisier, to flush it out and maintain the clear and neutral focus on the flame. I find that I can maintain a clear state better this way (any other suggestions?). I did time the periods between the intruding thoughts. I went from a few seconds in between to (my surprise) 10 to 15 minutes this last time. I found that shewing away the incoming thoughts with the breath better than mentally doing it.

At what point in the concentration exercise do we want to move into the meditation?

In other words; to what length of time should we develop the ability to maintain a clear state, without intruding thoughts, before you recommend moving into the actual meditations?

Many thanks.

Salome,
Eddie
[7:-)

Corey

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 08:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eddieamartin: maybe it's just me but listening to music may defeat the purpose of concentration. Either way you could probably begin reading Billy's meditation book first before you start meditation practices to gain a further understanding of what your in for. I support the fact that you are willing to go slowly. A big part of meditation as you will find out in Billy's book is "concentrative meditation" i.e. staring at a meditation's object.

Salome,

Corey

Sitkaa

Post Number: 436
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 09:36 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At this stage, the point of concentration exercise is to learn one-pointed awareness, without thoughts creeping in. The 'thoughts creeping in' are indicative of the mind functioning, coloring the awareness, generally with expectations. In other words, we generally see what we expect to see, a process which happens pretty well incessantly, which is why we practice ceasing the mind from functioning.

(Of course, the mind does continue to function, and the body does continue to function, else you end up in a state of breathlessness or even death, which is not that healthy for more than a few minutes.)

Anyway, it sounds to me as if you are simply exchanging one type of thinking for another. Which is good, to some extent. However, keep in mind that the mind follows thinking patterns, so if you develop another thinking pattern, then it just becomes another patterned veil that needs to be let go.

The other side to the thinking coin is awareness. Awareness can occur without the mind functioning.
Awareness of what? Well, when we are aware of one thing more than another, our mind is making sense of things again, as it is wont to do. So aim for being aware of everything, as in white noise, wherein none has precedence over another, wherein all internal processes are just as important as all external happenstances. This practice is just another focus, or rather, foci. When this occurs, the mind is not functioning, or at least it is not bombarding itself with thoughts.

Then become aware of the light within, and its source: love.

You might want to internally inquire into this for abit and see if it means anything for you, and/or helps in your meditation. Caveat: I only offer this method because it has helped me, not because agrees or clashes with the Meier material. In that regard I could be off-track, again.
Fur leben.

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 119
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 03:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Corey,

The music has not posed any distraction yet and is purely an alpha & theta brain wave entrainment. I have also done it without.

Unlike when I fast, I have found that thoughts or images sneak in every now and then and it requires focus and effort to maintain that thoughtless state. I want to get it to the point where it is effortless (without fasting) before moving to the actual meditations.

My only concern with the German books is, if it contains something, that a religious person may potentially not be completely honest or be judgmental because of it. I recently found German speaking people. I've just begun with the Rosetta Stone German language program and would like to ask some of these German speaking acquaintances to translate the books for me and explain the exercises.

Until then, I will continue to develop and work on the concentration exercise.

Many thanks Corey.

Salome,
Eddie

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 120
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 03:36 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One more thing. I have used the spirit symbols on the website (I also printed them out) as focus objects. This has been interesting. When I'm done with the concentration exercise, I move right in to the study of the TJ and the GoT.

I have also been going through, from the beginning of the archives, and found lots of information under the Meditation heading of the forum. These I copy & paste onto a word document for my personal notes and referencing.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Salome,
Eddie

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 121
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 06:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sitkaa,

Thanks for sharing that information.
On a side note:
I am familiar with a specific martial art meditation and the clearing of the mind and then using djurus and their applications and so forth from my martial arts training. I learned to maintain a complete focus on the djurus, extracting applications and literally experiencing all aspects of both myself and the attacker and that '3rd position' viewing. So much so that it's very difficult to differentiate between reality and the imagined. This is of course due to so many years of this aspect of the silat training.

Billy's meditation takes on a whole new approach. What the concentration exercise seeks to accomplish in stilling the mind and no thoughts creeping in as you put it, I can do effortlessly if I fast and meditate. So this is an interesting exercise right now.

How long is it recommended to be able to effortlessly keep the mind clear and still before one moves into the actual meditations Billy teaches us? I'm still going through the archives and have not found this information yet.

Many thanks again!

Salome,
Eddie

Ramirez

Post Number: 556
Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 02:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In reply to Phi-Spirals post 556,

Hi Bob,

"And thirdly, I want to thank you, Jacob, for choosing to be an active participant again in this forum.

Lastly, I would like to share with the forum some quotes by Robert Anton Wilson which I think ties in nicely with this discussion string:

"Human beings live in their myths. They only endure their realities."
— Robert Anton Wilson

“The Bible tells us to be like God, and then on page after page it describes God as a mass murderer. This may be the single most important key to the political behavior of Western Civilization."
— Robert Anton Wilson

"The Copenhagen Interpretation is sometimes called "model agnosticism" and holds that any grid we use to organize our experience of the world is a model of the world and should not be confused with the world itself. Alfred Korzybski, the semanticist, tried to popularize this outside physics with the slogan, "The map is not the territory." Alan Watts, a talented exegete of Oriental philosophy, restated it more vividly as "The menu is not the meal."
— Robert Anton Wilson (Cosmic Trigger: Die letzten Geheimnisse der Illuminaten oder An den Grenzen des erweiterten Bewusstseins)"

This is so important with regard to the overall mission because for the first time as opposed to religions both the menu and the meal are presented simultaneously thereby removing hints of mystery and the supernatural plus one explaining how the other is derived .... by thoughts and deeds.

