Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through September 17, 2013

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Thinking And Thoughts » Archive through September 17, 2013 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Cpl

Post Number: 656
Posted on Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 06:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt,

You can read my experience of the Thunderous Silence, Mythic Death, Satori, Enlightenment, whatever you want to call and some thoughts on it here:
http://forum.figu.org/us/messages/863/6244.html#POST22635

There are a couple of other posts with further thoughts that you can find under a search for "Thunderous Silence".
Chris

Use to the full both your heart and your head; and never lose either.

Newinitiation

Post Number: 701
Posted on Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi cpl

Those are incredible experiences I cannot yet relate with Chris as I haven't gotten that far ahead in my development especially after a long layoff from the teachings but around the year 1994 I was very sick and convalescing at the time and after some 24 hours of uninterrupted sleep I woke up with this pure sense of self awareness whereby my ego was no longer there to be felt.

It was so strange and such a foreign experience at the time because even though I was fully conscious there was just this pure observing being that knew the truth of myself and everything around as they really were without the ego intruding on that pure perception and understanding.

The experience left deep impression on me because it was such a raw and clear experience which I'll never forget.

Under such a state of consciousness everything felt so different, just were, pure, clear, and unadulterated.

I just can't put it into adequate words to accurately describe the experience but it was incredible to say the least.

It may have certain similarities to your experiences and maybe not be wholly that different but since i had no concrete context to describe the experience certain aspects still remain a mystery to this day.

I am sure that Billy has written something about it somewhere.

Thank you for sharing your extraordinary experiences Chris and it's a no brainer but please careful in Japan as more earthquakes are expected due to the increase in solar activity.

kind regards
Matt

Ramirez

Post Number: 875
Posted on Saturday, June 15, 2013 - 01:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that link .... explains your variation of the process and i imagine each persons would be different.

However yes in the fullest extent 5 times so far meaning the effects lasted anything from several hours to several days.

If you search for Kundalini there are a few places giving an accurate description of what occurs however those can only be verified by someone who has actually undergone the experience.

Try this site: http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=Definitions

1. There is a sensation at the base of the spine something like having a pleasant back massage which is how it starts.

2. The sensation moves slowly up the spine (several minutes up to 20) gradually arriving at and seemingly inside the head.

3. At about the same time there are three sorts of audible effect those being:

Breathing is like hearing the echo of a waterfall .... a huge one. It's overpowering in volume.

The heartbeat sounds like a freight train roaring by ..... incredibly loud and seemingly you are right inside it.

Then there's the flow of blood which sounds like a waterfall cascading through your entire being .... the sounds are by far the scariest part and unless prepared .... thoughts that this must be the last moment flash by.

It's really hugely hugely scarey overall even if you've experienced it before.

4. When the sensation going up the spine reaches the back of the neck then works its way to the crown of the head comes the most incredibly dazzling explosion of light imaginable .... it's so bright you think two things or at least i did ..... this really is the door to the next world but if it's something else and i get out of this alive i'll be blind for sure it's so dazzling.

But those fears are unfounded .... the light subsides, the roaring and gushing sounds vanish, the sensations in the spine diminish then comes the most ecstatic peace and silence imaginable.

It's the timelessness .... seems to last several minutes then settles down where it's still ecstatic though to a lesser extent.

The experience i'm describing occurred in the late 1970s maybe 1979 and i was sorta prepared.

Set out a bean bag and played music through a stereo system. In those days it was vinyl records or tapes ..... not ideal quality compared to today's incredible digital quality available in small $39 MP3 players and equally great quality $49 deep bass earphones but still i had headphones.

Besides the sheer ecstatic silence and feeling like floating on air because there is no sensation of weight or pressure in that state ..... it can be a very useful experience in other ways.

By relaxing then thinking of something an absolute deluge of information presented as sorta slideshows of individual things or short movie clip like excerpts play in a sort of bubble in front of the normal vision ..... literally there's a 3D theater in front of your face. Also there can be a thought theater where information comes in a series of waves on any subject you think about.

However .... once the experience subsides it's difficult to recall details or the information.

