Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through May 05, 2013

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Thinking And Thoughts » Archive through May 05, 2013 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Newinitiation

Post Number: 649
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 09:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mark

It's very beautiful words of truth Mark and one that I hope for those suffering can truly cross the bridge to or at least get a glimpse of.

I guess because the channels to that ideal existence you allude to is closed off to those who cannot smell the alluring scent of existence and the sweet taste of the raw joys of just simply being alive they would need a nudge of hard love by someone who can show them the way to that elusive inner place.

It is an unfortunate fact of life that is part and parcel of existence whereby people can lose their way or rather their heads.

But giving assistance to those in need is I think the other half of the equation.

cheers
Matt Lee

Newinitiation

Post Number: 650
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 09:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Votan

I agree Joe and fight people must
It'll be such a waste of this precious once in an eternity material life to simply throw it all away.

All that life and existence affords and to not get at least one suck out of that sweet lollipop would be a tragedy.

But if only they could see it, I mean actually see it.

Matt Lee

Newinitiation

Post Number: 651
Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jacob

The statement of mine in reference to Billy was from this source

Hector
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 01:47 pm:   

My question in this round addresses agressiveness and its consequences. 
I have been deeply observing my thoughts and feelings and i`ve noticed that agressiveness is somehow latent/dormant in me, and it comes out in times when it is not welcomed.Lastly i was playing a game against a computer, it won me and had it not cost 300$, i would have smashed it without doubt, but i smashed other non valuable objects instead.Such rush of adrenalin/rage is something i want to neutralize, but it`s damn hard. 
In the spiritual teachings you say we have to learn to recognize our inner being, the spirit, and i think aggresiveness is like " a parasite of the consciousness, something that causes spiritual interferences" , because it does hinder yourself to find calmness, inner peace and neutral thoughts.Without that scenario it would be virtually impossible to find your "inner being".I think the designers of the aging/agressive gene knew that. 
So i want to know if fighting/neutralizing that unwanted agressiveness is one of the most important processes to recognize the spirit, the inner being, and as prime example i imagine tibetan monks or mahatma gandhi.Also, do you relate agressive/retaliatory/violent individuals to shorter livespans, is there any connection? 

Answer 
Aggressiveness is not bad because it is necessary to survive or to lead a live that is progressive etc. Without aggression a person is not capable to even produce offspring. 
Of course there are different ways to deal with aggression, and the amount of it is differing, too. 
You will have to learn to develop/use self-control. 
Aggression does not shorten the lifespan, quite to the contrary: Human beings without a proper amount of aggression are self-pitingly, soft, whining, defenceless, and are becoming stunted or wasting away. 

I always welcome any input Jacob and to be told I am wrong if I get things wrong so any input is much appreciated as it is all part of learning and development.

regards
Matt Lee

Ferbon

Post Number: 263
Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 02:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Newinitiation

Criticism serves its purpose if person reflects on it. Shouting at pigs is criticism...and waste of time.

cheers

Newinitiation

Post Number: 655
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 12:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ferbon

I agree Ferbon
But I don't see anyone shouting at pigs but if you do please enlighten us with an answer.

cheers
Matt Lee

Newinitiation

Post Number: 656
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 03:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To forum members

I wanted to address Billy¡¯s advice on people needing to control their thoughts, feelings and actions.
This is so wide ranging in its scope and applicable in many instances yet how exactly can they do it and with what should people do it with must be investigated further.

As it is said ¡®to each to their own¡¯ and so finding a strategy that works is an individual thing that only the person can achieve with their own consciousness as no matter how many loved ones and friends are about, the reality is that we are truly alone in this world in this respect with our own inner world of thoughts, feelings and space within that no one else can do for us except ourselves.

People with psychological disorders often complain about harsh feelings and sensations within themselves triggered by certain images, people, situations, things, thoughts and circumstances.

In the throes of suffering from bad feelings their minds are carried away by it to such an extent that it¡¯s difficult for them to organize their thinking and conscious thoughts in a clear manner.

From this, it results in them doing things with a consciousness that is in a state of distractedness and non-focus.

This adversely affects their personality, BEING and character.

When around people or in a social setting, they are so consumed by the distraction of their negative feelings that they miss a lot of the information generated by the context of the social setting to such an extent that they may react to others in an inappropriate manner and often incongruous to how they are genuinely feeling.

