Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through March 02, 2015

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Meditation » Archive through March 02, 2015 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Iblis

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 07:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi ,
is recalling past lives possible by meditation?

i know some ways where they tell you to go to that nice place when you meditate but seems like i mostly can only concentrate between my eyebrows where i can see a light sometimes

it would be really nice to get further insight

thanks

Memo00

Post Number: 624
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 06:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Recently Billy said this:

"Generally this will need several millennia, but can be sped up through meditation, which could bring results in 10, 20, 30 or 50 years, depending on the efforts. But in order to be successful really deep meditation is necessary. It could be possible in 8 years if the person is constantly meditating (with breaks only for eating and sleeping). "

Salome

Andyv24

Post Number: 62
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2014 - 07:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want to thank Bruce for his efforts at http://beam2eng.blogspot.com/

I highly recommend having a read of the latest article, "Every Life is Precious" and actually following through on Billy's advice to regularly think deeply about ones inevitable death.

Billy writes (as translated by Bruce) "However, it is possible to imagine this moment of the end of the life, and by doing so to feel the deep calm, the peace and the love that comes from the death. And if this happens, then the angst and trepidation also gives way, and it opens a way of the understanding for the death itself, as well as for this, that both ones own as well as any other life is immeasurably precious."

I have taken to the exercise and I must say I have NOT experienced the "deep calm, the peace and the love that comes from the death." Quite the opposite in fact. When I thought of my own death, I felt very uncomfortable -- not for fright of the beyond and the dissolution of my consciousness -- but because, if I continue the route that I am on, I will have lived an utterly pathetic life and my death transition will be filled with painful regrets. And it would be all the more regrettable because I actually am aware of Billy and the renewed teaching and thus have the guidebook to the most good and satisfying life in my hand.

This is all to say, I can see how the exercise can be hugely beneficial. For me, it has served as a kick in the pants, a way of showing myself to myself how much time I waste, how embarrassingly foolish, futile, and destructive my myriad of vices, and how poor sometimes my treatment of others... and indeed, how precious the life.

I share all this not because I enjoy exposing myself as a [very] far from perfect person, but to give a testimonial of sorts to the potential enormous benefit of the contemplation of death:

"Two thumbs up, eleven stars...I highly recommend this exercise!"

Would be curious of others' experiences in this regard...

All the best.

Blake_p

Post Number: 248
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 07:22 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Andyv24,

Something you may or may not have realized is that these exercises,while usually concentrating on something specific for a specific result, usually other realizations come about-about many other things. You have listed many attributes or behaviors that are detrimental to leading a life in equtability but the first step is always being able to recognize these things and then taking the necessary steps to correct them. This is a process that will take a rediculous amount of incarnations to be at the level where these attributes are no longer a concern for everyone,so in the meantime, understand that we all have to work on these to become better human beings in the entirety. You have the recognition of what needs to be improved and the ultimate tools(The Spiritual Teaching) to guide you always in the right direction. If these are truly things you wish to be different about yourself then start now,it's never over til it's over,meaning,it's never to late to make a change.

Hjjusa

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are there any updated dimensions for building your own copper pyramid?

Andyv24

Post Number: 66
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 01:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blake,

Right. That was the thrust of what I was trying to say -- the exercise proved valuable for exactly that purpose, reminding me of my faults that need to be worked on... right now! I didn't mean to suggest I was doomed to live a life well below my potential in terms of character and success. Quite the opposite. Certainly progress is possible. The value of the death meditation as I have found it in my handful of attempts is an impetus/encouragement to not delay the inner work.

And that's why I shared -- for those who, like me, too often put off self-development until tomorrow (and then tomorrow and then tomorrow, etc), the death meditation perhaps may help rouse you to action today.

Take care.

Davidmg

Post Number: 156
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2014 - 06:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hjjusa;

Yes, corrections are in progress. I am just waiting to hear back from Christian when Mr. Meier has verified and made corrections to the measurements. It may take a while. I am not sure if Christian will inform me of when these correction have been done. But, if he does then I will post here and at the "Pyramid" section of the forum that the corrections have been done so everyone who wishes to build their own Meditation Pyramid can do so.