I thought of writing things down but it's so overwhelming and pleasant .... never got around to it because at the time it seemed as though it would last forever and the information would be accessible later .... it isn't, not most of it in any detail.

So that's it. The actual lead up might last up to about 20 minutes as the sensation moves up your spine, the peak experience can last several hours up to several days so if it does it's best to stay home and avoid people if possible because persons undergoing such experiences have been locked up labeled as psychotic .... and yes you do tend to have a wild look in your eyes and not care too much about what others say because it's such a distracting all encompassing immersive experience others hardly matter at the time.

That's how it went in about 1979 though it went differently at other times, similar however with variations particularly the thought processes and information display plus content of information.

This is probably the so called "revelations" some persons have reported experiencing.
Cheers.

Cpl

Post Number: 657
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 06:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ramirez,

Great to hear of another firsthand experience. The first I’ve heard since mine in 2001 (of course, lots of historical and second hand accounts around) and it shows just how these experiences can vary. Below I comment on some of your comments so others who have not (yet) experienced it can get a broader picture of the nature of this type of experience.

“However yes in the fullest extent 5 times so far meaning the effects lasted anything from several hours to several days.”
This suggests yours is a little different in nature (note “different” not less or more). My experience is the one off variety (cannot happen many times as I experienced it) and resulted in a permanent change in consciousness (as did the Buddha’s experience). In my type you do not return to the previous consciousness ever. There is no going back. It is the arrival at the other shore; the “blowing out of the candle”.

The actual rush of energies through the body and head lasted only 15 – 45 seconds. It was difficult to estimate the time exactly. Following the experience and consciousness change, however, I could feel the energies moving throughout the body as it adjusted to its new “reality”. These energies were felt arising from both the sides of the throat and rise up into and around the face, the lips, the eyes and eyebrows and over the head and into the head towards its center. To my surprise I saw that these are excellently illustrated in the wingmakers chamber 17 painting (http://www.wingmakers.com/reproductions/chamber17prints.html) which led to me being able to “decode” the meanings and symbolism within that painting. These energies continue gently moving through the body for around 3-6 months thereafter. (Of course, the consciousness does not change back during or after this time).

Yes, as you say, it is immensely distracting as one adjusts to the new situation, or consciousness perceived reality. I missed a university test date change the next day due to my distraction. There was, however, absolutely no fear associated with any aspect of the experience -- because i knew what it was as it came. I knew I was going to “die to myself absolutely” and welcomed the experience as I knew I wouldn’t literally die leaving my body behind. Perhaps I was more ready (older at the time, 52yrs old) for it than you were. Or perhaps I had studied much more about these types of experiences (30 yrs plus prior to the experience) as well as having many types of remarkable experience prior to this in which I had learned to overcome fears of such things.

“If you search for Kundalini there are a few places giving an accurate description of what occurs however those can only be verified by someone who has actually undergone the experience.”
I think I know what you are saying here. I would say only someone who has had the experience will know exactly what it is; but verification as I see it can only come from science and science is not ready for this yet. We do not have the technology sensitive enough to register the subtle changes going on and catalog them definitively to see objectively and exactly what has transpired within the human organism. Your or my experience, and anyone else’s, are essentially subjective descriptions. These can help others understand something of the nature of the experience, and after meeting others and talking with them we could verify authenticity or otherwise, but how would others know that we were accurate or truthful in our descriptions – which are essentially subjective, as are all descriptions. Only science can actually determine this objectively for others, which is why I have called upon the world’s scientists to research this area in all haste.

“1. There is a sensation at the base of the spine something like having a pleasant back massage which is how it starts.”
For me it was an immense pressure that began at the lower torso, perhaps spine area.

“2. The sensation moves slowly up the spine (several minutes up to 20) gradually arriving at and seemingly inside the head.”
Mine rushed up within a minute as I “died” mythically to myself.

All of the audible effects in your “3.” are, yes, the same as yours. I’d use different terminology but it is obviously the same thing going on.

