Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through October 30, 2014

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » The Application of Natural Logic (Living by the creational laws and recommendations) » Archive through October 30, 2014 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Melissa

Post Number: 121
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 05:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ferbon,

I understood when you mentioned that (human beings are capable of truth/un-truth, because of free-will and which can be learned/verified in the appearance of nature).

-(more of my notes on our this)...The appearance of nature can be learned/verified from, by using our senses, one of which is thoughts. Thoughts are how we develop our psyche, or thoughts are used to develop how we think, even of reality. The thoughts comprising the 6th sense, makes sense, because I know I have thoughts, just as I know I can taste, smell, etc.

-(the [appearance of nature] notes)...I understand that what we sense, of the physical with our eyes, nose, ears, etc., may only be data in a physical form, which is when we use our own thoughts/contemplation to gain a greater understanding of this data.

Thank you for replying with your comments.

Hi Michaelhelfert,

(Thank you, and my notes are), that the senses are used to collect data and the sense of thought is used to develop our psyche, which can be guided to be healthier by neutral-positive thoughts, leading us towards a healthier, happier life, with also a greater respect and appreciation of ourselves as well as others.

Hi Eddiemartin,

Thanks for adding your post. After reading, I realized that I don't really have any free-will aligned with any of my senses, except for that of the sense of thought/feelings, which obviously go hand-in-hand, because thoughts create feelings. I mean, I can choose not to taste the orange, but once the aroma reaches my nose, or touches my tongue, I have no choice but to sense it. On the other hand, thoughts can be more controlled. So does that make (the sense of thought) a hierarchical sense when compared to the others?

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for adding additional information about truth, the physical senses, etc. I understand that the physical senses alone cannot be used alone, but it is wise to use our own thoughts to formulate our own greater understanding. The part I would like to understand more about, is the (what I see/hear/touch/etc. might not be factual reality.) I have discovered a bit on how our eyes work, and how visual illusions can occur based on how our eyes receive information, etc., but I am not quite sure how mysterious the information I am not picking up, really is. I also agree that truth cannot just be taught, but needs to be experienced and can be recognized by each person who puts some positive-neutral logical thought behind it.

Thank you again.

Hi Newinitiation,

The reference you are asking about is located in the hippocampus part of my brain. :-)

Also it can be found here:

#1 - (Peter_brodowski / Post Number: 312 / Posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2007

hello, i asked a question to billy a while ago...

what are the 6th and 7th senses.

he replied them as being 6th=psyche, 7th=spirit.)

#2 - (Savio / Post Number: 574 / Posted on Thursday, June 14, 2007

I think Peter is referring to the following Q&A:

- [Peter_brodowski Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 05:46 pm:]

hello billy,

What are the 6th & 7th senses?

Thank you

Answer

6th: Psyche; 7th: Consciousness)

#3 - Hallo Billy,

Concerning prayer, who or what am I speaking to specifically when I address my words or thoughts, and why?

Much Love,

Melissa Swem

Billy: Just direct prayer to yourself. Don’t imagine something special. Speak it to yourself. Actually you are speaking/talking to your consciousness.

(Note by CF: This is also the case if the word „spirit“ is used in a prayer. Your sub consciousness is linked/connected to the spirit-form and, therefore, the „message“ is automatically „forwarded“ to the consciousness.)

#4 - Using my current logic, I understand at this point, that our material consciousness is what formulates thoughts - and our sub-conscious is connected to spirit/minute-part-piece of-spirit-creative-energy/etc., so I decided, for my own thought-purposes (not to sway others), that sense 6 = thoughts, and sense 7 = spirit, which helps it all make more sense to me. But, no one has yet to prove (spirit) exists yet, probably because it cannot be proven/taught, but only individually experienced.