Davidmg

Yao

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 12:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi£¬i read http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Concentration,_Meditation,_Sleep.
i have two question£¬can you help me£¿
£¨1£©how can i know that i reach non-active state and the passive state of the consciousness when i am meditating£¿
£¨2£©what is the different between thinking at non-active state and thinking at active state£¿
thank you£¡

Blake_p

Post Number: 266
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 01:34 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

An interesting conformation from Harvard about the effects of meditation on the brain.

http://www.feelguide.com/2014/11/19/harvard-unveils-mri-study-proving-meditation-literally-rebuilds-the-brains-gray-matter-in-8-weeks/

Aimee

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 09:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

I am hoping to find some help. Lately, while being relax and laying down on my bed, my eyes start flickering pretty fast and succession of scenes start appearing without wishing for it to happen.

I was afraid and decided to block my thoughts in relation to this. As for today, I have restart concentration exercise (candle) while applying IT IS SO form. Same as observing my feelings & emotions more closely.
I have notice that those scenes were in good quality like watching an HD movie. If I compare to dream state, scene are more likely to be blur like if a veil was to be put in front of my eyes.

I am hoping my imagination is not interfering with my normal state so no schizophrenia or euphoric state could arise from it.

Thanks for reading me,
Salome

Ramirez

Post Number: 1087
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2014 - 07:17 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Aimee,

What you describe is quite normal ..... for some people at least.

Observing what occurs is fine though it might be more productive to simply relax and try to switch off the thinking process (self dialogue) if possible.

Is the viewing screen a sort of oval shape right in front of the face area or something else ?

What i find consistently helpful is burning incense for instance Jasmin or Lotus as examples, lying down in a darkened or dimly lit room and playing music through headphones or earphones all of which combined promotes relaxation.

Here's a few examples of music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ue1CbwcpI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGDUQ0SORnw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea4Btsiz9-I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmHkDZe7_48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN2Mdn0boCI

If it's schizophrenia ..... enjoy your insanity rather than fret about it :-)

If you can find ways to extend and intensify the experiences (obtain greater clarity and detail) that might lead to some insights.

For me typically the scenes are mostly like a slideshow each scene lasting several seconds or longer or like a playback of short movies again lasting usually only seconds and the scenes are usually street scenes or faces as though it's a record of a conversation or just watching everyday life ..... nothing exceptional or dramatic however some scenes are of locations apparently hundreds of years old ..... looking out of a window, looking along a street etc ..... everyday sort of hardly noticed things but definitely not from this life, anything previously seen on a picture or film or content of past dreams. These look to be original.

If you can possibly manage it and know someone with "magical hands" having them sit behind or beside you with a hand over the eyes or forehead or both or different combinations of hands on positions similar to Reiki can intensify such experiences meaning you can start such an event using all those above named elements (music, incense, dark room, hands on by someone) in combination rather than waiting for it to begin spontaneously.

Might sound strange to some but have they tried it or spontaneously experienced similar ? It's different, doesn't involve beliefs, narcotics, complicated meditation practices and who knows what sort of scenes might appear ......

Hope that helps ......
Cheers.

Aimee

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2014 - 03:25 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

Thank Ramirez for giving me a chance to understand this better, it make me feel more confortable.

I would like to emphasise on some points.

- "What you describe is quite normal ..... for some people at least."

I have not tell anyone explaining the reason of my post on this forum. I am not sure to be able to speak openly about it.

- "Is the viewing screen a sort of oval shape right in front of the face area or something else ? "

Same as watching a movie but inside my head on "full screen mode" but the first time it ever happen it was indeed an oval shape like in a small circle.

- "If you can find ways to extend and intensify the experiences (obtain greater clarity and detail) that might lead to some insights."

I had insight but more related to dreams following this experience in the same month.
I usually study my dreams as soon as awake. Two dreams were strongly related to a life's journey meaning direction, foundation or understanding.

Overall I have definitely, felt a change. I have turn 35 years old this last month which end a cycle of 7 years.