Compared with your 4. mine traveled across the sides and top of the brain and in later weeks began to travel inside towards the center of the brain. I saw no lights or visions. It was just an indescribable permanent change in consciousness leaving ones sensation of the body permanently changed. After this one understands why the Buddha touched the earth after his experience. One needs to re-acquaint oneself with the “new” world and confirm that it is still there and your hand won’t go through things e.g. and whether the tactile experience itself is different, which, it is, again permanently.

Everything else you mention after 4. Is almost identical to mine except for the visions. I do see the future at times, but did not during the experience nor immediately after it.

Basically it seems we had the same experience, but yours occurred more slowly and with visions, while mine was faster and non-vision accompanied at the time. There are variations of this experience, and there are indications of this within the chamber 17 painting, but those interested can look there and my paper on that painting there, as such a discussion probably doesn’t belong on the Figu forum. You can always email me privately about that if you wish at gbcyd@yahoo.com.

Thanks for sharing Ramirez. You sound like a true consciousness brother, though many of my future visions have shown me we are all brothers and family, from the richest and most powerful to the poorest and most disenfranchised in the world.

One aspect of my experience is that I can identify with anything or one that i see; it's as tough i become them. I saw a disheveled and stinking homeless man shortly after the experience and realized as I looked at him that I was looking directly at myself. All I could feel was love and compassion; anything else would also have been feelings aimed directly at myself. This is a very literal feeling that is hard to put into words.
Chris

Cpl

Post Number: 658
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 08:02 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your comments, and concern for my safety. I am well aware of the many dangers facing everyone and myself here in Japan. It is not just earthquakes, but tsunami, volcanoes, and nuclear pollution and radiation that are very real dangers here. A M9 quake is very likely to occur in the near future off the coast in the Nankai trough area. This could bring a major tsunami to Osaka, where I live. I happen to know that the authorities know there is nothing they can do about this, but hope the tsunami is not large -- anything over 5m by the time it reaches Osaka, quite a distance from the trough, but well within the realm of possibility if not probability, would inundate Osaka, virtually destroying it. The loss of life would be catastrophic. I live on the highest land in Osaka BTW. But even so I'm only about 17m above sea level. Due to international laws now being what they are and my living here for over 30 years I cannot just leave and join my family in Australia.

Then there's the similar threats to Tokyo from a large quake yet to occur near Yokohama that scientists are saying is still overdue and will likely take thousands of lives. Billy also hinted at another some-such danger for Tokyo, and then there's his M9 off California in Cascadia that would also obviously inundate Japan just as it did 400 years ago in 1700. We've already warned the Japanese about this, but how many are or will remain prepared? We know from Billy's efforts in vain that unfortunately these warnings have little effect in practice.

Thanks again.
Chris

Jacob

Post Number: 72
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 09:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Edward,

The ability to remember past lives or record them by technological means are not the best ways to prove the existence of previous lives and reincarnation.

The best way is to think logically about the laws and recommendations of the universal-consciousness Creation, to analyse the cycles of Nature (Macrocosmos); the four seasons and project this on the human lifecycle. (Microcosmos) [..as above, as below..]

One must generate evidence based on logical thinking and deducting to know that reincarnation of the spiritform and incarnation of the personality exists, and not by memories (which are unreliable due to the interfering personality and its imagination, etc.), and not by visual projections either.

A visual projection is not per definition proof; it’s a form of information, which needs to be logically processed before it can be seen as proof.

The most important thing is that the human must learn to trust his/her most important ‘sense’ of all: His/her consciousness with its rationality, intellect and logic.

Semjase said something to this in these beautiful words at the 10th contact with Billy:

158. Der Weg der Geisterfahrung wird beschleunigt durch die Entfaltung des bewussten Suchens und des Wahrheitswissensammelns, und diese Entfaltung führt zur wahren und allumfassenden, kosmischweiten Weisheit und Liebe aufgrund der Erkenntnis, dass die Schöpfung in allem gegenwärtig ist.

158. The way of experiencing the spirit will be accelerated through the unfolding of conscious searching and the gathering of true knowledge, and this unfolding leads to the true and all-encompassing, cosmic wisdom and love, based on the cognition that Creation is present within everything.