This creates in them more distorted ideas about the situation because of the way people react to them in response to their inappropriate behaviour which further escalates and exacerbates the vicious cycle of not exit-able train of irrational thoughts followed by bad feelings followed by irrational behaviour which is further followed by more of these in a never ending fashion.

It may be a workable suggestion if people experiencing this can first of all achieve calmness, composure, stillness, non-affectedness and control over themselves, their emotions, feelings and behaviour through the quietness of solitude.

Then once their composure and state of feelings are somewhat calmed down and balanced by being away from the source that triggers these negative feelings they can then think with a clearer mind about some coping strategies whereby the irrationally produced feelings and state of consciousness can be somewhat controlled when it happens again.

People need to ask themselves about what exactly and how do they think about the source of their fear, panic, anxiety, apprehension, depression, negative reactions, bad feelings and harsh experiences that brings about undue suffering.

They must also recognize that even if they know exactly what the source is and how it affects them, controlling their automatically produced negative reactions are entirely a different matter requiring a totally different set of ways to deal with them.

Since how the perception and thoughts about the source of their bad feelings may be the origin of their problem which often takes away their ability to not only think straight but also in how they are, as in, BEING in everyday through their personality and character, this must be analysed further.

One must ask themselves questions and many of them too.

Back to the topic on psychological disorders and the spiritual teachings these are some suggestions people may choose to try.
Of course nothing beats consulting a professional therapist and the teachings directly from the words of Billy himself so please take these words as just a suggestion and my own perspectives only but never a method of cure.
At the end of the day, if it helps a little and people can find some small relief through it then it served its purpose.

Anyway since Billy teaches that people must take responsibility for their own thoughts, feelings and actions and to control them people need to find out exactly with what and how so that they can see some results.
Since the way people think, understand, believe, take in, see, and experience that ¡®something¡¯ which causes them all these hellish feelings and experiences, people need to work on their perception of how they see the object of their discomfort and to change their understanding, knowledge and beliefs about it so that they can stop these bad feelings from happening.

Through consciously directed inner dialogue and the questioning method people can try some of these questions:-

-Why am I feeling so bad and what exactly is causing these negative feelings?
-What am I thinking about and how do I think about that ¡®something¡¯ or ¡®someone¡¯ in such a way that I get fearful, cowardly, submissive, apprehensive, anxious, panicky, depressed, gloomy, insecure, worried, angry, helpless, not in control, nervous, frustrated, avoidant, remorseful, conflicting, confused, guilt ridden, doubtful, self hating, bad feelings about myself, resentful, dissatisfied, discontent, empty inside, and disliking?.

- If the goal is to not just be a good person but to evolve, develop and be Creationally spiritual by living the life in truth and in conformance with the 12 recommendations (commandments or directives) and achieve peace, love, harmony and freedom inside and out, then how do I realise this in the everyday life this very moment in light of the mental disorder that compels me to act contrary to this where I feel really bad about myself and guilty?

- If I am thinking negatively and have certain beliefs about the source that triggers my bad feelings then how can I change my thinking so that I no longer get these oppressive and bad feelings, what can I use from the spiritual teachings and the truth to see the reality in such a way that I feel calm, collected, in control over myself and see things as they truly are and not from automatically generated negative feelings, beliefs, understanding and perspectives?

-Since childhood trauma, traumatic experiences from the past, genetic heredity, neurotoxins, poor diet, illicit drug use, alcohol, emotional toxic environment, stress, psychological, sexual and physical abuse etc have a cause and effect relations in the formation of psychological dysfunction, disorder and illnesses what am I doing now to eliminate some of these factors out of my life and freeing myself from these effects?

-If I know now that the way I think, how I think and the content of my thoughts and beliefs about that ¡®something¡¯ triggers bad feelings, then what exactly are they and with what spiritual truth can I replace my sense of truth about reality with so that I no longer feel these bad feelings and suffer from them?

To be continued................

Matt Lee

Edward

Post Number: 2728
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2013 - 01:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt...

Excellent summery, your last post!

About Natural Aggression: we do not an - Aggression Gene - for nothing, no?