Works like Om and Goblet Of Truth have a massive published background explanation (contact reports) in which their authors (Billy) life story is presented in highly graphic detailed fashion describing the struggle, background effort and history which goes into writing, producing then distributing these works.

For the long term it's a winning formula ......
Cheers.

Sevak_muni

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 06:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

Could someone please give me a detailed reason why the Peace Meditation cannot be done while under the influence of Marijuana.

Thanks,

Pele_ii

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 01:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sevak,

I cannot give you a detail explanation why the Peace Meditation cannot be done while under the influence of Marijuana. I can just say that you will not going to be yourself under the influence of any drug, so why asking something so illogical?

However I must confess that, it is funny just the thought of watching someone doing the Peace Meditation under the influence of Marijuana.

Warm Regards from Brazil

Rarena

Post Number: 667
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 05:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sevak... can you tell me the middle part of the question again? eh eh...

Seriously... why impare yourself with a hypnotic sedative when you are about to embark on something so important with such advanced and evolved people as the Errans and others of the Plejaren Federation? It is my understanding more off planet people participate than us Terrans.

The Peace Meditation is so ultra important we have to be on our best focused attention in order to participate for the proper results (I.E. Peace) to reach fruition.

It is also a fact that using Marijauna changes the distance between neuron tranmitters creating different unpredictable pathways each time depending on potancy and dosage. You want to be extremely focused... being hypnotized and sedated is not my idea of being focused.

Sitkaa

Post Number: 462
Posted on Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 07:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would be nice if we could smoke a harmless plant and attain a spiritual state. Yes, that would be nice.

But it is not to be.

Working towards the ideal of the spiritual state does not involve phantasms,
but is instead a pursuit of intelligent clarity,
calm awareness.

Step away from the herb for awhile
and let honest, sincere clarity seep in.

Additionally and unfortunately,
THC causes brain damage,
as well as confusing the psyche.

Since this is such a common problem among our modern population, does anyone have suggestions for to rebuild damaged brains, post uninformed marijuana/psychedelic usage?
Fur leben.

Markcampbell

Post Number: 622
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2011 - 01:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are.............snip.........

Did I just break a forum rule ?

------------
I guess you did!

(Message edited by indi on March 11, 2011)

Sevak_muni

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2011 - 01:36 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Board Members,

Thank you very much for your replies and for letting me post here.

I am having many second thoughts towards the use of Marjuana. What got me hooked in my thinking that its ok was its use by many Sadhus or religious seekers of India. They allege that Marijuana helps in concentration (which I have noticed), which in turn aids in deepening meditation. Some temple shivalingams are adorned with marijuana as an offering to Shiva.

Reading the Goblet of Truth is really shaking up my inner foundations. Which are perhaps made of shaky material.

snip.................

Thanks,

Sevak Muni

------------
This forum cannot provide advice on how to remove addictions. Please seek help from sources that are qualified to assist in this goal.
Please take not of this when posting on this forum

Robyn

(Message edited by indi on March 11, 2011)

Earthling

Post Number: 531
Posted on Friday, March 11, 2011 - 07:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sevak,

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/FIGU_Bulletin_67

Edward

Post Number: 2029
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 02:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Sevak_Muni....

I am aware of your last posting information.

It was also due to the naming of Marijuana being a - Consciousness Expanding
DRUG -, if you will.

Just as the Hippies defined it and as you mentioned, etc.

It was of course, quite a Delusion.

Just Meditate in your NATURAL State Of Being, than you will experience it in
it's Ultimate State.

Edward.

Davidmg

Post Number: 83
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2011 - 05:25 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your spirit knows the difference between an altered or confused state of being. Therefore your spirit cannot evolve from this self induced form of neglectfulness to what you ask the spirit to receive. Your spirit seek perfection in all existences, whether in material form or spirit form. Therefore the spirit will once again wait again for a time when your consciousness reaches a state truthfulness induced by a truthful effort.

Davidmg

1_lucky_guy

Post Number: 19
Posted on Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 08:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone :-).

I'm looking for some insight on some late experiences on meditation, precisely sleep meditation.

I lately find myself when very tired fall into a state of complete awareness of my physical self while asleep.
Every now and then while just falling asleep would see/or feel a very bright light and also hear a piercing almost like metallic sound. First time was years ago and didn't know what to make of it. But lately I actually embrace the experience and find myself concentrating on it and therefore gain some type of control over it...
One time I was so tired and fell asleep so quick but once again was completely thoughtless as I'm also aware and know that I'm on the bed ; and for about a minute or two I started to feel weightless and my arms first started to go off of the bed without me voluntarily doing it... and I was not fighting the peaceful feeling I was having either... I also realize that after a few times having these experiences and made some research on sleep meditation that it is really best to sleep in complete darkness.
So now I'm so use to it that each time I fall into that relaxation state right before I'm totally asleep and unconscious I start to repeat the Salome meditation sentence ...
I was wondering if any of you here share that experience before in sleep meditation ... it's not something I master just yet but whenever it happens I always wake up filled with good energy and positive vibrations ...
Does anyone know what exactly it is as far as meditation?

Any explanation will help :-).

Salome.
E.J

Adonna

Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aloha...Is it best to do the Concentration Meditation in the early a.m. or in the later p.m.?
I have two translations with conflicting information, so I would appreciate help with clarifying this.

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 140
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 05:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Adonna,
I do my concentration meditation as early as possible in the morning before my head is not too flooded with the days happenings. Sometimes I do it more than once a day depending on how I feel.
The bit about conflicting information from two translations is interesting care to expand?
Peace John

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page