The gathering of true knowledge can only be done by the consciousness, its rationality, intellect in logic by means of experiences, learning from mistakes, recognising the laws of the universal-consciousness Creation and applying this knowledge in daily life.
This application is done in the following three steps process, explained by Billy:

1.Taking up the knowledge.
2.Assimilate the knowledge in oneself.
3.Let the knowledge become effective by ones own actions.

When the human is able to recognize and acknowledge its own modifications in every respect, then he/she will have the security of his/her self-strength, self-knowledge and self-confidence, making him/herself very stable.

This is taught by Billy in Contact 109:

The animal, in contrast to the Earth human being, is very much geared toward independently recognizing and acknowledging its modifications in every respect, which gives it the security of its self-strength, its self-knowledge, and its self-confidence, making it very stable. This is so because it is correctly connected to the laws of nature, and these surge through it in an impulse-related manner.

German original:
Das Tier ist im Gegensatz zum Erdenmenschen sehr stark darauf ausgerichtet, seine Modifikationen in jeder Beziehung selbst zu erkennen und anzuerkennen, was ihm auch die Sicherheit seiner Selbststärke, seines Selbstwissens und seines Selbstsicheren gibt, wodurch es sehr beständig ist. Dies darum, weil es naturgesetzmässig richtig verbunden ist und dies in ihm impulsmässig alles durchwallt.

We can learn from this to recognize and acknowledge every modification (a learning experience, the whole process of gathering of knowledge IS an modification of the personality/consciousness), and gain selfknowledge and selfcontrol out of it.

I know this was a bit extensive but I wanted to explain some things a bit thoroughly.
Salome,
Jacob

As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.
~ Socrates

Ramirez

Post Number: 879
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Chris,

Thankyou for that substantial and detailed reply which activated some memories .... it's very appreciated :-)

As the sensations started and moved up the spine i experienced a dry throat which became drier as time progressed however it was very difficult to swallow or even get out of the bean bag for a glass of water.

As the sensations began to reach the head my tongue seemed stuck to the top of the mouth and for some days afterwards was a constant dry throat as well as loss of appetite .... hardly ate anything which seemed to intensify the experience. I think i was on holidays at the time so had unlimited free time at home which helped a lot.

At the time i was 29 ..... much younger than you and have experienced that intensity of experience, actually greater, one more time in about 1990 but none since then.

So that seems to make us both 63.

However after extensive experimentation i realized it's possible to sometimes have maybe 5% of such an experience on a massage table undergoing energy healing provided the right sort of healer does the hands on - hands off using suitable techniques and both are plugged into the right sort of music via an MP3 player each which really can become a consciousness altering tool.

I will get in touch via the mail you provided because things mentioned here go much further but are not suitable to air openly.

But yes, such an experience changes consciousness permanently that's for sure and there's no going back after "seeing the light"

What i think that part (the light) is in reality is a chemical process inside the pineal gland where production of natural DMT is suddenly allowed to proceed unhindered by it's normally counter effect and stabilizer monoamineoxidase which is somehow disabled by the experience.

"I think I know what you are saying here. I would say only someone who has had the experience will know exactly what it is; but verification as I see it can only come from science and science is not ready for this yet. We do not have the technology sensitive enough to register the subtle changes going on and catalog them definitively to see objectively and exactly what has transpired within the human organism. Your or my experience, and anyone else’s, are essentially subjective descriptions. These can help others understand something of the nature of the experience, and after meeting others and talking with them we could verify authenticity or otherwise, but how would others know that we were accurate or truthful in our descriptions – which are essentially subjective, as are all descriptions. Only science can actually determine this objectively for others, which is why I have called upon the world’s scientists to research this area in all haste."

I agree with this .... such experiences have typically been hailed as visions or a state of grace or whatever according to the social bias of the times and hardly explored out of those contexts in any systematic rational way.

Irrespective of how many times i might be asked about the experience the answer and description always remains identical plus or minus details which memory can or cannot access .... like the dry throat and sticking tongue and yes it's immensely valuable to read about and get feedback - validation from others who experienced their version.

"Mine rushed up within a minute as I “died” mythically to myself."

