Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through January 02, 2013

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Spirit (Creation-energy) Lessons » Archive through January 02, 2013 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Ilovebilly

Post Number: 126
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 08:20 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

G'day Folks

Some words in the Teachings might need more research

here is The Figu Dictionary

https://figu.org/dict/glossary

Salome
Peter
Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining. Truly, I know that there is no resistance to my successes, also not in my thoughts and not in my imagination and also not in my feelings.

Flaming_pie

Post Number: 40
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 08:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Melissa and everyone,

“One of our responsibilities, being it a capability, is that we need to teach ourselves.”

I would very much agree. I think one of the biggest misconceptions that people have, once they have made a commitment to study the spirit teaching, is that all they need to do is read the Figu information and they will become knowledgeable. From my observation, there are a lot of people who really believe that they will FINALLY become knowledgeable after they have read every last thing Billy and Figu has ever written!

This is not the case. Of course it is important to read the Figu information. But, in my opinion, the key is not in how many books you read necessarily, but rather how much you practice the basics that are common throughout all the periodicals. Unless you are trying to be a Figu historian, it is not crucial to find out every last detail. And many times if you become good at the basics you can eventually figure out things for yourself. If all you want to do is be a spiritual person, it is easy to create spirit lessons for yourself. Anybody can do this quite easily. Spiritual evolution is not hard or exclusive to any language. Of course it is always better to read the Figu information in the original German. But no one should think that they couldn’t get a good, basic spiritual grasp because they don’t know German -- based on the vast universe of English material available, for example.

In my opinion, these are the basic concepts (most important) that can be found (in greater and lesser detail) in nearly every Figu periodical. And can be cross referenced with other Figu or non-Figu approved information discussing similar topics to get a fuller view of what Billy Meier is saying.

1. The Creation.
2. Creational law. What is a creational law? And how does this differ from a directive?

a. Cause and Effect
b. Reincarnation
c. Law of Love
d. Becoming and Passing Away
e. Contrariness
f. Etc.. (Our responsibility to find them)

3. Creational directives or commandments.

a. You shall have no powers and gods, idols and saints other than Creation.
b. You shall keep holy the name of Creation and not abuse this name.
c. You shall make every day into a day of celebration and keep it holy (control it).
d. You shall not break your bond with Creation, including this: You shall not commit adultery.
e. You shall honour Creation just as you honour, respect and love your father and mother.
f. You shall not kill in depravity.
g. You shall not rob and expropriate.
h. You shall not bear false witness against the truth, Creation and life.
i. You shall never, never speak an untruth.
j. You shall not greedily covet material wealth and your neighbour's possessions.
k. Do not curse the truth.
l. Never, never put Creation's commandments and Creation's laws into unworthy cults.
m. Etc. (Beyond the 12 Commandments it is important to create logical directives to better live within Creation’s laws)

4. Religion. What is religion? Why is religion bad? How can we stop being religious ourselves?
5. Meditation. What is a neutral-positive mindset? What does it mean to focus? What does it mean to control one’s thoughts?
6. Self-responsibility and personal responsibility.
7. Overpopulation. What can we do to be more conscious of the planet?

In no way is this list meant to be all-inclusive. This is only meant for example purposes. The list is my personal opinion of the most important Figu ideas.

The key to teaching yourself, from my perspective, is to not only read the Figu periodicals to but also take that information out into the field. In my opinion, you can overcome most of the inadequacies of the non-German languages by studying a Figu concept from multiple Figu periodicals and then trying to apply it your own lives. So how does one “take the information out into the field” or try to apply it?

Let’s say you want to study the “the unity (oneness) of Creation after reading about it in the Talmud Jmmanuel and the FOM website. A good lesson to teach yourself and experience what you have read is to take a nature walk and look for evidence of the “oneness of Creation” in the forest as you walk along the trail. Of course if you are a good observer you can find several examples of unity throughout any stimulating nature trail’s ecosystem. Another good way is to post on this forum using Figu quotes and trying to prove something to yourself. The ways to create lessons for yourself are endless and could be as simple as cooking. What is important is to not give up after one or two tries, but to build a routine of study over days, months, and years. By taking something that you read and trying to fit it into the real world using your own mind and body is a great way to teach yourself something; and it has helped me a lot.

Best regards,
Anthony Alagna

Ferbon

Post Number: 176
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 08:06 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flaming_pie

...it is important to understand your words and not just read or accept them.The same applies to Figu material which is -as you said- (paraphrasing)a ground base for organizing your own path for knowledge and improvement. Many people read, but take for granted that understanding requires effort and a lot of hard personal work,thus also commitment and responsibility. There is no simple way to understanding no matter how much proof you are faced with. If proofs aren't based on your own efforts - they are spit out and replaced by unrealistic requests for more proof. Only few can probably recognize that we already have enough to learn and strive for trust in one another and our own actions and efforts.