So, we can indeed utilize it/this very Wisely and with the proper amount of
implication. That is WHY we have the Aggression Gene within, our string.

We have the Aggression Gene to defend ourselves; to be Aggressive in our
daily life decision making; to be Aggressive in our words of speech...to
highlight our point of view, and go so on!

That IS indeed 'Natural' Aggression, in the sense of its Positive usage.

But, alas, the Creator-overlords altered the Aggression Gene (Enhancing it)
of their Slave creations/creatures/humans, which, through, intermixing with
Earth humans have bred an 'Over' Aggressive type of human being. But, with
the help of the Spirit(ual) Teaching(s)...we can remedy this awkward property
and have more control to our thoughts and doings.

And, not consume 'too' Salty foods, etc., which enhances our blood pressure
and will affect our (enhanced) Aggression Gene, and which will affect our
Heart, and go so on. And, if you have high blood pressure, you can become
irritated quickly and even pick a fight, with someone! This is indeed, a
Worse description/scenario of the altered Aggression Gene.

If I remember it correctly, the Creator-overlords even altered THEIR OWN
Aggression Gene, to a point of being TOO Unaggressive(or not aggressive at
all), TOO Passivist...which got them in trouble in the first place. Them
getting their heads beaten in, by other ETs, etc., and so they created their
(Killer Clones) Slave creatures/humans, as result. They were trying to take
the 'easy out', so to speak, but, which only worsened it, all, and Back
Fired. So, they did not take EVOLUTION, that seriously. They thought they
could rule over Evolution. NOT!!

Things to ponder about....

Edward.

Ramirez

Post Number: 845
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2013 - 03:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Newinitiation,

With regard to this from your very interesting post:

"I wanted to address Billy's advice on people needing to control their thoughts, feelings and actions. This is so wide ranging in its scope and applicable in many instances yet how exactly can they do it and with what should people do it with must be investigated further."

One solution is to replace mental images triggered by impulses with the aid of modern technology.

Music or music videos are an option for instance this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK4GKdLBpQQ

Maybe some missed this sort of childhood ......

Then music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGDUQ0SORnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmHkDZe7_48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zEeD3-No98

It's just plain outright beautiful .... depending on individual taste and perception.

"If I am thinking negatively and have certain beliefs about the source that triggers my bad feelings then how can I change my thinking so that I no longer get these oppressive and bad feelings, what can I use from the spiritual teachings and the truth to see the reality in such a way that I feel calm, collected, in control over myself and see things as they truly are and not from automatically generated negative feelings, beliefs, understanding and perspectives?

-Since childhood trauma, traumatic experiences from the past, genetic heredity, neurotoxins, poor diet, illicit drug use, alcohol, emotional toxic environment, stress, psychological, sexual and physical abuse etc have a cause and effect relations in the formation of psychological dysfunction, disorder and illnesses what am I doing now to eliminate some of these factors out of my life and freeing myself from these effects?

-If I know now that the way I think, how I think and the content of my thoughts and beliefs about that ¡®something¡¯ triggers bad feelings, then what exactly are they and with what spiritual truth can I replace my sense of truth about reality with so that I no longer feel these bad feelings and suffer from them?

To be continued................ "

Probably there's no precise magical formula to comprehensively tackle all that though it's possible to create an ongoing strategy.

If those negative impulses begin to intrude (they are a curse affecting many) and it's possible in the circumstances use an IPOD or MP3 player loaded with music or short music videos as a distraction or more the point a substitute source of material. Might sound quaint but it can work well.

Another curse for persons with deep thinking minds and corresponding intellect being constantly searching for answers is that .... an active conscious mind grabbing a persons attention isn't necessarily always an advantage to have working non stop:

Try turning it off occasionally with the aid of a suitable selection of music.
Ptaah and Quetzal have both mentioned the beneficial effects of harmonious music and with those 3 samples linked above .... you have working examples though there are many more and yes fine music equal to and often surpassing Mozart or Beethoven concerning structure and melody continues to be written by small numbers of composers from all over.

Relaxing observation without the data crunching is an alternative ..... not easy but possible with practice and the aid of whatever music might suit individuals.
Cheers.