That was fast, never had anything like that, always slow and gradual which though more scary is sorta counterbalanced in that something immense doesn't swamp you suddenly.

Also i recall a sensation as though someone might be swirling a feather duster about on the crown of the head .... like a light tickling effect, not unpleasant but noticeable plus heat .... the body tends to become quite hot requiring the partial removal of clothing or turning on air conditioning this being the part where some people get themselves into strife .... taking too many clothes off in a public place if an episode of this nature should occur in a location where there's no chance of immediate privacy and seclusion.

For sure personally meeting or having email exchanges with persons having undergone such an experience is something rare .... for me at least though here i have met one person, a woman in her 40s who has had it and is among a very few with genuine healing capabilities into the range of being able to remove aids and cancer, is able to via distance send energies powerful enough to make candle flames sway, able to out of body project at will (she described contents inside my house even though she doesn't know where i live) and can facilitate the 5% of an experience by passing her hands over a person's body for several minutes. So it affected her to that extent .... an awakening of capabilities.

I also met and discussed these things with someone who had a similar experience triggered by taking ayahuasca though her experience wasn't anywhere near the natural spontaneous sort though intense in it's own right and it did change her personality substantially, the effects were very close however only lasting about 8 hours total and .... she was wretchedly sick afterwards :-) wheras i experienced no detrimental side or after effects.

As for the universal love and compassion .... not to such an extent as yours in my experience and certainly not reciprocated. I did feel things like that for a while though found myself facing rather hostile or indifferent people when trying to have conversations about the experiences so .... simply gave up.

With chamber 17 ..... that part of it where there seems to be a cone going up the head reaching outside the crown and above ..... that's what i think happens in effect .... it's literally a fountain of light accounting for the tickling sensations which might be like a static electricity going through the hair and very likely that which many persons saw emanating from Jmannuel at times.

The Chamber 17 picture reminds me of our aboriginal art and .... you are in for a surprise concerning that part of it .... the background stuff in blue particularly.

Will get in touch via email over the next days .... have a lot of stuff happening here presently.
Cheers.

Cpl

Post Number: 659
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2013 - 04:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matt,
That should be 300 years ago not 400 years.
Chris

Edward

Post Number: 2800
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 10:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jacob....

Yes, I would agree what you posted, and...which is my thoughts, also. [Such,
was mentioned/discussed in the past, here....also.]

Theoretically Based, it is the appropriate input.

Practically Based, the Brain Scanner would also apply to this scenario of
framework.

BOTH, can Back-up each other...to Confirm the facts....of the mentioned.

As the saying goes: "Theorie en Praktijk is het beste leerschool."
[Eng.: Theory and Practice is the best school]

Edward.

Newinitiation

Post Number: 705
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 08:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Chris

I am off topic but like Japan Korea where I reside at the moment is so densely populated with many high rise buildings and apartments to accommodate and house millions of people.

This is a major problem as you can only go so far with limited availability of land and the only way is up.

Now there has been an increase in earthquake activity in Korea in recent years and now Korean can no longer entertain the false sense of security thanks to Japan that they are protected but must at some point come face to face with reality.

If a major earthquake happened in Korea the death toll would be unimaginable just as it would be for Japan.

Korea also has 4 nuclear power stations and some 24 reactors situated on mainly the east coast area and one very close to the Korea's second largest city.

So as you had mentioned about the Japanese tsunami if a tsunami originated from Japan through a seaquake Korea will also be effected to a large extent.

We can only speculate as always about the little clues left by Billy in terms of date in which these natural disasters might come about but have you any idea Chris about the possible time frame or maybe through your dreams you had talked about many years ago on this forum where clues might be extracted from them?

regards
Matt

Newinitiation

Post Number: 708
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 08:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jacob

Thanks for the detailed explanation Jacob

Has Billy written anything about hypocrisy and how to process this properly through the consciousness/personality/character?

In recent times I just cannot get away this nagging realisation that the more you learn the spiritual teachings the more hypocritical elements appear in oneself as an acute awareness of one's weakness and defect.

As is so common or maybe its a common human trait but I realise that we give better advice than we do and it's so easy to talk rather than to walk the talk.