Something that you may be interested in, out of my understanding: neutral=real/realistic; positive = excitement; negative = fear/anxiety; these are apparent to me and are not intended to be believed in.

"1729. Knowledge moves mountains. Belief makes slaves."
source: http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/meier/gaiaguys/Om.htm

Salome

Flaming_pie

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ferbon,

I think you missed the entire point of my post, my friend. It is not belief vs knowing after reading. What I am saying is that I create my own spirit lessons (and so can you), to create a knowing rather than a belief, by (1) first reading and then (2) taking that information out into the real world to practice it. Michael Horn does this when he digs up prophecies and predictions in the news. People translating the Figu information into different languages are doing it. This is a simple method to actually teach yourself something, so that you experience it rather than believe it.

One day this last summer I was out enjoying my kayak on one of the lakes where I live. I like to spend the time paddling along thinking about things I've read in the Figu material. I was pretty far from shore and noticed a tiny butterfly that flew past my boat. I thought to myself, that butterfly is never gonna make it back to shore and will probably die. Some mistakes in life can be terminal. Yet we should not frown on mistakes or try to prevent them because it is how we evolve by overcoming them. There is the law of reincarnation to ensure that even with a terminal mistake there is still a chance to learn in a new life. Nothing is lost; everything is fair. There is no need to fear mistakes. And I’m sure that there are a lot of butterflies that do find their way back to shore.

How would you teach yourself something? We know that reading is only part of the way to learning.

Cheers,
Anthony Alagna

Corey

Post Number: 335
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 06:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ferbon,

That's a pretty good OM canon. The original German wasn't included in that link for some reason: 32:1729 Wissen versetzt Berge, Glaube aber macht Sklaven./Knowledge moves mountians, Belief makes slaves.

Here is another good one: 32:1734 Stiehlt der Pfaffe dem Gläubigen einen Apfel, dann stiehlt der Papst den ganzen Baum./the priest steals an apple from the believers, then the pope steals the entire tree.

Salome

Corey
OM 32:2171 Die unschätzbarsten Schätze sind die Wahrheit, das Wissen, die Liebe und die Logik in Weisheit. The priceless treasures are the truth, the knowledge, the love and the logic in wisdom.

Ferbon

Post Number: 177
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 07:19 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flaming_pie

It is easy to miss the point. I make sure to read carefully or rather more times the same message which is intentionally formulated for those really careful what they read.
I also assume that since you provided very specific example of teaching yourself based on spiritual lessons, your question is referring to the adequate real life, very specific example.

Focus is something that you practice by planning your next day.

If you accomplish what you've planned - then that was a good day.

If anyone else "benefited" from such plan - then that was a great day.

Salome

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 626
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 06:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Anthony

If one observes nature, one can learn much about Creation by being mindful of its' patterns. For instance, one might even notice the phi spiral within a flaming pi (pun intended).

Regards
Bob
flaming pi

Flaming_pie

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 07:37 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Bob,

Very clever.

Cheers,
Anthony Alagna

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 26
Posted on Monday, December 24, 2012 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our DNA is a double helix - as is the mat. universe.

Salome

Melissa

Post Number: 63
Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 02:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Macro to the Micro!
Macro to the Micro
pic can be found here: http://artmandu.org/valeria-geremia/
-Melissa

Ferbon

Post Number: 184
Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 05:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Melissa

I am mission the point of your post.

*missing?

(Message edited by indi on December 26, 2012)

Melissa

Post Number: 63
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 07:38 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ferbon,

I am sorry you missed the point. It takes some thinking outside of the box. Or, you can call it artistic.

I am pointing out, that everything is connected. We are / everything is a micro of the macro; a part of a whole. Or put more simply, everything is from the same.

It correlates to comments made by:

Phi_spiral: Post #626
"If one observes nature, one can learn much about Creation by being mindful of its' patterns."

and

Tat_tvam_asi: Post #26
"Our DNA is a double helix - as is the mat. universe."
-Melissa

Ferbon

Post Number: 186
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 05:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Indi.

Melissa

Please take it as neutrally as possible, but this is not your work so it's hard to call it "pointing out" because the actual author of this "vision" could have completely different message to tell. In addition such posts are pointless because there is nothing to learn from them except your own ego-centered interpretation of something. For example, one may see tree while other person may see a symbol of family, somebody else a bank of scientific climate data; child may see best thing to play with or an obstacle; measuring/reference tool etc, etc.
I would love to discuss your personal work or any point you're trying to make as long as it has clear reference to Meier's material in form of link or excerpt etc.
Frankly speaking, quotes you used are also out of any context as well as posted image which are, again, subject to your free imagination/interpretation/"falsification".
You can post and interpret whatever you like wherever you like. This portal however deals with certain data with certain importance. You can study it with us here based on direct quotes - from the source! One thing I learned here is that it is impossible to interpret someone's imagination, nor practical to waste time on such.