Jacob

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2013 - 02:05 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Matt,

I only asked because it gives a reference for all people who seek this information in the FIGU material.
I like your posts, please continue writing them.
Salome,
Jacob

As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.
~ Socrates

Skyrim

Post Number: 87
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2013 - 06:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ramirez,

They were great sounding music!

What do think about the music theme from the film The Fountain? I think it is one of the most beautiful instrumental music I have ever heard. I loved the film too!

Clint Mansell - Death is the Road to Awe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihF_aXi-Huk

phil

Newinitiation

Post Number: 657
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2013 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ramirez

That is a very good suggestion Ramirez and one that may assist people if they give it a go.

From my personal experience I find that certain music, be it a good soothing one, evokes certain sadness and gloom whilst others get me all pumped up ready to go and others cheers me up or make me sentimental and nostalgic for the good old times.

So I think definitely the context of when the music was played and what memory was attached to those music evokes certain emotions and feelings that may not necessarily depend on the quality of the music just as certain images, scenery, sound, place, smell, texture and voice evokes certain feelings, emotions and experiences.

So it pays to listen to good music under good context and situation as opposed to an emotionally charged one as listening to certain songs will definitely evoke past events and memories that is attached to the music.

Billy did state that classical music is good music worth listening to as oppose to the rubbish we get these days that is totally dis-harmonic which is bad for the psyche.

Anyway i'll go through and listen to your suggested music.

Thanks Ramirez

Matt Lee

Newinitiation

Post Number: 659
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2013 - 11:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Edward

Thanks for putting the natural aggression in the right context and information Edward which inspires more thoughts on the matter.

My initial understanding of the term 'natural aggression' when I was very new to the teachings was that it was a green light to punch the hell out of anyone who annoyed the heck out of me and I felt vindicated having literally punched the heck out of a racist moron who had attacked my friend years ago.

But then this was my misunderstanding and I still feel guilty to this day for hurting another human being the way I did but then this is one mistake among many I will have to live with.

So now as I think about it this inner force of will to strive and impel myself to action is where this natural aggression comes into it.
To keep on going when things get tough, to endure adversity, pain, suffering and any other self generated forces from within and to stand up to people when need be to maintain justice despite their calumny and wrath.

I guess the meaning extends to a much broader scope but I think we are on the same page with this.

Regards
Matt Lee

Newinitiation

Post Number: 660
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2013 - 10:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jacob

Thank you Jacob
I am encouraged by your kind words
I hope that just as your previous posts over the years have been enormously valuable and useful, although not to the same extent and maybe not right now but that whoever may by chance read my post down the line, could at least gain some use out of it and compel them into some reflection which may evoke certain thoughts towards self healing.

If it helps at the end of the day that's more than I could ask for.

Regards
Matt Lee

Ramirez

Post Number: 846
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 06:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, Skyrim liked the music :-)

As for the linked piece by Clint Mansell .... it's very close to what i consider among the good stuff though it gets a bit jarring towards the end. However overall most of it is pleasant.

Often when a piece has that many high quality elements someone with a computerized music program (Hollywood Strings ETC) re-arranges it cutting out the noxious parts plus maybe creating a smoother flow sorta like the one linked below .... R Rogers My Favorite Things performed by a small Japanese orchestra accompanied by a couple guitar guys or is it the other way around .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAX9w74TmA

If your interested in something with rhythm and flow .... Last Tango In Paris as you've never heard it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9lfdx-h6u0

Hi Newinitiation,

"From my personal experience I find that certain music, be it a good soothing one, evokes certain sadness and gloom whilst others get me all pumped up ready to go and others cheers me up or make me sentimental and nostalgic for the good old times."

Surely yes music is able to do that often seen to best effect as musical scores in movies where pieces are strategically located to add emotional stimulus.

"So I think definitely the context of when the music was played and what memory was attached to those music evokes certain emotions and feelings that may not necessarily depend on the quality of the music just as certain images, scenery, sound, place, smell, texture and voice evokes certain feelings, emotions and experiences."

With that above your onto something because it's often memories and their associated stored emotional component triggered by impulses which are the damaging factor causing discomfort to persons who become overcome by .... something going on which they are often unable to pinpoint or attribute a cause for because it lies partly hidden.