This is the challenge I am trying to master at my level of limited evolution and its not easy but its been pricking my conscience of late.

One example is when I say hello to people I meet during the day in the throes of self absorption and thinking about other things I tend to say hello absentmindedly and there is no conscious intent behind the greeting.
When I say thank you when being served something in a restaurant or supermarket I often ask myself do I really mean it or am I just following custom and normal convention.
When I say that I love you to someone special to me I often wonder if I really always mean it or are there occasions where its just empty rhetoric.
If I say that I care I ask myself to what extent and is it truly genuine or am I deceiving myself and therefore others who are party to these words.

This thing called spiritual path and a journey of spiritual life in everyday life is fraught with many failures, upsets, stupid mistakes, lots of guilt and a mixed bag of confusing moments where spiritual ideas sometimes become contaminated with misunderstanding, illogic, human weakness, many weeds, and poison by wrong societal influences that makes it all the more challenging and downright frustrating.

It's like 2 steps forward and 4 steps back and the fall can literally be quite steep and painful.

Matt Lee

Cpl

Post Number: 661
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 07:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt,

I was only thinking yesterday that Korea is probably safer than Japan as a place to reside. Of course, as you point out, there are dangers in Korea -- as there are everywhere.

I have no real time indication (yet) from my dreams as to when these events might occur. Science, however, tells us that the Nankai Trough M9 will likely occur anytime within the next 13 years, and that the Yokohama big one is already overdue. The Cascadia quake -- M9 that Billy mentioned -- has an almost exact 300 year cycle and the previous one occurred in January 1700 so it is technically overdue too.

Japan, it seems to me, will offer significant protection to Korea geographically from all three of these, though the Cascadia one could curl round Kyushu, Japan and head up to Korea, especially on its western coast.

The silver lining to this event is that Korea and Japan should both have several hours warning of the coming tsunami from the Cascadia mega quake so many should be able to get to high and safe ground before it hits. We don't have to travel far in Japan or Korea to get to high land from the coast, but city congestion could make evacuation difficult for those living in big cities. We gave advice to Japanese to be sure they know where thy can get up to the 6-7th floor of a very sturdy city building if evacuation becomes impossible.

Of course, logical, calm, and rational thinking together with thoughts and feelings of care for all others too are the best possessions one can have and take with one at such a time.
Chris

Jacob

Post Number: 76
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 07:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, Matt Lee,

I will most certainly get back to you on this one, I think I need to write a more comprehensive post about this.
Salome,
Jacob

As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.
~ Socrates

Newinitiation

Post Number: 711
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 09:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jacob

It'll be much appreciated Jacob.

Thanks

Matt Lee

Newinitiation

Post Number: 712
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 09:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Chris

Those are wise suggestions Chris and I guess they don't call it human resources for nothing:-)

I guess like Japan Korea has the army to rely on in case of national emergencies but when you get millions of people trying to evacuate all at once tempers will flare and panic driven stampede will claim many human lives unfortunately.

It is my personal feeling that the Italian earthquake and the eruption of Mt Vesuvius will happen very soon and one that may need someone to pre-warn about as we can envisage what will happen based on what the Icelandic volcano eruption has done, the pyroclastic ash might circle the globe many times over on this one.

regards
Matt Lee

Magic_pie

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, August 16, 2013 - 12:40 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Everybody,

The other day when I was out for my walk it dawned on me, an excellent example of controlling one's thoughts, one that many can relate to, is a diet. In order for a diet to be successful and for a person to lose weight, it takes the same type of observation, discipline, and will power, it would seem, that there is in controlling your thoughts.

Anybody who has ever put themselves or have been put on a diet knows that in order to be successful you have to inventory all of your food intake. You can not pretend that the Twinkies do not exist that you have been eating, even if you've tackled most of your intake. Everything must be weeded out and inventoried. If a food item (thought) is fattening (illogical, evil) then you must push that out of your diet completely.

It takes a bit of discipline and will power to not allow your favorite fattening foods (your favorite bad thoughts) into your diet (mind). Certainly no one is perfect, and everybody cheats (you still entertain bad thoughts) once in a while with a bag of Cheetos or Butterfingers; but the important thing is that you get right back on the wagon till you have accomplished your goal.

