Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through February 05, 2012

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Misc. Discussions on The Spiritual (Creation-energy) Teaching » Archive through February 05, 2012 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Markcampbell

Post Number: 700
Posted on Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 09:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mac , it has to be in German only , but even so , I would think that the words would have to be pronounced correctly , which most VR sofware doesn't do , to my knowledge .

Scott

Post Number: 2183
Posted on Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mac/Mark,

I was able to obtain VR software from "Linguatec" a few days ago. I'm still learning how to use the program, but my goal was to also listen to FIGU Writings in German and hopefully absorb the code. It is unknown to me whether these type of programs are accurate enough, but either way it gives me a greater familiarity with the language.

Memo00

Post Number: 523
Posted on Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello friends

To learn the correct german pronunciation is much easier than learning the language itself. I took german lessons some years ago and i can tell you than even before knowing the meaning of what you are reading you can be pronouncing it correctly. Contrary to US english where many similar words are pronounced differently without a good reason, in german most words are pronounced according to the rules.

Salome

Mac

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 06:27 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I noticed that the studio version of linguatec contains a pronunciation editor so as to set the correct pronunciation. $500!! If I were able to speak German, I would record myself reading a book which contained a code and make it available for download to members. Would there be a German speaking person who would be interested in this?? I would certainly donate whatever and whenever I could toward this project. There could also be a download fee for this MP3 which would go towards FIGU.

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 289
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 04:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mac's idea is something I've been throwing around in my head for some time.

It would expedite the learning of the German language at the very least. As one is learning conversational German, eventually you would start to recognize the spelling of the words you know.

Does anyone speak German well enough to read the Goblet of Truth?

Please consider.

Salome,
Eddie
[7:-)

Mac

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eddie, I think we should post these ideas in the topic section "The Mission", under "new ideas to help improve the mission".

Ilovebilly

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2011 - 11:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

G'day Folks

I like to study a bit of German or Swedish on translate.google.com

Type in english on the left and as you type you see the words form on the right in chosen language

Salome
Pete
Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining

Kenny

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 12:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess I am luckier than most of you in here. I grew up in a place about 30km from the German border. We went to Germany on shopping at least once every month. I watched German TV all the time and I do understand the language. I also had German classes in middle school, but I did not like it that much. However, I learned the very difficult grammar and I can read the Goblet of Truth in German. My English is still better than my German though. Nevertheless, I have to agree that there are words in German that cannot be translated into English so easily, because I know from personal experience that some of these words do exist in my mother language but not in English. Also, I have noticed that in some contact notes, the English translation of words/terms was not 100% correct according to my knowlegde, but I am not a translator. So, my guess is that there is no way around it. You have to learn the language.

Salome,
Kenny

Sarah

Post Number: 48
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 06:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This actually brings up something I find interesting, is a lot of the reason german words can't be completed translated, is it because of all the multiple meanings?

Rarena

Post Number: 721
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2011 - 08:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Sarah,

Hello and welcome to the board.

English has multiple, often conflicting meanings is one reason the German language is used to convey esoteric spiritual truths and also... it is more concise and more precise.

It is my understanding the material compiled by Billy Meier mentions that the German language is more closely related to languages spoken by those from other "earths" such as the ancient Lyrian, Vegan and other systems. Since they have been around far longer and have a greater history over a longer span of time than beings of this earth... they have more words which do not have correlating meanings similar to Terran (this earth's) languages.

Salome: Be greated in Peace and Wisdom

Thomas

Post Number: 36
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 04:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello again everyone. I was just thinking about true love and the relation to something I remembered about the brain. This is just what I wrote for my own purposes but I am posting it here since it might be of interest and since it applies and relates to the spirit teachings. Just to reiterate, these are just my ideas and not necessarily correct.

As I recall, BEAM says that we cannot experience love in its true form until we can balance both hemispheres of our brains. This seems like a significant declaration. Even though we do not definitively know the details behind the function of the brain, it is recognized that apparently the two halves of the brain have different primary roles in terms of thinking and thought processes.

It has been said that the different sides of the brain have tendencies that are different in character. This list was found on a web page about this topic:

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

While it is known that these tendencies are only tendencies and not fixed to either side of the brain, it does give an idea of how the two sides have different ways of functioning generally, or at least they have give different perspectives on the world. Assuming that the left side is more logic and rationality based, while the right side is more feeling and free flowing, there could be a connection between this and why a balance between the two sides of the brain is necessary for perception of true love. It is clear from the spirit teachings that balance thought and feeling are required to fully open the connection between the material and spiritual consciousness forms. It is also clear that our spirit is a part of the spiritual energy of Creation and that Creation is completely balanced in its negative and positive values. If we are to be able to connect fully and consciously to our spiritual consciousness forms and experience the Emfindung-based true love of Creation (not to be confused with other, "emotional" forms of love), then we have to balance our feeling side with our logical side. If this happens, then our brain hemispheres would naturally also be in balanced communication and we would be able to experience love in conscious form, at least to some degree.

Let me know if you have any ideas on this please.