(Message edited by scott on April 25, 2014)
-Melissa

Hawaiian

Post Number: 201
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 02:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jacob,

It’s an interesting topic when you mentioned the analogy of “grabbing a fish” in a pond which in reality is not actually where the person perceives it to be, but rather in a different location because of the limitations of the material senses into a different realm or more accurately speaking, a “shifted phase” of existence.
It is similar to when one speaks in a strange language while dreaming, yet “understands” its meaning, but completely loses such perception once they try to translate its meaning to the language they understand in the waking realm. Sometimes it’s best to just be in the moment and not try to “understand” certain experiences for at times its unique frequency resonance is best left alone without any “confinement” by the material conscious.

Corey

Post Number: 566
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matt Lee,

You are absolutely correct that the 7th sense isn't spirit, and that it has to do with Empfinden with the Psyche, resp. Empfinden out of the spirit-realm that are received with the consciousness. The 6th sense isn't thoughts either, but feelings that originate from thoughts.

senses 6 and 7 taken from explanation to OM 32:117 (2011 edition):

6)Gefühle, die aus den Gedanken entstehen.
7)Empfinden mit der Psyche resp. Empfinden aus dem Geistbereich = Empfangen mit dem Bewusstsein.

6) feelings, that originate out of thoughts.
7) the perceiving in a fine-spiritual wise with the Psyche resp. perceptions of a fine-spiritual wise out of the spirit-realm = received with the consciousness. (*1)

I was told directly by Jacob that the consciousness receives the fine spiritual perceptions via the pineal gland.

https://figu.org/dict/node/6608

Salome

Corey

* (1) brief translation of part of explanation to OM 32:117 done by Corey original German copywritten FIGU Wassermannzeit-Verlag 1987/2011
OM 32:2171 Die unschätzbarsten Schätze sind die Wahrheit, das Wissen, die Liebe und die Logik in Weisheit. The priceless treasures are the truth, the knowledge, the love and the logic in wisdom.

Newinitiation

Post Number: 1033
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 01:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Corey for that clarification and the little translation.

Cheers
Matt Lee

Newinitiation

Post Number: 1034
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 01:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Melissa

Oh I see

Cheers
Matt Lee

Melissa

Post Number: 123
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 06:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott,

THE BOTTOM LINE = a result/conclusion based on the information.

Within the context of my post, I used (THE BOTTOM LINE) to portray a conclusion or result to my series of thoughts. Of course as I learn/experience/and gain understanding, the resulting/personal (THE BOTTOM LINE) can change.

For me personally, I need to make sense out of the information I come across, and cannot just say something is, because someone else says so. I have to come to my own conclusions, which can change based upon the data I receive, then contemplate, then exercise to recognize the truth of it.
-Melissa

Jacob

Post Number: 153
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 06:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, Melissa,

The block: intellect-rationality-consciousness are always the most important factor, the senses are just senses, and depending on how well they function, they provide raw data which need to be processed by the intellect-rationality-consciousness, without the consciousness and properly working intellect and rationality, the sensory input is as good as useless.
The aforementioned seven-fold process that I posted is basically two fold applies on both the consciousness-related/spiritual evolution but also on the material evolution (choosing a profession, career, etc)

The development of knowledge and wisdom in the material goes like this:

1. Profession choice (= Perception)

2. Profession circumstances, Profession material (= Recognition)

3. Profession cognizance (= Cognizance)

4. Professional study (= Insight)

5. Graduation, finals (= Knowledge)

6. Internship, bachelorhood (= Experience)

7. Mastery, complete ability (= Wisdom)

Once a person starts to trust his/her own consciousness-related abilities, intellect and rationality and uses logic, then the truth can be experienced regardless if one can see or hear or not.
Salome,
Jacob

As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.
~ Socrates

Jacob

Post Number: 154
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 06:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Corey,

The pineal gland is capable to detect both the 'feinstoffsinnliche' ( = consciousness-related energies) and the "superfeinstoffsinnliche" (spiritual-energies), however the latter can not be perceived as of yet because of the insufficient consciousness-related evolution of the Earth human at present time.
However the "feinstoffsinnliche" perception should / could. be developed provided one has a stable consciousness and psyche, however it is not recommend for people who have psychological problems.
Salome,
Jacob

As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.
~ Socrates

Cpl

Post Number: 688
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Hawaiian and Jacob,

What you say on a dreams vibrational frequency here is very interesting, and I think an important point to understand. So often a dream' s meaning, especially for me when it relates to the future, is only later understood when one encounters or witnesses the same nuance/feeling/frequency in the future. It is then only, and only sometimes, that the dream's meaning is revealed -- by said frequency vibration/ ambiance.