Salome

Indi

Post Number: 695
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let us not be so 'picky' with people's expression that the conversations come to a grinding halt!

Altnough it would be nice if everyone everytime complied with the forum posting requirements, they don't and it is the hope that the moderators can allow some to pass through, that peer comments will guide some to change, and self-correction will also occur before moderators need to step in.

We are all here with opinions of our own perspective and it is good to share them even if they differ as long as they are relevant to the goals of this board.

Please have some flexibility in this regard
Salome
Robyn
Denken Sie für sich selbst!

Flaming_pie

Post Number: 52
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 07:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ferbon,

"This portal however deals with certain data with certain importance. You can study it with us here based on direct quotes - from the source! One thing I learned here is that it is impossible to interpret someone's imagination, nor practical to waste time on such."

What are you doing? I think you were right the first time, when you said you were on a "mission."

Part of any spiritual lesson begins with interpretation, whether we interpret a Figu passage or even a one-word concept, like Creation. And, certainly "certain data with certain importance," (the Figu info I presume)is highly relevant, it is not the only contribution. Art can be highly inspirational too. It is interesting for me, at least, how individual little patterns can be observed both individually, and as a unity of one grander pattern. And of course, just as this grander pattern or Creation exists both awake and asleep, we can see this represented in motion and darkness.

Kind regards,
Anthony Alagna

Ferbon

Post Number: 187
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 08:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flaming_pie

I have addressed Melissa relatively to her post and apparently missed your point again. There are many places to look for inspirations as I explained. What is it that you take for wrongdoing?

"...and it is the hope that the moderators can allow some to pass through, that peer comments will guide some to change, and self-correction will also occur before moderators need to step in..."

...is Indi "on the mission" too? or perhaps you Flaming can spend some longer time than usual and ponder what is actually being said and meant.

It is absolutely clear and unquestioned that moderators don't and can't take responsibility for someone's posts. Each individual is responsible for his/her own actions and thinking.

Flaming- you can address your question in the reasonable manner. "what are you doing?"- at the moment I am typing...here...I stopped.

Salome

Jedaiah

Post Number: 46
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2012 - 06:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, Melissa. Just what on earth are you doing? How dare you post an artistic picture. Outrageous blasphemy. Daughter, I am disappointed.

/sarcasm off

Dear Ferbon,

Since you're all about the 'FIGU-is-all' prose, kindly take a look at the FIGU Netiquette and try posting again.

http://forum.figu.org/cgi-bin/us/discus.cgi?pg=instructions#rules

...and no offense, but please stop trying to give advice. You have a lot to learn and it's probably best if you stayed silent and start with the simple lessons first. You know? Showing kindness to your fellow man?

Have a wonderful day.

Melissa

Post Number: 65
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2012 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My deares Watson (Ferbon)

I must admit that your initial protective warning did not serve me well, for I succumbed to a small bout of sadness after continuing to read your post. To my surprise, I realized then - that which hurts, may also have some truth to it. So I searched for any clues you might have included into your thorough investigation. It then came to my attention that you might be right Ol'boy after all. I suspect that this whole mess may have been ultimately caused by old nemesis, my ego, for it has brought me problems before. I am also learning to embrace the fact that I am a fallible human being in need of additional knowledge and wisdom. I really should post more properly and will end by bringing this thread back to the original topic, spirit lessons.

Here is the original German and my translation of Billy's latest quote, posted on beam.figu.org

Ein Teil der Erde

Der Mensch ist ein Teil
der Erde; er lebt von ihr,
doch er quält sie derart,
dass sie darunter leidet
und sich gegen ihn zur
Wehr setzt.

SSSC, 21. Februar 2012
17.48 h, Billy

A Part of the Earth

The human is part of
the Earth; he lives from her,
but he torments her in such a way,
that she suffers
and is turned against him
to defend herself.

SSSC, February 21st, 2012
17:48, Billy
-Melissa

Ferbon

Post Number: 190
Posted on Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 04:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jedaiah

There are a lot of evil that could have been stopped , but not only by real, ground-based, positively motivating advice that is reaching people - but by people reflecting on it. Feel free and state in logical manner what do you consider offensive in my post to Melissa! And why don't you indeed?
...or check Billy's words from CR430, where he explains:

"...For the present they are only callers in the desert because the people do not want to hear them, and only think of their own we | I (Billy) am also one of the callers in the desert, yet in spite of its monstrous vastness and aridity I will further call out."

yeah...the messengers are the first ones to die...

