Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through December 07, 2011

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Meditation » Archive through December 07, 2011 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Derrick

Post Number: 77
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2011 - 06:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,
Can anyone here help me find more information on the 'death meditation"? Is this info only in german? I have lost many friends this year alone and from what little I could find so far this is of much intrest to me.
Derrick
salome

Alagna

Post Number: 39
Posted on Monday, September 19, 2011 - 08:46 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Eddie and Robyn,

I'm sorry for 'jumping the gun,' my bad. I will pay better attention next time.

But the point I was trying to get across, to myself included, may be better explained by Quetzal from contact 215, "14. Most urgently, the earth human must learn to bear his own responsibility and consciously act in a progressive manner in accordance with this. It can no longer persist that the responsibility is simply shifted onto someone or something else, because the individual is responsible for all of his own thinking, feelings and actions. The individual must recognize and adhere to his responsibility, because only when the individual begins recognition of his responsibility and adheres to his responsibility will the next person be prompted to do the same, whereby others, in turn, will join in, and finally the whole of Earth’s mankind will be taken up by it."

Best regards,
Anthony

Corey

Post Number: 40
Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 07:36 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here is a newer translation: http://us.figu.org/portal/SpiritualTeaching/ConcentrationMeditationSleep/tabid/178/Default.aspx

Salome

Corey

Mahigitam

Post Number: 420
Posted on Saturday, October 08, 2011 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can someone post 'how to do concentration meditation' by focussing at a point on a paper or any other concentration meditations ?
Candle meditation is not going well with me. (It was told that concentration meditation is important and required before going for other meditations)
The power which we seek is the power with which we seek - Michael S.Schneider

Edward

Post Number: 2217
Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2011 - 02:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mahigitam....

The way I started back decades ago was, to just sit in a Lotus position, arms
and hands each at each knee, closed my eyes, made sure that all my body
muscles were Relaxed and just...'hanging' loosely, and at the same time,
closed my eyes and just 'stared' out in front of me(; eyes still closed).

Made my mind Empty, and still staring in front of me; not in thought...but
with your/my EYES. Than, I could feel my whole Self relaxing and feel the/any
tension flow away. Than, at one point...I was so relaxed...I felt ONE with ALL
around: ONENESS. And than, at a certain time I could visualize a White 'misty'
sphere. From a dot...up to a it being quite visual as a light source in
stationary manifestation. And thus, I still concentrate on this phenomenon
till I feel myself totally relaxed and in the appropriate Concentrate mode, so
to speak.

After a certain amount of time in such mode and One wants to relieve Oneself
from this Concentration Meditation: Reverse, the above mentioned steps slowly
and come back into Reality, your/the Material World.

It will take time to execute it properly...but it is well worth!

It also helps your Concentration in the Material World, in your Thinking and
whatever decision making, and your talents, etc. Than, YOU are in Control and
not Impulse, or other non logical mechanisms, which are not related to you
THINK workings/mechanism. You ARE quite CONSCIOUS!

Hope this helps?

Edward.

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 297
Posted on Saturday, October 08, 2011 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://us.figu.org/portal/SpiritualTeaching/ConcentrationMeditationSleep/tabid/178/Default.aspx

You can use anything as a focus point (object/view). Have you tried the flame, but, with your eyes closed?

Salome,
Eddie
[7:-)

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 298
Posted on Saturday, October 08, 2011 - 11:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://us.figu.org/portal/SpiritualTeaching/ConcentrationMeditationSleep/tabid/178/Default.aspx
[7:-)

Ilovebilly

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 05:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

G'day Fellow Figu Members

What is the Australian Peace Meditation time?

Thanks
Peter
Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining

Sarah

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 02:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm a little confused, a friend of mine mentioned palms should be up. I know I need to get into a period of no thought, but as far as palms up, does that fingertips up, or the actual palms up Concentration that I can will myself to get better at. I know I need to sit reasonably straight, but the palms part is my issue.D;

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

The Australian Peace Meditation Time depend on which time zone you are in. Say you are in Queensland where no Summertime changes take place than the peace meditation time would always be:
Sunday morning 3:30 a.m. and 5 a.m.
Monday morning 5 a.m.

Salome,

Jokoveltman

Post Number: 74
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sarah,
Provided one is not in an uncomfortable position, the position of the hands is irrelevant, and they can be placed however one wishes. Since meditation is not a dangerous activity, you can try various placements/positions, and find which works best for you.
Salome,
Timothy

Ilovebilly

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 04:20 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Tat

So Sydney in daylight savings would be ?