Just recently I experienced this with respect to MH370. The dream was rife with feelings of disappointment, sloppy workmanship, sympathy from Malaysian officials, and a feeling of relief that something was over. Yet this did not seem related to any dead or missing. Its meaning evaded me until I saw, a couple of days later on the TV news, that the Chinese passengers were finally leaving for their homes. The nuance/ ambiance or vibrational frequency of that event matched perfectly that of the dream, enabling me to then, and only then, to appreciate the dream' s meaning.

I have had a number of these types of dreams, and I often wonder whether the frequency is what determines the imagery rather than the other way round. If these frequencies arise from spirit or the collective world unconscious/subconscious it would seem so, and that the human mind or psyche then creates its own personal visionary version for the individual, based on that individual's psychological make-up.

What are your thoughts on this?

Chris
Chris

Use to the full both your heart and your head; and never lose either.

Melissa

Post Number: 124
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2014 - 09:22 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just as we use skin to invoke a sensation from touching heat or cold, we also use thought to invoke a sensation from feeling kindness or sadness.
Hence, feelings (caused by thoughts) are a human beings sixth sense.
This makes sense to me.
-Melissa

Rogerpeck

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2014 - 08:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have read quite extensively about the spiritual teachings as well as Mr. Meier's writings, although there is still much to sift through. One thing we must never disregard in our search for truth(s) is the usage of logic in these pursuits. To demand a certain proof with respect to many things should be considered a primary approach to anything as of yet discovered. Without this approach, we delude ourselves before we have even started, which correlates to the fact that one must never take the word of anyone as absolute fact until one has ceaselessly determined such facts as absolute for themselves. This is where intuition and logic meet. Sometimes we just know something, whereas other times we only think we do based on the input of others. I have seen many times both here and on other sites where certain views or view points have been quickly stomped out, for whatever reason. It's important that we remain tolerant even in the face of something that differs from our own perspectives. Many things exist in our Universe and even right here on Earth that have not yet been explained or even revealed. Do not underestimate the power and potential of the terrestrial Human. We are much more capable of understanding certain truths than we give ourselves credit for. The search for truth is important, but without certain other ingredients, it will continue to elude us.

Str0323

Post Number: 20
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 07:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello, Rogerpeck and everyone.
Two excellent articles by BEAM that relate to your post 14 above.

Doubt as a Shortcoming

The Wrong Way

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Spirit_Teaching#section_2

Salome,
Scott Reed

Iamhoagie

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2014 - 05:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,
I seem to be posting in the wrong area
Let me try this one

I am a newbie here and I am absorbing as much info as I can. I have believed wholeheartedly in the laws of creation and lived by them for many years. I am confused about something though. When it comes to prostitutes. I think they serve a need, they have a purpose, and it is the oldest profession.
According to the TJ, Jmmanuel will have you castrated and thrown in jail.
In the bible, Christ says,"it is better to sow thy seed in the womb of a prostitute than to cast it on the side of the road.
How should one consider this dilemma.

iamhoagie

Natdrip

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 06:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Iamhoagie,

The thing wrong with prostitution is the objectification of human beings.

This means the objectification of your thoughts and feelings toward human beings and oneself. Which has a slippery slope effect on the psyche and the actions of the human beings involved. This has a very damaging effect.

Several other things that go hand in hand with prostitution.
Spreading of Disease.
Growing and cultivation of fetishes
Human trafficking
Sex slaves
Rape of Children
Destruction of family
Murder
Snuff films
Drug use
Turf war
etc.

If a human being wants to have relations with another human being then a relationship should be cultivated. I am not saying you have to get married to this person or even have a "boy friend" "girl friend" exclusive relationship. But an essential recognition of love should be present. Love is defined as "the absolute knowledge that you co exist and co live with all of creation"(BEAM). So as part of yours and their evolution it would be right and proper to have relations.