Controlling ones thoughts is not a temporary thing, it is lifelong exercise. In order for a person to maintain their weight, a diet really is a lifelong exercise.

So hopefully this little analogy makes sense and can help some people. This example of course does not cover neutral-positive-equalized thoughts or thinking, just basic controlling.

All the best,
Anthony

Newinitiation

Post Number: 763
Posted on Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 11:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Anthony

They are very sensible, logical and good thoughts of your there

Thank you for sharing your thoughts Anthony

Matt Lee

Magic_pie

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 01:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for chiming in. Care to tackle neutral-positive-equalised thinking now that we have an idea how to control our thoughts? I have been thinking of a simple and easy example.

In the "Might of the Thoughts" there is a chapter on polar opposites like a battery with positive and negative. Things like good and evil, right and wrong, light and darkness, and so on.

Let's take the example of a divorce between a bitter couple, something that is not that uncommon in our society. The common male response and onward thinking, might be something like "It was that bitch's fault, I was the perfect husband. She did this and she did that. There was nothing I could do." Or even worse, if we are talking about someone enslaved by religion, that unfortunate male might say, "It was God's will. It was meant to be." In either case, both males fail to take responsibility; and their thinking is one sided and stalled.

But if a male was trying to be a real human being and take responsibility, his thinking might go something like this, "Wow, I really messed up. I need to figure out what went wrong. I know she made a few mistakes, but so did I. I will spend some time thinking this through." And later that male who is trying to be neutral-positive-equalised might come to a conclusion through meditation like, "I spent way too much time at the office; I can understand how she might feel a little neglected. However, she too could have been a little more understanding since I provided us with a good living. I will look for a woman who is really committed to family more than money next time. The big mistake I made was that I was always flirting with other women and did not put my wife first; and it caught up with me when she caught us at the New Year's party. I will never do this again. I will be a committed and faithful husband, and not put work ahead of my family. I will do better next time. I think I understand where we went wrong; but I'm human and I still got a lot to learn. So I will keep searching for answers."

In this example, the male trying to be neutral-positive is trying to see both sides of the problem in an honest assessment. He sees his faults, but also her's. But does not blame her. He blames himself, always taking responsibility -- yet tries to see the situation as it really was so that he can learn and then correct the mistake the next time. The situation has been equalised with an evolutionary possibility; unlike the former two examples which those sad males have not even admitted a problem, let alone tried to find a solution.

Best regards,
Anthony

Coreyb

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 02:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anthony,

Those are very logical cognitions that you articulated well.

Thank you for sharing.

Newinitiation

Post Number: 767
Posted on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 - 05:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Anthony

Sorry I don't own the 'might of thoughts' and didn't get a chance to read it so I really don't know Anthony.

Matt Lee

Magic_pie

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matt,

Don't know what? You don't need the "Might of the Thoughts" to join the discussion. My two examples were not in the book. "Might of the Thoughts" is outstanding of course, but many of the ideas in the book have been discussed before on the forum and in other Figu periodicals.

Matt, my friend, go for it! We can help each other, along with the rest of the forum, in cleaning up any mistakes. The end result will definitely be a learning experience!

Cheers!
Anthony

Newinitiation

Post Number: 770
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 09:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Anthony

You said 'In the "Might of the Thoughts" there is a chapter on polar opposites like a battery with positive and negative'

I was referring to the 'Might of Thoughts' specifically Anthony, since I have never read it I cannot possibly have formed any opinions nor conclusions from them.

But you are correct in saying that "You don't need the "Might of the Thoughts" to join the discussion"

As far as I have studied Billy's teachings over a number of years the principles of the spiritual teachings can be accessible everywhere and is contained in all of his writing that is not just confined to one book or article alone therefore I may not be wrong in saying that what is contained in the 'Might of Thoughts' is also contained in Billy's other materials repeated all over the place.

Regards
Matt Lee

Zaqwsx

Post Number: 53
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Want to ask:

Is insanity irreversible?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page