The most recent experience was, while having a conversation with someone I had just met, I came to realize it was possible to concentrate on someone face despite him talking. Everything's became so much clearer, his voice, the background, the tiny muscle on his face. This was a strange moment which had last for 45 or 60 secondes.

It felt like a unique moment, like if it was the first time I would truly see or listen.

Salome

Ramirez

Post Number: 1088
Posted on Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Aimee,

"The most recent experience was, while having a conversation with someone I had just met, I came to realize it was possible to concentrate on someone face despite him talking. Everything's became so much clearer, his voice, the background, the tiny muscle on his face. This was a strange moment which had last for 45 or 60 secondes."

This seems to be enhanced observation where something everyday becomes more vivid with the perceptual faculties being able to build up and deliver more detail than would normally occur with a similar situation ..... it's an advantage.

At this forum you are unknown meaning nobody knows your identity so it's quite safe to speak openly which is probably the most effective way in which to reveal details others might be able to comment on .... the more detail the better.

There aren't any magicians or mind readers here ..... well maybe some who claim to be but mostly just ordinary people who respond to what appears in print.

If you experienced strange things ..... strange to you it's no problem here.

All this talk about spirituality and how to obtain it .......

I think it's just basically living a decent life according to an acceptable set of standards in addition to expanding awareness and perception of what constitutes reality ...... not imagination masquerading as reality.

If you declared you think there's an eternal paradise in the sky which you will enter and remain in for sure by believing what's written in books or told by certain persons who claim to be intermediaries for an invisible man in the sky then yes you would be considered strange here but i'm sure your experiences are not related to that.

If those short visions of scenes are full screen all the better.

If you can describe the contents in more detail plus impressions, thoughts, feelings, evaluations, signifigance of what may have been occurring at the time maybe that's what you wish reveal ..... nobody knows except you.

Those special moments which at the time they occur you somehow know are a unique experience seem to be milestones or moments which people in general recall repeatedly throughout life ..... memories which linger and keep recurring unlike most things which immediately fade and never again return ..... probably everyone has a collection of those and as time goes by the meaning of their content usually becomes clearer as perception improves.

Whatever is important to you ..... this is the place to say so and expect at least the odd answer.

Strangely many people seem to be shocked to discover that the internal thought processes of others seem so similar or even identical to themselves however given the superficial nature of everyday interactions it's hardly surprising.

Again ..... the more detail you provide the more likely it's going to result in receiving replies.

Life's journey, meaning, direction ...... that's the sort of stuff which has substance we understand here.
Cheers.

Aimee

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ramirez,

Thanks once again. I have to say the word "vivid" you used is the perfect word in relation to this experience.

For the scene I have attached a drawing which I did to represent what I saw.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=97itdt&s=8#.VJC2mGSsW9s

Here is the description :

First Scene:
Me being in deep water, looking at sharks. Mainly looking and observing the scene, no feeling whatsoever the scene came to an end as one was getting closer to me whit his mouth wild open.

Second Scene:
I was floating above a river and saw this one ending in a big waterfall. The scene was big and amazing but once again I had no feeling on the moment until I saw myself going to fall which ended the scene.

Third scene:
Looking at the sky with a lot of cloud on a sunny day. Someone was standing on a cloud as they would come to separate themselves to let him appears with something in his hand like a stick I guess. A light started to shine from his stick while becoming very intense which ended the scene.

Overall I was a bit scared as I wasn't sure about what I just saw and if it was real or not. 2 days after I decided to make a drawing to prove myself I was not crazy and did saw something.

salome

Ramirez

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 03:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Aimee,

There's probably a personal signifigance to those scenes however what you describe are the sometimes frustrating or frightening dream sequences where your unable to do anything effective when impending danger seems present causing you to wake up.

There might be a symbolic meaning though this would be individual relating only to you.

The occasional slide shows in a waking state i've experienced have always been just a series of neutral scenes.

In the real world maybe this has something to do with a past, present or possible future relationship or person who is intent on taking advantage of you = shark or maybe concerns a decision to take out a loan which might prove a burden later.
Cheers.

Aimee

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - 07:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Ramirez,

I would like to thank you in regards to our conversation. I have finally came to an answer in regards to the meaning of life.