There are other things that should be recognized in this what to do if marriage is in play.

If you are a male and she is a female whom is married to another then relations is not permitted.

If you were a female and she is a female that is married then relations would be permitted.

If you are a male who is married and she is a female who is not married then relations would be permitted.

To point out, these rules although correct must be reconciled on a case by case basis with the individuals involved.

So the saying goes just cause you can do something doesn't mean you should.
Thanks
Nathanael Mallow

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 122
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Roger,

I do agree that logic and tolerance are needed in our search for truth.

But the true aim of the Ps goes much further.
In many of their contact reports they mention instances of human egotism and selfishness that are in the way of our development.
So they go to the root of our problems today – telling us:
“It is high time that you change your way of thinking / self image”.

Because humanity has not much time left to change the effects of a greedy mind which would kill the last tree to make money - despite the danger of an oxygen collapse.

When we look through history we find that in every age there have been certain dominant truths. But these truths have often been only hypotheses, and when practice showed these truths to be untrue, more perfect hypotheses appeared in their place.
Many times the tool to verify these theories was not available.

For example many thoughts of ancient culture were hypothetical.
I would think that the closeness to Little Atlantis (Santorini) may have given some “Medi-terra-nean” cultures a glimpse of the vast knowledge of Atlantis.
I mentioned in a previous mail that Plato’s ideal of “philosopher-king” comes pretty close to the Ps JHWH and his statement that oneness permeates the infinite dualities – is very similar to what Jmmanuel taught some 400 years later (TJ chapter 34).

But for technical hypotheses the ancients often had no tool to verify the stated ideas.
Only some 2000 years later truly empirical methods supplemented the missing observation and experiment.

The hypothesis of the ancients and their nullification / verification in modern times via modern tools are like thesis and anti-thesis, the dialectic method favoured by Plato to elicit the truth as synthesis.
A synthesis which itself becomes the thesis for the next step in our evolution.

Sample

Ptolemy (and the ever so influential Aristotle) said:
“The earth is the center of the universe. It is always at the same point – it never moves.”

Ptolemy was wrong but his view of the universe lasted until the discovery of the telescope and signor Galileo asserted on his death bed that the earth moved. Copernicus and Kepler then showed that not only the earth but all planets moved. Newton supplied the mathematics, Einstein added time as a 4th dimension.

But Einstein gave us as well a formula that shows the relation between matter and energy.
And by doing so a new view of the cosmos is evolving.
The mechanical cosmos of Newton is more and more replaced by a view that indeed our cosmos is a form of energy (E = mc2 ) or radiation (E=hn) .
The first stating that the more you compress energy, it changes from energy to gas/liquid /matter (and vice versa) – the second view stating that every molecule , atom , proton , meson has energy n they all tend to radiate.
So any particle matter which tends to acquire energy has inherent ability to radiate.

“Everything gives off radiation because in every aspect of the environment, in every living thing and in everything man-made, you can find a radioactive isotope. Even if something is commonly non-radioactive (lead, for instance), it does have a radioactive isotope which will be present even if in the tiniest amounts. Even if something is commonly non-radioactive, it will be doped by radioactive contaminants. “

The Ps tell us that the material belt is in constant change
http://www.meiersaken.info/terrestrial_humans.html

Jmmanuel “Wherever life reveals itself, it is based on the law of the mystic secret which causes the timeless/eternal change.”
(TJ 36:33)

So - “Panta Rei” – Everything is in constant change.
Heraklites hypothesis is proven to be true for the changes of bodies (e.g. every human body cell is renewed within 2 1/2 years), the movement of earth, the planets, the sun and the whole universe and the constant change between matter and energy.

As history proves the thought proceeds the deed (verification) - a hypothesis is stated before we are able to verify it.

What is the synthesis following ancient hypotheses and verification with modern tools?

Well, Einstein’s correlation between energy and matter and Planck’s discovery of photons may just be the starting point of a new scientific research that will change again how we view our universe.