Thanks and until later...
Thomas

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 329
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Thomas,

Quick question; is this why meditation is important?

Great post and salome,
Eddie
[7:-)

Cpl

Post Number: 599
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 05:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Thomas,

This list has been around a bit and is interesting. It appears to have been listed by someone working mainly from the left brain. We can notice immediately that there are three “negatives” listed on the right brain, namely “fantasy based, impetuous, and risk taking” yet it hasn’t listed anything “negative” for the left brain. Instead of “impetuous” it could have said “impulse driven” giving a positive connotation. It could have listed “unfeeling” and “calculative” for the left brain and “imaginative” rather than “imagination rules”. IMO if the right brain were literally “fantasy based” the individual would be insane. I would replace that with “artistic”. The left brain “reality based” I would replace with “physically/objectively based”. “Reality based” has no real meaning; feelings are all “real” and expressed in “reality” even when not associated with objective reality. Semantics here, but if all one is using is a few words in a list it is important to have them as accurate as possible.

“Words and languages” is an interesting one. Their creation is by the right brain but they appear to be learned more readily by the right brained types, who can readily pick them up and use them but often lack the logic and rationale to specialize in them.

It is not that one side of the brain is deficient and the other excels. As you’ve noted they are both equally important for love – and I would add especially for life in general and interpersonal relationships too. As it relates to love, the right brain and the individual can IMHO develop well by deploying compassion, modesty, forgiveness, understanding, and temperate valor in addition to the mentioned “appreciation”. These are all feelings but their functions are very different and how we use them and how they enrich our life, and the lives of others, is also different yet very significant – especially in the cultivation of love. The “uses feeling” in this list is too vague and meaningless for me; I would replace it with “intuits” and then list the different very important feelings as above.

Here is my quick adaptation of the list with 17 points in each and two main possible areas of weakness for each side. Of course, all areas in the counterpart side are potential weaknesses, but these two are the ones I have noticed most commonly and at a very basic level. I have made the terms in the main lists a little more neutral. Lists like this (do make your own) can be very useful for checking what it is that any person we are communicating with -- or oneself -- is lacking when a communication problem arises; or just what we lack, or conversely overtly depend on, in our personal lives.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
logical
linear thinking
detail oriented
fact based
words and language
present and past
math and science
comprehends
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
objective
rational
forms strategies
practical
safe
Potential basic weaknesses:
Cold/unfeeling or lacking important feelings
Too calculative/materialistic

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
intuitive
creative thinking
"big picture" oriented
imaginative
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & mythology/religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
feeling based: appreciation, compassion, understanding, forgiveness, modesty, temperate valor,
spatial perception
abstract
knows object function
presents possibilities
impulse driven
artistic
can take a risk
Potential basic weaknesses:
Emotional
Lacks objectivity

Valor might be surprising to find in my list, but this is a quality that Billy has used in his life IMHO when apprehending serial killers and in one instance when he really gave it to a child molester. There are times when we just have to make a stand for what we know to be right and just. This is a feeling based action to stand up for justice and right. I use “temperate” because if aggression is to used it should not be over used, but only as far as is necessary or the situation warrants.

I write "emotional" here but in practical life it is probably pointless telling the other person not to be "emotional"; they are far more receptive to learning that they are "too emotional" rather than they shouldn't have any emotions at all, which they will read as feelings and they may assume you to be cold and feeling-less for telling them not to be emotional and you won't have time to explain. This, of course, depends upon the personalities of the two parties concerned.

We could say the left brain is like the animus and the right brain the anima. The animus is the masculine element within the psychology of the woman and the anima the feminine element within the psychology of the man. Jung said the “whole self” (completed or full self) comes forward when the two are in balance. Each can have positive and negative characteristics. It is up to the individual to develop the positive or good characteristics within both. IMO, the same goes for the brain; the two parts of which are, in one sense counterparts to the inner psychology of the anima and animus, though to create balance they really work as a foursome, again IMHO.

If anyone wants to try a little test to see how balanced they are here is a test for such. It obviously isn't completely accurate and doubtless lacking in many areas, but we have very little access to effective tests to accurately reveal our brain's left and right hemisphere dominance or balance. It might give you a basic idea if you have none now and it can be fun.

Brainwave dominance test: http://www.ipn.at/ipn.asp?BHX.

Hello Eddie,

Meditation certainly does help balance the left and right brain, at least in my experience and all I’ve read. I cannot personally recall Billy mentioning it, but presumably he has and someone
can comment on that.
Chris

Use to the full both your heart and your head; and never lose either.

Thomas

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 10:01 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Chris, I wasn't too much thinking of the details of the list so much as how the 2 sides of the brain are generally different. You are right though about the list being left brained because lists are a left brain sort of thing :-)

I think the point is that we need balance to experience true love (as opposed to the more superficial types). When we are balanced, we are clear and I think that is why meditation is likely the best way to pursue the goal of true love even if we cannot reach that goal in this lifetime...

Thanks for the response!

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 590
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chris: “Meditation certainly does help balance the left and right brain, at least in my experience and all I’ve read. I cannot personally recall Billy mentioning it, but presumably he has and someone can comment on that.”