The right sort of music can be used as a circuit breaker cutting the flow of energies which trigger emotional pain and or feelings of distress brought on by memories or unexplained mood swings and something persons can do for themselves rather easily if they get organized.
Cheers.

Newinitiation

Post Number: 661
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To Forum members

Continuing on with the discussion on psychological disorders (PD) and Creational spiritual teachings (CST) basically the whole purpose for anyone who is suffering from the effects of PD is to make it stop and to free themselves completely from it if possible or at least to reduce the suffering and burdens it causes in one¡¯s life by being able to manage it

If they could stop it right now with a push of a button this would be fantastic but so goes the wishful thinking.
The reality is that healing from PD is a very long drawn out process and old habits die very hard therefore people who suffer from it need to put in an appreciable amount of effort towards healing themselves.

This involves introducing new thinking patterns, new ways of seeing people, things, situations, past events and reality and forming new habits of consciousness, content of thoughts, attitude of mind and behavioural patterns.
As Billy often says with nothing comes nothing and with something comes something.

Therefore people must first establish the exact purpose and a clear end in mind
From my work in the steel construction and mining industry there is nothing more clearer than the understanding you get during the process of working on a project that everything first start off as imagination, thinking and then planning.
You don¡¯t have project schedule and shop drawings for nothing.
You have to know exactly what it is that you want to achieve and why and then you need to know exactly how you are going to go about achieving it.
Same goes for self healing I think and even such a trivial thing as cooking.
So to start off people must establish in their minds what the ideal situation they would like for themselves to get to.

Creational spiritual truths and teachings in my own opinion will give you like no other tool in the world in achieving self healing for how could there be anything greater than the tools of the ultimate truth.
It¡¯s not a given but I think that there is a higher probable chance for someone with milder psychological condition to achieve self healing with the spiritual teachings than someone with very severe schizophrenia or psychosis

So now once people have established what they want, how they are going to get it and why they want it, it¡¯s now time to get started with the tools that is available from Billy¡¯s written materials.

I guess the holy grail and the ideal situation for those with PD is to be able to control their thoughts, feelings and actions and by that I mean having the ability to direct their attention and focus anywhere whenever they want, to have the control to think the thoughts that brings about good positive neutral and balanced feelings and psyche, to be able to eliminate on the spot the oppressive emotions and feelings whenever it occurs and to be able to control their actions meaning choosing their response intelligently to other people and situations by deliberate self direction and design instead of being enslaved and compelled against one¡¯s will by the external circumstances and what it creates within oneself.

There is no denying that as human beings in this evolutionary stage in the current era that we live in and with what we have been born with and born into, there is just no way in the world that people can control with 100% the automatic internal reactions to external events especially negative emotions and feelings.

These things just happen out of the blue and parasympathetic and so the more that people have the ability to control how they think, what they think, what they feel, how they feel and what they do and don¡¯t do then life becomes a lot better for it.

It¡¯s not always the case but the genesis of PD usually involves people.
Whether it¡¯s from their neglect, trauma they inflict on you, the pain, betrayal, hurt and suffering they cause, or they simply die on you, other people¡¯s actions are in the main the cause of people¡¯s PD.

Just to highlight the above statement It would be a very rare case whereby someone would be traumatized by a street lamp post unless they¡¯ve had an accident on it or severely bumped into it whilst drunk and take out their grievance to it by saying ¡®you hurt me, pained me, made me suffer and made my life a living hell and now I have PD because of you, I don¡¯t like you¡¯, it¡¯ll be a very amusing sight indeed.

But not to forget is that ultimately the truth of the matter is that whatever other people have done to you the main culprit and the causer of your PD is none other than yourself.
Either by default or by design you have effectively thought your way into the psychological disorder by reacting to other people¡¯s treatment of you with your thoughts, feelings and actions in such a way that it has caused yourself psychological disorder and the continuation of that damaged state.

For example through perceived injustice, unfairness and feeling sorry for oneself from the harsh experience and treatment from other people, people either become very angry, bitter, hate filled, resentful, overly aggressive, reckless, and vindictive or they become overwhelmed by it and turn into meek, submissive, fragile, egoless, zombie like and spaced out mass of a wreck devoid of vitality, zest and inner life within.
Their thinking reflects their outward appearance and by thinking in a particular way they have created within their consciousness and psyche these negative manifestations to occur which reflects outwardly.
In effect for whatever reason, weakness and views, they have essentially either consciously or unconsciously chosen to think towards bringing about this effect within themselves that overtime through the boomerang effect has come back to haunt them.