“There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter"
(Max Planck in 1944 - he added (six months before he died - Oct 1947) that, “although he had always been deeply religious, he did not believe in a personal God, let alone a Christian God.”)

Do his words not indicate a similarity to what the Ps call “Creation”?

Referring to your question (need to verify by logic) again:
There are many corroborated statements by the Ps (see MH website for details) .
But there are many unresolved ones, too:
We will e.g. not know if there is time travel until we are able to de- and re-materialize living and non living beings and are able to transform into particles that are much faster than the speed of light .
It is beyond our present logic how this can be achieved.

What is most necessary to achieve scientific success?

In our time countless scientists work in many little groups on specific projects - a great ant-like work is in progress where stone is added to stone.
The stones are very necessary but the individual researches are not enough.
We must base our research on the universal intelligence whose energy surrounds us and binds us.
And base our research on the oneness between mind, body and universe.
Only with a much more unified and peaceful mind will we be successful in our scientific research.

Plato’s “True knowledge is only attained through the right way of thinking….” is not far off the mark – even in view of today's world realities.

Aristotle may have taught us in what our sense organs tell us – and this served us well to explain the laws governing our mechanical universe.
He may have ridiculed as “u-topia” (no-place) Plato’s / Socrates’ “ideal world” and derided their teaching that “those who take the sun-lit world of the senses to be good and real are living pitifully in a den of ignorance… that the physical objects and events we witness are temporary “shadows” on their way to attain the perfect form”.

But in our time we are about to discover a new world which our senses are not able to witness. We discover that Aristotle’s concept of a creator god looking down on us has let to many wars and cruelties.

In short:

Our forum is not denying logic.
But logic becomes secondary if its “ultima ratio” is to mainly use it for self aggrandizement.
Our earthly consciousness today is overwhelmingly in the state of anger (looking down on others) resulting in endless quarrels.
Consequently the real truth the Ps want to convey is “continuing with the way you think – it will destroy your planet and yourself”

So it is most important to educate our mind – to think humanly, globally and universally.

Like humans the universe seeks wisdom, has a body (material belt) and a spirit.
We develop in oneness.
Our body and the entire universe is constantly created and re-created by our thinking.

“Life at each moment permeates the entire universe and is revealed in all its phenomena.
And each vibration, each thought, each individual one-mind-moment permeates the entire universe.”

We are a cosmic unit in cosmic unity.
This constant awareness.
Is the consciousness that every living being deeply seeks and wants to express.
Our “true” self-image.
Is oneness.

Salome

Bill

Corey

Post Number: 736
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 11:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Iamhoagie,

Don't listen to the untruthly untruth God-delusion-belief of the bible. It is the biggest delusion to ever hit planet Earth.

Prostitutes do not serve any need, and it is immoral, dishonorable, debasing, and unhealthy (promotes STD's). Prostitutes are taboo in Billy's teaching. OM has many canons against prostitution, and there are even CR that state that the Plejaren do not have any STD's because prostitution has been outlawed and eliminated in their race for tens of thousands of years. Even when their race visits a foreign planet, they are not allowed to have intercourse (or otherwise engage) with a prostitute, like I said it is taboo.
Mentalblock: Bewusstsein, Gedanken, Gefühle, Psyche
Bewusstseinblock: Charakter, Persönlichkeit, Unterbewusstsein, Ego, Gedächtnis "Lehrschrift" page 124
Ratio: Verstand, Vernunft, Klugheit, Moral "The Psyche" page 216

Natdrip

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 07:02 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Iamhoagie one more thing.

"According to the TJ, Jmmanuel will have you castrated and thrown in jail." - the book is wrong.

"In the bible, Christ says,"it is better to sow thy seed in the womb of a prostitute than to cast it on the side of the road." - the book is wrong.

How should one consider this dilemma.

1) The mutilation of a human being which cannot be undone and would further lead the individual down a path of confusion is against nature and a determent to the individuals growth. Dismemberment, Capitol punishment, torture, illogical imprisonment, extortion, do not ever result in anything but resentment.