Salome

(Message edited by indi on December 30, 2012)

Flaming_pie

Post Number: 54
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Flaming- you can address your question in the reasonable manner. "what are you doing?"- at the moment I am typing...here...I stopped."

Ahh Ferb, you forget. I'm a rebel. Hahahahaha
Anthony Alagna

Jedaiah

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 - 05:33 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While I agree with you on stopping what evil can be stopped, you still remain over confrontational at any chance you get and serve as a poor example to any new comer in this community.

Since you want to link excerpts, I can too:

"Each human being shall always foster an open, good, loving, peaceful, harmonious and liberal relationship with all human beings, even if they are hostile towards him. As a rule, hatred doesn’t harm the other person, but the hateful person himself because taking satisfaction in hatred becomes his own disgrace" - Billy.

(Make sure you read that once more, because you're failing at grasping the act of brotherly love.)

Ferborn, you're reminding me of one of those bible scholars that link scriptures of 'Jesus' to defend their points, rather than think for themselves. Truth be told, you're heading down that path of religious heresy yourself. Better watch it. You're still missing the point of the teaching, but continue trying to combat people over every little point you misunderstand. See if that gets you anywhere.

Here, let me enlighten you some more:

"In addition such posts are pointless because there is nothing to learn from them except your own ego-centered interpretation of something."

- Your words spew in bitterness. They're not neutral, they're frankly looking for a fight. Speak for yourself.

"Frankly speaking, quotes you used are also out of any context as well as posted image which are, again, subject to your free imagination/interpretation/"falsification".

- You're over assuming without even knowing the full extent as to why she posted what she posted.

"You can post and interpret whatever you like wherever you like. This portal however deals with certain data with certain importance. You can study it with us here based on direct quotes - from the source! One thing I learned here is that it is impossible to interpret someone's imagination, nor practical to waste time on such. "

- You have a limited set of understanding. You didn't get the message, but that's you. Doesn't mean others didn't understand. Ask a question in a non-confrontational manner if there is confusion. Stop making your posts so volatile and argumentative.

Tip: Using the word 'neutral' doesn't mean you're being neutral.

Indi

Post Number: 696
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 06:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To all posters on this forum. The need has arisen for the below post to once again be heeded:
We would appreciate if all posters reevaluate their posts and make efforts to keep this a discussion board and keep discussions open.

Also, even if someone breaks this guideline, and does say something considered inappropriate or attacking towards you or another, the spirit teaching offers that if one is attacked, then it might be worth any serious student's efforts to understand and put into practice what is offered in the spirit teaching on this topic. See 'Goblet of Truth' p.XV:

......those (the CG49) people have learned
from his example how to live with irrationality and not to despair in the face of the illogicality, unfounded attacks,
evil assumptions and the lack of understanding shown by humankind."

and

see page 49 verses 283 and the few following, for the rules according to truth. Here is is pointed out that there are "no laws of retribution and revenge, neither of hatred nor other evil." Even though here they are discussing killing others when attacked, the principles also apply to the lesser behaviours of verbal assaults etc..

This also applies to 'tit for tat' and having to have a comeback when one feels one has been attacked.

By not following these guidelines, one is showing that one is not yet practicing the guidelines as set out in the spirit teaching.

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone, but it should be done in a manner that is evolutive and not leading to degeneracy or stagnation.

Here is a reminder from the Announcements section of this forum:

Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 12:46 am:

http://forum.figu.org/us/messages/3163/3163.html?1350433458

Once again forum members, we would like to post a reminder for people to avoid criticising posters and instead criticise what the poster has said - that which is disagreed with.

Criticising a poster leads to varied feelings that can lead to inflammatory reactionary posts. There is little to be gained from this form of communication.

If you disagree with something a poster has said, then make your post about what was said and not about the character or personality of the poster.

Posts will be rejected or deleted if they do not comply with this sentiment. The moderators reserve the right to reject or delete posts without explanation.

Thankyou all for your consideration of this matter.

Salome
Robyn
Denken Sie für sich selbst!

Scott

Post Number: 2357
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 09:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Forum Members

The job of moderator is a pretty thankless job at best. Although we don't claim to know more than anyone else because we are human beings, we have accepted the responsibility, and with that comes certain "rights" which allow us to determine what is acceptable and not acceptable in accordance with FIGU Guidelines. Many days we are confronted with 20-30 posts which need to be read individually which can take some time and effort. Because of this, in order to expedite the process so no one gets upset with things taking too long, certain references or comments may not be caught or noticed. This is not intentional, but comes with the nature of the job. I have noticed a trend recently among certain people that remarks are being made in a rather sarcastic and defensive manner. As Robyn stated above please respond to what the poster has stated and do not criticize the poster.

Thank you again and have a great 2013!

(Message edited by scott on January 02, 2013)

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page