It¡¯s an unbelievably harsh statement to make especially where it concerns children in that they haven¡¯t got the capacity like adults to deal with trauma and pain and certainly no power and choice over their environment and how other people will treat them and certainly nobody voluntarily chooses to have PD and these are exceptions of course but in the main where it involves people, unfortunately this is the truth and reality of psychological disorders as it is self created believe or not.

regards
Matt Lee

Scott

Post Number: 2390
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt,

Would you consider PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) in the same category as PD's?

Tnxs
Scott

Ferbon

Post Number: 269
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 03:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Newinitiation

"Creational spiritual truths and teachings in my own opinion will give you like no other tool in the world in achieving self healing for how could there be anything greater than the tools of the ultimate truth"

...any particular examples from Spiritual Teachings ? quotes?

Newinitiation

Post Number: 662
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 05:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Scott how are you....

Hi Matt, I realize you submitted two posts twice, but did you receive my e-mail?

Regards
Scott

Cheers
Matt lee

(Message edited by scott on April 25, 2013)

Newinitiation

Post Number: 663
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 02:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ferbon

Sorry for the delay Ferbon I was meaning to get back to you sooner so my apologies.

Now in response to your question I have come to the inevitable conclusion that we the student's of the spiritual teachings will not be able to make any progress let alone do anything with the teachings if we take little sound bites and quotes from it and hope that these ideas will affect any changes within ourselves.
The context vital to adequate understanding of the teachings disappears when we do this therefore the whole teachings and articles must be taken into consideration, to then be held in the mind and then for us to think, feel, sense, observe, take in, see, think and experience the reality through them and with them and then to literally act upon them as in not just in thinking and thoughts but also behaving with them.

Basically we need to consciously, conscientiously and quite deliberately think about the reality and things in reality with these precious thoughts to make it work plus to act upon them and make it real in this reality.

This is what I think Billy means when he says that people must take responsibility for their own thoughts, feelings and actions and that they must think for themselves.

This I think means that right here and now in this present moment instead of thinking like 'that SOB just insulted me and I am going to pay him back to let him get a taste of his own medicine', since in the spiritual teachings it states that:-

-We need to create peace, love, harmony and freedom within and without
-Have reverence, honour and respect for all life.
-To think achieve neutral positive thinking.
-To effect goodness.
-To help one's neighbours
-That humans as carriers of immortal spirit form have common destiny and is an inviolable creature that should not be judged but only their action and deeds.
-To forgive and always achieve effective and not affective loving feelings, actions and intentions towards our fellow humans.
-To follow the laws of Creation and its 12 recommendations.
-To choose to think positive neutrally rather than be subject to negative degenerated thoughts, intentions and ideas.
-To not believe and allow ourselves to succumb to 'beliefs' but rather the truth.
and many more...........

So instead of becoming vindictive against the one who insulted you, by thinking according to the teachings and its recommendation you simply let the perceived insult pass right under your feet without you being affected in any negative way and that by doing so you will not harbour any degenerated negative thoughts such as holding a grudge against the other person nor to do degenerated negative things like punching his lights out.

In regards to thinking and thought in relation to psychological disorders I think it works the same way, the more you think in line with the Creational spiritual teachings and recommendations the more the old ways, habits and behaviour lose its meaning and significance and slowly these old beliefs that made you think, feel and behave illogically and irrationally lose its power over you and starts to fade away from your inner world of thoughts and world of feeling.

Regards
Matt Lee

Ferbon

Post Number: 273
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 03:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Newinitiation

That too, accords with my understanding.

If you allow, I would also like to add that by analyzing what is listed in your post one may see that the world of thoughts and feelings is interrelated with practical skills and utilization of such.

What, for example, a lot of people consider as "sacrifice" for others as reason for respect, honor, glory etc.may actually result from misconceptions and their own (or their leaders') irrational thinking.