2) Masturbation is not wrong it is the individuals prerogative. It is right, good and correct. It also promotes a healthy psyche.
Thanks
Nathanael Mallow

Patm

Post Number: 280
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Natdrip,

RE: "According to the TJ, Jmmanuel will have you castrated and thrown in jail." - the book is wrong.

Your reference is from an old outdated version of the TJ which has been corrected and no longer contains the angelical terminology of Isa Rachid.

The newest version (2011) does not use the term castration.

In Billy's explanation: Entmannung - is a separation of a woman from men (manless) and
Entweibung - is a separation of a man from women (womanless) and does NOT mean castration as is the sense of the word's current translation.

The original sense of separation is solely and alone a segregation from society in a banishment-based kind and way.

The newest version is available in German from FIGU at:
https://figu.org/shop/b%C3%BCcher/talmud-jmmanuel?language=en

Salome
PatM

Earthling

Post Number: 882
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 02:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regarding castration and what Jmmanuel meant by it.

http://beam2eng.blogspot.com/2014/05/readers-question-ii-may-3-2014.html

http://beam2eng.blogspot.com/

Bruce

Iamhoagie

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 05:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tat_tvam_asi

Extraordinary, Very well said, however, you quote Einstein in
But Einstein gave us as well a formula that shows the relation between matter and energy.
And by doing so a new view of the cosmos is evolving.
The mechanical cosmos of Newton is more and more replaced by a view that indeed our cosmos is a form of energy (E = mc2 )
That formula is no longer valid. He did not believe in dark matter. It has been proven that there is no empty space. There is energy making up empty space, therefore velocity has to be included in the formula. Einsteins theory does not include velocity. He was also proven wrong in his thinking on inertial mass. He believed that inertial mass and gravitational mass were the same whereas they are different. If you can shield inertial mass, miracles happen.
That is how extraterrestrial vehicles can make right hand turns traveling so fast without killing the occupants. Thank you for all the insight though, that was very informative.

So you see, we are moving closer to understanding.

Kenneth

Post Number: 88
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 07:37 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tat_tvam_asi,
Yes, Einstein was mistaken on several levels; thank goodness for that or we may have destroyed our planet by now. I’m not putting Elbert down, he was a good, moral and superior person, but because of his intelligence, abilities and talents, he was used by several governments to promote their war machines. We now recognize that E=mc2 is incorrect; but imagine what this being could have achieved for humanity if he was left to carry out his work for merely peaceful purposes?

Not only did Einstein not believe in Dark Matter, but he also said that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light; we also now know that this is incorrect. Unfortunately, statements like these have had the consequence of restraining science and technology development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light

Cpl

Post Number: 719
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kenneth,
It depends what you mean by "nothing": No thing? As the Wiki (ultimately a weak source to cite for science specifics because it can be wrong but is usually right) link you provided explains no thing in the form of matter, energy or information can travel faster than the speed of light. While distant universes may appear to be receding at a speed faster than light, that is ultimately just a perception due to the cumulative expansion of space in the universe, again as the link explains. The universes themselves are not travelling that fast. It is the non-material, non-thing that can travel faster than light, again the link explains this.

I do not recall the CN # (sorry), but my memory tells me that when Billy was talking with one of the P about the speed of light, Billy essentially confirmed that nothing (no thing) travels faster than the speed of light.
The way the P get around this is they travel through hyperspace and so bypass the realm of space and distance, so speed is a non issue. One cannot, as I see it, talk of speeds there. Speed is a reality of spacetime. It doesn't function that way in hyperspace. You can look back after ones hyperspace travel and seeing how long it would have taken in spacetime then say you travelled at the equivalent of...whatever speed. As I understand, it it is not a speed of the ship or people in it. It's like travelling into another dimension; it is not a function of speed.
It's a very interesting topic though, isn't it?
Chris

Use to the full both your heart and your head; and never lose either.

Iamhoagie

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 04:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you all. This was a very informative thread.

Lets hope science and technology continues in the right direction for all mankind. It will make our job a little easier.

Within yourself is a stillness, a sanctuary
to which you can retreat, and be yourself
iamhoagie

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page