Salome
Pete
Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2011 - 04:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,
In Sydney during summer time it would be one hour later than e.g. Brisbane time:
Sunday morning 4:30 a.m. and 6 a.m.
Monday morning 6 a.m.
During winter time it should be the same time
as in Brisbane:
Sunday morning 3:30 a.m. and 5 a.m.
Monday morning 5 a.m.

Salome

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 - 02:25 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

Forgot to add the days - the first and third Sat/Sun and Sun/Mon.

Key date is the Saturday.
E.g. if Sat = last day of previous month and Sun is the first day of the new month this would not
be a meditiation day (Sat must be the first or third Sat in the new month).

Salome

Elreyjr

Post Number: 273
Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings,
you may wish to view a video of a burning candle which you could use during every meditation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrm4AZ9GWrw

Jun
My will be done

Elreyjr

Post Number: 276
Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 06:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,
this may come handy for you with the candle light video for meditation. the audio file of the preferred pronunciation of "Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona." can be downloaded from: http://www.theyfly.com/sounds/salome.mp3
with the written article from : http://www.theyfly.com/salome/salome.htm

a loop mp3 recording will however be a better way. maybe someone could come up with it.

Jun
My will be done

Rarena

Post Number: 725
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 08:01 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Jun,

I use a player that can repeat the playlist or playback in preferences GOM works for this I think Quicktime also works. So you can hear it over and over again. The central peace meditation at SSSC with many people is a bit different. Each has their own voice, their own rhythm and their own intonation. Everyone starts at a slightly different time and ends at a slightly different time... some almost sing it... so I would not depend upon the recording per se...

Salome: Be greeted in Peace and Wisdom.

Elreyjr

Post Number: 277
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2011 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Randy,
thanks my friend. Got to give it a good try.

Jun
My will be done

Nuetralperson

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, December 05, 2011 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all. Its been awhile since I have last posted on the forum, so here it goes; I have been practicing no-thought meditation. Two times altogether I have experienced something which I would like to have some understand or (assurance) if you will, that its either ok, or something to avoid. Step 1: Lay on my bed eyes closed in complete darkness and silence. Step 2: Relaxing, breathing natural, after awhile my body goes numb, in a way feels weighted down(like I'm sinking). Then an unexpected but noticeable feeling comes over me. The first stage is my ENTIRE body starts internally vibrating, then I inwardly "hear" buzzing which fluctuates. After both of these things are occuring at once, I began to see flashes or "waves" of gold, blue, red, mixtures of colors. Also when the buzzing intensify's simultaneously in sync with the buzzing I see the color flashes. The overwhelming feeling is described as my "being" is getting pulled out of my body, forcing me to stop the meditation. Any information from moderators, ANY one! Would be greatly appreciated.

In all love, Alex

Davidmg

Post Number: 97
Posted on Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 09:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nuetralperson;

. The muscles in your body are twitching. This can caused by two reason that I am aware of. 1) from recent exercise 2) residual affects of our daily stress in life and or anxiety if it is present in your life. Meaning, that our muscles might have an accumulation of stored nervous energy. I would suggest finding time to prepare to relax yourself first before meditating. That means watching what you eat, think, hear, and do in the form of muscle contractions. AKA lifting, stairs, sitting poorly and stretching or having muscles pinched and so on and so on. That way you body and mind will have gone through the beginning stages of relaxing until you actually get to be relaxed. Having a hot bath for 1/2 hour can be quiet relaxing.

Now, rather that quote about colors that you see please read "Concentration – Meditation – Sleep" that should answer a few more of your questions.

Davidmg

Michael_horn

Post Number: 482
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since we're offering up suggestions here, the importance of magnesium shouldn't be overlooked in things pertaining to the nerves, muscles and 360 other functions in the body.

There's something called "magnesium oil" that allows more magnesium to be absorbed by the body without increased peristalsis.

Indi

Post Number: 644
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please everyone keep on track with the topic of meditation!
Salome
Robyn
Denken Sie für selbst!

Nuetralperson

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 04:23 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Indi, I respect your words, am I staying on topic, my experiences occured during meditation

-----
Yes your post about your meditation experience is on topic
Robyn

(Message edited by indi on December 07, 2011)

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page