The true is that there is no true, no sadness, no happiness is to be found but rather emptiness.

I have came to realize that life has a deeper meaning which is to let go and rather contemplate until we go back to where we come from.

The material life is limitless but the spiritual is endless, this end my search for answers.

Without Billy and life itself I would have never discover this:

Life is lifeless

Salome

Aimee

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I came to realize that I might have sound a bit spooky with my last my post but here, I would like to share with you some insight which appear to me like inner feeling.

I always struggle on one quote from Bhante Dharmawara (Billy's friend):

“You are what you think; you are what you eat and drink.”

I tried to understand and resolve this riddle for the last 2 years until yesterday.
The body needs food to function, the food is then assimilate and digest by natural process.
The mind, in particular spiritual lessons as a focus point are like food for consciousness which need to be assimilate and digest though mediation.

I believe both must be in balance and cannot be ignore to the extent of another for any purpose.

Bhante is right, we truly are what we eat, drink and think. I always wonder why Buddhist monks are only eating one meal a day,
so many times I always wonder why it's taking me so long to understand Billy's spiritual teaching. Everything we eat, learn needs to be right food/thoughts, assimilate and digest.
My inner feeling is telling me to eat only bread and water to experiment body, I feel this is as a natural process even a continuity.

Salome

Michael_horn

Post Number: 947
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2014 - 08:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aimee,

Just a suggestion but I think you should not do that experiment. We need to not go to extremes and throw ourselves out of balance in a so-called "spiritual pursuit".

You probably don't live in an ashram or monastery, etc., where everyone is involved in some kind of practice and life is accommodating such things.

It may be better to enjoy nourishing food in moderation and realize that a good attitude, without over-emphasizing or going to dietary extremes, will be much more conducive to your consciousness-related evolution.

And if you're living in a climate where it's cold now, you don't want o start depriving your body of nourishment either.

Aimee

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 02:59 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Michael,

First and most of all, Thank you very much for the Q&A with Billy.

Secondly, would you suggest food which contains artificial fertilizers and insecticides with moderation, the animal whose flesh and product we eat which are fed on artificial food and wrongly kept. I truly wonder when I do not have access to a garden for a private culture neither living near a farm.

Yes, I do not live in a monastery and neither the people around me are too concern about it. I guess too busy whit this food culture (restaurent, social media, TV programmes, taking pictures of their six-course meals . . .)

For this I was planning to start whenever I would be off work, off friends, off family and practice while being emotionally relax and listening closely to my body.

I remember reading Billy in regards to bread making and how important it was to learn how to make it. This will be a good a start to practice.

I do not pretend to achieve anythings in relation to a "spiritual aspect" but instead becoming truly aware of what goes into my body. If my consciousness is having a true revolution so does my body.

Salome

*this engage me and myself only.

Michael_horn

Post Number: 950
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2014 - 07:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Aimee,

> Unfortunately almost all food is compromised, one way or another. The polluted rain falls everywhere as well. Buying organic food may be better.

Billy has also said that human beings ar alike…pigs, in that we actually can eat almost anything, not that we'd necessarily want to but it may sometimes be necessary for survival.

Marbar

Post Number: 272
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sometime last month, I was trying to meditate and a fly was flying around my head. I was the only person in the house and the only things that was making noise was the refrigerator and the TV on a channel playing peaceful music. This happened during the afternoon.

After a few minutes of meditating, I notice a fly circling around my head. It seems like the fly was aligned with my forehead flying counterclockwise. The picture provided on how I was meditating.

Since the fly was flying around my head when I was meditating, what does that mean?

Newinitiation

Post Number: 1294
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2015 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It means to stop meditating and swat the darn thing Marbar.

If you need assistance there is a photo of our prophet Billy with a fly swat about to do an overhead slam on these pesky illness producing critters.

Blimey

Matt lee

Doogsnova

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, March 02, 2015 - 10:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In regards to the mini copper meditation pyramid:

On the FIGU shop page it says it is for 2 people.

My question is, does it require 2 people to be effective?

If one person is sitting in front of the pyramid during the meditation time, is it still linking up to the federation?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page