Because of this our thinking and feelings should be frequently put into practice and verified by ourselves against reality. Through this we can actually gain practical knowledge regarding bringing our thinking and feelings back in proper neutral-positive state and far away from manipulation.
That said I should also add that self-generated, volunteer actions are these which are good characteristics for "long lasting" or "most effective" and motivated way of learning.
Spiritual Teachings and other Meier's material are after all based on self-striving for truth and not obligatory actions but recommendations with full respect to anyone's choice.

Any superimposed or ordered way of thinking in any form like through television, commercials, political campaigns or may it even by psychotic therapy or electric-shocks, isolation, noise with all spectrum of so called "white tortures" probably could be classified into mind/body control and bring no self-generated effects. Thus effects of no value, but instead products of arbitrary origin and weak, made-up or non-existing foundations.

You see, individual thinking is now very much repressed by all means possible to our present civilization. Even people who come up with brilliant ideas are forced into maze of getting them commercialized, publicized and made.
For this reason alone it is almost impossible to find individuals who take time to analyze facts against their own world of thoughts and strongly based in true reality that Meier in his current incarnation is obliged to make public.

Arguments made based solely on Earth's commoner understanding are at their infancy of correctness. Basing life and thinking processes on those is like spending life living in a house with no windows.

Salome

Newinitiation

Post Number: 665
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 06:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ferbon

I would have to agree with your thinking on this matter Ferbon.

Thinking definitely is a skill not many people are comfortable with doing because its tedious, hard, cumbersome, difficult and it takes effort.

I am also guilty in many ways for taking the course of least resistance even though the tremendous rewards of thinking is just absolutely great when achieved.

Sometimes my mind would play tricks on me at times when I put in a lot of effort to study the spiritual teachings and put my head down in earnest to read and reread the various articles of Billy's, what I thought was genuine effort paid no dividends and were often an absolute waste of time simply because after reading the article I didn't take the time to digest it, contemplate it further, to think deeply about what it was saying and testing it to my own experience of life among various other thought processes required for a genuine learning.

I was essentially deluding myself that all you needed to do was read it often enough, understand what its saying and it'll stick.

How further from the truth this was.

I must have read the Semjase's intro to the spiritual teachings a couple of hundred times by now yet certain aspect of that article still hasn't stuck in my brain after all these years.

Blimey!!!

And so goes the saying 'think about it'

cheers
Matt Lee

Newinitiation

Post Number: 666
Posted on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi forum members

In relation to thinking and thoughts about the Creational spiritual truths from my own observation and experience there appears to be a clear distinction between thinking these spiritual thoughts in a passive form and an active form.

When I think the spiritual thoughts internally without an active voice the spiritual thoughts remain in theoretical form that has no active power or force behind them but remain just school knowledge.

When I think actively with the 'I' of the self brought forth to the immediate here and now with full self awareness and with an active 1st person voice, I can readily feel the power of these spiritual thoughts come to life as direct immediate experience of the here and now.

It appears from this experience that the process of thinking and thoughts requires much more from the self than just inner thinking but also requires concentration and focus of the here and now, shutting off of distractions automatically created within, bringing one's attention out of self rumination and self absorption, the deliberate initiation of conscious inner 1st person dialogue, generation of self awareness and with active imagination creating the spiritual ideas and truths into the immediate experience as real experiences in the here and now.

Like capturing images with a camera, the thinking tools of 'what', 'when', 'how', 'who', 'where', and 'why' can be a useful tool in capturing real experiences of the moment by thinking with ideas of spiritual truths and making them real experiences.

It was an incredible sight to watch this in action by Billy when you see the German language interviews you see the whole expression, his eye movement, the enormous concentration, the clarity of his expression in form, his hairs as antennas just jutting up high like plants facing the sun and the expression and body language of him thinking with imagination and consciously drawing from within of his own experiences when he was speaking.

So from this experience it appeared to me that when active 1st person thoughts are initiated the mind is fed vital information in the here and now which turns into awareness, cognition, knowledge, recognition, insight, understanding and sense of which impacts the way you experience the here and now enabling you to have a much more wider and expansive view of everything as if you are standing on top of a tall mountain looking down at the valley or a Google earth satellite view of the city looking down at all the activities going on all at the same time.

regards
Matt Lee

Edward

Post Number: 2739
Posted on Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt....

Wisely said!

Thank you, for sharing....

Edward.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page