My understanding thus far is that this balancing you are referring to occurs more in the psyche in a conscious-consciousness fashion through mental might and consistency of neutral-positive thinking. My source for this comes from my overall understanding of Die Psyche and Macht der Gedanken. However, in the sense that meditation helps to balance the consciousness and psyche, one can infer there is an indirect correlation.

"Das Training der Meditation reinigt das Bewusstsein des Menschen und bringt dieses zur Ausgeglichenheit."
"The training of meditation cleans the consciousness of the person and brings this to balance."

From, Die Art zu leben by Billy, page 156

Regards
Bob

Cpl

Post Number: 600
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 09:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Bob.
Chris

Use to the full both your heart and your head; and never lose either.

Mahigitam

Post Number: 500
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 09:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The following post may be from Jacob...
"Billy discusses the various different brainwaves in his book "Meditation aus klarer sicht". I will briefly summarise what he says -- however, most of what I know is non-figu sourced, and from my own personal experience, which is quite extensive in the brainwave area.

Firstly Billy says, that synchronizing both hemispheres of the brain is what is required for humanity to achieve true love, peace, freedom and harmony. He says this can only be achieved through meditation.
From my personal knowledge, the average person does not achieve any of these brainwaves to the same degree in each hemisphere. However, evidence and my personal experience is that after certain practices, including meditation, the pattern seems to be more evenly distributed in both hemispheres.

The 5 different brainwaves he mentions are alpha, beta, delta gamma and theta.
"

-----------
that was from one of my posts:

http://forum.figu.org/us/messages/13/9263.html#POST33922

Robyn

(Message edited by indi on January 04, 2012)
Beware the fallacies into which undisciplined thinkers most easily fall--they are the real distorting prisms of human nature - Francis Bacon

Retchie1973

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 08:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi folks ! i have a question i took an exam for brain dominance and the results came and they say i was both dominant in my left and right hemisphere of the brain .... is this something different ?

thanks!

saalome!
retchupax

Thomas

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 02:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Hi Eddie=2C I believe so :-)

Tom

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 02:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas & Chris,

Relating to the use of the left and right side of the brain, the following statement comes from a book called “The 100% Brain Course” (Melvin D Saunders).

“There is also some evidence to indicate that breathing through one nostril stimulates activity in the opposite side of the brain.” – simply put: breathing through the left nostril stimulates the right hemisphere and breathing through the right nostril stimulates the left hemisphere.

The book then states, “By determining which nostril you're using the most at any given time, you can tell which side of the brain you're activating the most.”

Also stated is, “Research has revealed that certain stress-related diseases occur when the right nostril is blocked. When the nasal obstruction is corrected, stress is relieved.”

A right nostril blockage would indicate that the left side(logic & reasoning) of the brain is lacking in stimulation and that the right side of the brain is dominating. I can see how could lead to stress if thoughts were of a negative nature and were exaggerated or heightened as a result this right side dominance. From my understanding, “nasal blockages” refers to a blockage caused by a narrowing of the nasal passage, rather than a blockage induced by excess mucus.

Also, assuming that the above information is accurate, nasal passages could be graded between 100% open and 0% open (similar to a valve), which would correlate with the percentage of stimulation of each side of the brain.

If this information is accurate, monitoring nasal passages seems like a useful means for a people to monitor the level of balance associated with their brain usage.

Cheers,

Tom.

Thomas

Post Number: 54
Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 11:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Tom. I do not know that book but I have heard of the right and left nostril thing though. I can tell you that, short of pinching one side of my nose with a hand, I have no idea how one can breathe voluntarily on only one side of the nose! :-)

I could focus on one side or another but stopping the flow at will on just one side seems like a skill that I and most other people do not have.

I think that things like using both hands instead of only your dominant one is a good way to balance the use of brain hemispheres possibly though and it is accessible to most people...

Have a great day everyone!

Thomas

Michael_horn

Post Number: 493
Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 03:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alternate nostril breathing can be done lying down, sitting, standing or walking...without using your fingers to shut the nostrils.

It requires that you don't mind looking a little like a camel as you pull your nose (and mouth, etc.) to one side using your facial muscles, closing off that nostril while you inhale through the other.

Next, you use the muscles on the other side of your face to pull your nose, etc. in that direction, opening the nostril and exhaling through it.

Continue to alternate this pattern. Don't worry about doing it in public, people WON'T bother you when they see you doing it. Kind of works like...garlic to keep them at bay.

Yoid

Post Number: 87
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 03:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Someone wrote once that the code(spiritual teaching books) works even then when someone dont know German.Billy said when we apply those teachings in our everyday life then will be ok.So if anyone who dont know german reads it he/she cant understand it = how can he apply it to life? Somewhere was written that the spirit understands it.So it penetrates from our subconscious to our conscious mind? Someone know something about it?
Next questions:
If we read those teachings in our life when we are close to 2012 galactic equator 5th world(Mayan calendar) will we benefit more then reading it in our next life? Will we be able to find again FIGU?

Thanks

PS I know German basic going to intermediate level slowly.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page